AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-17, 17:20   Link #561
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowMagnet View Post
Good episode. Lots of Natsume is always good

Spoiler for final episode next week:
That's also a good chapter to end the series, still wishing for a 2nd season..
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 17:39   Link #562
bbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
I could use words to sing praise to the show again but.. This image.
The moment the color of the brightening sky meets that of the darkening cheeks of a girl confessing her love, and you realize you are watching something truly great.
A true work of art. That is all.
Old 2012-12-17, 19:47   Link #563
hyl
reading #hikaributts

While this anime is probably my favorite of this season (especially this episode), unfortunately the disc sales so far weren't that great.
Although the first disc on had 1 episode, so that might explain something.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 21:00   Link #564
jte742

Another great episode. It's always nice to see things from other characters' perspectives (and makes it much easier to follow for a dense and slow person like me...).

To be honest, I find Natsume (like most of the characters, it has to be said, though part of what makes this show good is that none of them are perfect) a bit frustrating at times, so being able to see her thoughts in more detail makes her much more relatable and likable to me. And now that she has confessed to Mi-chan, I'm really rooting for her.

As an aside, am I the only one who really likes Oshima? For all her shyness, I think she is very strong for being able to hold onto her love for Haru even in the face of near-certain heartbreak. I really think she deserves some love. Plus, I dig the glasses.

Here's hoping for a good last episode. I have more faith than ever that they're going to be able to make it a good ending. Even if it isn't, this is one of my favorite series, and I'm going to be sad in a week when it's all over. At least there is still the manga...
jte742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 02:31   Link #565
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshasa View Post
Considering how long that fag remained untapped, sasayan seems to be destined for a a yamaken.
I dunno, I think that scene can be interpreted in many different ways. I for one thought the silence was damning more than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon
I had no idea "fag" was a slang for cigarette in the UK. Needless to say, Rakshasa's sentence was very awkward in my mind
Lol.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 02:34   Link #566
Flame-X
Anti-fan

Anyone know if there's an OST release for this?

I would like to know the title of this bgm that's been played almost every ep.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-12-18, 02:59   Link #567
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I dunno, I think that scene can be interpreted in many different ways. I for one thought the silence was damning more than anything else.
I thought so, too. The scene was perfect; the best in this episode, and one of the best in the show. How they talked about love, with Natsume focussing on her happy utopia, and Misawa focusing on family planning and a nostalgic look-back on high school crushes. Natsume's awkward Mi-chan-san's (impossible to translate that... one reason I don't want dubs). The delivery of the confession (very little in the way of tone change, and yet...), the way Misawa froze (even though he didn't move that much from the beginning), the timing until Natsume turned and left (and the speed with which she left), and again the timing until the ashes dropped from the cigarret...

All we know is that Misawa was caught by surprise, but I don't really see any indications of romance in his demeanor.

God, I'm going to miss this show. Why isn't this a two-cour?
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 04:07   Link #568
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
While this anime is probably my favorite of this season (especially this episode), unfortunately the disc sales so far weren't that great.
Although the first disc on had 1 episode, so that might explain something.
In case of shoujo's it is best not to check out DVD/Blu-ray sales but the manga volume sales. If there is a noticeable increase there is a good chance we'll get a second season.

Having said that volume 11 hasn't been released yet (I think) so we'll have to wait a while before we see if the anime had an impact on it.
Old 2012-12-18, 04:21   Link #569
Rakshasa

Quote:
That was far from a damning silence imo, if it was something he'd reject out-of-hand that's not really the kind of shock of hearing something unexpected that one would expect.

It seemed more like he was too busy trying to process what just happen to remember to move or make any response.

Quote:
Lol.
The joys of a vocabulary spanning multiple languages and cultures.
Old 2012-12-18, 06:06   Link #570
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

great episode.... finally Natsume-Sasayan-Michan got enough air time to shine...
enjoy their relationship so far...

This episode gave me enough of Natsume's cuteness
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 08:46   Link #571
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I lol at "Banasonic". Is it just a translation mistake or is it really Banasonic?

I have been meaning to ask, exactly how old is Mi-chan? He doesn't look older than 30 to me. If only he changes his hairstyle a little and drop that glasses, I would totally fall for him.

The first few seconds after a love confession is never easy. It feels like an eternity.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 08:58   Link #572
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Mi-chan's precise age is "way, way too old for Natsume". Fortunately he's both too smart and too kind to be swayed by her shock confession. Falling in love with an unrealistic crush and getting hurt a little can be one of those "love that helps us grow up" things he was talking about.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 11:04   Link #573
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
I lol at "Banasonic". Is it just a translation mistake or is it really Banasonic?
It's not a mistake. They're not allowed to use brand names, so most of the time, they just tweak the names a little. Like WcDonald's or Somy.
Old 2012-12-18, 11:18   Link #574
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I understand, but won't that serve as a free advertisement for them?

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 11:36   Link #575
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I suppose so, but it seems that it's fine in the eyes of whoever is in charge of TV regulations so long as they don't use the actual names.
Old 2012-12-18, 12:13   Link #576
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
I understand, but won't that serve as a free advertisement for them?
I see it as the best of both worlds for the real company if the anime uses a fake name. The fake name is close enough to the real name that the viewer knows who they're talking about (Banasonic = Panasonic), so the real company gets its free advertising. On the other hand if the anime puts the product in a bad light, the real company can deny all knowledge of the anime's actions and preserve its reputation.

I also see it as the best of both worlds for the anime as well. Their fake name is close enough to the real name that the viewer knows who they're talking about. But they don't have to worry about usage fees, getting legal permission, or any corporate limitations on how the product is depicted if they used the real name.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 12:20   Link #577
ookamigirl

Sasayan & Natsume would make nice couple ^^
Shizuku promising Haru a picknick was kinda sweet.
Well, at least he's easy to please..
The New Year out in the open was interesting.
It was kinda fun as well ^^
This was totally a holiday episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 12:48   Link #578
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Ohohohoho, Sasayan understanding Natsume to the nth degree, to the point of playing matchmaker for her? And Natsume admitting she can feel normal around Sasayan? This is probably the closest this show would come to an osananajimi-like relationship, so I hope Mi-chanXNatsume crash and burns to the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jte742 View Post
As an aside, am I the only one who really likes Oshima?
TBQH, Oshima is the main reason why I'm still watching the show. HanaKana's characters tends to be of maiwaifu material for me. And of the three main contenders this season, Oshima beats the other two in terms of moe points BECAUSE it's hard not to feel sorry for her when even she knows her love for Yoshida is doomed. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 16:43   Link #579
Salva
Princess since baptism.

Now that was interesting episode. I loved it! Yamaken, poor Yamaken... I can't express my love for the guy. I love how he's so cold and calm whenever someone else mentions Mitty yet he tries his best whenever she's around to catch her attention. It's lovely to see a guy acting like that. It's exactly what I always wanted the male lead to do. Not acting all shy and embarassed but approaching his crush with confidence and without wavering. He's impressive and I admire him a lot. Also he's not ideal and that makes him even better.

I'm surprised how the show can manage to switch the perspectives like that. It's very interesting and refreshing to see the whole situation through another set of eyes. First Yamaken, now Natsume. I still don't like her but I can't tell I don't admire her for what she did. Also I don't want Natsume and Sasayan together. They doesn't match well to me...

Quote:
Mi-chan's speech regarding love was wonderful and rang true. It prompted a confession from Natsume, which I did not expect to happen now. Judging from his reaction, Mi-chan didn't see it coming either. Sadly, I think he will reject her. I just hope he'll do it gently.
Confession scene was shocking to me. I did anticipated some kind of "serious talk" between the two but never really hoped for something like that. She's got guts and I admire her for that! She realised he can talk to him and then she gave it a shot. Naive and honest and some may call it stupid but for me the girl was brave and she will certainly grow up thanks to that experience. Also I'm definietely not going to root for this pairing. I don't want to talk about it being unrealistic, that's not the case. It's just in this show I can clearly see she's not mature enough for him yet. She can grow up into fabulous woman he'd love to have as a partner. But right now she's a kiddo, and he knows it. He also probably didn't expect such blunt confession. Actually in this one short moment I saw a woman in her. She wasn't scared, she didn't avert her gaze, she looked him in the eye and then just turned around. It was great. I can't stop feeling it was absolutely amazing moment.

Quote:
Really. Natsume was just wonderful in ep12. And a large part of the wonderful for me was the voice of newish seiyuu Tanezaki Atsumi. Hints of feeling all the time. That lovely slight rawness in her voice. And a sense that the character is real.
I'm happy someone noticed that too, it first caught my attention during conversation with Sasayan on the stairs. I loved her voice for it's innocence? I don't what it was, but it was certainly something new.

Quote:
As for the Haru and Mitty side of things, not much happened. Mitty managed to manipulate Haru into leaving her alone so she can study in peace (which was accomplished surprisingly easily) and she ended up being accidentally hit by him again later on in the episode. Nothing too unusual.
I was really amused that she actually started training him. It was great choice and it's actually working. Kinda reminds me of Toradora and Chunibyou. Mitty is great character as well. But I honestly don't like Haru, his constant hitting and not controling or even trying to control his emotions makes me really annoyed.

Now I'm quite scared what will happen in the next episode. I think it's the time to start reading manga.
Old 2012-12-19, 00:01   Link #580
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I thought the Love Fortunes were hilarious. Were they the actual translations or did the subbers take some liberties?

Yamaken : Terrible - Right Next To You

Haru : Excellent - Watch what you say

Mitty: Terrible - Trouble Nearby

Oshima : Terrible - Learn to suck it up

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, shoujo