Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-04-20, 18:27   Link #141
Schwarzwald
Tanjuu Oserotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem
Use an external program; I used to use Hypersnap DX, and now I use SnagIt. With Hypersnap there was a special setting you needed to enable, something about DX capture or DirectX capture, I can't really remember. Snagit has those things all in the presets. Windows on its own won't be able to do it. This also holds true for many games, unless the game has a built-in screenshot function attached to the "print screen" button, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSS
the "printscreen" key *doesnt* work with overlay video output.

Here are the methods that may works(with free stuffs ) :
1. Try using media player classics/zoom player with VMR7/9 windowed/Renderless Renderer.
2. ffdshow picture grabbing filter.
3. mplayer with OpenGL/SDL video-out.
I have version 5.6 of PowerDVD that has less features than the previous iterations(or those that followed), all mine can do is change language/subs, go to title/root menu, mute, skip scenes, fast forward, rewind, play, pause, stop, and that's it, no slow-mo, no screencap, etc.
WMP won't play DVDs.
Media Player Classic will, but the screencap function says "error" when it attempts.
ZoomPlayer won't play DVDs until I pay for it.
I don't know how to get ffdshow to force a screencap.
HyperSnap DX, even after altering the functions, won't do it.
Snagit faces the same problems that come with not removing overlays for normal avi video on WMP, and after closing and opening Snagit once it freezes.
Blaze MP still won't let me reinstall it(trial period over; the only player to actually take screencaps)
MSPaint, of course, won't, and if there's a way to do it in Photoshop, I haven't found it.
New suggestions...please.

Last edited by Schwarzwald; 2006-04-20 at 18:42.
Schwarzwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 23:12   Link #142
StellarL

Screenshotting

Does anyone know how to screenshot? like when I screen shot the picture from wmp and then paste it on paint, on paint the pasted picture is moving along with the wmp... i dont know how to fix tht -.-"
StellarL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 23:25   Link #143
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarL
Does anyone know how to screenshot? like when I screen shot the picture from wmp and then paste it on paint, on paint the pasted picture is moving along with the wmp... i dont know how to fix tht -.-"
You cannot directly screenshot out of WMP. WMP renders the image you see over black pixels so the screenshot you take is just the black pixels. The video then keeps playing over the black pixels. You will need to use virtualdub or equivalent to take a screen capture. Open video in virtualdub, Select "Copy source frame to clipboard" under the Video menu (Ctrl+1). Done.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 23:28   Link #144
monster

Use Ctrl+I in wmp, it should automatically open up the Save Captured Image dialog so just save. Pause the video before taking the screenshot for better accuracy.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 01:16   Link #145
Nicholi
King of Hosers

I donno about WMP, but if you had practically any other player around you could easily take screenshots. With Media Player Classic (MPC), Zoom Player (ZP), The Core Media Player (TCMP), etc.
Nicholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 05:40   Link #146
randomlurker123
Stalker 101

u need to off ur video hardware accleration.
Old 2006-07-17, 01:50   Link #147
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholi
I donno about WMP, but if you had practically any other player around you could easily take screenshots. With Media Player Classic (MPC), Zoom Player (ZP), The Core Media Player (TCMP), etc.
Okay, I'm curious. How do you take a screenshot with TCMP? I've been using that player for a long time and I don't know how to do this. The closest I can come is to enable screen capture in ffdshow.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 02:23   Link #148
Nicholi
King of Hosers

I'll be happy to reply to you tommorow my good frirend Nonsanninwaaaaaaaaaa. After my hangover n_n
Old 2006-07-17, 18:13   Link #149
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Yeah my mistake. I have always considered TCMP one of the other good players to use in place of MPC or ZP. I figured it would have something as simple as screenshot/capture/grab feature in the player.

I'll bet on the very new hyped TCMP5 they might add support for it.
Old 2006-07-17, 18:27   Link #150
Toxic
Champion of Obscurity

Send a message via MSN to Toxic
Quote:
The snapshot feature in MPC doesn't work at all for me. What I have to do when I want to take a snapshot, is to open up the movie file with "Windows Movie Maker" and then find the frame. This is a pain, cause it takes quite a while to open up the file.

I've tried different players. WMP, MPC, VLC, DivX and WinAmp. With MPC, I tried printscreen and I tried the snapshot feature. With the others, I used print screen.
Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 20:37   Link #151
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Well I donno about any snapshottting. But going to 'File->Save Image' in MPC will work if used correctly. The only thing which can limit your ability to take a screenshot is the video renderer used. Example, you can never take a screenshot using 'Overlay Mixer' however switching to nearly all the other ones in MPC will work.

If you are a CCCP user you will note we force 'Overlay Mixer' as the default renderer in both MPC and ZP only for compatibility reasons. Overlay Mixer is more assured to work for nearly everyone whereas VMR7/9 can have multiple issues, not even regarding their quality problems. So just switch the video renderer in the MPC settings and take as many screenshots as you want.

The reason printscreen does not work, for any type of videos, is because the video on your screen is what is called a video overlay. The CPU itself is not working with any of that video, it is all going directly to the video card. Thus when you press printscreen you get nothing but black because that video is not there according to your processor. However if you were to play something without a video overlay, you would be able to use printscreen. Forcing RGB output is the easiest way I know of to do that. Some renderers in other weird players also just don't use video overlay, so using printscreen in them may work.
Old 2006-07-27, 17:55   Link #152
Icy303

IMG capping

i see alot of good scan/images/screen caps on this forums. what program do you all suggest for gettingsome good caps off. i've tried to use VLC's built in screen capping but that has returned not so great results. please halp me!
Icy303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 18:28   Link #153
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
If you have CCCP or ffdshow installed you can use its grab function.
http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/ind...grab_frames.3F
Here are instructions to get the highest possible quality caps.
Arimfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-28, 14:38   Link #154
Icy303

though i started this post but i think my bad engrish has offened the mod gods of this forum has caused them to relocate it to the nether relms of the fourm... oh well

thanks for the suggestions all i'll give them a lil try out and see if the results are better than VLC or print screen.
Icy303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 18:07   Link #155
Myname

Screen capturing prog

Does anyone know of a screen capturing program for .mkv/.ogm like VirtualDub?

Screen caps frame by frame. Something besides VirtualDubMod. If possible.
Myname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 21:42   Link #156
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Using the Grab feature in ffdshow would probably be the best/easiest if you want to capture a large section of frames from such a file. Since you can specifically tell it to capture a range of frames.
Old 2006-08-25, 20:49   Link #157
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Thumbs up

Quote:
If you are a CCCP user you will note we force 'Overlay Mixer' as the default renderer in both MPC and ZP only for compatibility reasons. Overlay Mixer is more assured to work for nearly everyone whereas VMR7/9 can have multiple issues, not even regarding their quality problems. So just switch the video renderer in the MPC settings and take as many screenshots as you want.
Thanks. I just updated CCCP (and MPC). The last time I did this, last year, I figured it out for myself, but it took me God knows how long. Of course, I forgot everything -- both problem and solution -- but it all came back to me after reading your post.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 02:07   Link #158
Jumbo

printscreen

how to printscreen a video screen?
when i printscreen and paste it into paint
then when i close the video application
the printscreen i pasted turns black

even if i use other screen capturer programs
its the same
anyone know how to capture screen from video?? =/
Jumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 02:43   Link #159
NDebN

You can use Ifranview for that, with that you can make printscreens
NDebN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 03:04   Link #160
Jumbo

is my topic merged with others?

anyways, can u describe more details about that
wad delay is on?
wad is that programe and where i can get it?
i really get so headache since years ago about this problem
Jumbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
screenshot, wiki candidate