AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-12, 11:21   Link #101
Ice Man
eye of the sharingan

Send a message via AIM to Ice Man Send a message via Yahoo to Ice Man
eh was my ip banned? no im not at home. and besides, my hard-drive crashed...

anywayz nice gaara man!

if anyone can contact the administrator or give me his name so i can pm him plz...

cuz i cant acess this site at home but when i came here, it worked... i dunno
Old 2004-01-12, 11:26   Link #102
noZ
mr. dingdong

Send a message via ICQ to noZ
forums were down man..i had the same problem..thanks (about he garra drawing)
*edit*
didnt see the other posts before... raxial you are totally right about the teams thing....so people now please choose your partner that you like working with the most/were most productive with and post your work and teams..please dont post anymore works unless they are your first in this competition....
Old 2004-01-12, 20:22   Link #103
Raxial
CG / Color

Send a message via AIM to Raxial
Two things:

I just realized how tough it was to do the sketching itself.... good job guys (the "drawers", if that's a word). Coloring is time consuming, but doesnt require imense skill (in my opinion, don't be offended it if seems hard to you). I have a new-found respect for you guys that sketch.

the second thing is this: if the date is still for the 15th, then not long to go people. finish up
Old 2004-01-13, 02:54   Link #104
Shinobu_Maehara
eternal Shinobu lover

Send a message via ICQ to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via AIM to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via MSN to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via Yahoo to Shinobu_Maehara
Coloring doesn't require any drawingskill, however it DOES require creativity, program knowledge and howto do certain CG's
Plus a lot of patience and a few good nerves

I also learned that not just everybody can learn drawing good, CGing is the same thing.

That's why we have the art collaboration project, to combine skills.
Old 2004-01-13, 04:46   Link #105
Marshall Banana

Send a message via ICQ to Marshall Banana
Erhm...i would say that both drawing and coloring both require immense skill.

I think both require a sence of 3D. So that you know how the shadows fall and how cloth and hand will bend. I mean coloring is not something just anyone can do. Most of it has to do with finding the right colors. Matching it up and creating color schemes that work with each others. For instance any little kid can color a painting but you will notice that some colors stand out more and others makes the drawing feel flat.
And so if the person coloring the drawing was a pro he would have matching colors that do not "pop out" or that makes the image feel flat. I would say that it is just as much skill in coloring as in drawing.

Old 2004-01-13, 10:02   Link #106
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxial
Two things:

I just realized how tough it was to do the sketching itself.... good job guys (the "drawers", if that's a word). Coloring is time consuming, but doesnt require imense skill (in my opinion, don't be offended it if seems hard to you). I have a new-found respect for you guys that sketch.

the second thing is this: if the date is still for the 15th, then not long to go people. finish up

It's unfortunate that you feel that way. Coloring isn't some mindless skill. It takes just as much as knowledge as it does to sketch and draw. As a colorist you must have a sense of color and how it all works together. Many of the characters that most of us have been drawing already have a set colors for so it is a little easier, otherwise do you know how long it takes to pick out the right colors that "fit." You can't just pick whatever you choose and then think that it's gonna be all right, because it's not. Not only that, but you have other things like shadows, highlights, and knowing where the light source is. For example, if you are a painter, then you have a better grasp at those concepts making them better colorists if they chose to do so.

Well anyways, I know it's a little late, but I did work on a piece with Love Witch. I don't know where she/he is right now since I haven't heard from her/him lately. We did a piece dedicated to Kimi Ga Nozomu Ein. I'll put up the original piece and the colored piece that. Just to note, she did the drawing and I did the computer coloring.

Original:

Computer Colored:
Old 2004-01-13, 10:09   Link #107
Raxial
CG / Color

Send a message via AIM to Raxial
not bad, although im on a crappy computer at home and it's only displaying between 16 and 256 colors.

and again, about the coloring. I color too and I was just saying. Im well aware of the time (days) and effort put into coloring a picture. It just that, for me, sketching is a bit more difficult. That's all.
Old 2004-01-13, 12:49   Link #108
Shinobu_Maehara
eternal Shinobu lover

Send a message via ICQ to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via AIM to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via MSN to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via Yahoo to Shinobu_Maehara
The coloring is nicely done, real smooth. though the perspective characteristics are wrong. The buildings on the background are placed the wrong angle.

And the left eye of the girl is moved too much to the outline. (from her point of view)

Further it's a good drawing, I'm printing it now to add to the "contest map"
Old 2004-01-13, 12:58   Link #109
Love Witch
Trying to think...

I'm sorry, but I didn't visit the forum for a while!

The inking kinda ruined the picture, oh well. It wasn't that great before either. I was practicing on drawing 3D, but I got a bit tired and sloppy. I'll try harder next time and improve my skills

BTW: I'm a she
Old 2004-01-13, 17:40   Link #110
noZ
mr. dingdong

final entry time guys!
nice collab juri+love witch...
smooth colors....and indeed the buildings are at a wrong angle..other than that its fine
Old 2004-01-13, 20:30   Link #111
Mundain
They call me stew

Send a message via AIM to Mundain
I dunno where my partner went, but can I like, color someones? anyone got one they havent gotten colored?
Old 2004-01-14, 15:05   Link #112
noZ
mr. dingdong

guys!!!! last day for projects to be handed in!!!
after 12 pm 1/15/04 it is closed!
sorry to bitch but finally we organise a nomal competition...you know..kinda important
Old 2004-01-14, 16:35   Link #113
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
my entry's back on page 2, i was gonna put in a background but i found i'm not that good at drawing huge jagged shards of ice.... so i didn't.

but i'll put it here, too.

Old 2004-01-14, 17:05   Link #114
Mundain
They call me stew

im just gonna draw and color my own then.. lol
Old 2004-01-14, 18:55   Link #115
noZ
mr. dingdong

mundain...i dont have a partner either..wanna team up? i alredy have a sketch (gaara)...cg it if you want..or il'll cg smething of yours
Old 2004-01-15, 00:02   Link #116
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Hey, since you guys are doing colaborative artwork like this, can someone take my "Monk" charecter, the base figure I use for my little comic strip series, and maybe come up with a better looking version of him? I can't draw very good and so I created him in Photoshop. So he's kinda 'stick figurish' for the most part.

(Oh, and don't pay no attention to what he's thinking. He's just mad I'm making him pose for the web. j/k)

Old 2004-01-15, 15:44   Link #117
Love Witch
Trying to think...

Oh I forgot to ask, could some one tell me what angle would be better for the buildings? Like to learn
Old 2004-01-15, 22:24   Link #118
Mundain
They call me stew

I colored trigunners pic, cause he said I could lol.

Yea, I know I didnt get rid of some stuff that went out of the lines, to lazy right now, I would do it tomarrow, but today is the last day. Also, I didnt recolor the black clothes, cause well, same reason.
Old 2004-01-16, 01:22   Link #119
PeppstaR
AG Art Studios

Send a message via AIM to PeppstaR Send a message via Yahoo to PeppstaR
So today is the deadline right? So how's the judging gonna work?
Old 2004-01-16, 07:37   Link #120
noZ
mr. dingdong

ok..im creating a new thread (mods dont delete plz)
and there you will ONLY POST THE FINISHED WORKS.
post like this:

title__________
Collaborators (artists)______________
and then the image.

after that...judging will commence (i will pick 3 people to judge). and also members may vote AFTER ALL WORKS HAVE BEEN POSTED. anybody that has participated in the contest cannot vote for his own work (of course). each person entitled to one vote only.

No more posts in this thread after this one please...thank you all for participating...was fun

I've added a link to the other thread and closed this one so no one can post ~ NightWish

Last edited by NightWish; 2004-01-16 at 08:01. Reason: Thread Closed
Closed Thread