AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-25, 20:38   Link #701
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Sorry I meant East, I keep getting them mixed up xD

I was using the one on Chapter 134 page 6.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 21:09   Link #702
shalala

I'm saying Moganett would help Titus with his dying problem.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 23:37   Link #703
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Ch.164: Sad, really sad. Lately, it seems like Magi is full of tragedy and just Alladdin himself is not enough to save everybody. I expect that next chapter Titus will spill out everything to Mogamett so that he can have a chance to live with Marga ( Also for Marga's life ).

The chancellor will probably turn him into black Djinn and Al-sarmen will show up.

Also, this chapter kinda make fun of the fact that Alibaba has been absent for almost 20 chapters! Yes, 20 chapters. The King candidate of Amon has become the "mysterious Alibaba" and fan seem to have forgotten him as well
Old 2012-11-26, 00:52   Link #704
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
Also, this chapter kinda make fun of the fact that Alibaba has been absent for almost 20 chapters! Yes, 20 chapters. The King candidate of Amon has become the "mysterious Alibaba" and fan seem to have forgotten him as well
Not only Amon's candidate. He's also Aladdin's, as stated by Hugo in chapter 66:

"Look, as it is now your chosen king will perish."

This is what Hugo tells Aladdin in the Holy Palace while Alibaba fights the black djinn.

But yeah, 20 fucking chapters. Ohtaka should go back to him asap. Hogwarts is cool and all but I'm getting tired really.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-11-26 at 11:01.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 05:19   Link #705
Pacify

Forget alibaba, how long has it been since we really got any Mor

Dumblemort is one hell of a manipulative character, its clear from the start he planned to use the sick girl as leverage in converting Titus to the dark side. Totally read poor old Titus like a book, don't see that this is going to end well for Titus or Marga
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 06:54   Link #706
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Alibaba is much more of a main character than Mor is, though... as much as it irks me to say it.

Well, frankly, I'm okay with this. While I'd definitely like to see all stories playing out simultaneously, Ohtaka is one person and not four. I'd rather the story concentrates its focus and efforts into telling a single story properly. Weaving 3 different stories of 3 different perspectives can be daunting if you don't know how to manage your story flow well.

I'm just a wee bit concerned that the story may pull a "Now Let's Go Back In Time, To a Different Country, Different Story, and Different Character" story shift for Alibaba, Mor and Hakuryu...

That would be annoying... considering that most likely Mor would need it, since there's no way the Mor would be stuck in the underground for 6 months mulling 'to go or not to go.'

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 09:02   Link #707
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I'm just a wee bit concerned that the story may pull a "Now Let's Go Back In Time, To a Different Country, Different Story, and Different Character" story shift for Alibaba, Mor and Hakuryu...
Of course it is going to shift, this is the perfect place from the writers perspective, the instant right before shit hits the fan. I do home see more Mor, specially if there is some violence involved
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 10:19   Link #708
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

*Just as Luffy's fist is about to connect with Wapol's face, we cut back to a long, emotional flashback for weeks*
*Weeks and weeks pass and we finally get to see the fist connect*

Oh, sorry, I was having a deja vu reading the above.
Old 2012-11-26, 11:09   Link #709
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
*Just as Luffy's fist is about to connect with Wapol's face, we cut back to a long, emotional flashback for weeks*
*Weeks and weeks pass and we finally get to see the fist connect*

Oh, sorry, I was having a deja vu reading the above.
I love you so much right now.
Old 2012-11-26, 17:56   Link #710
marvelB

Yeah, I love how Oda handled that flashback. Begins and ends right as Wapol gets socked in the face. It just made it all the more satisfying after getting Chopper's story.

But going back on topic, I also made a similar complaint about the lack of Mor a few pages back. I mean, I also get that she's not as "important" as the other three guys, but considering that she was one of Aladdin's earliest companions (second after Alibaba and an official member of the gang several chapters before Hakuryuu came along), I think she deserves SOME time in the spotlight. I especially want to see how many more crazy new techniques she can come up with for her vessel....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 18:38   Link #711
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

If I were to rank the four of them in term of importance...Mor would just be slightly under Alibaba and way above Hakuryuu...but that's just me.
Old 2012-11-26, 18:42   Link #712
Lummie

Quote:
Sphintus: Shut up! Ah, that's right... Just try and complain about it, and I will force myself into your family!

Once i've finished attending lessons here... Just wait for me for a year or two!

Titus: *Smile*
Quote:
Marga: Will you wait for me until I grow up?

You know... I'm not dying thanks to you. But right now... there's nothing I can do for you in return, so...

I will wash the dishes! Do the laundry! But one day, when I grow up...

I want to return all the favours you did for me!! So stay together with me, for the next 5, 10 years... Until I grow up...

Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 18:43   Link #713
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
If I were to rank the four of them in term of importance...Mor would just be slightly under Alibaba and way above Hakuryuu...but that's just me.
No I agree, Alibaba and Aladdin are the stars, Mor is the companion / heroine of the trio. Hakuryuu is just that guy who could have joined the group but went his own way instead. He's still important in that he's probably the main character when it comes to the Kou Empire stuff but he's spurned his chance to be a member of the main gang.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 18:50   Link #714
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Not just you. I personally don't even see Hakuryuu as a main character. His time as "main character" was meant to build his motivations and empathy from the reader, but now he's shown for what he really is: an antagonist. A friend turned antagonist, but an antagonist nonetheless. That's his role.

The main characters have always been our three heroes: Aladdin, Alibaba and Morgiana.
Old 2012-11-27, 00:44   Link #715
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Proposal Everywhere
I hate to admit it but I think those are death flags in disguise. I would take up the loli's proposal any time, right now.
Old 2012-11-27, 00:49   Link #716
Key Board
Carbon

I like where this story is going

DRAMA
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 02:49   Link #717
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
I hate to admit it but I think those are death flags in disguise. I would take up the loli's proposal any time, right now.
Marga is just a little child so I think she's will be safe. And I mean she's safe from getting killed ( not from dying by her sickness ). Well, at least I will have the chance to add the "Anyone can die" trope to Magi's Tvtropes page ^^.
Old 2012-11-27, 05:03   Link #718
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

http://www.project-magi.com/dvd/sample/index.html
This looks awesome! I'm really looking forward this!
Old 2012-11-27, 07:23   Link #719
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
http://www.project-magi.com/dvd/sample/index.html
This looks awesome! I'm really looking forward this!
Ahh, that image! Alibaba really need to get some of Sindbad's swag. The guys has been fighting giant monsters and getting hot chicks since when he's just a teenager!
Old 2012-11-27, 19:24   Link #720
shalala

He is getting there. His harem is growing. So far he has his best budding friend Aladdin and for all we know Toto may end up joining his harem soo 3 (Mor, Kougyoku Ren and Toto) is good starting point.

I going to assume like a few people have also said that he may well be curse his own fate thus making his Rukh black orrr someone from Al Sarmen like that teacher who teaches rukh’s properties and alteration as I don't see Moragnett working with Al Sarmen but I would assume he knows that they are in his school but shows a blind eye to them given that they have useful knowledge on magic would trick Titus and pump his body with black Rukh and making him a dark djinn who is also good with magic. For all we know Marga would also be used in this experiment and could well be forced fused with Titus. But seeing how light rukh can change into black rukh I would assume that the same could be down to black turning into light which Aladdin could learn while taking rukh’s properties and alteration classes. Soo he may well find a way to help Titus and save his life. Also seeing how he is a Magi subordinate would that mean he would also get Magoi from the rukh around him? Because if soo then Aladdin would end up teaching him how to alter Rukh so he also to prolong his own life. I wonder if Titus would end up like Sinbad as he also also able to use black and white Rukh? As him and Aladdin did say they would teach each other what they learned in their classes. Also Moragnett could have a play in helping Titus prolong his life seeing how I read he runs to him for help so he would well do something that could be used as a safe switch if he where to turn into a dark djinn seeing how he cares deeply for magicians and so far I think all dark djinn have died after turning into a djinn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
Marga is just a little child so I think she's will be safe. And I mean she's safe from getting killed ( not from dying by her sickness ). Well, at least I will have the chance to add the "Anyone can die" trope to Magi's Tvtropes page ^^.
What if she gets used to make Titus curse his fate and turned into a dark Djinn? For all we know Al Sarmen could fuse her and Titus to make a dark Djinn.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-11-29 at 09:25.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen