AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 216 59.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 84 23.01%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 7.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 4.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 0.82%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 2.47%
Voters: 365. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-13, 04:10   Link #101
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Woah, this epi sounds really nasty. Lulu and Suzaku seem to be taking it far.
I won't say if i agree with their methods, but it's a war, and it's been said that everything applies in one. So i won't be surprised with their actions.
Though poor Kallen. :/
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 04:11   Link #102
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a View Post
Maybe taking her back to a time where she is happy when they successfully evaded Britannia with a million Zeros where they were settling on that island
But then Zero would be everyone, its not like refrained people are logical. He'd ask her who Zero was and she's say the dog.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 04:12   Link #103
LunaticChaos
Chaotic Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
For starter's Lelouch wanted control of the cult. This whole thing was vengeance.

Hmmm murdering children and women who had nothing to do with his girlfriend's death.....

Interrogating someone for information.....

Oh yeah interrogating someone for information is so much more worse than killing little kids and women.
Originally that may have been the plan, but plans change. The Cult is dangerous, and brainwashed women and children with Geass are still psycho brainwashed people with exceptionally dangerous weapons that are not to be trusted and most importantly to be treated like rabid dogs.

Interrogation is one thing, drugging someone up and ignoring natural rights is another. Suzaku supposedly thinks that sort of stuff is important given his whole "Change Britannia from the inside" shtick.

The phrase "There are things worse than death" comes to mind here.
LunaticChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 04:12   Link #104
Daniani

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a View Post
Suzaku = hypocrite

I don't know maybe experimenting on children isn't considered evil for you but in my book it is
Messing Rollo's life up by making him a killer
Depends on your point of view Bartley saw that their so called 'good plan' is going to end up with destroying everything so ....
Don't forget that Lelouch is human he isn't a machine and I don't think he's reached Schneizel's coldness yet.
So, instead of taking them as prisoner of war, it's a good thing to kill children, women?

If Kallen had been killed instead of being taken as prisoner, it would have been a good thing, then? Double standart, really
Daniani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 04:14   Link #105
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticChaos View Post
Originally that may have been the plan, but plans change. The Cult is dangerous, and brainwashed women and children with Geass are still psycho brainwashed people with exceptionally dangerous weapons that are not to be trusted and most importantly to be treated like rabid dogs.
The plan changed because his girlfriend got killed by a maniac dog. Not because of the whole dangerous thing.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 04:15   Link #106
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniani View Post
So, instead of taking them as prisoner of war, it's a good thing to kill children, women?

Could he even contain them as prisoners? As Geass users, who knows what they can/will do once they're captured.

Quote:
If Kallen had been killed instead of being taken as prisoner, it would have been a good thing, then?
Maybe... >.>
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 04:15   Link #107
LunaticChaos
Chaotic Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
The plan changed because his girlfriend got killed by a maniac dog. Not because of the whole dangerous thing.
Granted.
I wholly suspect the plan would have changed pretty quickly regardless, the difference here is that Lelouch went in with the right plan.
Old 2008-07-13, 04:17   Link #108
inconstant_heart
obsessive 'shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
But then Zero would be everyone, its not like refrained people are logical. He'd ask her who Zero was and she's say the dog.
LOL!

Refrain puts you in your happiest memories. She was pretty happy during that scene in Turn 9, when she and Lelouch had their little talk (probably happier than we've seen her before) so maybe in her Refrain-induced state, she repeats that conversation? ("Tell me, Lelouch, why did you come back?")
inconstant_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 04:17   Link #109
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:

If Kallen had been killed instead of being taken as prisoner, it would have been a good thing, then? Double standart, really
I don't think that even if you came in nicely that they would just raise their hands and follow like a good prisoner.. Cornellia's mentions made in an earlier episode already proved that the geass cult followers would kill stranger in sight that is why she was so dagger throwing moody when she heard a sound behind her
they wouldn't give up if you just point a gun at them or try to reason they would just use geass and kill the intruder

I agree both are doing a bad thing.. with Lelouch's methods I can't really think of another way to get to VV, he would just be killed or it would be too risky.. he couldve send CC in but I'm sure as hell that she doesn't want to be down there out of her KMF and tlaking to her former minions
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 04:19   Link #110
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I believe he's talking about us, the viewers (or more specifically Lelouch's fans), turning a blind eye to the massacre, and justifying Lelouch's actions.

Me, I find both sides wrong. Give me a good reason why Lelouch is justified in massacreing all of them, and give me a good reason why Suzaku is justified in lying to Kallen about Shirley's death and using drugs on her. Having just lost Shirely is no excuse for a massacre, and having lost Euphemia is no excuse for lying to and drugging your friends. They're both in the wrong here.

It's wrong enough to do an "Eye for an Eye" killing in our law system; murdering almost completely unrelated people because you're mad the fake little brother you invited in to your house so you could use him killed your girlfriend is no excuse for killing unrelated people. Having your girlfriend "mind-warped" and killed by your friend is no excuse for turning on your other friends. Period. They're both in the wrong.
Hmm I'm not justifying Lelouch's actions but it's understandable why he did such a thing like what Suzaku did when he wanted to kill Zero but ended up selling him out which was more unforgivable .Lelouch is more thorough when he enacts revenge he wiped out the Cult completely except for V.V but Suzaku choose not to take revenge but take advantage of it to gain a higher status which is despicable of course people are going to tell me that if Suzaku killed Lelouch there would be no R2 but I mean the least he could do was beat Lelouch to a pulp maybe not just tie him and bring him in front of the Emperor for a nice reward.
Lelouch doesn't see Shirley as a 'girlfriend' but a 'girl friend' that's all he really appreciates her and has tried many times to avoid entangling her in his plans.
Killing 'unrelated' people because of what happened to Shirley is related to the fact they work on Geass and that was enough for Lelouch.
Rollo isn't Lelouch's friend merely a tool he's using that's all.
Old 2008-07-13, 04:19   Link #111
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Let's face it; both of our guys here, Lelouch and Suzaku, are going nuts on people because they're mad their respective girlfriends got whacked. It has nothing to do with whether they think of themselves as right or wrong, or trying to help the greater good; at this point, that's just self-justification that they're both spouting to try and make themselves look better. Admitting you yourself are being evil to stop a greater evil doesn't make your actions justified or any more right, and neither does being a hypocrite by saying your trying to change the system from within. They're both just going emo-punk now. Lelouch is mad Shirely is dead, and Suzaku is mad Euhpy is dead. It has nothing to do with doing the right thing or working for the greater good or any of that.

Lelouch doesn't care whether the people that he's killing here are innocent or not, they're part of the Geass Cult that he blames for Shirely's death, and that's that. It doesn't matter that Suzaku's being a hypocrite, he just wants to get back at the guy who killed Euphy, and that's that.

They're just. Both. WRONG. To them, it's "Screw whether I'm right or not." They want to hurt something for revenge. So they're hurting something. It's as simple as that.
Old 2008-07-13, 04:20   Link #112
Daniani

[QUOTE=Chaos2Frozen;1724659]Could he even contain them as prisoners? As Geass users, who knows what they can/will do once they're captured.

Maybe... >.> [/QUOTE
Come on, they aren't all geass users. There are also many scientists and other people. He killed EVERYONE. And Rolo knew who has geass and who hasn't.
Old 2008-07-13, 04:20   Link #113
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by inconstant_heart View Post
Refrain puts you in your happiest memories. She was pretty happy during that scene in Turn 9, when she and Lelouch had their little talk (probably happier than we've seen her before) so maybe in her Refrain-induced state, she repeats that conversation? ("Tell me, Lelouch, why did you come back?")
Well, maybe. Though she also has plenty other happy memories. Maybe she'll just speak of events from her childhood instead of more revent events, to Suzaku's dismay...

Anyway, I don't think his cover will be dropped just yet. Still too early for that as I see it.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 04:20   Link #114
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
I don't think that even if you came in nicely that they would just raise their hands and follow like a good prisoner.. Cornellia's mentions made in an earlier episode already proved that the geass cult followers would kill stranger in sight that is why she was so dagger throwing moody when she heard a sound behind her
they wouldn't give up if you just point a gun at them or try to reason they would just use geass and kill the intruder
What you expected members of a secret group to accept strangers with open arms and lay down their weapons?

This isn't the salvation army.

Quote:
Lelouch is more thorough when he enacts revenge he wiped out the Cult completely except for V.V but Suzaku choose not to take revenge but take advantage of it to gain a higher status which is despicable of course people are going to tell me that if Suzaku killed Lelouch there would be no R2 but I mean the least he could do was beat Lelouch to a pulp maybe not just tie him and bring him in front of the Emperor for a nice reward.
Lelouch betrayed Suzaku.

Suzaku betrayed Lelouch.

Simple as that. Lelouch destroyed everything that Suzaku worked for so he needed something to get back up.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 04:21   Link #115
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Come on, they aren't all geass users. There are also many scientists and other people. He killed EVERYONE. And Rolo knew who has geass and who hasn't.
and how would you figure out whose a geass user and who is not

I'm sure Rollo doesn't know everything in there, VV probably would but he won't tell he'd just murder lol
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 04:22   Link #116
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:

Did you not hear Cornelia last episode?

Cornelia quote from 13: "Don't let your guard down even if you are dealing with a child, you don't know what kind of geass they would use"

This episode even showed us what happens when you do that, a black knight soldier was put under a geass by a child and was forced to attack his comrade.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 04:22   Link #117
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

He could have done this a lot more smoothly, but he certainly would have had much more trouble in doing so. Geass is unpredictable, so it would have been difficult to minimize civilian casualties when all in his path could potentially pull some weird Geass out of nowhere.
Old 2008-07-13, 04:23   Link #118
LunaticChaos
Chaotic Lunatic

Quote:
Don't know bout you, but I wouldn't stop to ask who had Geass and who didn't when each and everyone of them could potentially have a power that would mean instant death to me. Let alone telling my army that there is a supernatural power out there that I also have.
I'd shoot first and ask questions later.
Old 2008-07-13, 04:24   Link #119
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
They're just. Both. WRONG. To them, it's "Screw whether we're right or not." They want to hurt something for revenge. So they're hurting something. It's as simple as that.
I concur. Both are wrong now.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 04:25   Link #120
Daniani

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
and how would you figure out whose a geass user and who is not

I'm sure Rollo doesn't know everything in there, VV probably would but he won't tell he'd just murder lol
Rolo seems to know a lot about the Cult. I think he knows the type of people who are used in experiments to be geass user. Evben so... did Lelouch asked him? No, Lelouch did go right there to kill everyone.

Quote:
Don't know bout you, but I wouldn't stop to ask who had Geass and who didn't when each and everyone of them could potentially have a power that would mean instant death to me. Let alone telling my army that there is a supernatural power out there that I also have.
I'd shoot first and ask questions later.
Quote:
Did you not hear Cornelia last episode?

Cornelia quote from 13: "Don't let your guard down even if you are dealing with a child, you don't know what kind of geass they would use"

This episode even showed us what happens when you do that, a black knight soldier was put under a geass by a child and was forced to attack his comrade.
Even so, it isn't the first evil move by Lelouch. Why people tend to forget it?

By your logic, it would have been a good thing if they had killed kallen right here right now.