AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-07-06, 00:25   Link #3621
The Green One

An interesting tidbit has surfaced, apparently Usuzan's Captain is significantly stronger then the rest of the team, even the supposedly strong vice captain, and is referred to as a very high level ace. That might prove to be interesting.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 09:25   Link #3622
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

just wondering! Is Nodoka ability a little similar with ZONE? Unlike Ryuka that heightening her sense but her concentration. Coz, sometimes I also get that feeling at the last minute in the exam.
Old 2013-07-06, 09:58   Link #3623
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ura-dora View Post
Looks like Yuuki's play style wasn't to win this vanguard match but instead prepare her to take down the champion.
"Take down" is too strong a phrase.

I'll use "survive" instead.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 12:44   Link #3624
Ura-dora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
"Take down" is too strong a phrase.

I'll use "survive" instead.
If Kuro is keeping all the dora tiles, it takes Teru a much longer time to get high scoring wins. Yuuki's new play style favors speed which gives her the advantage.
Ura-dora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 14:55   Link #3625
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
If Kuro is keeping all the dora tiles, it takes Teru a much longer time to get high scoring wins. Yuuki's new play style favors speed which gives her the advantage.
Now it's a matter of whether Teru's mirror can see and counter that speed. At the very least, the east boost shouldn't be a surprise, but if the way to use it is unique enough...

This might just work out. Might.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 15:21   Link #3626
The Green One

Hisa is trying to prepare Yuuki to take on Teru on a more even footing rather then just being ground into a bloody paste under her heel. If Rinkai does advance then Satoha will probably work with Yuuki to try to take Teru out.
Old 2013-07-06, 16:21   Link #3627
Ura-dora

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Hisa is trying to prepare Yuuki to take on Teru on a more even footing rather then just being ground into a bloody paste under her heel. If Rinkai does advance then Satoha will probably work with Yuuki to try to take Teru out.
I highly doubt Rinkai will advance though. Apart from captain matches Ritz tends to not put multiple strong opponents against each other. Eisui not advancing to the semifinals was most likely because a stronger Jindai would have to go against Satoha. Ritz is probably saving these battles for the individuals.
Old 2013-07-07, 05:53   Link #3628
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Have to say, I loved Yuuki's response to Hisa. That trust~ So great.

Also, apparently Ikeda's ability is to obtain yakuman when in danger (i.e. low points). This... explains a lot more about Ikeda's performance in the prefectural team finals.
Old 2013-07-07, 16:08   Link #3629
King-Slayer

Chapters out. The rest of Usuzan looks awesome and I think they have the best designs of any team we've seen thus far. Can't wait to see the VC and Cap in action if they're as good as advertised. And as Tjalorak said, I love the trust between Hisa and Yuuki.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 16:18   Link #3630
Requiem-x
The slacking one

So, chapter 114 is "officially" out, I guess, and boy, oh boy.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
Chapters out. The rest of Usuzan looks awesome and I think they have the best designs of any team we've seen thus far.
I don't know, man, they're cute, but nothing fantastic either. Both Senriyama and Ryuumonbuchi easily beat them in terms of both uniqueness and overall coolness.
Old 2013-07-07, 16:35   Link #3631
Ura-dora

Did anyone else notice that Yukiko's outfit for the captain match in the semifinals is the same as the preview for the individuals.

Spoiler for Spoilers:

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Old 2013-07-07, 16:54   Link #3632
Sol Falling

Hisa is too fuckin' boss. Alright, I'll swallow Yuuki's performance this time but I'll be expecting something epic in the finals.

Seems like Usuzan's idol chick is actually gonna be the captain (probably). That's great, I'm really looking forward to it. The propping up of Yuuki with potentially a legitimate chance at standing up to Teru means that Satoha is less of an absolute necessity for the final's Vanguard battle...so I agree that Rinkai's advancement is less certain now. While I'm already pretty hyped for Yukiko, though, the idea that Usuzan advancing would mean less impressive matches for all the pre-captain matches still has me ultimately leaning towards Rinkai.

Anyway, the jokes/targetting about Hayari being an 28 yr-old 'idol' mahjong player are still freakin' priceless. Will be interesting (lol) to see where that goes.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 16:59   Link #3633
Requiem-x
The slacking one

It goes to her "thinning out" the competition.

No, really. We've entered psycho territory.

And I guess Maya will be the captain. Can Saki beat the power of IDOL? Truly her greatest foe, and I'm not even kidding.
Old 2013-07-07, 17:26   Link #3634
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post

I don't know, man, they're cute, but nothing fantastic either. Both Senriyama and Ryuumonbuchi easily beat them in terms of both uniqueness and overall coolness.
We're going to have to disagree here . The designs plus the uniforms just make me gush.

Quote:
Did anyone else notice that Yukiko's outfit for the captain match in the semifinals is the same as the preview for the individuals.

Spoiler for Spoilers:

Spoiler for Spoilers:
that's a pretty nice find
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 17:56   Link #3635
The Green One

We'll just have to see if a sufficently monster level captain from Usuzan is enough to force Saki to go all out and drop all her usual psychological blocks that are holding her back. Or.....if she'll get utterly destroyed and only scrape by the desperate skin of her teeth.
Old 2013-07-07, 19:01   Link #3636
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
And on an incidental note, we got Yoshiko/Spook and Hayarin together in a panel! Looks like some Pixiv artists will be very happy (as this particular ship was one of the most out there ever).
Old 2013-07-07, 19:08   Link #3637
John Smith

I'm starting to wonder how Nodoka ever won the middle school championship. Nodoka's not even ace level and Awai and Yukiko are monster class players.

Then again Saki and Koromo never played in middle school so maybe these types only show up during high school. Nodoka doesn't seem to have experienced anything quite like playing against Saki or Hatsumi during middle school.

This chapter seems to suggest that last year's 6th ranked Mekaru wasn't the strongest player on her team. And Toyone still didn't need to use any of her abilities (but I guess by that point the match was basically over).
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 20:04   Link #3638
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith View Post
I'm starting to wonder how Nodoka ever won the middle school championship. Nodoka's not even ace level and Awai and Yukiko are monster class players.

Then again Saki and Koromo never played in middle school so maybe these types only show up during high school. Nodoka doesn't seem to have experienced anything quite like playing against Saki or Hatsumi during middle school.

This chapter seems to suggest that last year's 6th ranked Mekaru wasn't the strongest player on her team. And Toyone still didn't need to use any of her abilities (but I guess by that point the match was basically over).
There've been mentions that the rules for this year's interhigh have been tweaked to draw out/favour 'monsters'/players with supernatural luck or abilities. Presumably over longer matches/a larger number of games, Nodoka's very stable digital style would emerge as more dominant.

That and, I honestly expect for there to be more to Nodoka's abilities than simply play efficiency. Nodoka has been explicitly demonstrated to be able to cancel out abilities like Momo's stealth and Jun's flow disruption, so I think the reveal of some form of specific, formulated ability to subconsciously cancel other players abilities for her would be natural. For this reason I'm quite curious to see how the semi-finals Vice-Captain match will play out.

The truth is, with both Saki and Nodoka/Kiyosumi in general still having played only two major matches in the entire series so far, I doubt we have even actually finished the basic exposition of their abilities. It might be a stretch to assume we have a full grasp over their capabilities yet.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 21:09   Link #3639
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
There've been mentions that the rules for this year's interhigh have been tweaked to draw out/favour 'monsters'/players with supernatural luck or abilities. Presumably over longer matches/a larger number of games, Nodoka's very stable digital style would emerge as more dominant.

That and, I honestly expect for there to be more to Nodoka's abilities than simply play efficiency. Nodoka has been explicitly demonstrated to be able to cancel out abilities like Momo's stealth and Jun's flow disruption, so I think the reveal of some form of specific, formulated ability to subconsciously cancel other players abilities for her would be natural. For this reason I'm quite curious to see how the semi-finals Vice-Captain match will play out.

The truth is, with both Saki and Nodoka/Kiyosumi in general still having played only two major matches in the entire series so far, I doubt we have even actually finished the basic exposition of their abilities. It might be a stretch to assume we have a full grasp over their capabilities yet.
It's not that she actively cancels it out -- she just ignores the effects. It's when the effect relies on interacting with her where it fizzles and dies.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 23:06   Link #3640
The Green One

So can we call this chapter adequate foreshadowing to show that Hisa has a plan to take on Teru and is making sure Yuuki is fully prepared and trained to face the champion? Maybe now if Yuuki actually defeats Teru because of her extensive preparation, readers wont be so quick to cry foul as it ended up happening in Achiga.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri