AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > KonoMini

Notices

Old 2004-04-08, 02:44   Link #81
JediNight
キズランダム

I think there maybe a problem with the Aone version, I also experienced the choppiness. I checked the Video renderer speed and was getting ~17fps, anyone else run into this? And while the 140mb size doesn't look poor at all, there is some noticeable noise. I would say use 640x360 if sticking to the 140 size, otherwise bump up to 175 -- theres no point in skimping that much in an action series when you have a satellite raw.

Spoiler:
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 02:48   Link #82
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yujinbito
Heh. And what exactly would you say its genre is?

Besides uncharacteristically ambitious B-Anime.

No - seriously, though, what genre would you say it is??
I think it's stated in the promo trailer, that the official genre for this anime series is sci-fi romance
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 07:20   Link #83
dreamless

After watching the episode 1 from both Aone&Onigiri and A-E&Keep, I have to say I like Aone&Onigiri a bit better. The quality seems okay even with the smaller file size, but more importantly I like their translation more than A-E&Keep's. I think the translation is more precise and the wording is better in many places, so it's more comfortable to read for me. Just my two cents.

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-04-08 at 14:00.
Old 2004-04-08, 13:39   Link #84
dqp

AonE & Onigiri seems to have the upperhand on t/l and editing. The TSing was also very nice, AE/Keep's feels a bit cheap...
Video quality was about as good, and aone/onigiri pulled it off at a lower size.

Thumbs up.
dqp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 15:14   Link #85
VieT_TriAD

I personally think A-E&A-Keep's version had better TSing for both karoake and dialogue. Italic font and over use of effects in karaoke just isn't my thing.

As for encode size, 140 to 175 is not much of a difference. And I also noticed the choppiness in certain scenes as if frames were dropped, i honestly thought my computer was lagging for a second LOL, until other ppl reported the same problem.

I'm a big fan of all four groups. I have no doubt Aone/Onigiri did a good job, but A-E/Keep's konomini is better overall.

my 2 cents.
VieT_TriAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 15:42   Link #86
Kagari-chan
銀の律動のムジカ

Send a message via AIM to Kagari-chan Send a message via MSN to Kagari-chan
I know this is a biased statement, but I saw screen caps of Aone/Onigiri's dialogue font. IMO it was too thin, and the italic was a bit distracting. In Keep/A-E's version, we used a simple font... the simplist you can get lol. People mentioned that our Tsukihime font was a bit hard to read so we went with whats on the release for Konomini... a basic, easy to read font that leechers shouldn't complain about :P
Kagari-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 17:14   Link #87
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

A-E/Keep's font is a great choice.
I think they did a great job, hopfully raws for ep2 wont be too hard to find since the whole blocking thing on BS-i
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 19:13   Link #88
LinChoiSin

i'm used to never judge a show from the first episode but i still have some thoughts though.To me this show can be as good as the best of Gainax (eva) or as bad as the worst of Gainax(mahoromatic).I think that it will be a good show because the characters are interesting and the story looks very promising of course everything can be ruined with too much fan service, characters who become annoying and a corny story but i doubt it knowing it's from Gainax,besides even if i don't think that Mahoromatic is great it 's still a good anime so i'm optimistic.I'm also under the impression that just like in Mahoromatic fights will not be very important in this anime.
LinChoiSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 19:56   Link #89
Kagari-chan
銀の律動のムジカ

Send a message via AIM to Kagari-chan Send a message via MSN to Kagari-chan
About the blocking thing on BS-i. I think some Japanese cappers were able to get around it, because I have a raw already for episode 2 that is HDTV.
Kagari-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 20:57   Link #90
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Gainax...

I actually watched Mahoromatics long long long time ago. I thought it was disgustingly ecchi at scenes but other times it was actually funny, so what I did with that series was that I just skip all off the ecchi scenes and get to the funny part or the fight scenes.

As for Eva... it was unique, interesting and lots of people said it was their all time fav but when I did watch it, it was way too confusing to really impress me.

So far this new anime looks good, but well a lot of anime looks good in the first ep, it all depends on the rest.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 00:13   Link #91
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
I thought this anime was so-so... very little was new and creative compared to other animes.

Other new anime out there were more entertaining in their first eps, like Midori no Hibi. Plus there's continuing animes like FMA and Mahoujin Guru Guru. The only reason I'll give it another chance is because Gainax has made some very creative and good animes in the past, like EVA and Nadia and FLCL. I wouldn't be surprised if this anime turned out to be only better than average, like the recent Puchi Puri and (IMO) Mahoromatic.

-k
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 00:30   Link #92
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Honestly the Ending theme song RULES over the opening song. LOL

I think the design is very nice.
Not too much fanservice so that is GREAT
Pretty good story I mean it was episode 1 (KGNE was good at episode 2 and declined.. it did not get better)
Nice animation flow

The nude scene isn't anything out of the ordinary. It is more open in the japanese culture so it is nothing to be so surprised about.

I think that Takeru's other form is SO ugly man not cool. But maybe he will look cooler LOL.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 01:50   Link #93
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
Honestly the Ending theme song RULES over the opening song. LOL

I think the design is very nice.
Not too much fanservice so that is GREAT
Pretty good story I mean it was episode 1 (KGNE was good at episode 2 and declined.. it did not get better)
Nice animation flow

The nude scene isn't anything out of the ordinary. It is more open in the japanese culture so it is nothing to be so surprised about.

I think that Takeru's other form is SO ugly man not cool. But maybe he will look cooler LOL.
I liked both the OP and the ED -- the instrumental was a nice touch for the OP. Character designs are nice, and yes not much fanservice which is a rarity these days isnt it sadly. And I agree that Takeru's transformed self is rather lame looking, oh well I don't think the series dwells on that at least
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 04:12   Link #94
MrBrown

Well, ep2 aired. Not subbed atm, I think. More of the same, but the plot seems to be going forward in ep3 as well. So at least it won't turn into a filler show, yet.

Spoiler for ep2; small ones, but still:

I haven't found the "point" of this show yet. It sure seems to be trying to say something. I'll keep following, for now.
MrBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 05:31   Link #95
walter clamans
I have a cunning plan

Ah, a new series ! As a first time 'poster' I'm quite impressed of the hasty conlusions drawn from this 1st episode, leading into classic discussions about EVA being ecchi and stuff... Seems I'm not the only one (ahum) studying.

Based on this one ep, I think this one probably has the greatest potential of the newcomers. It leaves you with many questions unanswered.

Now,I hope they don't start wrapping hideous filler episodes around the solution of each tiny question, in order to stretch it widely and to keep us busy.
Cause I've had enough of those... Especially those with the oh-crap-we're-out-of-time! endings.

Hmm, I won't spill my guts before the fifth episode...

Then there is Gainax, those poor fellows, having to deal with nothing but high expectations since EVA... I liked FLCL (furikuri) a lot cause of it's originality (ok, it was weird, absurd,... but at least not ready to swallow like so many others).

So... let's all join hands and hope for the best.
walter clamans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 08:49   Link #96
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter clamans
Then there is Gainax, those poor fellows, having to deal with nothing but high expectations since EVA... I liked FLCL (furikuri) a lot cause of it's originality (ok, it was weird, absurd,... but at least not ready to swallow like so many others).
Actually i don't expect too much from Gainax at all because as i said earlier their shows are usually quite good but towards the end they tend to lack in creativity or they are too creative, so that the end is screwed up completely^^

As a sidenote i didn't really like EVA too much, there were just too many factors that ruined the show for me (Shinji, the hype it caused among fans or fanboys/girls in general, a whole lot of open questions in the tv-show among others) but then again the movies were really good and i like the fact that they were obviously created as a "slap-in-the-face" for fanboys/girls. Really, it's seldom to see so much destructive power in one single movie.

Another example would be Mahoromatic. While i liked the show in general (especially the first season) i have to say that the second season features the WORST ending in anime history. It was just so out of character,rushed,listless,senseless and dumb that even nowadays i feel insulted by it.

Now for FLCL i have to say, that this was one of the most creative and unorthodox shows for a long time, but the thing is that that the first three episodes were a whole lot better than the last three..i don't know, they just lacked a certain something the other episodes had..it's just a personal feeling

That's why i won't place any expectations into Gainax, but instead i will observe their shows with an open mind and hope for the best
SimplyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 09:14   Link #97
dreamless

I laways think FLCL and Abenobashi Mahou Shotengai are the top anime series from GAINAX, while EVA is just... good enough, but nowhere near the greatness of FLCL and AMS

Well, I also think Gunbuster and Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water were quite great if we talk about their past works...

Anyway I love most of GAINAX's works, and have high expectations of them, but it's definitely not because of EVA.
Old 2004-04-09, 10:30   Link #98
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I laways think FLCL and Abenobashi Mahou Shotengai are the top anime series from GAINAX, while EVA is just... good enough, but nowhere near the greatness of FLCL and AMS

Well, I also think Gunbuster and Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water were quite great if we talk about their past works...

Anyway I love most of GAINAX's works, and have high expectations of them, but it's definitely not because of EVA.
Sure Karekano's ending may not have been done very well, but wasn't it one of Gainax's best? I mean, if you want more you can always check out the manga (the story's too long to contain in 26 episodes anyway). I'd include Karekano up there w/ FLCL and AMS
Gold_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 10:26   Link #99
dreamless

lol, the second episode is sooo funny and... well, EVA-ish...

Spoiler for episode 2:
Old 2004-04-10, 15:39   Link #100
lobotomoy

Worst anime to ever rip off a scene from Utena. Even the excessive fanservice was boring.
lobotomoy is offline   Reply With Quote