AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-10-04, 05:21   Link #2181
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
To be honest, that scene is something that I just made up. If they were going to IS Academy, it would be a lot further into Project Silverback. And you'll find out why they're at IS Academy as the story goes on. But that's if things go right for Alpha Squad.
Can't really think of a reason for a non-IS pilot guy to be waltzing around the Academy.

Sounds pretty interesting as to how you're gonna work it out.
Old 2011-10-04, 05:28   Link #2182
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Thing is, the main basis of my fic is that the LN should be unchanged--the whole point of <Ren> existing is that she literally "protects Ichika from the Shadows"--tackling things that IS can't handle. There's even a segment I have describing what <Ren> was doing during the <Silverio Gospel> incident, but I just don't know where to place it.

It's not the first time I've written a story that deals with behind-the scenes action, I just am a stickler for it when I do--basically creating a 'secret history' part of the story that the main characters have no knowledge of. For all you know, I could be writing about a UFO alien invasion and then struggle hard to make it fit within the IS universe without makingit affect the main story (yes, I've been tempted, and it's possible--just unwieldy)
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 05:29   Link #2183
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Can't really think of a reason for a non-IS pilot guy to be waltzing around the Academy.

Sounds pretty interesting as to how you're gonna work it out.
Not that odd really They can be there as engineers, observers, diplomats etc etc I'm planning to do this as well.

Though I do think it seems odd that mercenaries/soldiers are entering IS academy, the only job I can think of is security and the IS units on campus kinda make that moot

@ Wavehawk- That just made things about 10x more complicated There really isn't much you can do with the backstory since they pretty much explain what happens and you really can't explain away why <Ren> would not have been there to
Spoiler:

In the canon version it was Laura who stopped it from happening but I can't imagine <Ren> being careless enough to let it happen without trying to stop it.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 05:32   Link #2184
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I don't think engineers would work out. They'd make it strictly female only. An outside observer yes, but not a student or even a regular faculty member.
Old 2011-10-04, 05:43   Link #2185
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
I don't think engineers would work out. They'd make it strictly female only. An outside observer yes, but not a student or even a regular faculty member.
I'm writing an IS story with AU elements of the story so it's not really a stretch to add engineers. The class 1-2 I'm using that's borrowed from these forums has class 1-2 having a male teacher so I can't discount the possibility of other careers.

Besides, It's mentioned that almost all males do the grunt/blue collar work and engineering and fixing IS units sounds perfect for it, they'll be closely guarded anyway just so they don't try to get any funny ideas
Old 2011-10-04, 05:45   Link #2186
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
This. basically

I would like to have my OC head to the Academy though I think I'll save that for a sequel fic, if I'm going to work on one :3

Also Chapter 3 is done, though I'm gonna wait until my buddy beta-reads it and give the green light.
Old 2011-10-04, 05:45   Link #2187
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I have this feeling that this is really Canon.
Its a crack theory...

But given the Rika Furude Syndrome associated with Tabane's voice, and that Tabane stammered unsteadily, and sounded like she had to tune herself briefly to sound like how she sounded like the rest of the series when Houki first called her, it is possible that the bubbly Tabane everyone loathes is actually a cover for the real Serious Rika Tabane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@MeisterBabylon- It's more of a case of Irish attacking her rather than the other way around. Most likely I'll have him be tricked by someone into thinking she read his mind and is planning to spread his secret so he rashly chooses to attack her. He is a former terrorist so he exhibits symptoms of paranoia and agression. She's not attacking Kyuukai, just a paranoid Irish. I'd Imagine Karon would use the suit and non-lethally try to take down Irish. By the way, Chaff grenades explode on contact so they can't be thrown back
Yes, she'd activate the suit and defend herself, but once she knows that Irish is just paranoid, she'd deactivate and stand before him without the suit, choosing to trust in friendship to prove her innocence rather like using violence.

Not wise I know. If you want realistic grim tones its in Veronique's perspective, not Karon.

Quote:
I also planned to use Tabane as the main antagonist in the early draft, I can't now because I've already included Kyuukai Tokiwa as a main protagonist and having his mother figure turn into the big bad will look like a really dick move. I do plan to have Irish and him butt heads on this since he hates Tabane for building the Infinite Stratos while Kyuukai defends her by saying she was trying to help the world get better and is trying to make up for it. Basically it's an Idealism (Kyuukai) Vs Cynicism (Irish) arguement. Just because they're the three protags doesn't mean they have to be buddies.
But grimdark is all about dick moves!

Jokes aside, Tabane's role in messing the status quo up is a very real possibility, given the canon anime ending, and the above example I've quoted for Zero. But at the same time, I want to emphasize that Tabane is doing what she's doing ultimately is for the good of Mankind. Just that in the meantime, sacrifices must be made. And for that, she is willing to atone for it with her life once the curtain is drawn.

Like Lelouch, in a sense.

(and so she sleeps in stasis on the Moon for 2 hundred years-- *static*)

Quote:
*Reading Infinite Stratos wiki about IS academy* "IS academy has a very high security system due to the fact that every potential pilot is valuable, it's therefore very hard to enter and is equipped to defend itself from outside attack. *Remembers the two golem attacks, the attack during cannonball fast, the Valkyrie trace incident and the attack by Arachne* Right~ IS Academy sounds like they're doing a great job with their security.
Let's add the weekly appearances of Zodiarts in Masked Stratos Fourze and Powerclaws breaching the shields in Armored Stratos Raionman.

Bu really, when the shields' own creator is poking holes in them, what can you do about it?
Old 2011-10-04, 06:09   Link #2188
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Its a crack theory...

But given the Rika Furude Syndrome associated with Tabane's voice, and that Tabane stammered unsteadily, and sounded like she had to tune herself briefly to sound like how she sounded like the rest of the series when Houki first called her, it is possible that the bubbly Tabane everyone loathes is actually a cover for the real Serious Rika Tabane.

Yes, she'd activate the suit and defend herself, but once she knows that Irish is just paranoid, she'd deactivate and stand before him without the suit, choosing to trust in friendship to prove her innocence rather like using violence.

Not wise I know. If you want realistic grim tones its in Veronique's perspective, not Karon.

But grimdark is all about dick moves!

Jokes aside, Tabane's role in messing the status quo up is a very real possibility, given the canon anime ending, and the above example I've quoted for Zero. But at the same time, I want to emphasize that Tabane is doing what she's doing ultimately is for the good of Mankind. Just that in the meantime, sacrifices must be made. And for that, she is willing to atone for it with her life once the curtain is drawn.

Like Lelouch, in a sense.

(and so she sleeps in stasis on the Moon for 2 hundred years-- *static*)

Let's add the weekly appearances of Zodiarts in Masked Stratos Fourze and Powerclaws breaching the shields in Armored Stratos Raionman.

Bu really, when the shields' own creator is poking holes in them, what can you do about it?
Tabane- Sacrificing herself when the curtain falls Sorry, but Irish doesn't believe in that Does Tabane have such an inflated ego that she thinks dying will make up for all her mistakes? Irish doesn't want to kill her, she want's her to know how the others who have suffered because of her machine feel like when they're lives were destroyed,she wants her to see all the damage she's already caused (Her foster son's birth mother was killed by these things for *** sake) He doesn't believe that the end justifies the means, this is why they're group doesn't kill civilians, then they'd be no better than the things they're trying to destroy. Does Tabane truly not care about the lives she's possibly/already destroyed in the proceess of making her "perfect world" which, by the way, is not perfect since the male gender is extremely screwed over

Karon- How will she find out that Irish is being paranoid about it? He himself almost never talks in fights and it's not like he'll try hold a conversation with her. She can try to read his mind to try and figure out why he's attacking her but I'm assuming she'll find out he was a terrorist if she does that and that would just make the fight worse Irish is already hard to read since he closes off his mind so all she'll feel is a violent intent and a dark aura

Sorry for he long rant but your version of Tabane sounds like the type I love to hate since the canon version seems to love excusing/handwaving her actions and the novels don't go any deeper on them.
Old 2011-10-04, 07:08   Link #2189
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

...oh poop. I'm in trouble now... O_O
Old 2011-10-04, 07:28   Link #2190
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Please, no content from the IS Light Novels on this thread. As far as Vol. 5-7 goes.
@darkjak: we can't guarantee that, because our fanfiction uses the light novel characters.

@Eratas: We got plenty of hints that Tabane is more than what she is, especially at the end of the anime, vol 4 and even end of volume 7.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 07:29   Link #2191
Eratas123

Quote:
...oh poop. I'm in trouble now... O_O
Me: I'm sorry Miss Charlotte, he's gone.

Charlotte: Ichika's gone! but why?

Me: Um...I'm talking about wavehawk Miss Charlotte.

Charlotte: Umm~...Who?

Me: (Facepalm)

@Blitz- I actually think that Tabane is the main antagonist since I found out she deployed those missiles, I just cant ignore a blatant disregard for life.
Old 2011-10-04, 08:05   Link #2192
Eratas123

@ Blitz- Can I send you what I have of Chapter 4 so far? Please reply if I can or can't.
Old 2011-10-04, 08:20   Link #2193
blitz1/2

Quote:
@ Blitz- Can I send you what I have of Chapter 4 so far? Please reply if I can or can't.
go ahead. Send it to my yahoo email.

Old 2011-10-04, 09:37   Link #2194
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Tabane- Sacrificing herself when the curtain falls Sorry, but Irish doesn't believe in that Does Tabane have such an inflated ego that she thinks dying will make up for all her mistakes? Irish doesn't want to kill her, she want's her to know how the others who have suffered because of her machine feel like when they're lives were destroyed,she wants her to see all the damage she's already caused (Her foster son's birth mother was killed by these things for *** sake) He doesn't believe that the end justifies the means, this is why they're group doesn't kill civilians, then they'd be no better than the things they're trying to destroy. Does Tabane truly not care about the lives she's possibly/already destroyed in the proceess of making her "perfect world" which, by the way, is not perfect since the male gender is extremely screwed over
The male gender issue is a temporary problem. As for the rest, yes, Tabane reasons that change will require a price, and that price might as well be paid now while she can control it.

This of course is the illusion destined for Karon or Ichika to shatter once it comes to it.

Quote:
Karon- How will she find out that Irish is being paranoid about it? He himself almost never talks in fights and it's not like he'll try hold a conversation with her. She can try to read his mind to try and figure out why he's attacking her but I'm assuming she'll find out he was a terrorist if she does that and that would just make the fight worse Irish is already hard to read since he closes off his mind so all she'll feel is a violent intent and a dark aura
Now this would be a problem... I guess the only way is to as you said take him down non-lethally. Her friends might want to help, but she may ask them to stay back so that she can speak to him without causing a misunderstanding.

In the mean time, she'd be doing her best to reach out to him. If you want you can insert a Newtype Reaction scene for whatever reason, either if Irish manages to break through her shield, or if Karon gets close enough to stun him. Either way, lots of screaming to be had. Then Karon and Irish are teleported into mindspace, both of them watching Irish's past unfold like an old film. She sees his mother die in that war, then Irish frets about Karon learning of his terror past. Karon would be shocked, for both the IS War and the fallout. While she cannot condone what Irish has done in revenge, she will ask that he stop it, that revenge only causes more tears. She then gives him her promise to see that the Organizations, even though they are legal, are brought to justice.

Irish will doubt her, then Karon tells him that in this space, no one can lie. And when he sees a younger Karon watching the fighter carrying her brother break up in vacuum after fighting off Phantom Task, he'd probably be more inclined to trust her.

"It's painful to be left behind. It hurts to have to hate something so much. But you must fight to live, for those already gone. Fight to live stronger than anyone!"

Then the NTR breaks.

...argh I ended up writing the fic for you! Dx

Quote:
Sorry for he long rant but your version of Tabane sounds like the type I love to hate since the canon version seems to love excusing/handwaving her actions and the novels don't go any deeper on them.
But that's how I roll. I don't intend to make her likeable, in fact the bigger the WTF the better. And it does seem that canon rolls the same way either...
Old 2011-10-04, 09:45   Link #2195
blitz1/2

I read chapter 4, there wasn't anything I needed to correct for grammar, although I would question a bit of the plot, about why would there be an IS event like this, since they are practically openly expressing military secrets.

Old 2011-10-04, 10:02   Link #2196
Eratas123

@MeisterBaylon- How in the hell is the gender issue a temporary problem? There's only 467 cores and the world is aleeady heavily tilted, how would adding more cores solve that issue!?

Irish's mother wasn't killed, that's Kyuukai. He doesn't remember anything from before he was seven years old due to being caught in an IS blast's field. The first memory he ever has is an IS murdering a man in front of him, leaving him in a concentration camp, and being forced to work like a slave to help build new IS units and continually put down and beaten on by axe crazy IS pilots. These kinds of things tend to leave a lasting impression on his view of the IS and women in general.

FRACTURE is a completely legal org and truth be told they're giving Irish a break since anybody else would have killed him for all his crimes. He doesn't hate them, he just resents that they're holding Joshua's freedom against him to get him to comply. But like I said, it's better with FRACTURE rather than with anyone else.

The main reason he hates the infinite stratos is because of the fact that he screwed up doing his job one day in the camp (considering he was seven this isn't surprising) and one of the pilots got injured, they asked who it was and his surrogate brother from the camp took the blame for Irish which got him killed for his troubles. He hated the Infinite Stratos after that.

This is when he joined the terrorists when they busted him out and why he automatically dislikes/distrusts all IS pilots.

The part where they get close and Karon is able to read his mind is pretty good though so I'm gonna steal that!

Irish's mother is still alive, she'll play a role in the story later

I thought Karon wouldn't forgive a terrorist no matter they're reasoning? How would seeing Irish's past change that? Btw I also don't like Tabane Glad I'm not the only one.

Once again, Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions/scenarios. Your answers are very fun to read and sometimes argue about

Last edited by Eratas123; 2011-10-04 at 10:12.
Old 2011-10-04, 10:05   Link #2197
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I read chapter 4, there wasn't anything I needed to correct for grammar, although I would question a bit of the plot, about why would there be an IS event like this, since they are practically openly expressing military secrets.
After the first and second IS wars they've decided to keep everything open as to try and avoid one country being paranoid of the other. They also want to check about the rumors of the two male IS pilots. Besides, Raphael Dunoa set it up and you can tell by the way I wrote him that he's an attention whore

Also, its not like they're revealing it on tv or something. The only ones in the hall are the representative candidates The IS academy students and Kyuukai himself and they're bound to secrecy so it wont be spread around like wildfire.

Last edited by Eratas123; 2011-10-04 at 10:19.
Old 2011-10-04, 13:14   Link #2198
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Incoherent thought (Crack thoughts?)

-_- Suddenly, with all these dark organization around, it seems to justify Tabane's reason for limiting the number of IS cores.

I personally think that there MUST be some form of limiting factor on OC's machines that preventing it from being able to replicated and used for war.

Unrelated note:

Are you willing let a cruel babysitter get away from sending your babies into war? Your beloved innocent child who has to kill his/her brothers/sisters because the babysitter forced him/her to?

Spoiler for Answer:

Don't forget: IS is very similar to human being.....

It does not feel right to treat them as just machines.... I think I am subconsciously trying to work from this point (upon self-reflection: Yuu see her IS as a friend). Now that I am aware of this, I will probably try to start from that direction.
Old 2011-10-04, 13:24   Link #2199
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
Incoherent thought (Crack thoughts?)

-_- Suddenly, with all these dark organization around, it seems to justify Tabane's reason for limiting the number of IS cores.

I personally think that there MUST be some form of limiting factor on OC's machines that preventing it from being able to replicated and used for war.

Unrelated note:

Are you willing let a cruel babysitter get away from sending your babies into war? Your beloved innocent child who has to kill his/her brothers/sisters because the babysitter forced him/her to?

Spoiler for Answer:

Don't forget: IS is very similar to human being.....

It does not feel right to treat them as just machines.... I think I am subconsciously trying to work from this point (upon self-reflection: Yuu see her IS as a friend). Now that I am aware of this, I will probably try to start from that direction.
We seem to have VERY different thoughts on Tabane I think she's a bitch in sheeps clothing and you think she's some kind of caring motherly scientist You gotta love alternate character intepretation

Answer me this then: If Tabane was such a caring mother then why the hell did she make her "baby" shoot down 2231 missiles, tanks, and jets despite the fact that doing this does nothing except giving others a reason to see them as effective weapons?
Old 2011-10-04, 16:17   Link #2200
falcolobo
The Third Runner

Quote:
We seem to have VERY different thoughts on Tabane I think she's a bitch in sheeps clothing and you think she's some kind of caring motherly scientist You gotta love alternate character intepretation

Answer me this then: If Tabane was such a caring mother then why the hell did she make her "baby" shoot down 2231 missiles, tanks, and jets despite the fact that doing this does nothing except giving others a reason to see them as effective weapons?
To her that's like her child riding a two wheeler for the first time. Why ruin it?

She would probably be a bit worried if it was 4000 missles.

I just think she's insane.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest