Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-14, 07:31   Link #3481
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
That would be nice to see, that would make the authors intent more clear.
Well,only if the producers choose to animate the novel ending like it is now.
Densetsuhakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 07:32   Link #3482
seangel92

Quote:
That's not really fair, you just choose to view and interpret things differently so there is confirmation bias. That's the issue with interpretations, people can interpret things differently when intent of some situations or events are not clear. The author intentionally minces his words to make things have a double meaning often so it's not as though people are "just" seeing what they want in some things but it is his goal to make many things ambiguous.
I could recognize that your interpretation is as valid as mine. Do you recognize that the ending could be as valid "normal siblings" as "love ending"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExXentriK View Post
What frustrates me the most here is that we don't know what kind of kiss it was. It could have been just a tender kiss on the cheek(Kirino would get full tsun for less than that) or a real kiss like the one during the mock wedding. I hope the animated version will illustrate this moment.
Never trust in an anime, they could invent some things to make it more acceptable to the audience like a kiss on the lips into a kiss on the cheek.
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 07:34   Link #3483
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsuhakai View Post
Well,only if the producers choose to animate the novel ending like it is now.
Yeah that is true, we wont even know by the end of the TV run what direction it's going to take I imagine. Leaving us with a cliffhanger seems very likely so anticipation for the streamed episodes is high when they finally are released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seangel92 View Post
I could recognize that your interpretation is as valid as mine. Do you recognize that the ending could be as valid "normal siblings" as "love ending"?
I certainly do, all I want is for people to recognize my opinion isn't 100% in my head and faulty

Also I really hate ambiguous endings so that has been an issue as well so I try to make sense of both possibilities as best I can. There is evidence for both but I do favor one though, I am sitting on the fence in truth.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 07:41   Link #3484
KronosPlasma

I feel sorry for Manami in this story mostly because she's asked advice by both and they take it to far. She has to be the "lone voice of reason". By that I mean she really the only one in that world saying the relationship is wrong. while everyone around them just kinda goes "Eh, okay" about it. Saori kinda questions it but lets it go so she can keep her group. I don't think Ayase ever finds out but she a boor mate for Kirino.
God did the author hate her or something
KronosPlasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 07:46   Link #3485
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by KronosPlasma View Post
I feel sorry for Manami in this story mostly because she's asked advice by both and they take it to far. She has to be the "lone voice of reason". By that I mean she really the only one in that world saying the relationship is wrong. while everyone around them just kinda goes "Eh, okay" about it. Saori kinda questions it but lets it go so she can keep her group. I don't think Ayase ever finds out but she a boor mate for Kirino.
I still don't understand the Manami hate to this day, her reasoning is just as valid as anyone else in the story. She is the authors scapegoat however and she appears plain and perfect but she is a girl like any other so she manipulated the situation the way she thought was the best and would suit her needs. She is hardly the only person in this story being manipulative though and I think people forget that.
Old 2013-06-14, 07:47   Link #3486
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KronosPlasma View Post
No,he doesn't hate her. Manami is the voice of society in this series. But what gives her (the society) the right to judge over the siblings? Just because it isn't moral in the eyes of the most people? At least the other Characters are willing to accept their relationship. Manami is just the only one who doesn't accept it, so it kinda seems like everyone is against Manami (society).
Densetsuhakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 07:54   Link #3487
ExXentriK

Quote:
I still don't understand the Manami hate to this day, her reasoning is just as valid as anyone else in the story. She is the authors scapegoat however and she appears plain and perfect but she is a girl like any other so she manipulated the situation the way she thought was the best and would suit her needs. She is hardly the only person in this story being manipulative though and I think people forget that.
To my mind most of the hate is /a/ induced as it is where I see her the most represented that way. It doesn't change the fact that according to my personal opinion I can't help it but dislike Manami. I mean she's always plotting things behind Kyousuke's back(with Ayase for example), this just disturbs me and vol.11 just confirmed my doubts about her.
Old 2013-06-14, 07:56   Link #3488
zubalikei

Sorry my bad english. My native language is portuguese

A was trying to write something just to say how I feel about this series.

I became to know Oreimo watching the anime e then I search for other fonts and found the light novels.
I think this series is awesome because the autor slowly reveals the polemic love between Kirino e Kyousuke.
Their story is cool, is vibrant because their romantic love is virtually impossible.
It resemble Romeu and Juliete's story not because a family feud, but cause they are bloodly relatives: sibligs that grew up together and
thus its unnatural, unforgivable, get married or elop...
The drama, the guilty they have due to love each other. The fact they know that this is not acceptable by family and society in general
generate a tension that remains even after the spoiled end and makes me very excited, hehehe.

Personally, I am eager to know how the story unfolds ten years later:
How Kyousuke e Kirino will handle the situation?
They will choose to live apart and break up definitely?
They will try to bear a life alongside each other and not express publicly their feelings (pretending nothig happened)?
They will try to forget the mutual love through other romantic relationships, or through word, or studies?
Their ability to love other person will be permanently damaged?
And (in my opinion) the worst scenario possible: they will pretend to be brothers and in fact will be lovers?

What do you think? Do you agree with some of these possible future developments? Do you have any other ideas?

I hope the sadness not stay so much in their lifes.
I hope Kyousuke not became a looser an Kirino not became a bitter (or a very sad) woman.
And, finally... I hope they manage to wipe out this incestual love. I do not like to see them being lovers in future,
but hope the time makes to arise brotherly love and mutual respect between them.

Thanks for reading this.... I hope to comunicate correctly despite my bad english (sorry again).
zubalikei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 08:04   Link #3489
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubalikei View Post

I became to know Oreimo watching the anime e then I search for other fonts and found the light novels.
I think this series is awesome because the autor slowly reveals the polemic love between Kirino e Kyousuke.
Their story is cool, is vibrant because their romantic love is virtually impossible.
It resemble Romeu and Juliete's story not because a family feud, but cause they are bloodly relatives: sibligs that grew up together and
The drama, the guilty they have due to love each other. The fact they know that this is not acceptable by family and society in general
generate a tension that remains even after the spoiled end and makes me very excited, hehehe.

They will try to bear a life alongside each other and not express publicly their feelings (pretending nothig happened)?
They will try to forget the mutual love through other romantic relationships, or through word, or studies?
And (in my opinion) the worst scenario possible: they will pretend to be brothers and in fact will be lovers?

What do you think? Do you agree with some of these possible future developments? Do you have any other ideas?

I hope Kyousuke not became a looser an Kirino not became a bitter (or a very sad) woman.
And, finally... I hope they manage to wipe out this incestual love. I do not like to see them being lovers in future,
but hope the time makes to arise brotherly love and mutual respect between them.

Thanks for reading this.... I hope to comunicate correctly despite my bad english (sorry again).
Totally readable my friend, your English isn't bad at all

I think your worst scenario is the same as mine. Choosing to hide their feelings from the world and continuing with the relationship. If they continue at least be true to yourself even if that means having to bear the burden of pressures from society.

I think at the very least they are now reconciled as brother and sister so you have nothing to fear in that regard as they both have become close again and are honest with each other. Where they take their romantic feelings and relationship is anyone's guess and all are valid in their own ways. I don't know if we will really every get a definitive answer as to just how they dealt with the romantic side of their love as that is the part that is left to the reader.
Old 2013-06-14, 08:07   Link #3490
seangel92

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubalikei View Post

I think that they are going to have a romantic relationship in secret or wait until Kirino is an adult and they can live together. Who knows? I hope that they can be together in a future.

This is my opinion and this is how I want to interprete the ending.
Old 2013-06-14, 08:24   Link #3491
dragon1412

Quote:
well, in my cased, it's more like that her personality is having some problem, ever since vol 1, Kyousuke is too defenseless again her, which make her similar to his family members, true, her reason is as valid as everyone else, however, let's take Kirino and Kyousuke cold war as example, Manami is the person who partly responsible for the cause of that war, of course, it's not likely that she intent that to happen but more like she want them to become normal siblings, nothing wrong with that as well but the problem is that when the war happened and Manami is aware of it, she make no attempt to clean up her mess, or at least, mend their broken bonds, infact, she even shower Kirino with her idea, when did she have the right to barge in their relationship anyway. Second, she is considered manipulative because she have clear intent to do it, when Kirino make Kyousuke played eroge, she was worry about the prejudice of her brother, and she make him continue played to keep their bonds rather than maniplated him to love her, Manami is diffirent, she make Kyousuke into a normal people with clear intent, to be honest, what or who give her right to questioned his quality? more over , she interfere with someoneelse ego, which is an unacceptable act in term of psychology because it control a human life, of course, Kyousuke ego did return throughout the series as his ego is what make him Kyousuke. However, the fact that Manami influences Kyousuke ego to her intent is exist, which can be considered a moral issue which is far worse than Incest. And well her punch at vol 12 is just out of character, interpret that as you will.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 08:40   Link #3492
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
well, in my cased, it's more like that her personality is having some problem, ever since vol 1, Kyousuke is too defenseless again her, which make her similar to his family members, true, her reason is as valid as everyone else, however, let's take Kirino and Kyousuke cold war as example, Manami is the person who partly responsible for the cause of that war, of course, it's not likely that she intent that to happen but more like she want them to become normal siblings, nothing wrong with that as well but the problem is that when the war happened and Manami is aware of it, she make no attempt to clean up her mess, or at least, mend their broken bonds, infact, she even shower Kirino with her idea, when did she have the right to barge in their relationship anyway. Second, she is considered manipulative because she have clear intent to do it, when Kirino make Kyousuke played eroge, she was worry about the prejudice of her brother, and she make him continue played to keep their bonds rather than maniplated him to love her, Manami is diffirent, she make Kyousuke into a normal people with clear intent, to be honest, what or who give her right to questioned his quality? more over , she interfere with someoneelse ego, which is an unacceptable act in term of psychology because it control a human life, of course, Kyousuke ego did return throughout the series as his ego is what make him Kyousuke. However, the fact that Manami influences Kyousuke ego to her intent is exist, which can be considered a moral issue which is far worse than Incest. And well her punch at vol 12 is just out of character, interpret that as you will.
I think the reason Manami punched Kirino was not because of her taunting,but because she knew that she lost and screwed up at the end. Being an adult doesnt give you the right of punching people around and I think she went a bit too far with her reaction. She created the distance between them and now they are closer than ever.
Old 2013-06-14, 08:45   Link #3493
seangel92

Fuck Manami, I didn't like her since the first volume.
Old 2013-06-14, 08:47   Link #3494
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Yes, Fushimi gave us a romantic history between two siblings with an ambiguous ending. If you want that they pursue their love history, take it, Fushimi gave us a lot of hints and history to make us think that they will be together in a romantic way. If you are against incest, you can think that they gonna go to a normal siblings way.

Do you want it? take it but the love history ending is there with a lot more evidences than the others endings.
I think people who deny the hidden incest plot. Who has a lot more hints. That you can't throw away just like that as a theorie. They have a problem with incest story's.

I know for sure that if kirino x kyousuke were not blood related. Everyone of them would change there point of view. I have seen much arguments so far. And i have made my conclusion. Them returning to being normal siblings my ass.

@thommythecat. We have heard your opinion a lot on this topic. But knowing that you haven't read volume 12 yet. I would advice you to do it when the full translations are out. Let us see if you still make the same conclusion

But knowing your opinion. I doubt it would change. Even if the writter gave you the biggest hint possible.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 08:55   Link #3495
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

I'm sorry but that punch was hilarious with Kirino acting like a spoiled brat saying how she won, in that situation I don't fault Manami at all. Kirino poked the bear at it poked back it is a life lesson in either act like an adult or prepare yourself for the consequences.

It isn't really out of character either, she has a serious temper but she rarely brings it out because it breaks her facade of being the helpful grandma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
I think people who deny the hidden incest plot. Who has a lot more hints. That you can't throw away just like that as a theorie. They have a problem with incest story's.

I know for sure that if kirino x kyousuke were not blood related. Everyone of them would change there point of view. I have seen much arguments so far. And i have made my conclusion. Them returning to being normal siblings my ass.

@thommythecat. We have heard your opinion a lot on this topic. But knowing that you haven't read volume 12 yet. I would advice you to do it when the full translations are out. Let us see if you still make the same conclusion

But knowing your opinion. I doubt it would change. Even if the writter gave you the biggest hint possible.
Look man I get it, you ship the incest route you see all the evidence in that light. That is how interpretations work with the absence of clear proof. The fact I haven't read the full translation is a problem but frankly it's the same for everyone else. A full translation will be far more telling than quick summaries of twice translated material.
Old 2013-06-14, 08:57   Link #3496
Choroshi
Senjougahara Fascination

Quote:
I think that they are going to have a romantic relationship in secret or wait until Kirino is an adult and they can live together. Who knows? I hope that they can be together in a future.

This is my opinion and this is how I want to interprete the ending.
This!

after all those things they had done, it'd be quite impossible to go back being normal siblings.. they should follow yosuga no sora route lol
Old 2013-06-14, 08:58   Link #3497
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Fuck Manami, I didn't like her since the first volume.
Same feelings here. You can say what you want. But the manipulative part of her.

And reading the recorded message is also a part were I get more frustrated about manami. Even if it is socially acceptable what she did. I still don't like it.

I can't stop thinking about how lonely she felt at that time. Poor Kirino

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2013-06-14 at 09:06. Reason: Words were not correct
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 09:02   Link #3498
Wilshere

Quote:
I'm sorry but that punch was hilarious with Kirino acting like a spoiled brat saying how she won, in that situation I don't fault Manami at all. Kirino poked the bear at it poked back it is a life lesson in either act like an adult or prepare yourself for the consequences.

It isn't really out of character either, she has a serious temper but she rarely brings it out because it breaks her facade of being the helpful grandma.
I agree that she is a spoiled brat,she might have punched her because of the heat of the moment. 'Doesnt want to break her facade of being the helpful grandma' eh? And you wonder why we say that shes manipulative,she urged all girls to confess to Kyousuke in order not for Kirino have any chance. She is somewhat ok with any girl winning Kyousuke as long as it is not Kirino,it backfired and the result cannot be reversed. She basically hit the self-destruct button.
Old 2013-06-14, 09:09   Link #3499
laruldan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
Why would he use his wish for a kiss??? I think if there is nothing behind it he couldve used it for maybe a friendly hug or something but not a KISS!!! Return to being ''Normal Siblings'' my *** .
That alone was still open to interpretation, IMO (I tended to side with tommythecat some time ago). With epilogue alone, it could be still plausible end as "weird siblings, but still no more that siblings" (and that "life consultation" could be interpreted as "Kirino going to scold Kyousuke in private too, and reaffirm some boundaries").
However, with the rest of volume - no way. Even as of chapter 4 their intention are very clear. And rest of volume only keeps on supporting it. Plus, it shows that they are not left alone in dealing with problems - they have their friends support.
Spoiler for chapter 6:
Sure, their road will be still bumpy, and I'd liked to see it in more details, but that really would not fit this series format.
With fuller picture about vol.12 content, I don't even hate those rumors about "bonus novel" — vol.12 is already clear enough ☺

In the regard of "returning to normal relationship" — one can easily guess, that it was not lie, but just not whole truth. When they started going out, nothing was said about time limit, right? Same story could be here — yeah-yeah, but with another time limit, that Kyosuke conveniently forgot to mention ☺ They, sure, will need some time to prepare coming-out.
laruldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 09:10   Link #3500
Kakurin
大佐

Part 1 Last Chapter

Spoiler for Part 1 Last Chapter:

EDIT: @tommythecat, why quick summaries of twice-translated material? It is quick-twice-translated material.

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings