AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-09-14, 17:43   Link #81
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to uLTraCarL- Send a message via AIM to uLTraCarL-
you don't bundle a AAA game title with the system. that right there is lost sales.

sure maybe after a few months/years of being released
but not right at the start.

oh and Link is right handed on Wii and left handed on GameCube.

The Chronicles of uLTraCarL .. Youtube connection
[Ht] Hostile Takeover #hostile @ irc.gamesurge.net .. Anime-Kraze #anime-kraze @ irc.rizon.net
uLTraCarL- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 17:55   Link #82
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samourai
250 is a great deal, stop complaning.

I will be getting the Wii, just not at launch, probably around the holiday season.
Err...was this directed at me? Just asking because I'm not sure if it was to me (who thinks the price is just fine) or someone else...
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 18:01   Link #83
arias

Wow.. some of the games are looking great. There won't be the graphical realism or polish that the X360 or PS3 can and will offer, but the colours on it are fantastic. More pastel.. and despite all the arguments offered by Nintendo and its tards, it still presents a more kiddish look than not. I don't hate that; I do prefer the abstracted, anime look for plenty of games.

What bothers me is in the ad, they have all these people of all races and all ages dressed in disgusting pseudo-modern white.. in terms of spirit, it reminds me of the trying-too-hard-to-be-cool Apple. I would have really preferred to see them play the games in everyday conditions.. it's a minor complaint, but I'm just turned off by this sort of bleh-ness.

Anyway, we'll know alot more of everything by the end of this year.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 18:16   Link #84
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by uLTraCarL-
you don't bundle a AAA game title with the system. that right there is lost sales.
[/b]
understandable, but I wish at least that they weren't bundling in a FFF title.

When the best thing they can say about a game is that it's "accessible", I'm not interested.
Old 2006-09-14, 19:11   Link #85
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
understandable, but I wish at least that they weren't bundling in a FFF title.

When the best thing they can say about a game is that it's "accessible", I'm not interested.
Well, you seem to have forgotten what the main mantra of Nintendo seems to be to with the Wii, and that is to appeal to the non-gamer. So to bundle a game that's labelled "accessible" and demonstrates the unique control scheme of the Wii seems to fit in quite nicely with what they've been trying to accomplish all along.
Old 2006-09-14, 19:15   Link #86
bluemist
i am the mist

If Wii is region-free for first party titles, would it also be region-free for their online services?

I mean, can I switch from the American version to the Japanese version of Wii.com, and maybe browse through there, or buy some exclusively Japanese VC titles or other features like that?

Or will it be ala-iTunes and restrict the services to specific regions?
Old 2006-09-14, 19:45   Link #87
Samourai
Le samouraï est le illest

Send a message via AIM to Samourai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark`
Err...was this directed at me? Just asking because I'm not sure if it was to me (who thinks the price is just fine) or someone else...

not really, it was directed at anyone who was complaing that 250$ was to much for a console as great as the Wii is looking.

and it better be region free, i need naruto.
Samourai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 19:52   Link #88
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Well, you seem to have forgotten what the main mantra of Nintendo seems to be to with the Wii, and that is to appeal to the non-gamer. So to bundle a game that's labelled "accessible" and demonstrates the unique control scheme of the Wii seems to fit in quite nicely with what they've been trying to accomplish all along.
I've definitely been cognizant of that all along. The Gamecube was too kid oriented for my taste and I've known that the Wii will be more casual gamer oriented than I'd like- which is my I'm primarily a Sony fan. That said, the new control looks too intriguing as far as its application for action games- I can't pass it up. I can still dream and complain, however.

IMO...Japan is getting the much better deal- 40 dollars cheaper without the Wii Sports.
Old 2006-09-14, 20:39   Link #89
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
I've definitely been cognizant of that all along. The Gamecube was too kid oriented for my taste and I've known that the Wii will be more casual gamer oriented than I'd like- which is my I'm primarily a Sony fan. That said, the new control looks too intriguing as far as its application for action games- I can't pass it up. I can still dream and complain, however.

IMO...Japan is getting the much better deal- 40 dollars cheaper without the Wii Sports.
Well, of course. I never meant to take away your right to dream and complain, I was just offering counter-points to what you said.

And to an extent, I do agree with you: despite the fact that Wii Sports looks to be a good party game and whatnot, I honestly doubt I will spend much time (if any) playing it, especially since Twilight Princess will be a launch title, and as soon as I get home and get that puppy hooked up, you can bet that Twilight Princess will be inserted into the system faster than you can say "Itsa me, a Mario!". So it would have been nice to get a version without the Wii Sports for $40 less over here.

However, the other way I look at it is that Nintendo could very well have priced the Wii at $249.99 and not included Wii Sports. Now, if this were really the case, you would probably care less since you have expressed that you have no interest in that game at all. But the way I look at it is that if the Wii was going to be set for $249.99 without Wii Sports, and later decided to slap that in as a bonus, it's basically something you got for free. So...it all depends on how you look at it. No Wii Sports for $40 less would have been nice, but all things considered, it's really not so bad.

The pricing for extra controllers seems a little over-the-top though. I mean, I tend to be a solo gamer most of the time so it won't affect me so much, though occasionally I do play with other people...but even then 2 controllers are usually enough. But $60 ($40 for the Wii-mote, $20 for the nunchuk add-on) for an extra controller stings nontheless. I mean, if you buy the system and, say, your brother is willing to shell out $60 for a new controller for party/co-op games, I'd say it's okay. But that's not something that happens here so...well, I think a Gamespot editor named James Yu said it nicely.

Quote:
The $249 price is higher than I originally guessed, but it's a fair price since the system comes bundled with Wii Sports. However, the price for extra controllers is a little disappointing. You're looking at $40 for the controller and $20 for the nunchaku attachment. That's $60 for every additional Wii player, or $429 for a system with four complete controller setups.
Edit: Just actually a little bit curious. You mentioned that you are a Sony fan. Were/are you planning on purchasing a PS3 at launch? The thing is...I'm having a hard time resisting it since it is supposed to be the "next big thing." Then again, none of the launch titles seem like must-have games to me (unlike Twilight Princess) so it's hard for me to justify [to myself] spending $599 (most likely $699 CDN...) just to play my PSone and PS2 games. Add on that the fact that I lack a HD-TV of any kind to take advantage of the next-gen graphics, and it just seems like it's a better idea to wait until the first bunch get sold off, most of the kinks get worked out and better games come out before I pick one up. Just wondering what you were planning to do.

Last edited by Dark`; 2006-09-14 at 20:53.
Old 2006-09-14, 20:46   Link #90
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Just have your friends buy the're own WII controllers .
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 21:38   Link #91
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Oh yeah baby!

Quote:

, Nintendo announced that Wii will launch in Japan on December 2, 2006 for JP¥25,000(approximately $213); and in the Americas on November 19, 2006 with a US price of $249.99.A Nintendo spokesman said that the price in the UK "will be in line with Japanese and U.S. prices announced" (approx. GB£139 and GB£157 respectively, including VAT, c.2006). On August 23, 2006, Reuters reported that Nintendo Germany's general manager Bernd Fakesch mentioned at Leipzig Games Convention 2006 that the European price for the console had not been decided yet, but is expected to be less than €250 (approx. US$270 excluding VAT, c.2006).
Hell yeah!!

Between GB£139 - £157 ?! Bring it on!

*does the happy Nintendo dance*

Old 2006-09-14, 21:51   Link #92
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

Let's wait till the actual press breifing for Europe which is in a few hours.

Everything is still a rumor regarding europe especially the prices and the release date.

Some sites had said 2007, another claims Late November - Early December.
Price, thats the lowest I've seen it reported Onizuka-GTO. I've read 250 elsewhere.

[Ht] Hostile Takeover #hostile @ irc.gamesurge.net .. Anime-Kraze #anime-kraze @ irc.rizon.net
Old 2006-09-14, 21:56   Link #93
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by uLTraCarL-
Let's wait till the actual press breifing for Europe which is in a few hours.

Everything is still a rumor regarding europe especially the prices and the release date.

Some sites had said 2007, another claims Late November - Early December.
Price, thats the lowest I've seen it reported Onizuka-GTO. I've read 250 elsewhere.

That's for Europe, pfft. As far as I'm aware, we are only grouped with Europe technically, but not legally...

Old 2006-09-14, 22:06   Link #94
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Edit: Just actually a little bit curious. You mentioned that you are a Sony fan. Were/are you planning on purchasing a PS3 at launch? The thing is...I'm having a hard time resisting it since it is supposed to be the "next big thing." Then again, none of the launch titles seem like must-have games to me (unlike Twilight Princess) so it's hard for me to justify [to myself] spending $599 (most likely $699 CDN...) just to play my PSone and PS2 games. Add on that the fact that I lack a HD-TV of any kind to take advantage of the next-gen graphics, and it just seems like it's a better idea to wait until the first bunch get sold off, most of the kinks get worked out and better games come out before I pick one up. Just wondering what you were planning to do.
I'm on the fence myself. While the Wii will win the beginning of this coming gen, I think the PS3 will win the second half once developers really figure out how to program for it. As far as launch titles, there are several that have me interested. In particular, I *think* Resistance, Heavenly Sword, and the new Genji are all supposed to be launch titles. Basically, if you have an action game (among other things) that gets an average rating above 7.5, you can guarantee that I'll have fun. I've also just started working a real full-time job, so I have the cash to afford all 3 consoles.

Like you, though, I'm a tad bit hesitant about buying one of the first PS3's- especially seeing what happened with the first 360's. At this point, you've got as good a chance at guessing what I'll do as I do. Eventually I'll definitely have a PS3, but I'm uncertain about launch.
Old 2006-09-14, 22:22   Link #95
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
I'm on the fence myself. While the Wii will win the beginning of this coming gen, I think the PS3 will win the second half once developers really figure out how to program for it. As far as launch titles, there are several that have me interested. In particular, I *think* Resistance, Heavenly Sword, and the new Genji are all supposed to be launch titles. Basically, if you have an action game (among other things) that gets an average rating above 7.5, you can guarantee that I'll have fun. I've also just started working a real full-time job, so I have the cash to afford all 3 consoles.

Like you, though, I'm a tad bit hesitant about buying one of the first PS3's- especially seeing what happened with the first 360's. At this point, you've got as good a chance at guessing what I'll do as I do. Eventually I'll definitely have a PS3, but I'm uncertain about launch.
I apologize to everyone for jacking the thread to talk about the PS3...this will be my only post on it in this thread, promise.

Resistance is all but guaranteed as a launch title I believe. I'm not sure about Genji, but Heavenly Sword was originally slated to be a launch title, but has now been moved to launch window release. Heavenly Sword is probably the title most interesting to me at the moment, and while Resistance looks to be good, I've never truly liked FPS games on console due to the dual-analog control (which is why I'm excited at what the Wii can offer for FPS games, like Metroid Prime 3: Corruption). That and I'm worried about the possible bundles that retailers might put out, like they did with the 360, that basically forces you to buy not only the hardware, but a bunch of accessories and games (a lot of launch games are less than stellar after all...) that you may not want (or may not want right away since it'll put a big dent in your wallet).

And yeah, that's exactly it. The first 360s had quite a bit of trouble out of the gate with things like overheating and disc scratching...I'm afraid of that happening with the PS3. While Sony will no doubt replace defective systems, I'd still rather not take the chance. Like you, I know I'll get one eventually, I'm just not sure if it'll be at launch or maybe 6 months down the road. I'll probably still be on the fence about it up until Nov 16...maybe even Nov 17...
Old 2006-09-14, 22:23   Link #96
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
That's for Europe, pfft. As far as I'm aware, we are only grouped with Europe technically, but not legally...

lol
anyhow its gonna be at
8:00AM (Friday) - 2:00PM (Friday) EDT
5:00AM (Friday) - 11:00AM (Friday) PDT
11:00AM (Friday) - 5:00PM (Friday) GMT/UTC
12:00PM (Friday) - 6:00PM (Friday) BST

Old 2006-09-14, 22:54   Link #97
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Official games list from Nintendo:

I bolded ones that I think look pretty promising and hold good potential:

JAPANESE LAUNCH TITLES:
TITLE / PUBLISHER / RELEASE
Elebits / Konami Digital Entertainment / 12/02/2006
Ennichi no Tatsujin / Bandai Namco Games / 12/02/2006
Hajimete no Wii: Your First Step to Wii / Nintendo / 12/02/2006
Kororinpa / Hudson / 12/02/2006
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess / Nintendo / 12/02/2006
Machi-Kuru Domino (Working Title) / Success / 12/02/2006
Necro-Nesia / Spike / 12/02/2006
Red Steel / Ubisoft / 12/02/2006
SD Gundam Revolution (Working Title) / Bandai Namco Games / 12/02/2006
Super Monkey Ball: Ukiuki Party Daisuugou / Sega / 12/02/2006
Swing Golf Pangya / Tecmo / 12/02/2006
Tamagotchi no Pikapika Daitouryou / Bandai Namco Games / 12/02/2006
Trauma Center: Second Opinion / Atlus / 12/02/2006
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves / Nintendo / 12/02/2006
Wii Sports / Nintendo / 12/02/2006
Wing Island / Hudson / 12/02/2006

POSTLAUNCH 2006 JAPANESE TITLES:
TITLE / PUBLISHER / RELEASE
Bleach Wii / Sega / Dec-06
Cooking Mama: Minna to Issho ni Oryouri Taikai! / Taito / Dec-06
Crayon Shin-chan / Banpresto / Dec-06
Furifuri (Working Title) / Taito / Dec-06
Mahjong Wii (Working Title) / Koei / Dec-06
Need For Speed Carbon / EA / Dec-06
Pokemon Battle Revolution / Pokèmon / Nintendo / Dec-06
Rayman (Working Title) / Ubisoft / Dec-06
Sengoku Musou Wave / Koei / Dec-06
Sudoku / Hudson / Dec-06
Tsuri Master (Working Title) / Hudson / Dec-06

FUTURE WII RELEASES:
TITLE / PUBLISHER / RELEASE DATE
3D Action game (Working Title) / Takara Tomy / TBA
3D Boxing Action game (Working Title) / AQ Interactive / TBA
Action Game (Working Title) / ASNetworks / 2007
Action Game (Working Title) / Epoch / TBA
Action game (Working Title) / Takara Tomy / TBA
Action Game (Working Title) / Banpresto / TBA
Action Game (Working Title) / From Software / TBA
Action RPG (Working Title) / From Software / TBA
Bachindaa / Hudson / Feb-07
Barnyard (Working Title) / THQ Japan / TBA
Baseball Game (Working Title) / Konami Digital Entertainment / TBA
Battle Action game (Working Title) / Takara Tomy / TBA
Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles (Working Title) / Capcom / TBA
Bokujou Monogatari Wii (Working Title) / Marvelous Interactive / TBA
Bomberman Land (Working Title) / Hudson / Mar-07
Call of Duty 3 / Activision / TBA
Cars (Working Title) / THQ Japan / TBA
Crossword / Hudson / Mar-07
Dairantou Smash Bros. X / Nintendo / 2007
Densha de Go! (Working Title) / Taito / TBA
Disaster (Working Title) / Nintendo / Spring 2007
Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race (Working Title) / Nintendo / 2007
Doubutsu no Mori (Working Title) / Nintendo / TBA
Downhill Jam (Working Title) / Activision / TBA
Dragon Ball Z Sparking! NEO / Bandai Namco Games / Jan-07
Dragon Quest Swords / Square Enix / Spring 2007
Excite Truck / Nintendo / Jan-07
Eyeshield 21 (Working Title) / Nintendo / TBA
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearer (Working Title) / Square Enix / TBA
Fire Emblem: Akatsuki no Megami / Nintendo / Feb-07
Fishing Game (Working Title) / ASNetworks / Summer 2007
Forever Blue (Working Title) / Nintendo / 2007
GT pro series / MTO / TBA
Gun Shooting game (Working Title) / Sega / TBA
Harry Potter (Working Title) / EA / 2007
Heroes / Spike / 2007 <--- Made by Killer 7 producer, btw
Horce Racing Action game (Working Title) / Koei / TBA
Hoshi no Kirby (Working Title) / Nintendo / TBA
Java / Spike / Spring 2007
Jigsaw Puzzle / Hudson / Mar-07
Kawano Nushi-Tsuri Series (Working Title) / Marvelous Interactive / TBA
Mario Party 8 (Working Title) / Nintendo / 2007
Mario Strikers Charged (Working Title) / Nintendo / 2007
Marvel Ultimate Alliance / Interchannel-Holon / TBA
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption (Working Title) / Nintendo / 2007
Mobile Suit Gundam (Working Title) / Bandai Namco Games / TBA
Music simulation game (Working Title) / Konami Digital Entertainment / TBA
New Action Adventure Game 1 (Working Title) / Konami Digital Entertainment / TBA
New Action Adventure Game 2 (Working Title) / Konami Digital Entertainment / TBA
New RPG (Working Title) / Koei / TBA
Noumiso Konekone Puzzle Takoron / Compile Heart / Summer 2007
One Piece: Unlimited Adventure / Bandai Namco Games / TBA
Original Action game (Working Title) / D3 Publisher / 2007
Original Simulation game (Working Title) / Marvelous Interactive / TBA
Pac-Man Carnival (Working Title) / Bandai Namco Games / TBA
Princess Company / Starfish SD / TBA
Project Hammer (Working Title) / Nintendo / 2007
RPG (Working Title) / Konami Digital Entertainment / TBA
San-X Allstar for Wii (Working Title) / MTO / TBA
Shooting Game (Working Title) / ASNetworks / Summer 2007
Simple series (Working Title) / D3 Publisher / 2007
Soccer Game (Working Title) / Konami Digital Entertainment / TBA
Sonic and the Secret Rings / Sega / 2007
Soothing character action game (Working Title) / MTO / TBA
Sponge Bob (Working Title) / THQ Japan / TBA
SSX (Working Title) / EA / 2007
Super Mario Galaxy / Nintendo / 2007
Super Paper Mario (Working Title) / Nintendo / 2007
Sword Fighting Action game (Working Title) / Interchannel-Holon / TBA
Sword of Legendia (Working Title) / Bandai Namco Games / TBA <--- There was recently a Tales of Legendia from Namco, hmm...
The Dog Island (Working Title) / Yukes / 2007
Tiger Woods PGA Tour (Working Title) / EA / 2007
Totsugeki Famicom Wars W (Working Title) / Nintendo / 2007
Wii Music (Working Title) / Nintendo / 2007
Wii Yawaraka Atama Juku (Working Title) / Nintendo / Spring 2007
Old 2006-09-14, 23:04   Link #98
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

Hajimete no Wii: Your First Step to Wii will be an important one. Why you ask? Supposedly this is going to have bundled with it another remote. Not sure if it has another nunchuck, that itself is another question at hand.

Sword of Legendia Game set match if Chloe is in it

Old 2006-09-14, 23:36   Link #99
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Rayman looks like it's gonna be a hoot (crazy bunnies, some of them dressed in Sam Fisher's Splinter Cell outfit, what more do you need?) and I'm hoping that with the recent release of the dubbed version of Bleach, that Bleach Wii will get to see the shores of North America. I guess if they leave the game region-free I could import it if it never gets localized...but I would like to avoid referring to guides or whatnot online to play through the game. =/
Old 2006-09-15, 00:34   Link #100
arias

Yasumi Matsuno, who created, FFXII, FF Tactics and Vagrant Story is going to develop a game for Wii. He left Squeenix in Aug 2005, and the game will be published by another studio.

That really seals the deal for me. I will definitely have to buy the Wii now. Just for YAZZ.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
console, wii