AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 42 40.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 13.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 8.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.81%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.90%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.95%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-02, 17:36   Link #141
Trudinh

shu is going to die, is where the show is heading toward.
Old 2012-03-02, 17:41   Link #142
Soji

^Then would be the same thing over again. I mean they already do this with another show.I admit I'd be disappointed if they do the same thing again.
Plus after all he go trough ,shu deserve a happy ending.
Old 2012-03-02, 18:04   Link #143
Trudinh

lol, i dont really care what happen anymore, episode 19 is pretty bad. unless episode 20 can bring the excitement back to me then i dont really care what happen to shu.

I guessed that shu void is a new arm back in episode 17 and what do u know...... it is.
Old 2012-03-02, 18:40   Link #144
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Here is how i understand it. The problem with Voids is that its very personal you are peeking inside the heart of another. Also, peoples Voids change as their hearts and experiences change as well. Everyone thought Sergei was crazy (he kind of was) but Sergei was looking for something specific he wanted to see the moment when one persons heart touches another. Inori's Void has always been Shu's strongest Void because of his feelings for her and Inori even though she had no idea what it was felt the same way.

If Shu did not lose his arm he would not have gone through the Soul searching he did when Inori left. His desire to save Inori and save everyone else no matter the cost was his first was the key. He made this decision on his own no one forced it on him for once Shu's mind and heart are in unison. Now combine his new found confidence with the bonding of the 3rd Genome and Shu's Void became that what he need most to achieve his a goals. Im willing to bet that Shu's void was something different before he lost his arm.

You are right his Void is his arm because he lost it just like Ayase's Void are legs because hers are not functional. The main point is that Shu's arm is metaphor for a multitude of things in the series and he would have never have gained the new found confidence and determination. Everyone thinks Shu is a bad ass now but they are skipping over exactly what led up to him becoming a bad ass. Honestly, the best thing that could have happen to him was losing his arm.
Got it. I was confused on what you meant of the role of the lost arm. Agree that the arm as metaphor of all he got through summarizes perfectly his path of pain and loss.
Anyways depends on how things will end another good title of the show could be the passion of Shu ...

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-03-02, 18:51   Link #145
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Arya@ Well I don't think that would be totally a bad thing. Mana need to rest in peace once and for all. And inori heart/feeling are her onw. The only thing I want is Shu still alive,because this ep not look to good for him.
I didn't want to say it aloud what I meant was that Inori has an host inside her, Mana, but before the end of the series Mana has to die, again, in some way. Looking at the end of the OP Inori looks no sad, instead she is still, quite, relaxed, but alone. This scene got me the feeling that Shu will die, but he resurrects as the new Inori's host. He will live inside Inori as Mana did before him.
This is what I meant, even If I really hope to be wrong.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-03-02, 19:26   Link #146
Trudinh

what with all this host thing, i think you guy are just thinking too hard. here what i think.

Episode 12 mana try to take over inori, failed, got kill by (GAI) some how the crystal power that mana has, been pass onto inori. It make inori a little crazy like it did to mana.

Since GHQ wanted to "marry" Mana and create a whole new kind of human race with the crystal power mana had, but now The crystal power been pass on to inori and so they wanted to capture inori and retry the whole marry with the rings process.

In the OP shu was about to turn into crystal and die but inori come and some how crystal broken. My guesses is Inori uses her crystal power to get rid of the virus that shu has.
Old 2012-03-02, 19:38   Link #147
Soji

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I hope not as well. But the way the show is goin...I will happy even with something like this(at least they will had some sort of happy ending with this).

Trudinh@
Wait...so you think like us that he will survive?
But yeah...seem to be the most likly route here(that Inori save him from the virus thing).
Old 2012-03-02, 19:48   Link #148
ShinVader

Spoiler for ep19 sad:
Old 2012-03-02, 19:50   Link #149
Trudinh

@soji most likely that shu will live but inori might not survive. Im throwing that out there cause most movie,drama,anime that has a sad ending, usually the MAIN character survive but the one that the main character love wont survive.
Old 2012-03-02, 20:32   Link #150
com_gwp

inb4 series end on a cliffhanger, End of Guilty Crown OVA half a year later. I'm finding it hard to see how they can properly answer every single plot point they've introduced in the last 3 episodes.
Old 2012-03-02, 21:08   Link #151
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudinh View Post
@soji most likely that shu will live but inori might not survive. Im throwing that out there cause most movie,drama,anime that has a sad ending, usually the MAIN character survive but the one that the main character love wont survive.
No, if anyone dies it's going to be Shu not Inori. Now I won't go on a religious rant until I can clear my speculation, but from what I know his void is meant to summon christ...... And his Sephira requires a sacrifice. Could be wrong though.
Old 2012-03-02, 21:10   Link #152
Trudinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
inb4 series end on a cliffhanger, End of Guilty Crown OVA half a year later. I'm finding it hard to see how they can properly answer every single plot point they've introduced in the last 3 episodes.

there not much point to answer.

What Happen to gai, (for that they just need an episode to explain everything about gai)
mystery behind Mana.

that probably the only 2 point they need to answer, the rest is not really hard to figure out.

Inori having crystal power because she has some kind of connection with mana.

Shu void take people weakness and strength which he take the virus from souta with his void.
Old 2012-03-02, 21:11   Link #153
Trudinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by syke123 View Post
No, if anyone dies it's going to be Shu not Inori. Now I won't go on a religious rant until I can clear my speculation, but from what I know his void is meant to summon christ...... And his Sephira requires a sacrifice. Could be wrong though.
wait dumb question need to be ask, what an Sephira?
Old 2012-03-02, 21:28   Link #154
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
She outright said it this episode. She stole it with the intention of giving it to somebody, while selfishly hoping that she could throw somebody else out there and not Shu again. She clearly didn't want Shu to have this last Genome, and was hoping to pass it off to somebody else and spare Shu the burden.

Which is one of a few reasons that I still don't really like her. Having Shu's best interests at heart and being a caring mother doesn't really change the fact that she both allowed and to a degree helped GHQ do what it has done over the past handful of episodes.
To be fair, not a single person in this show including those on Shoe's side has made any decision which is perfect...either out of stupidity, personality disorders or plain bad writing, everyone has some blood on their hands.....And well, she still did more for Shoe than 99% of everyone else

More importantly...where the heck did Mana go....
Old 2012-03-02, 21:31   Link #155
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by syke123 View Post
More like Shu is the equivalent of christ in the series. Even the opening sings about how he has a crown of thorns. It's like death flags keep popping up for him.

Although I still don't get where the guilty part of the crown comes in.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2012-03-02, 21:43   Link #156
com_gwp

Quote:
there not much point to answer.

What Happen to gai, (for that they just need an episode to explain everything about gai)
mystery behind Mana.

that probably the only 2 point they need to answer, the rest is not really hard to figure out.

Inori having crystal power because she has some kind of connection with mana.

Shu void take people weakness and strength which he take the virus from souta with his void.
Really, that's all the questions you had?

Who is Daath and what does he want?

Why is some super secret ancient organisation even involved?

Crystals and genomes how do they work?

What the heck is Keido actually trying to do?

Shu's dad did what? (Next entire episode, from the looks of it)

And those are just the few I listed off the top of my head. I'm not even counting the dramatic final conflict that must occur, or the Shu/Inori drama moments that is sure to come. Course, they could drop everything and end it in 3 weeks. I'm just putting out a likely scenario.

Also, episode 19, automatic Dragunov WAT. Goddammit Japan, that's not how sniper rifles work, you didn't even have to do much asides from buying the latest COD to know that.
Old 2012-03-02, 21:43   Link #157
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Because none of the kings are exactly free from having inflicted harm?
Old 2012-03-02, 21:46   Link #158
syke123

Quote:
wait dumb question need to be ask, what an Sephira?
The creation of god, they're the balance of the world. God created 10 sephira, and through them everything else was created.

The show is mostly christian kabbalistic interpretations though.
Old 2012-03-02, 22:04   Link #159
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
To be fair, not a single person in this show including those on Shoe's side has made any decision which is perfect...either out of stupidity, personality disorders or plain bad writing, everyone has some blood on their hands.....And well, she still did more for Shoe than 99% of everyone else
True. I don't really dislike her for what she did, and as you said, there really isn't anybody that's perfect in this series (Hare probably comes the closest here). I just don't like that her role in all of that was completely ignored while making her sympathetic, and had a hard time really sympathizing with her as a result.
Old 2012-03-02, 22:25   Link #160
fullmetal lancelouch

Spoiler for episode 19:

please answer my question....thanks in advance
Closed Thread