5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 4.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 4.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-08-21, 17:05   Link #41
tsunade666

wtf am I watching.... that was what I feel while watching this.... this.... I even have deadpan reaction while seeing the action -_- really.... >_> wtf with that final part with the summon gundam <_<

ugh....

I have it 1 for the daughter and that final part. BUT WHY!!!! WHY NO REIJI!!!
Old 2016-08-21, 17:06   Link #42
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Because it's Gundam Build Fighters Try: Island Wars.

Not Gundam Build Fighters: Island Wars.

Duh.
Old 2016-08-21, 17:18   Link #43
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

This, obviously. given the scene where they have the SD Command Gundam back with their daughter's Puchiguy and Beginning Gundam; They were really the guests in Ep. 23 of Try.
Old 2016-08-21, 17:33   Link #44
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, I noticed that too.

Also, before anyone remarks on the girl having superpowers: keep in mind that if anything, the girl likely has the same powers as her mother, if she has any at all.

The particle movements, and the crystal going out of control, were far more likely to be the cause of the girl's Arista responding to her desires. Given how out of control things got, I would imagine her desire for a Gunpla must've been extremely intense.
Old 2016-08-21, 17:37   Link #45
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah, I noticed that too.

Also, before anyone remarks on the girl having superpowers: keep in mind that if anything, the girl likely has the same powers as her mother, if she has any at all.

The particle movements, and the crystal going out of control, were far more likely to be the cause of the girl's Arista responding to her desires. Given how out of control things got, I would imagine her desire for a Gunpla must've been extremely intense.
Probably been hearing about it all her life from her parents to the point she decided to go to earth and get her own
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-21, 17:49   Link #46
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Of that I have no doubt.
Old 2016-08-21, 18:22   Link #47
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Sekai's Japanese, though, and on average, Japanese people are really short, especially compared to their western counterparts.
Yeah I lean to your explanation. But I am just saying anime obviously doesn't have the physical details to help make the distinction.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-21, 19:11   Link #48
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
wtf with that final part with the summon gundam <_<
IIRC it's a homage to JoJo and GaoGaiGar(?). There's a lot of references in this episode from Doraemon to IBO. I can see the anime-crew just let themselves go and have fun in this fillery episode and put the plot on the back burner .
Old 2016-08-21, 20:17   Link #49
xeviouses

I can't help but feel that I've seen that Stand Gundam somewhere though, probably in SD form.
Old 2016-08-21, 20:25   Link #50
Wandering Soul

A bit rushed and a rehash of the final episode of GBF, but it was a fun episode. The action and shipping scenes were enjoyable.

The years have certainly been kind to Aila.
Old 2016-08-21, 20:45   Link #51
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
I can't help but feel that I've seen that Stand Gundam somewhere though, probably in SD form.
It's SDX Golden God Superior Kaiser Gundam IIRC.
Old 2016-08-21, 20:57   Link #52
Zangor17

im seeing various people saying this is the 1st episode and implying there's gonna be more. Is there more planned or are people just confused? also we are getting some kind of special for the original Build fighters too aren't we?
Zangor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-21, 21:17   Link #53
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
A bit rushed and a rehash of the final episode of GBF, but it was a fun episode. The action and shipping scenes were enjoyable.

The years have certainly been kind to Aila.
You make it sound like she's older than she is. She's only 22.
Old 2016-08-21, 21:42   Link #54
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

man, i really don't like Try series. i noticed almost nobody from this OVA, except sekai's hot sister
iirc that silver haired short girl was cool girl type, when did she become just another sekai's moe sexdoll lol
Old 2016-08-21, 21:51   Link #55
Fairy Water

Try seriously is a shame of Gundam series... And they fcking pull a Reiji's daughter? Wtf?

I used to mad if s.o said GBF is for kid entertainment but Try made it clear that it's for teen entertainment with all the stupid fan service.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-21, 21:56   Link #56
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
Try seriously is a shame of Gundam series... And they fcking pull a Reiji's daughter? Wtf?

I used to mad if s.o said GBF is for kid entertainment but Try made it clear that it's for teen entertainment with all the stupid fan service.
GBF is all-age entertainment the toys battle action for kids and all the gundam cameos for old fans. what I really hate about Try is just it's overflowing with shitty moe, harem and fanservice which turned me off, i don't watch gundam for that. also boring characters.
Old 2016-08-21, 22:19   Link #57
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Try seriously is a shame of Gundam series...
No, not even close. Try G-Savior. GBF was only meant as a different series about toys, not super-serious mecha. And even some main-series (Victory and G-Reco, anyone?) have shamed the franchise more than GBFT (not that GBFT ever did).

Quote:
I used to mad if s.o said GBF is for kid entertainment...
Oh the irony. GBF is indeed for kids (with Gundam trivias for the longtime fans, but the show is still for kids in general). It’s written all over the show and advertised as such. Denying GBF for being a kids show is missing the point.

Quote:
but Try made it clear that it's for teen entertainment with all the stupid fan service.
Are you talking about this OVA? If so then looks like somebody didn’t read the memo that this is supposed to be a beach episode (hence the more fanservice). The fanservice in GBFT series itself is more or less on par with GBF. Remember those shots of Aila & Rinko? What about Chinan and Maoh's fantasies? And what about Kirara?
Old 2016-08-21, 22:28   Link #58
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
man, i really don't like Try series. i noticed almost nobody from this OVA, except sekai's hot sister
iirc that silver haired short girl was cool girl type, when did she become just another sekai's moe sexdoll lol
Then why did you even bother watching this if you hate the series?

Quote:

Try is arguably the best damn Gundam series since 00 season 1. And what's the problem with Reiji's brat? I mean, that's what you people wanted, isn't it? More links to the old cast? Hell, the fanboys even got a shot of Aila and a huge implication about her having been back to Earth, but that's just not good enough for some people, is it?

And wow, a minute or so of fairly conservative bikinis on the screen. Oh woe is us. Give me a fucking break, it's just a couple of bikinis and there was barely any focus on it. News flash, people wear swimsuits at the beach.

You're acting like this is fucking DxD with its gratuitous T&A. If you're going to complain about the episode, try finding something a LITTLE more substantial.

If that's your only issue with it, though, quit acting like you didn't like the show then. There's no shame in enjoying it.
Old 2016-08-22, 01:06   Link #59
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Doesn't care much about the battle.

I just came here to say this: SHIA is the best girl. Meow~ Love the comedy in this episode.
You can have her.

Mirai-neesan is all mine. I totally forgot that she also knows Sekai's martial arts from the great Domon-shishou!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-22, 01:56   Link #60
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....

So ... after that ridiculous off topic example of trolling and fanning the flames and baiting and some posters making things worse I have closed the thread and deleted piles of posts.

Thanks to all those who reported the idiocy. In the future, however, to those who did so - please do not feed the trolls.

For now the thread will remain closed to let people cool their heads and will be opened again later on.