AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-24, 00:11   Link #1
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Mahou Sensei Negima! ~Shiroki Tsubasa Ala Alba~ OVA, Expectations and Speculation

This thread is to discuss your expectations on the new Mahou Sensei Negima! ~Shiroki Tsubasa Ala Alba~ OVA due for release over the second half of 2008 and to speculate as to what story elements will be used.

Discussion threads (with poll) will be created when the OVAs have been released (at this time AnimeSuki will consider them as unlicensed) so please use this thread to discuss your expectations of the announced OVAs.

It looks like there's a website for the new 3-part OVA up:
http://negima.kc.kodansha.co.jp/

Looks like first one 6/25, second 9/26, last 12/15? Or are the years and months in the top right starting with 8/2008 the release dates? Sucks not to know kanji...
http://negima.kc.kodansha.co.jp/shouhin.html

Still a long wait either way, but good news...although it looks like Shaft is doing it, the character designs seem a little different, notably they've given Asuna her heterochromia back.

To give credit where it's due, got the link to the website from here:
http://abanzai.animeblogger.net/2008...basa-ala-alba/

Last edited by xris; 2008-06-05 at 13:58. Reason: Added thread intro
Old 2008-04-28, 18:12   Link #2
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

New thread request to discuss the upcoming 3-part OVA. (thread request)

My interpretation is the release dates are 6/25, 9/26, 12/15. I need to look up a couple of characters in those orange boxes, not sure what that's about for the moment.

Asuna looks darling in her outfit naturally and yay for her magical heterochromia. The story description mentions something about a "complete school festival conversion" -- which I'm sure feverish minds might interpret as them animating at least some of the festival's antics.

@4Tran below me: hmmm, let me finish translating some of the sketchier guesses of the description and I'll post it tomorrow (unless someone beats me and then they can have all the glory).

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-04-29 at 02:22.
Old 2008-04-28, 23:07   Link #3
4Tran

A June release is a little bit early, but if you've got some info on the OVA, then sure. If you can write up a good thread starter, I'll touch it up and we can have that new thread.
Old 2008-04-29, 07:00   Link #4
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
My interpretation is the release dates are 6/25, 9/26, 12/15. I need to look up a couple of characters in those orange boxes, not sure what that's about for the moment.[/COLOR]
August, November 2008 and Ferbuary 2009.
They'll go with volume 23, 24 and 25 Limited Edition.

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Higurashi Daybreak Wikia (V)
Old 2008-06-03, 15:26   Link #5
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Trailer's out.

http://www.moetron.com/2008/06/03/ne...a-ova-trailer/

Last edited by DJ_RockmanX; 2008-06-05 at 13:58.
Old 2008-06-03, 20:58   Link #6
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Arg... I'm happy to see more Negima animated, but disappointed at the way they're doing this. What, Negima manga isn't good enough to be faithfully adapted? I just can't understand it at all. The Chao arc was incredibly epic. I WANT MY ANIMATED MARS ATTACKS BATTLE! ;_;

Bah. Well, looking forward to what we can get. =/

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2008-06-05 at 15:16.
Old 2008-06-05, 13:11   Link #7
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

as of yet the ova's (only jugding from the trailer) seems fairly faithfull to the manga
Old 2008-06-05, 16:37   Link #8
Vash002
Ready to Boast

Spoiler for Bricks:
Old 2008-06-05, 17:19   Link #9
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Arg... I'm happy to see more Negima animated, but disappointed at the way they're doing this. What, Negima manga isn't good enough to be faithfully adapted? I just can't understand it at all. The Chao arc was incredibly epic. I WANT MY ANIMATED MARS ATTACKS BATTLE! ;_;

Bah. Well, looking forward to what we can get. =/
akamatsu sensei wanted to do the arc of course but he cant, cause it s too long for an OVA. it s 9 vols long.
Old 2008-06-05, 18:08   Link #10
Asrialys

Funding would probably play a huge deal in animating something like the entire school festival arc. Much of Negi's class gets a part, so they'd have to be paying all the voice actors, even if they don't speak much. Then so much would probably go into animating all the features of the festival and fight scenes. That would require some quality work.

Like I mentioned from the Moetron blog in the Merchandise thread, the coming of a film adaptation (not sure of what though) depends on how many pre-orders there are for manga volume 23 with DVD. Although, I'd prefer a third series...
Old 2008-06-05, 18:32   Link #11
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
akamatsu sensei wanted to do the arc of course but he cant, cause it s too long for an OVA. it s 9 vols long.
Yeah, I know. It wouldn't be too long if it was a whole season like I wish, instead of just OVA, but alas.

Copypasta from the Request thread for completeness:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbypopstarhero View Post
akamatsu sensei posted news regarding the third season and ova's

more info in animemix magazine but should now confirmed as legit

http://www.ailove.net/diaries/diary.cgi
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorKK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Requesting translation. NOW.
How about this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata on AQS
Ken originally want to do the complete festival, but it is impossible for just 3 DVD, and not even just the tournament can fit within that time frame,

He also has some specific moments he likes to be incorporated into the anime, but they are quite disjointed to make one story. They are:

Ch 75: Chacha cosplay and tears
Ch 164-165: Misora confession booth
Ch 35-37: kiss kiss operation
Ch 174: Yuna and dad

So...

Disk #1
A part(176): Forming of Negima, Nagi intel gathering, Asuna vs Makie
B part(177): Battle of white wing badges, summer firework festival, Anya at airport.

Disk #2
A part(178+179): Training camp by the beach, Anya joined Negi and got jealous after "breasts watching".
B part(180): Negi sleep pillow fight

Disk #3
A part(182): Impression before the trip, Negi+Asuna Vs Eva last training, fly off.
B part(183): Summer short compilation, Kaede vs Manna, Paru comiket, etc.

There will be a 30 seconds promo for the "magic world arc".

Also, start work on 210 on the 28th, the fan poll will be announced with it, not the upcoming 209. (I think, either way it is coming.)

Beside comments on the end? of the live drama in general, he also give a brief comment on every single 32 girls (+Negi), (told you it is a BIG update.)

Continue reading the diary, but someone who are better than me in Japanese can have a go at what Ken said about the OAV seiyu and OP, (yes, he did mention the appearance of Kotaro.)
Old 2008-06-06, 05:42   Link #12
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash002 View Post
Spoiler for Bricks:
I want to see Chao's psycommu funnels animated~
Old 2008-06-06, 13:36   Link #13
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

This OAD is very important for fans, if they want a new series:
Quote:
Reports from the Negi no ochakai event today say that Akamatsu has mentioned that there is a possibility of a Negima movie if the preorders for the Negima Ala Alba anime that comes with the LE version of Negima vol. 23 exceeds 50,000, and if it exceeds 100,000 they will consider a 3rd TV series.

To put this in perspective, the only anime DVD that sold more than 100,000 copies in 2007 was Gedo Senki by Ghibli. And 50,000 DVDs sold would be enough to make it into the top 10 best selling anime DVD rankings for 2007.

The number of preorders for the LE version of Negima vol. 22 was 91,500 copies, but that was 840 yen (US$8) while the LE version of vol. 23 is 3,570 yen (US$34) because of the anime DVD.

The counter on the official website for Negima Ala Alba shows the current amount of preorders, which is currently 10,000. And it apparently counts all the preorders from vol. 23, vol. 24, and vol. 25.
I don't remember where I got this news, but it's true!
Do you think that's IMPOSSIBLE!?

IRC Server: Quarknet - Channel: #higurashi or #hidebu - Time: 22:00-1:00 (GMT+7) - Language: Tiếng Việt/English/日本語
Old 2008-06-06, 13:45   Link #14
Vash002
Ready to Boast

Quote:
This OAD is very important for fans, if they want a new series
I just want a Tournament-Chao Arc movie, anime series are destined to fail.
Movie would be awesome ;__;
Old 2008-06-06, 14:18   Link #15
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:

Filthy lies. T_T
Old 2008-06-06, 14:37   Link #16
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash002 View Post
I just want a Tournament-Chao Arc movie, anime series are destined to fail.
Movie would be awesome ;__;
IIRC Akamatsu said that Chao arc require at least 13 episodes... So no Chao-movie.
Old 2008-06-08, 09:07   Link #17
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:

Nearly so. As someone said at Moetron, looks like an excuse to NOT make a third series.

Also, they're blackmailing us to buy or else! How do they dare?
Old 2008-06-13, 00:46   Link #18
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

From the official site, it appears that Akamatsu Ken will be the lead writer on this project ("planning, original draft, and story construction"). I don't believe that this was the case with any previous Negima, was it? Or is it just giving a name to what he did anyway?

I just took a quick look at part of the blog mentioned earlier, and I did see him say that he attended the recording session to greet the performers, and felt the studio was less chaotic than previously: more like a college classroom than a high school classroom, he joked. He praised Ono Daisuke's voice and said that Satou Rina, despite her voice becoming more mature, was even better at Negi than before. He said that hearing the same voices again made him feel great.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-06-13, 22:48   Link #19
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

He doesn't do everything, but with his assistants, it can.
Chao arc flashback and 30s Magic world arc will be examples.

Old 2008-06-13, 22:49   Link #20
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, looks like this OVA will follow LH Again, in the sense that it's closer to the manga than previous anime adaptations. Looking forward to it.