AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-08-27, 02:42   Link #1021
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by console65 View Post
What exactly is Gundam 00I about?
Its a side-story for 00 concerning Innovades. In particular one who was activated by VEDA... and there's another Innovade going around killing other Innovades.
Old 2009-08-27, 04:32   Link #1022
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Its a side-story for 00 concerning Innovades. In particular one who was activated by VEDA... and there's another Innovade going around killing other Innovades.
Has anyone translated it yet? I can't seem to find one.
Old 2009-08-29, 18:38   Link #1023
Oppius
Banned

I heard there is a rumor that there will be new Gundam Seed movie in 2012 to celebrate its 10th anniversary, is that true?
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 18:45   Link #1024
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, there is a Gundam SEED movie in the works, been one, but no one knows when it'll be aired or even if it will be aired.
Old 2009-08-29, 20:01   Link #1025
Rawinder

Fukuda said semi-recently that the movie is still in production, but given the lack of updates on it--plus next year already stacked with Unicorn and the 00 movie--I don't think we'll see the SEED movie until 2011 at the earliest.
Rawinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 21:18   Link #1026
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawinder View Post
Fukuda said semi-recently that the movie is still in production, but given the lack of updates on it--plus next year already stacked with Unicorn and the 00 movie--I don't think we'll see the SEED movie until 2011 at the earliest.
I don't think we'll see it ever. Gundam SEED is really old news nowadays. It's gonna be about 00 and Unicorn for a while now.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 05:58   Link #1027
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I don't think we'll see it ever. Gundam SEED is really old news nowadays. It's gonna be about 00 and Unicorn for a while now.
Seed's got a strong following in Japan even today, so it's not going to go away just yet. Though I do think Sunrise want the focus to be on the 00 movie for now and that's why we haven't heard anything.
Old 2009-08-31, 22:16   Link #1028
X207
Gamyūsa

i have a question on the 00 gundam series models. i have 144 throne drei, i plan to get 144 00 gundam and 144 GNZ-007 gadess when its released. can you actually make the innovator GNZ series stand up without any sort of stand?
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 22:24   Link #1029
kakakka

^ It'll be better if you ask questions about the model in the Gundam Model Thread.

Yes, you can make the Innovator's Models stand. Though, you rarely see them standing alone. They look awkward, standing by their feet.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 22:35   Link #1030
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
^ It'll be better if you ask questions about the model in the Gundam Model Thread.

Yes, you can make the Innovator's Models stand. Though, you rarely see them standing alone. They look awkward, standing by their feet.
thanks, and they probably would look rather weird on their feet. they do seem designed to remain in hover mode/in space.
Old 2009-09-01, 09:08   Link #1031
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Master1995 View Post
Sup guys wats up ?
hi welcome to the forums here. just a little bit of advice, if you want to chat about general stuff then this is the wrong thread. though if you do have any gundam related questions then feel free to ask.
Old 2009-09-04, 18:05   Link #1032
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Now this is a personal question.

I know if you check some of my posts, I generally don't like Gundam SEED/Destiny. But...I've never actually seen the whole series from the first episode of Seed to the last episode of Destiny.

I HAVE seen the first 25 eps of Gundam Seed (it was an impulse buy last summer), and I actually liked it a little bit. It wasn't as bad as some, and my self made it out to be. And I will give credit to some of the mech designs, they are nifty ( I love the GINN).

So my question is this, should I go all the way and finish watching SEED and watch Destiny? Or should I just drop it?
Old 2009-09-04, 18:51   Link #1033
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
I HAVE seen the first 25 eps of Gundam Seed (it was an impulse buy last summer), and I actually liked it a little bit. It wasn't as bad as some, and my self made it out to be. And I will give credit to some of the mech designs, they are nifty ( I love the GINN).

So my question is this, should I go all the way and finish watching SEED and watch Destiny? Or should I just drop it?
The second half of SEED is almost entirely different from the first half. It all depends on what you type of show you are into, but the second half tends to be faster pace and the action scenes tend to be in a grander scale.

On the other hand, if you like the smaller battles and the more character-based arcs of the first half then you might not like the second half as much.

As for Destiny, watch it if you like Seed, because if you don't, then you certainly won't enjoy Destiny either.
Old 2009-09-04, 21:05   Link #1034
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I'll just give it a go, might as well just finish.
Old 2009-09-05, 15:47   Link #1035
kakakka

I think its good to go with both of them to watch.

I heard Destiny has some bad episodes, but its not like you can't skip them (or Fast forward away from "bad stuff")
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 05:41   Link #1036
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Another question. Why is the O-Gundam the only Gundam drawn by Kunio Okawara in 00? Did they outcast him or something? I know they developers brought "new talent" to a new Gundam series, but come on. If it ain't broken, don't fix it, Okawara's designs have never failed in the past. So why change it?
Old 2009-09-06, 05:58   Link #1037
Hellbore

Quote:
Another question. Why is the O-Gundam the only Gundam drawn by Kunio Okawara in 00? Did they outcast him or something? I know they developers brought "new talent" to a new Gundam series, but come on. If it ain't broken, don't fix it, Okawara's designs have never failed in the past. So why change it?
Sunrise have never used just a single designer for the mecha in a show after First Gundam. Okawara was used because the O Gundam is basically a tribute to his RX-78 Gundam in almost every way.

On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
Hellbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 06:13   Link #1038
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbore View Post
Sunrise have never used just a single designer for the mecha in a show after First Gundam. Okawara was used because the O Gundam is basically a tribute to his RX-78 Gundam in almost every way.
But why stop at a simple tribute? He may not do every single suit of every serires, but he certainly does more than one.
Old 2009-09-06, 08:59   Link #1039
Hellbore

Obviously they felt that Ebikawa's designs fit their universe better than Okawara's.

On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
Hellbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 09:05   Link #1040
Ottocycle

Quote:
But why stop at a simple tribute? He may not do every single suit of every serires, but he certainly does more than one.
There will be a time when newer mecha designers will need to come to the fore. Why not do it when he's still around so that the young'uns will have advice to fall back on?

There's the possibility that Gundam will outlive Ookawara after all.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote