AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-12-28, 11:31   Link #1
General_Norris
Ouendan member

Sorry but I'm not your normal main character

We have seen this hundreds of times. The completely normal "everyman", be it Keitaro Urashima, Arthur dent or Kyon, is suddenly faced with a weird situation. Lo and Behold, I ask, What would you do if you were one of those guys? What would you do if you arrived at an island with only girls or if a shinigami appeared in your room?

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Keep the spoilers at minimun please.

Example: Zero no tsukaima

Spoiler:

Last edited by General_Norris; 2006-12-28 at 12:12.
General_Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 12:01   Link #2
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Experiencing many "soap series" clichés in my lifetime, I'm not easily surprised
(9/11 was the first/last time in a long time)

a situation as you described would give met 2 options:
*scratch my head followed by a "wtf?"
*shrug and don't give a damn

but in all cases I'd get the hell outta there
Old 2006-12-28, 12:05   Link #3
kingdom_elladrel
Ayu-ism

If I found myself in such situations, I'll probably act somewhat like Kyon with a bit of Suigintou. My scarcasm levels would increase 100-fold worse than it already is and I'll probably act a little evil, too. Then after that, I'll be "what the hell, screw this." And then be on my way.
kingdom_elladrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 12:12   Link #4
Skullvex

Well I dont think I could do much about the being stuck on an island one except try to get help.

Although if I met somone carrying a sword wearing a black outfit claiming to be a deathgod I would probably just say I agree with them and get away from them, passing them off as a mentaly unstable person with a sword. (which for the record I tend to keep clear of) If it were some kind of monster shinigami like in death note I would be a bit freaked out and leave faster than I would with the first one.
Skullvex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 06:22   Link #5
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

If the situation involved a fairly realistic crisis I'd assess everyone's abilities, take charge and try to get the problem solved. If they happened to all be amazingly well-porportioned ladies I'd do the same, just with a lot more staring when they I think they're not looking.

Now, if I were caught in a magical field where superpowered people were hucking flaming buses at each other, I'd get the hell out of Dodge. I watched JoJo's Bizarre Adventures. I know what can happen to innocent bystanders.

If I'm the center of the insane chaos I'll turn to my religious beliefs and pray. Then I'd likely worry a lot but still manage to get a grip long enough to at lease postpone my death for a while.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 11:42   Link #6
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs View Post
If the situation involved a fairly realistic crisis I'd assess everyone's abilities, take charge and try to get the problem solved.
You're gonna try and take charge of a group of women?
...it's your funeral buddy!

Beautifull women or not, there's a reason why I would get the hell outta there!

Old 2006-12-29, 22:44   Link #7
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Hmm... depends on the situation.

1) If a girl/bloke drops out of the sky (sometimes literally) into your life and loves you unconditionally on the spot:
Bloody hell, lose that damn virginity first chance I get!! Hell, it's not like he/she would mind!! I wrote "/bloke" cos hey, if the bloke in question is as cute as Bridget-Chan (of Guilty Gear), I wouldn't mind!!

2) A Legendary Warrior Comes Into My Life and Offers His/Her Skills In Exchange For My Humanity:
I'll take the offer, without hesitation. A bloke is built to be more stupid, live shorter but dammit fight a lot harder. We blokes are meant to live short but glorious lives and die in an honorable blaze of glory, something that feminism and "political correctness" have castrated us of the right to be entitled to. Admit it if you are a fellow bloke: at an instinctive level, the glorious and fulfilling exhilaration of overcoming your foe far outweighs the hollow, fleeting and frankly (literally) draining pleasure of sexuality. We are built for battle and should be proud of it.

3) Forcibly Transported To A Fantasy World:
Learn the darned language first of all. If situation 1) applies, do as accordingly. Either way, establish a monetary base next and then gain a reputation, through situation 2) if necessary. Hell, I am transported here for a reason, as as there are no repercussions for slaying foes in battle here when I go back to my world, hell I can finally fight as much as I want to!! Yay!!

More To Come Later.
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-30, 04:33   Link #8
Bloodseeker

Nevermind...
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 15:24   Link #9
Skullvex

Ronin Aquila are you saying you want to have sex with a girl, but wouldn't mind a cute man?
Old 2007-01-01, 03:24   Link #10
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullvex View Post
Ronin Aquila are you saying you want to have sex with a girl, but wouldn't mind a cute man?
Love is love. If a person is good, kind, decent and sweet (not necessarily cute, but it helps) why should he/she not be given a chance and be loved for who he/she is, as opposed to be descriminated against for his/her anatomical structure?

Though I have no basis for comparison (IE. Never done it yet) I personally believe the first time should be a warm, loving and affectionate experience. If it has to be with another bloke, well so be it.
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-01, 04:16   Link #11
Lotiman

If I saw a Shinigami, I might freak out. Maybe the same way with the same expression as L in Death Note ep12, if you know what I mean. Arrrrrrrh!
Lotiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-01, 06:34   Link #12
General_Norris
Ouendan member

Some thought fodder:

1) You discovered that someone you know but aren't friends with has special powers. However he/she doesn't know that you know his/her secret. What would you do? Would you stalk him/her? Would you just pass and forget?

2) You can see dead people (ROFL) and talk to them.

3) Suddenly some radom person with special powers (Again) appears in your room and threatens you to stay with you because of some random reason that he/she doesn't wants to tell you. Would you tel him/her to go? Would you tell your parents? Would you try to hide her/him?
General_Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-01, 09:48   Link #13
Skullvex

1) I would want to find out more if I saw them using some sort of power, but I wouldn't go to the stalking level.

2) Become a ghost buster.

3) Wonder about what the world was comming to.

After that was done I would go tell somone that there is some wierdo in my room saying they where going to stalk me for reasons they dont wish to tell me.
Old 2007-01-01, 10:56   Link #14
cyth
Banned

Does any fan of fantasy / supernatural content really have any reason to be afraid and to run away from a deviant event or person? I'm into visual novels and anime because situations found in these media usually don't happen in real life to petty commoners. They offer a retreat from the monotone life we live in. So if I was faced with a choice...

o Ask more about her.
o Run away.

I would embrace the situation and cling to it with all my might.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote