AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-01-19, 16:03   Link #1
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Who is the coolest anime kid in your opinion?

Kid as in 12 or younger. Ah if they age a year or two in the series, that's okay though. Please list your reasons why too.

My vote goes to Akito Hayama (Kodomo No Omocha), hands-down!
Because:
  1. He can bend people to his will by LOOKING at them.
  2. He's acrophobic yet when he jumped off a rafter all he said was "mmph".
  3. He's completely badass, i.e. punching a light bulb and not reacting to the blood, carrying around a knife, taking out an opponent with a single punch, etc.
  4. He stole a first kiss in KINDERGARTEN
  5. He has the ability to figure things out and blackmail adults
  6. He knows how to take advantage of a situation especially when it comes to girls
  7. There's 102 episodes and he spazzed out like two times.
  8. He treats adults as equals. While this may be disrespectful, I think it's awesome xD
  9. He's a genius. A lot of anime children are smarter or ACT smarter than the older characters but this kid really takes the cake!
  10. He has a poker face CONSTANTLY. You can never tell what the boy is thinking.
  11. His dance in the first opening. OMG THAT DANCE *dies laughing*
  12. He's a NORMAL child with no supernatural powers yet has all these cool things about him. This is a very big reason to me. Non-realistic yet realistic at the same time. I've yet to come across another 11-year-old as interesting as Hayama.
Old 2007-01-19, 17:12   Link #2
jedinat

Can't think of just one who stands out all that much in my mind, so I'll just pick one...

Hotaru from Gakuen Alice

1. She's coldly intelligent, even to her best friend
2. Her fanbase includes American plutocrats and Arab royalty
3. She can produce a sarcastic invention on the spot to meet any situation
4. She's a girl of few words and wears a perpetually unperturbed expression

...aaaand, yeah. That's Hotaru.

Last edited by jedinat; 2007-01-19 at 18:13.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 17:18   Link #3
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Deleted...
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots

Last edited by Shay; 2007-01-19 at 17:19. Reason: Older than 12
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 17:29   Link #4
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

#1 = Nanoha
#2 = Fate
#3 = Sakura

Nanoha and Fate are both mature beyond their years, they both have enough power to level cities with little to no fuss, and they're cute. Sakura fits more into the cute and loveable category with less emphasis on the buttkicking, but she's still awesome

Tomoyo also gets an honorable mention for being an evil mastermind who uses her evil mastermind abilities to help her friends rather than actually being evil
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 17:57   Link #5
Anime Online

Hmm, Ruri Hoshino from Martian Successor Nadesico, I guess. Her ability and distant demeanor immediately sets her apart from the rest of the characters. You could say she stole the show after Yurika Misumaru got kidnapped. Last but not least, let's not forget her signature "baka".
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 18:17   Link #6
wao
OK.

It has to be Haruka from Noein!

I love her. She's not completely perfect because she has her 12-year-old sides as well but I really, really admire the fact that she knows what to do when she needs to do it. When in danger - don't stand there like some typical anime heroine, run off and run smart! She's seriously cooler than her counterpart Yuu.
And she's really very uniquely adorable in the way she does things. Not in a sickening way but in the "aw what a nice kid" kind of way, the type of feeling you don't get so often nowadays with real-life kids... Like when she helps out her mother willingly and does the cooking because her mother's too lazy.
And at the same time she's so honestly nice and full of genuine feelings towards her friends.

Despite this near-perfectness she still came across as a rather beliveable character to me.

Totally the best kid 12 years and under I have ever seen in TV anime, I think. Although I think I am also missing out Marco...

I don't know why Loran Cehack was the first candidate that popped up in my mind when I read the thread title, though.
Old 2007-01-19, 19:19   Link #7
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Omg Negi Springfield!!

-the kid is intelligent (becomes a teacher at just 10!)
-Awsome magical abilities and his father is cool!
-funny especially the things he gets into
-serious when it's needed
-Once he sets his mind on something he is very dedicated to it.
-owns probably one of the largest harems in anime history and at just 10!
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 19:32   Link #8
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Omg Negi Springfield!!

-the kid is intelligent (becomes a teacher at just 10!)
-Awsome magical abilities and his father is cool!
-funny especially the things he gets into
-serious when it's needed
-Once he sets his mind on something he is very dedicated to it.
-owns probably one of the largest harems in anime history and at just 10!
I second that and for all the same reasons. However there's one other reason why Negi's my favorite:

He's just so darn cute. I absolutely love his little ponytail and cute glasses--and when you put him in a suit and tie--in my opnion can't get any cuter than that.
LionsMane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 10:19   Link #9
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
It has to be Haruka from Noein! I love her.
Me, too (points to avatar)! Haruka is, as you say, the most believeable anime 12-year-old I've seen in quite some time. I enjoy "plucky girl" characters, and Haruka has quickly become my favorite. She provides a central focus for the viewers' emotions and keeps the show from being just another flashy sci-fi epic. To top it all off, her seiyuu, the novice Kudo Haruka, nails the part. I especially like the way she captures Haruka's matter-of-fact attitude even when the on-screen Haruka is confronting some dark and scary menace. I also don't think it's an accident that she and her anime representation share given names and look alike.

I like a number of other anime kids as well, including Alice in Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu (a really-underappreciated show), Riku in Blood+ (so shamefully abused by the show's writers), and, more recently, To Eigetsu, the 13-year-old who takes first place in the Imperial examinations in Saiunkoku Monogatari.

Hikaru (of Hikaru no Go) and his rival Touya can be fascinating as well, though sometimes they seem too single-minded to be children. (OTOH, prodigy kids in competitive activities like Go or gymnastics probably do need to leave a lot of childhood behind in pursuit of their dreams. One of the saddest parts of HnG is watching Hikaru abandon his childhood friends and pursuits.)

I'd probably need to include Guu in this list, if I thought she really was a human child!

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2007-01-20 at 11:02. Reason: Added material about Kudo Haruka
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 11:18   Link #10
General_Norris
Ouendan member

Dunno.. Ash Ketchum?

Kidding aside I second (third) Negi Springfield. Power+Girls+Intelligence+More girls+Youth+Good guy= Instant win.
General_Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 12:52   Link #11
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
has to be fate imo ~ being only 9 in body she has the mind of a 18 yr old mature and reserved...but also badass and wont hesitate to kick some ass

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 22:53   Link #12
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Fate power. She rarely has opportunity to act childish, but when she does it serves to amplify the extreme earnestness that defines her character.

...how old is Kino, anyway?
Old 2007-01-20, 23:33   Link #13
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Masaru Saiga from Le Cirque De Karakuri, hands down.

His character development is just beautiful. He starts off a whiny, weak pampered boy who's life is constantly in danger due to the huge amount of inheritence he inherited into a mature, brave and courageous young man in a 12 year old's body. And the best part of all is that for all his character improvements, he still retains very believable parts of being a suffering abnormal 12 year old, despite huge leaps in change.

He's just amazing for a 12 year old. He grows alongside those around him, and tries his very best at his limits to help others just as others had helped him not for his money, but for himself. He hides his sadness and guilt of pulling others into his problems with a mask of smile, and yet retains a flaw of being a 12 years old. He characteristically exhumes an aura of excellence while retaining a huge flaw as a child. For all his positive traits that seem adultlike, he can still act spoiled, ignorant of an adult's world, unknowingly touch a sensitive side in others and act as if he's there alone and fearful of isolation.

It's just my own personal opinion, but 12 year olds without flaws of a 12 year old is far from a good character. He's very very far from a perfect character, but for a 12 year old who's growing, coping with losses and forced into a world he doesn't belong to, he's just great. What's a great character without flaws?

Batt was a very cool anime kid as well, even though his coolest moments was in the final volume of Hokuto no Ken, when he's already a full-fledged adult. Those moments of self-sacrifice for the sake of others was just beautifully epic.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 00:27   Link #14
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Tony the Chopper he isnt a kid technically but yeah he rocks . I love the way he swears while accepting the compliment with a blush . kwaiiiii
Old 2007-01-21, 01:16   Link #15
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'd probably need to include Guu in this list, if I thought she really was a human child!

OMG, words of truth! If Guu was human I'd totally include her for being the most awesomest and sarcastic kid ever. But there's no way she could be one.... maybe I'll throw in Hale as a really cool anime kid, because he manages to live through all kinds of random cracked up shit thanks to the crazy adults around him, and, of course, Guu And he also ends up doing all the work around his house rather than his mother...

And I've seen a lot of kids who went into competitive sort of activities from young and they can end up rather one-tracked... Even if it's not a sport but something like school. They get kind of scary as adults >_>
Old 2007-01-21, 01:39   Link #16
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
maybe I'll throw in Hale as a really cool anime kid, because he manages to live through all kinds of random cracked up shit thanks to the crazy adults around him, and, of course, Guu And he also ends up doing all the work around his house rather than his mother...
Hale is a nice enough boy, but too whiny to be considered "really cool" in my humble opinion.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-21, 23:31   Link #17
AndyTran
Over Drive!

Hansel and Gretel from Black Lagoon
Man were those incestious loli twins awesome
AndyTran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 01:43   Link #18
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Takamachi Nanoha is definitely the one I would go with. That girl has plenty of tanacity, dogged determination, uncompromising mentality and is quite a tower of strength to those around her.
Another that I would agree with is Negi Springfield.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2007-01-22 at 02:11.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 03:31   Link #19
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Gash-Chan in Gash bell. He LOVES to become friends with every one and Can shoot these REALLLLLLLLLLLY huge lighting thingiez from his mouth .

On top of that he has an invulnerable friend named Vulcan ( well its a cool toy any ways) .
Old 2007-01-22, 05:03   Link #20
andromeda0201

Kilua from Hunter X Hunter because hes calm while analyzing opponents and lethal+quick when its time for him to attack, also smart and very loyal to friends

Natsume from Gakuen Alice...who has aspects very similar to Akito Hayama from Kodomo no Omocha

and ..Hitsugaya Toushirou from Bleach...no wait, he must be over a 100...
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote