AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-10-29, 18:44   Link #5141
thenightsshadow

Can we look forward to any other Yaku being featured as a superpower? I personally would like to see what ability would be linked with 7 Pairs, though I doubt it'll happen in the team tournament.
thenightsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 23:44   Link #5142
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenightsshadow View Post
Can we look forward to any other Yaku being featured as a superpower? I personally would like to see what ability would be linked with 7 Pairs, though I doubt it'll happen in the team tournament.
There have been hints trickled out (mainly from the ending sequence of ep 25 of the Saki anime) that Teru may have the ability to get the 9 lanterns yakuman move...some have thought that that was the move Awai was referring to in the Saki Achiga Hen anime that Teru said she would try to use in the finals.

But specific yaku? Not sure. For myself the main monster-to-appear I am keeping an eye on at the moment is Nelly from Rinkai, though her speciality seems to be connected more with reading and possibly controlling the game flow, kinda like Jun from Ryuumonbochi only way scarier, it seems.
Old 2014-10-31, 09:12   Link #5143
Chitanda Eru

I hope what Shiraitodai shows at semi-final battle was not all of what they have. For Teru, her power seems not match the champion and her winning streak is not as impressed as Saki always has +/-0. So I expect more from Teru to have the ability of having a Yakuman and will win more points in the final (may be at least 250.000 :">).

And the next player I expect more from Shiraitodai is Shibuya, I wonder can she have a yakuman-streak if she will be the last banker in her match and how Hisa will stop her. In addition, Awaii seems not to be a national monster class since she lost too much points for that stupid Shizuno. Hope Awaii will kill that Shizuno like Koromo did with Ikeda of Kazekoshi.

In my opinion, Ritz overhyped Achiga and ruined Shiraitodai, the level of Achiga was grown too fast and their Lucky is unbelievable, and Ritz made me think that no one of Shiraitodai is as strong as Koromo, even Teru and Awaii.

Finally, for Saki, I hope her flower will overgrow on that ridiculous moutain of that stupide Shizuno @_@. OMG I HATE ACHIGA SO MUCHHHHHHHHH
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 10:32   Link #5144
Bladezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitanda Eru View Post
I hope what Shiraitodai shows at semi-final battle was not all of what they have. For Teru, her power seems not match the champion and her winning streak is not as impressed as Saki always has +/-0. So I expect more from Teru to have the ability of having a Yakuman and will win more points in the final (may be at least 250.000 :">).
Uhh... You remember that Teru's winning streak gained her 100, 000 points right? Before it was stopped.

Quote:
And the next player I expect more from Shiraitodai is Shibuya, I wonder can she have a yakuman-streak if she will be the last banker in her match and how Hisa will stop her.
Actually Ako and Choe are more likely to stop Shibuya's winning streak, plus Ako seems to be the only one who knows about it because of Sera's hint. And Choe and Ako are the one's who will most likely stop it because Ako's play style is all about quick fast hands, and because Choe's hands start with her seat win in it, she'll have an easier time calling tiles then everyone else.

Hisa is unlikely to stop Shibuya, because depending on the hand she draws, it can take a while for her bad waits to take effect. Also she'll most likely be the one giviving Shibuya the extra rounds, because she like's gonig on dea;er streaks.

Quote:
In addition, Awaii seems not to be a national monster class since she lost too much points for that stupid Shizuno. Hope Awaii will kill that Shizuno like Koromo did with Ikeda of Kazekoshi.
Actually Awai lost most of her points to Himeko and Ryuuka, because of their stupid autowin buttons. She actually barely lost anything to Shizuno, Achiga won their semi-finals round because they continuously spent most of the semi-finals in 2nd place. Plus Awai was way to arrogant, she got cocky and ignored Shizu, who you know was trained my a semi-retired pro. So Awai will not be crushing Shizu in the finals, anyhow she'll have to deal with Saki as well as Shizu.

Quote:
In my opinion, Ritz overhyped Achiga and ruined Shiraitodai, the level of Achiga was grown too fast and their Lucky is unbelievable, and Ritz made me think that no one of Shiraitodai is as strong as Koromo, even Teru and Awaii.
Achiga had been training since Nodoka won the middle school championship, and if your argument for them comes based solely off Toki's match against Kuro, Toki's power is broken, and because the red dora are in the game, Kuro's play style becomes predictable. Teru as clearly shown to be Koromo's level, nearly busted another team remember? And Awai was still winning against 2 people who had autowin buttons.

Quote:
Finally, for Saki, I hope her flower will overgrow on that ridiculous moutain of that stupide Shizuno @_@. OMG I HATE ACHIGA SO MUCHHHHHHHHH
Can't help but feel your dislike of Achiga may have clouded your judgement a bit. And for the record it will probably a fair fight in the finals against Saki, Shizu, Awai and Nelly.
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 11:38   Link #5145
thenightsshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezer View Post
Can't help but feel your dislike of Achiga may have clouded your judgement a bit. And for the record it will probably a fair fight in the finals against Saki, Shizu, Awai and Nelly.
If Sawaya ends up having an ability that affects the dead wall in some way, then Usuzan is moving on, not Rinkai. I think we can both agree Himematsu is dead unless Kyouko gains an ability.
Old 2014-10-31, 12:00   Link #5146
atua

Quote:
If Sawaya ends up having an ability that affects the dead wall in some way, then Usuzan is moving on, not Rinkai. I think we can both agree Himematsu is dead unless Kyouko gains an ability.
I don't know, I just get the feeling that the real drama for Side B will be the battle for second between Kiyosumi & Usuzan and that Rinkai will be the clear winner. Because they're the only team shown thus far to have no weak members. Megan managed to hold off Cold Touka last year, and Touka beat a pro, Saki & Koromo in that mode. So how bad could Megan be? And there's Nelly, whose had a lot of foreshadowing. If Rinkai doesn't pass here, I'll call BS.
atua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 13:01   Link #5147
Chitanda Eru

@^: hmm Cold Touka is really strong, but I think Saki & Koromo weren't full power at that match. Anyways, Touka always compare herself to Nodoka, so due to Touka has cold mode, I hope Nodoka will have another mode too, such as Dark Nodochi or something like that, it will be more interesting, especially in the match with Megan :">, Nodoka's match seem little bored at all.

I agree that Rinkai will pass this semi because if not, with the level of yuuki, kuro and the player from Usuzan I think the final battle will end in the vangaurd match due to Teru . There must be a high-level player to stop Teru before she crush the other. However, if vice-captain and captain of Usuzan is strong enough to take back what they lost (it's definitely occured) due to their 3 first players, Usuzan still has the chance to go to the final. And if it's true, hope that the fast style of yuuki can prevent the points of someone will go under zero.

p/s: Hope that Saki will beat the 2 others national monsters to take the first place in the semi :">, she deserves to be the next inter high champion
Old 2014-10-31, 20:12   Link #5148
King-Slayer

Saki has no excuse as she had her socks off. Koromo has a little bit of an excuse since it probably wasn't a full moon. Can't say they weren't going all out either because that undercuts the whole point of a training camp.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 21:25   Link #5149
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
... Hope that Saki will beat the 2 others national monsters to take the first place in the semi :">, she deserves to be the next inter high champion
I have thought for many years now that Saki will go crazy and trounce everyone in a couple different places, like she did in the last match shown in the Saki Zenkoku adaptation (man, I was literally on the edge of my seat and almost trembling with excitement in the second half of ep 11 when Saki took over everything).

Firstly in the team finals, where she will likely face off directly against Teru at last. I have a feeling Saki will go "last boss" mode in the last team match and defeat everyone, including Shiraitodai, and that when Teru sees that something in her will become even angrier and will desire to face her younger sister head on.

Then the individuals finals will eventually occur, and Saki will find herself facing against Teru and two other unlucky players who are likely to nonetheless also be absurdly freakish opponents - like Jindai in full god-descended mode and possibly Arakawa). That match will be the true culmination of the entire Saki franchise I am guessing, and Saki will finally be able to "talk to her sister through mahjong" and they will reconcile.

I have had a nagging suspicion that one possible route the mangaka might take is for Saki to retire from team or even pro mahjong circles and matches after she and her sister reconcile, and she and her sister become a sort of legend story wise in the history of the game.

But then again, it is all guessing. ^^
Old 2014-10-31, 21:47   Link #5150
Chitanda Eru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
I have thought for many years now that Saki will go crazy and trounce everyone in a couple different places, like she did in the last match shown in the Saki Zenkoku adaptation (man, I was literally on the edge of my seat and almost trembling with excitement in the second half of ep 11 when Saki took over everything).
And she both got +/-0 and the first place at that match even without taking off her socks. She is not the player of winning too much points but enough to be the winner :">. That's make her dangerous ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post

I have had a nagging suspicion that one possible route the mangaka might take is for Saki to retire from team or even pro mahjong circles and matches after she and her sister reconcile, and she and her sister become a sort of legend story wise in the history of the game.
OMG, I hope not, Saki loves Mahjong and she has Nodoka who loves mahjong too

Last edited by Chitanda Eru; 2014-10-31 at 22:17.
Old 2014-11-03, 01:57   Link #5151
Nihilanth

My personal belief regarding the denouement of the manga is that in the team tournament, Kiyosumi will win, enabling Nodoka to stay at her school, although she'll presumably resume contact with her old friends, and that Saki will get Teru's attention by pulling through, possibly causing Teru to confront her and reveal her past. Then they will face each other in the individuals, possibly also playing against Kei and Satoha (ranked #2 and 3 last year, if I'm not mistaken), and Saki will win, or otherwise get through to Teru. The series will then end with Kiyosumi prepared to go into the tournament next year, with Hiroko from Nodoka's old middle school set to replace Hisa.
Nihilanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 22:20   Link #5152
thenightsshadow

I see Achiga winning it via dealer-order tie for some reason.
Old 2014-11-05, 14:47   Link #5153
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

Quote:
I see Achiga winning it via dealer-order tie for some reason.
I could almost accept it if the match is well done and on three condition.
-Saki is the one who win the most point overall as a player.
-Shizu is personally in the negative points
-The one who tie with Achiga is Kiyosumi. ( Bonus if it is with Saki doing something that should be a double Yakuman or more, Double Bonus if Shizu pay the lion share. )
Old 2014-11-05, 18:41   Link #5154
Bladezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragment off View Post
I could almost accept it if the match is well done and on three condition.
-Saki is the one who win the most point overall as a player.
-Shizu is personally in the negative points
-The one who tie with Achiga is Kiyosumi. ( Bonus if it is with Saki doing something that should be a double Yakuman or more, Double Bonus if Shizu pay the lion share. )
Thing is Achiga is probably the most balanced wise of all the teams, only Kuro has a weak defense, and that's mainly because of the red dora in the game. The red dora may only be present to stop Kuro from being as broken as Toki.

Shizu will possibly still have positive points remember Shizu is still good she just isn't Mariu/Teru level.

Doubt that it would be something that would be a double Yakuman, Saki would know better then to aim for that. Most likely she'll do four melded kans in the finals.
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 00:59   Link #5155
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezer View Post
Thing is Achiga is probably the most balanced wise of all the teams, only Kuro has a weak defense, and that's mainly because of the red dora in the game. The red dora may only be present to stop Kuro from being as broken as Toki.

Shizu will possibly still have positive points remember Shizu is still good she just isn't Mariu/Teru level.

Doubt that it would be something that would be a double Yakuman, Saki would know better then to aim for that. Most likely she'll do four melded kans in the finals.
I doubt Shizu will have positive points, in each match we saw her she was in the negative. Being in the posit now would just not do.
Remember that as you said she may not Be Teru even Mairu level but Saki and whoever she bring with her Will at least be Mairu Level and Awai will probably not make the same mistakes .

As for team, Rinkai is for now showing itself to be much better.

Achiga is only balanced because they are all around the same level with Ako and Arata being the most versatile while Kuro is a Glass cannon.
Yuu and Shizu come in between even with their respective ability.

Really when Shizu use her ability I see her being much like Kasumi in defense mode mixed with Hisa. She don't earn much points unless she wait deep into the wall, but don't lose to much either ( unless she get caught in others trap witch she often do at the start of the game)

However none of them come close to the best players on their respective places. Sure they are not Bad and merits their place among the top 10 but their whole strategy is based around winning point little by little each round while the other fight it out. The problem is that apart from the vice-captain match I don't see them doing anything but lose point little by little.

Just Look.

There are two posibility ( In fact more but I just don't see Himematsu going to the final or Kiyasumi not going)

The first is thus : Shiraitodai, Kiyosumi, Achiga and Rinkai.

-Vanguard: Teru, Yuuki, Kuro, Satoha.
Teru will be in positive and Satoha may manage to be too. Yuuki though, I see her as the last.
Here Kuro just doesn't stand a chance to get into the positive, the best she can hope is to not loose too much.

-Sergeant : Sumire, Mako ,Yuu ,Hao.
Hao will most likely be first with the other following not far behind. The score should change a lot here.
For Yuu, with Sumire being wise of her and Mako probably more on her guard because of Hao she should end with slight negative to slight positive.

-Lieutenant : Takami, Hisa, Ako, Myon Fa.
??? Seriously this could go everywhere.
I just KNOW that Ako will not be in the positive. With two Yakuman makers at the table and an interdiction to make repeat it is just not possible unless she go for Limit hands which she never do.
However Takami seem to suck at defense, but she may not have gone all out like Sumire said , so... slight posit to slight negat.
Knowing Hisa she will probably be in Slight Nega to slight positive.
First place should go to Myon Fa.

- Vice captain : Seiko, Nodoka, Arata, Megan.
My opinion on this match entirely depend on what Nodoka and Megan will show in their show off. However Arata is good an versatile enough to be in positive here.

Either way I think this is The game which will decide who the real winners are.

At least it should if we didn't have those freaks in the captain match.

-Captain: Awai, Saki, Shizuno, Nelly. Welcome to WTF-land.

More seriously, I can't say until I see what Nelly is capable of.
I just know that out of the four Shizuno is the only player who as been shown to suck at gathering point.
If they are in first place when the last Hanchan start I can see Shizuno hanging in there, but otherwise no. Shizu just isn't cut out for that. Even if her power could boost her luck and totally cut out the Abilities of the other tree, they are also better players than her
( Yes, even Awai. It was shown when she was not using the double-richii that she can be pretty good, she just as an even bigger Kasumi syndrome)

That was the first Possibility.

The second wherein Usuzan would Pass alongside Kiyosumi would actually be much more entertaining once passe the vanguard game.

-Vanguard: Teru, Yuuki , Kuro, Naruka.

Here Teru as an even wider margin, but the damage for Both Yuuki and Kuro should paradoxically be smaller.

-Sergeant : Sumire, Mako ,Yuu ,Chikako.
With Yuu already aware of her ability and Mako's ability tailor made to strain it Sumire will probably try to target Chikako. Yuu and Mako probably will have to play it fast and well to stop Chikako from dying.
I think Mako Will probably be in the positive until she get hit by Sumire's arrow on the last turn, putting both of them around the same score they stared and letting Yuu ahead. Chikako will probably have won some point or at least not lost too many.

--Lieutenant : Takami, Hisa, Ako, Yuan.
With Takami wanting to have her Yakuman on first try I see her playing purposefully in Yuan's hand while she is dealer, giving her small points.
Ako and Hisa don't have the choice this time, They won't hit Yuan to make sure she has more points than a Direct hit Yakuman can take.
In the end it boil down to a match between Hisa and Ako to rank point in while avoiding dealer repeats.

-Vice captain : Seiko, Nodoka, Arata, Maya.
Same as first possibility. It entirely depend on what Maya and Nodoka show now. However with the apparent limitation Maya has, Arata will most likely end first if Seiko can't show more than she have.

-Captain: Awai, Saki, Shizuno, Sawaya. Welcome to WTF-land 2eme version.
This time I don't have a flying clue about what Sawaya can do but she will have too hard a slope to climb to take first place and probably won't be able to pull the Miracles she did in Semi ( That's the only way Usuzan can pass Rinkai after all)
However you have to notice that this time it could be possible for Shizuno to be first place when she start and get my scenario ( Yep i did all that just to point it out )

Ps: Shizu is just lucky she don't go against Yuuki.
Old 2014-11-06, 08:35   Link #5156
Chitanda Eru

For me, If Ritz overhypes Achiga and ruins the other again, Achiga can take the first place
Achiga <<< Senriyama in the quarter
Achiga <<< Mihoko, Ikeda, Momo ... and all the other from Nagano before the Semi. And after 1 day of battling with Nagano's Players and some monster-players, they can overtook Shiraitodai --> That's a big Joke.
Old 2014-11-06, 13:41   Link #5157
King-Slayer

Spoilers out. Aside from the Cowboy cliché, its kinda cool and Nodoka's sexy.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 14:54   Link #5158
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

Quote:
For me, If Ritz overhypes Achiga and ruins the other again, Achiga can take the first place
Achiga <<< Senriyama in the quarter
Achiga <<< Mihoko, Ikeda, Momo ... and all the other from Nagano before the Semi. And after 1 day of battling with Nagano's Players and some monster-players, they can overtook Shiraitodai --> That's a big Joke.
I thought that too at first. And I still agree that Ritz underwhelmed Shiraitodai. But when I look back on it an Achiga and Senriyama are not that far apart.

Toki>>>> Kuro.
Izumi<<<Yuu
Sera>=Ako
Hiroko=<Arata
Ryuuka >> Shizuno

The only player in Senriyama I felt they Ritz Purposefully dumb down in the semi was Ryuuka. As it was proven by Satoha in the main manga and by the one hand she did right, you don't need bullshit last second power to do well when you are at that level.
She is North Osaka best scorer ( better than Arakawa Kei ) She should not have needed the fairy Toki.

Now shiraitodai, I still give them the benefice of the doubt.
-Sumire Willfully fell into Yuu's trap. Had she been really trying to win she would probably have only made Tsumo and targeted Izumi from the start.
-Takami did not seem to play for anything but getting her Yakuman.
- Seiko... I hope she can be better but I take her as being the token weak link in a region with not that many great player. She is a new player in the team so it is a token that she could not be on the same level as before.
-Awai is not that bad, she is just overly cocky and overuse her offensive power which give her glaring weakness .
Old 2014-11-06, 17:52   Link #5159
forestfairy

What happened with Shiraitodai makes sense plot wise. Ritz is saving their full potential for the finals, not only as players but as characters. Notice how they didn't get much development in the spin-off besides exposition of their abilities, and the blatant way they got obstacles in every round (You guys have mentioned this before; the tell, no whu whu wee or last dealer trick..)

Granted they won't play around in the finals. And likely they will share the main focus with Kiyosumi. Let's not forget also how the main emotional conflcit is building up.Things between Saki and Awai can get personal. That rooftop scene was key as we saw Teru finally opening up to someone and Awai shifted her attention from Shizuno to Saki. There's also an apparently dead girl who looks very similar to her.

So I think the team that might take Kiyosumi's victory is Shiratodai. Achiga is a decent team but I doubt they'll as lucky as they were in the semifinals. Only main characters get away with stuff like the tell and clearly they aren't the mains this time. Add that they are about to face Shiraitodai in serious mode and most likely Rinkai. It doesn't look pretty for them at all.
forestfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 08:22   Link #5160
Chitanda Eru

New chapter raw is out, hope that at least Nodoka won't make Kiyosumi drop to the last place. However, if it's real, Saki will take the first place anyway

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri