AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-10, 18:30   Link #2241
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
*Ecstatic Reaction*
I was wondering why you didn't show up when things went down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Once again dniv. You fail to disappoint with your reaction.

I swear I was keeping a close watch on the anniversary website because I knew that Announcement #9 would be revealed (gut feeling) on that day.

I literally saw the site being updated and was within the first 50 people to watch it and break the news!

It was fun to see everyone lose their minds!
The brains of Kamachi fans everywhere exploded. If it wasn't for the fact that everyone else in the house was sleeping, I would have been screaming and squee-ing in joy.
Old 2014-09-10, 18:36   Link #2242
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Once again dniv. You fail to disappoint with your reaction.

I swear I was keeping a close watch on the anniversary website because I knew that Announcement #9 would be revealed (gut feeling) on that day.

I literally saw the site being updated and was within the first 50 people to watch it and break the news!

It was fun to see everyone lose their minds!
It was a long wait. Because I was expecting it on the 9th or the 8th like the last two months. Was worth it though.
Old 2014-09-10, 19:10   Link #2243
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
I was wondering why you didn't show up when things went down.

The brains of Kamachi fans everywhere exploded. If it wasn't for the fact that everyone else in the house was sleeping, I would have been screaming and squee-ing in joy.
It was during the day, and I *almost* did just that. I managed not to and just sat at the screen typing with a huge grin on my face. That was the best I've felt in a while. Seeing that culmination of his work probably also means a lot to Kamachi.
Old 2014-09-10, 19:25   Link #2244
omega253

Quote:
It was during the day, and I *almost* did just that. I managed not to and just sat at the screen typing with a huge grin on my face. That was the best I've felt in a while. Seeing that culmination of his work probably also means a lot to Kamachi.
It surely does. But what's even more surprising is getting his newest LN's characters animated (for a few seconds) just as the first volume is being released.

That's gotta be a new record for an LN or something. At this rate, if Kamachi's other works are animated, there might just need to be a sub-forum for his work alone.
Old 2014-09-10, 21:07   Link #2245
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I think Trigger Happy End's Debi had an appropriate manga panel reaction to the PV:

Images
reaction
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

As for me, I started smiling when Heivia and Quenser were animated. I had a spit take moment when Thor, Othinus and Marian appeared.
Old 2014-09-10, 22:43   Link #2246
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
I think Trigger Happy End's Debi had an appropriate manga panel reaction to the PV:

Images
reaction

As for me, I started smiling when Heivia and Quenser were animated. I had a spit take moment when Thor, Othinus and Marian appeared.
I still have only read Index by him. It was only once it got to some of the other characters that I indeed realized that it was referring to all of his stuff, and that's why it took Othinus-chan to make me realize it was real!
Old 2014-09-11, 02:46   Link #2247
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Quote:

Images
reaction

I think that was the general reaction of everyone who has read the novels. Othi-chan had me the most excited.
Old 2014-09-11, 05:30   Link #2248
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:

Images
reaction

It took me investigating some people's reactions before I took my own initiative to see what's going on.

All these other characters from the other series coming to life in animated form on screen got me more than just giddy.

Liked that Waltraute-san scene when she took off on the Bifrost taking Index and Jack to Academy City.

But yeah... putting Othinus and co. on-screen was a bit stretching it I guess.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2014-09-11, 06:17   Link #2249
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
You, together with Requiem X who made me look for this video are the best people ever alive. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. That video was cool and all and I was enjoying it, because I initially thought it was a masterfully done AMV. And then I saw... things out of place... and was like... what?! And then I saw GREMLIN AND OTHINUS! OTHINUS! THOR! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was an AMV of how everything could look animated. This was in itself a very amazing treat that I enjoy and it basically told me that yes, I do want to see more of this stuff animated at all costs, and I also hope that this is a sign that we may indeed see more of Kamachi's stuff animated in the future. Now I'm also hoping for Index III!!! OMG. OMG. OMG.

That part with Othinus and Thor though... ... ... (I don't remember the other one... was that Marian? ( I wasn't paying attention. ) That was so epic. My hype levels just went up by like a billion times. OH I love this series. This made me month right here. That was fabulous. The best news I have heard in like forever. This with everything else we are getting is just a win.

I'm the happiest related to this series that I've probably ever been. That was beautiful, just beautiful.

Now, that made lots of the waiting worth it, because they were spending some of it working on this thing. I applaud them there. They also changed the website apparently. I don't know what announcement 10 will be, but I am expecting something large, possibly with multiple parts. I am now prematurely satisfied and excited.

That was an instant win.
Sorry guys, but if it's not Index III i just can't get excited. Guess I'm just too burned out to appreciate his other works.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
Old 2014-09-11, 08:14   Link #2250
whitecloud

as much as im ecstatic about index 3, im more leaning to heavy object since its the only one that have proper VA aside from index and railgun cast...even though here im hoping they animate zashiki warashi and an ova for waltraute ( man can dream...)
Old 2014-09-11, 08:17   Link #2251
The One Above God
Kamijou

Plot twist:
Spoiler for 10th announcement:

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
Old 2014-09-11, 08:24   Link #2252
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
Plot twist:
If there is an Index reboot I'd love it and hate it at the same time. I love Index but I've already seen the first two seasons worth of material. I don't want to wait to get to the parts with which I'm not familiar. That's 48 episodes of material, and yes, I know that what we've got so far has left stuff out/switched it around/whatever, but damn, that's almost a whole year of material. I'd just get burned out again.

I wonder how many episodes the entire original novel series would need to be sufficiently covered?

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
Old 2014-09-11, 08:24   Link #2253
LevelSeven

Quote:
Plot twist:
do you mena with reboot that they will make the first wo seasons AgaiN
but i want index 3 with kakine, i dont want to see another reboot like by dbz

Quote:
I wonder how many episodes the entire original novel series would need to be sufficiently covered?
if we assume that, one volume = 5 episodes (which is long because only the saihaseisai arc was s long and it had two volums)
than we would need to WW3, 9*5= 45 episodes, (if they strech it and make a few arc longer, we would gain 48 episodes for OT..

so, we would have 4 seasons which will be for OT...
and 50 episdes, which means: two seasons until NT10....

Index is worth (if they stretch it) 4 more season with 24 episodes, 96 episodes
Old 2014-09-11, 08:25   Link #2254
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
I think that's the general consensus.

Quote:
Plot twist:
There. Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacBeast View Post
If there is an Index reboot I'd love it and hate it at the same time. I love Index but I've already seen the first two seasons worth of material. I don't want to wait to get to the parts with which I'm not familiar. That's 48 episodes of material, and yes, I know that what we've got so far has left stuff out/switched it around/whatever, but damn, that's almost a whole year of material. I'd just get burned out again.

A lot. We have 9 more volumes of OT. Then 10 Volumes of NT. Then, 6 Necessary SS Volumes...assuming 4 episodes per volume (on average), that would be a bare minimum of 100 episodes.
Old 2014-09-11, 08:30   Link #2255
The One Above God
Kamijou

Quote:

Hey, if they're going to reboot it, then the possibility of the first two seasons' materials taking more than 48 episodes is really high. If they animate all of OT without skipping some parts (especially Kamijou's monologues and inner thoughts) then they're definitely going to reach beyond 100 episodes.

Anyway, once they finish OT, I wonder how they're going to hype Kamijou's return in NT? I'm thinking that, maybe, once they finish animating OT, they will release NT1 as a movie then release NT anime starting from NT2 onwards months after.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
Old 2014-09-11, 09:39   Link #2256
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Quote:
Covering everything faithfully from vol.1 of OT to vol.10 of NT and the side-stories (excluding the spin-offs) should take about 200-300 episodes.
Old 2014-09-11, 09:45   Link #2257
whitecloud

you might as well ask them to do a long run...just like hunterxhunter
Old 2014-09-11, 09:47   Link #2258
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I think they'd just continue it. And I'd like they just continue it rather than do silly reboots. It also doesn't seem feasible at all.

I'm assuming we're not getting all SS animated.
S3 - 14-SS2-19
S4 - 20, 21, 22, NT1, NT2, NT3, NT4
Old 2014-09-11, 09:51   Link #2259
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
I think they'd just continue it. And I'd like they just continue it rather than do silly reboots. It also doesn't seem feasible at all.

I'm assuming we're not getting all SS animated.
S3 - 14-SS2-19
S4 - 20, 21, 22, NT1, NT2, NT3, NT4
Season 4? D...damn.

I don't think they'd mix NT in with the last of the original novels. They'll probably try to squeeze 14 through 22 into one season. I dunno about SS material.

Old 2014-09-11, 09:52   Link #2260
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

They could make movies for WW3, since it deserves to be in movie quality.

Tags
fantasy, science fiction, shounen