AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-27, 17:37   Link #1501
Ponko

Alright, thank you. I think I will work with the assumption that he needs it for the pile drive attack in my story since that makes the most sense to me.

Thank you for your time Macbrother, Hideki Keiji and socomberetta.
Old 2004-10-27, 17:59   Link #1502
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Your story involves Rock Lee and a piledriver?
Old 2004-10-27, 18:37   Link #1503
Ponko

^^; Sort of, I guess if that is what the lotus most closely resembles. I do not really know many wrestling terms.
Old 2004-10-27, 22:30   Link #1504
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbrother
The confusion stems from the fact that Lee never makes a statement or acknowledgement of when he releases the limiter on the Open Gate, and therefore the answer you are looking for is at best an educated guess. I based mine on the fact that when Gai explains the gate release for Secondary Lotus, it shows Lee just beginning to start the massive downward spiral with Gaara, and I think it's only for that massive acceleration that you need to open the first gate, as quite frankly I don't think using a combo to propel someone upward is all that impressive given the nature of the anime. He wasn't even remotely or even showed signs of tire or injury against Sasuke when he was "preparing" to use the Renge, so it's highly, highly unlikely he opened a gate there.
The initial gate is opened before the opening kick which leads to the spin. I believe this is the case based on Sasuke's curse seal activating in his fight against Yoroi, after performing the exact kick he received from Lee during their fight before the first test. From then on he had to improvise his own finishing move since he didnt get a chance to see Lee finish the Lotus. The only way the curse seal could have been activated is if Sasuke relied on using chakra, which is what is needed to open the gates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideki Keiji
Lee did not open a gate against Sasuke, he did that with his own strength.
How else would you explain Sasuke's curse seal opening as a result of performing the kick he copied from Lee during their previous encounter?
Old 2004-10-27, 22:58   Link #1505
Macbrother
The mac

Send a message via AIM to Macbrother
It could have opened due to his heightened emotions, or he could've be using chakra keeping pace and flying through the air like he was, there's nothing which says he had to open a gate there.
Old 2004-10-27, 23:10   Link #1506
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Perhaps Sasuke can't control the seal (much like how Anko's suddenly re-appeared)...or...maybe - just maybe - Sasuke wasn't as physically strong as Lee?
Old 2004-10-27, 23:49   Link #1507
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbrother
It could have opened due to his heightened emotions, or he could've be using chakra keeping pace and flying through the air like he was, there's nothing which says he had to open a gate there.
Sasuke said that the curse seal reacts to his chakra. I dont remember him saying anything about his emotions.

Before the kick that launched Yoroi, Sasuke had most of his chakra absorbed by him, so I dont see how Sasuke was able to kick Yoroi 50 ft in the air, follow him and perform the Lion Combo, without having a source to get it from. By unlocking the inital gate, he would have access to the extra chakra.

Also, its pointed out by Gai after Sasuke's match that he copied part of the Initial Lotus, and later during Lee's match with Gaara, Kakashi says that the Initial Lotus is done by opening the first gate. So, unless Kakashi is wrong, which I doubt, Sasuke did open the first gate prior to the kick to Yoroi's face, and the chakra he used to force the gate open caused the curse seal to open.
Old 2004-10-28, 00:18   Link #1508
Hideki Keiji

Yes, you are wrong. Lee states that he was not going to use the 'reverse' version on Sasuke. Chapter 38.
Old 2004-10-28, 01:02   Link #1509
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideki Keiji
Yes, you are wrong. Lee states that he was not going to use the 'reverse' version on Sasuke. Chapter 38.
The version I have, has Lee saying he wasnt planning to use the other one. But in any case, the Initial Lotus is a combo which begins with the opening of the Inital Gate which allows the body to use more than 20% of muscle power, which they use to launch the enemy into the air then they finish it off with the spin. Also, thanks for pointing that chapter out to me. Seeing Gai in that ridiculous pose was a riot.

I made a mistake in my previous posts when I stated that Sasuke used chakra to help launch Yoroi...It wasnt chakra...it was just muscle power. He only used chakra to release the gate. Sorry about that.
Old 2004-10-28, 05:26   Link #1510
sakura-san
Lee is such a player...

This may be a stupid question...

im kind of confused, is Morimo Ibiki a chuunin or a jounin????
becuz in the early episodes i think they said he was a chuunin, then Aoi said he needed a "konoha" jounin to decifer the forbidden scroll? or is this a whole in the filler..
Old 2004-10-28, 05:55   Link #1511
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-san
This may be a stupid question...

im kind of confused, is Morimo Ibiki a chuunin or a jounin????
becuz in the early episodes i think they said he was a chuunin, then Aoi said he needed a "konoha" jounin to decifer the forbidden scroll? or is this a whole in the filler..
He's currently a special jounin.
Leaf Assasination Squad, Torture and Interrogation Captain.
Old 2004-10-28, 09:38   Link #1512
Macbrother
The mac

Send a message via AIM to Macbrother
Quote:
Sasuke said that the curse seal reacts to his chakra. I dont remember him saying anything about his emotions.
Right, which may or may not be correct. When the cursed seal started to release and take over, Sasuke, knowingly not using any chakra is surprised that it's being released and says "damnit, it's coming out at the worst time." That leads me to believe that reacting to chakra is one possible way, or, it may simply be uncontrollable and react to emotions as well, or simply nothing at all. There's simply zero indication he used a gate there, in fact we weren't even introduced to gates at that point, they weren't explained until later.

Quote:
Also, its pointed out by Gai after Sasuke's match that he copied part of the Initial Lotus, and later during Lee's match with Gaara, Kakashi says that the Initial Lotus is done by opening the first gate. So, unless Kakashi is wrong, which I doubt, Sasuke did open the first gate prior to the kick to Yoroi's face, and the chakra he used to force the gate open caused the curse seal to open.
The initial (or secondary) Lotus is in fact the pile driver, which I said you had to use the gate on, so Kakashi is not wrong about that. What you and I are referring to are the initial kick and push off, which I do not believe requires, and which we have zero indication of (except against Gaara where he got hurt) requiring a gate to achieve.
Old 2004-10-28, 13:41   Link #1513
brixna

Send a message via MSN to brixna
Rock lee or lee rock? which is the first name?

I've been searching a lot, but i still haven't found the answer of this question:

Rock / Lee: which one's the first name? O_o
Old 2004-10-28, 13:45   Link #1514
lotus_lee

My guess is it's Lee. You hear Gai say just 'Lee' when he's with him.
Old 2004-10-28, 13:50   Link #1515
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by brixna
I've been searching a lot, but i still haven't found the answer of this question:

Rock / Lee: which one's the first name? O_o
Lee is the first name because

1. In japan it's typical to place the last name before the first name
2. Lee is always introduced as Rock Lee
3. thus first name = Lee, Last name = Rock
Old 2004-10-28, 13:52   Link #1516
kboykb

It's strange to me that the reverse name usually sounds better than the first name last name

Lee Rock? Hajime Saitoh? Naruto Uzumaki?
Old 2004-10-28, 13:53   Link #1517
70zZz28
70 Z28

Send a message via AIM to 70zZz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 70zZz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kboykb
It's strange to me that the reverse name usually sounds better than the first name last name

Lee Rock? Hajime Saitoh? Naruto Uzumaki?
yes yes..it does sound alot better..and as far as i know..rock lee's first name is LEE..
Old 2004-10-28, 14:37   Link #1518
joewright91
Survivor of the Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70zZz28
yes yes..it does sound alot better..and as far as i know..rock lee's first name is LEE..

Maybe it is because you are used to hearing the name the proper way round
Old 2004-10-28, 14:46   Link #1519
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
The only person in Naruto that I've seen with the name the "right way" (first name first, last name last) is Dosu Kinuta.
All the others have the last name before the first name... strangely.
Old 2004-10-28, 15:24   Link #1520
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Not only Dosu but his two comrades as well.
Closed Thread