AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-23, 22:44   Link #4121
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
IIRC, Melqart commented that v-san couldn't use 2 forms at once, and v-san was wounded badly when he forge 2 swords at the same time in vol 3. The limitation in unleashing the authorities might be unremovable, but just like with the help from kusanagi no tsurugi, with more mastery, he might be able to combine 2 form at once with less aftereffect, or maybe use the youth form without the need to kiss just like the original v-san(the original only need his opponent to recognize him as god to use the youth on the opponent).
The limitations on his authorities are removable, but only in unique circumstances, not by 'mastery' of his powers or training--
Spoiler for vol 10:

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-09-23 at 23:10.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 22:58   Link #4122
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

im beginig to think that the restrictions are due to their own personalities
Old 2012-09-23, 23:03   Link #4123
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Training is useless for a campione, just like what alec mentioned. The only way for him to master the authorities is by battling god in various situations even more. What I mean by mastery is on how he use the authority, and lessening of side effect such as the pain and inability from the raptor, or even further reduction in ram revival time(this one seems to be almost maxed out already) or maybe even a larger area from which he can take life force when using the goat form, not further strengthening of his power.

As for v-san, from what I gather, the reason he's undefeatable is the extreme adaptability of his 10 forms, which is I think where his chant come from. Of course there might be some incompatible power that might make v-san have a hard fight, but with the adaptability of his power, v-san will somehow find a way toward victory.

What I'm afraid with adding more authority for Godou is, the author might fall in the trap of keep adding power to him instead of adding his creativity in using his current authority to defeat the enemy like what he has done so far.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 00:01   Link #4124
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Training is useless for a campione, just like what alec mentioned. The only way for him to master the authorities is by battling god in various situations even more. What I mean by mastery is on how he use the authority, and lessening of side effect such as the pain and inability from the raptor, or even further reduction in ram revival time(this one seems to be almost maxed out already) or maybe even a larger area from which he can take life force when using the goat form, not further strengthening of his power.

As for v-san, from what I gather, the reason he's undefeatable is the extreme adaptability of his 10 forms, which is I think where his chant come from. Of course there might be some incompatible power that might make v-san have a hard fight, but with the adaptability of his power, v-san will somehow find a way toward victory.

What I'm afraid with adding more authority for Godou is, the author might fall in the trap of keep adding power to him instead of adding his creativity in using his current authority to defeat the enemy like what he has done so far.
The reason why he was undefeated was also because he can use the warrior form freely--more or less because he already has knowledge of most his opponents. If I am correct, gods in general have divination powers that are greater than even Yuri's.Like I said,however, Verethragna isn't invincible. If the goddess from vol 13 fought him, he would have been k.oed instantly.
Old 2012-09-24, 00:34   Link #4125
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well,v-san lose against a human after all so obviously he isn't invincible lol. But, I always feel that even if v-san's warrior form is sealed, he will still find a way to win, probably by using goat or stallion form, and maybe add his opponent as companion due to his youth form charisma. Well, it might be me overestimating him though because in my mind, a god of victory must not lose even if he has to die after achieving victory lol. A god of victory who can't achieve victory is like a god of harvest who can't control harvest or god of steel who can't control steel.

Anyway, my point is, instead of adding more authorities, I much prefer the author make Godou use v-san's authority and v-san's status as god of victory to the max(as in as creative as possible), even if it meant he has to use the help of other campiones or god to defeat his enemy.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 00:48   Link #4126
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Well,v-san lose against a human after all so obviously he isn't invincible lol. But, I always feel that even if v-san's warrior form is sealed, he will still find a way to win, probably by using goat or stallion form, and maybe add his opponent as companion due to his youth form charisma. Well, it might be me overestimating him though because in my mind, a god of victory must not lose even if he has to die after achieving victory lol. A god of victory who can't achieve victory is like a god of harvest who can't control harvest or god of steel who can't control steel.

Anyway, my point is, instead of adding more authorities, I much prefer the author make Godou use v-san's authority and v-san's status as god of victory to the max(as in as creative as possible), even if it meant he has to use the help of other campiones or god to defeat his enemy.
Yet, there are gods who are able to seal Verethragna's abilities altogether, such as Perseus and a certain other
Spoiler for vol 13:
And about gods of victory, I wonder what would happen if Verethragna and Nike fought each other?

My point is that a diversity of authorities is always welcomed, preferably an authority from a goddess of the earth. There are always gods out there who can render all your abilities useless if these abilities contains a certain attribute.
Old 2012-09-24, 02:47   Link #4127
fazri
blacksun king

ne so godou only have Veregena,kusanagi tsurugi and athena authority right.
is there anyone know what the authority that godou get from athena?
also did he have other authority beside that 3?
Old 2012-09-24, 02:50   Link #4128
iK@r0s

^he didn't get any authority from athena someone just troll you and I will not tell who spread it
Old 2012-09-24, 03:02   Link #4129
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by iK@r0s View Post
^he didn't get any authority from athena someone just troll you and I will not tell who spread it
Probably Kadi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazri View Post
also did he have other authority beside that 3?
If he had, I would not have talked about how he need more authorities than the Persian Warlord.He couldn't even beat the Black Prince even in Berserk form, what hope does he have against the Last King? More or less, there's simply way too many flaws with the Persian Warlord. Not only does it have too many limitations, but some of the abilities are weaker in comparison to what might have been standalone authorities. In addition to that, since all these abilities derives from a single origin, a single attribute, a deity who can negate this can easily k.o Godou(like Perseus and a certain goddess I have named earlier) if they had fought without holding back, without waiting for Godou to go kissu-kissu.Even if Godou has knowledge of a particular god, there are ways in which that god can counter the sword. Godou both lost and almost did again against two goddesses in vol 9 and 10 because of this.Right now, there's only two options left for Godou:1.Find a way and remove restrictions and limitations on his authority. 2. Get a new one. His laid back lifestyle of I don't wanna be stronger and only wanted to be normal is seriously annoying.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-09-24 at 03:54.
Old 2012-09-24, 03:55   Link #4130
jonald101

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Spoiler for vol 13:
Spoiler for spoiler question:
jonald101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 04:24   Link #4131
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonald101 View Post
Spoiler for spoiler question:
Volume thirteen still hasn't been fully translated, so I can't tell you that.But if he didn't, there would be no story to tell. He would be screwed.
Old 2012-09-24, 05:45   Link #4132
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Yet, there are gods who are able to seal Verethragna's abilities altogether, such as Perseus and a certain other
Spoiler for vol 13:
And about gods of victory, I wonder what would happen if Verethragna and Nike fought each other?

My point is that a diversity of authorities is always welcomed, preferably an authority from a goddess of the earth. There are always gods out there who can render all your abilities useless if these abilities contains a certain attribute.
So the new goddess has been confirmed?

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 06:01   Link #4133
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
Pretty much. Her name hasn't been revealed yet(the Chinese translation isn't finished), but the description of her abilities and personality pretty much matched the legend to a T.
Old 2012-09-24, 06:02   Link #4134
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
Not sure who did it, but I thought it was already spoiled long ago with a wiki link
Old 2012-09-24, 06:02   Link #4135
eraldcoil

If i remember correctly, this goddess hasn't been confirmed. Only her purpose.
i can't remember it well because i only skip it when i was reading it (chiness translation). i'm too busy.
Just like Kadi said, this volume more crazy than previous.
eraldcoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 06:56   Link #4136
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

I wonder if what happen godou can evolve Vetheragna 10 Incanation
Spoiler for 10:

and godou has goal that to became true Campione
no one can fight Godou if thats really happen
Old 2012-09-24, 07:06   Link #4137
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Spoiler for Concerns About Godous' Authority:
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 07:20   Link #4138
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
I wonder if what happen godou can evolve Vetheragna 10 Incanation
Spoiler for 10:

and godou has goal that to became true Campione
no one can fight Godou if thats really happen
Dude, you have been reading too much DxD. True Campione? True Camel? There's no way he could have powers that are way stronger than what Verethragna was able to do. It would be great alone if he could use his powers freely as Verethragna was able to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
Spoiler for Concerns About Godous' Authority:
Dude, Godou has already fought Heracles. In fact, Heracles was the first god he ever fought. He fought Godou under the name of Verethragna.As for Hindu gods, Verethragna is also a hindu god under the name of Indra. Basically, Verethragna is Ares, Heracles, Nergal, Horus and also Indra--much like Perseus is also Mithra,Mithras and Sol Invictus.Also, the problem with Godou is that because of the stringent limitations, most of the time, he does not beat his opponents. He draws most of the time. The only time he actually won decisively on his own against genuine opponents(gods or campiones) were his first fight with Athena, the one with Lancelot and Verethragna .And even then, he had to rely on his followers most of the time to win--which was clearly not an option when a deity notices this in vol nine. Other campiones can usually just solo their opponents.The Black Prince's subordinates always arrive eating dust, the fight over and Alec himself long gone. For this reason, Alec is my favourite campione, not Godou.Persian Warlord is hence a defective authority. Godou needs something that could go the extra mile apart from just drawing.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-09-24 at 07:50.
Old 2012-09-24, 07:57   Link #4139
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Pretty much. Her name hasn't been revealed yet(the Chinese translation isn't finished), but the description of her abilities and personality pretty much matched the legend to a T.
I see, so you deducted from the chinese translation.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 10:25   Link #4140
muk

isn't nike part of athena's authority? last time i went to greece (a year ago or so) and its museums i saw the name "nike athena" on one of her statues xD
muk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem