AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2014-06-18, 15:45   Link #5761
shalala

Soo where are the other captains and vice captains? As so far warewolf is down for the count, Zaraki and healing captain are also down. Can't remember where the rest are. Surely the 1st Captain should have been in that picture as we all know he is the head boss of SS now.

The chapter went by quite fast.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 16:05   Link #5762
itachi-san314

it went by fast, but it was quite good compared to the last 30 chapters or so. the best part is that the story actually has a clear direction now and is heading toward the end so meaningful things should start happening as well.

-here's hoping the zero squad doesn't have fraccions...
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 16:11   Link #5763
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
-here's hoping the zero squad doesn't have fraccions...
Everyone knows you can't divide by zero.

Yeah, I went there.
Old 2014-06-18, 16:31   Link #5764
Eragon
Pharmercy

Incoming ownage of Zero Squad by Zangetsu - oops, Bach. I really hope that Kubo doesn't involve them. I don't want to see another Aizen vs Shinigami massacre.
Old 2014-06-18, 16:43   Link #5765
Robotech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
Seems like Yhwach wants to become a god like Aizen tried to with the Hogyoku. I mean he still doesn't regain all of his powers yet. Really lame for Ichigo to be tossed around by Quincy fodder.
Not sure where this whole fodder thing is coming from.

Captain Gordon Moustache-dude established himself as a threat to Shunsui of all people. Bazz-B can trash around Bleach posterboy Toshiro. The girls have never been portayed or implied to be fodder, and Pepe and Nanana are largely unknowns.

Ichigo wasn't exactly getting beaten up yet (who knows how bad that Burner Finger would have been), but it is 8 on one, he focuses on dodging and countering one guy, maybe even two, three, or four, but in the middle of doing that he's got number 5 sneak attacking him.

It's one thing for Ichigo to have been able to KO multiple Lieutenants in short order a while ago, and another for him to make quick work of 8 people we've been told are around Captain level or beyond. Clearly he's strong enough to take on 4 of them and do well, which is already impressive.

And it's possible he could have done even better with some new transformation, new Bankai, or whatever, but obviously Kubo's saving that for the big showdown.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-18, 21:51   Link #5766
DorkingtonPugsly

Well I got my wish too see (in the near future) zero squad fight. So all in all I'm pretty happy.
And Ikkaku and Yumichika yaay.
Old 2014-06-18, 22:14   Link #5767
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

i would have preferred ikkaku and yumichika assisting thier captain first though
Old 2014-06-19, 13:05   Link #5768
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaizer View Post
i would have preferred ikkaku and yumichika assisting thier captain first though
They don't have a death wish. Kenpachi would never want his subordinates to help him out of whatever crater he's buried in when there's a fight they could otherwise be in... Or ever, really...

Though I do think he'd rather have them looking for their VC, just this once.
Old 2014-06-19, 15:38   Link #5769
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
Seems like Yhwach wants to become a god like Aizen tried to with the Hogyoku. I mean he still doesn't regain all of his powers yet. Really lame for Ichigo to be tossed around by Quincy fodder.
Those "fodder" didn't even wound him from the looks of it. He took Thunder Girl and Power Girl's best shots and still kept on coming. Not to mention how he crashed into a building upon arrival and was still basically unhurt. But yeah, he doesn't have time for them, not with Yhwach headed for the Soul King's realm. So his nakama will deal with the eight amigos while Ichigo takes on his "father," the irony of it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Soo where are the other captains and vice captains? As so far warewolf is down for the count, Zaraki and healing captain are also down. Can't remember where the rest are. Surely the 1st Captain should have been in that picture as we all know he is the head boss of SS now.

The chapter went by quite fast.
Shinji got off-paneled, Rose and Kensei might be alive again since Gremory croaked (though nothing's been shown yet), who knows what Kurosutchi is up to, Byakuya's about to kick some Sternritter butt, don't know who replaced Shunsui as Squad 8 Captain, no sign of Ukitake (from what I've seen), Soi Fon went down, not many are still standing. Though I'm sure Shunsui will get involved soon, if it even is Shunsui (what happened to his eyepatch? And drinking tea? I thought he favored sake. Something's up, don't you think?). We'll see though.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 21:35   Link #5770
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
...no sign of Ukitake (from what I've seen) [...] Though I'm sure Shunsui will get involved soon, if it even is Shunsui (what happened to his eyepatch? And drinking tea? I thought he favored sake. Something's up, don't you think?). We'll see though.
lol, maybe Shunsui drafted Aizen to swap his and Ukitake's appearances. Maybe he figured that since a decoy is what ended up taking down the old man, they might like to try that tactic themselves...

As for how the Sternritters are affected by Kyouka Suigetsu, Yhwach (or whoever it was) already said it. They've been in Soul Society effectively forever, hiding in plain sight (or rather behind it). Aizen clearly did whatever he needed to do to make all the Shinigami susceptible to his skill over a wide enough area of SS to catch all of them, so if the Quincy have been there forever, he caught them, too, or at least enough of them that it makes no difference. That's if he even needs to do something to make people susceptible to it. He has on occasion lied, after all...

If that ends up being true, I officially called it.
Old 2014-06-20, 02:38   Link #5771
Calca
Expressionless

Aizen: What? Hole has opened up to the Soul King's palace? Just as planned! *Leaves prison*
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 11:20   Link #5772
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
Aizen: What? Hole has opened up to the Soul King's palace? Just as planned! *Leaves prison*
and ichigo passing through the barrier again will give aizen another 6000 seconds to make his way there. he'll clearly go for the second opening since his late arrival will be more dramatic
Old 2014-06-20, 17:26   Link #5773
Alchemist007
*Author

Juha will make it there to see Aizen already on the throne.

"I'm already bored."
Old 2014-06-20, 20:51   Link #5774
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post

"I'm already bored."
"just as I planned. And I'm also... right behind you!"
Old 2014-06-21, 02:17   Link #5775
Altes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post

"I'm already bored."
Sorta like that fan-made comic about Aizen and Super Hollow Ichigo.
Yhwach: "Aizen! So you claimed the Soul King's throne before me?"
Aizen: "I'm not Aizen. You're Aizen."
(Illusion breaks, Aizen turns into Yhwach, Yhwach turns into the Aizen, Soul King turns into Shinji.)
Shinji: "That doesn't even make sense!"
Altes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-21, 03:16   Link #5776
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
You assume he hadn't already left. Aizen's been out of prison since before the latest "invasion", possibly since Yhwach's visited him, or even before, given his ability. The only question is who he's working with (and planning to turn on), if anyone.

New unrelated crackpot theory: Urahara's "mysterious savior" back in Hueco Mundo, of whom we only saw his sword? The one everyone assumes is Grimmjow? Aizen. In a page out of GRRM's playbook, after whacking Opie the Nazi Sternritter, he then proceeded to kill Urahara and all the nakama with him, and is currently wearing Urahara's visage while "helping" SS fight off the Quincy. The whole Isshin/Masaki flashback and Quincy "Hollow allergy" plot point were there to both inform us of and distract us from the fact that Aizen, as the creator of the "White" Hollow, knows just as much about this stuff as Urahara does.

One good thing about Kubo's writing, especially as pertains to Aizen, is we can come up with a million different wacky theories, and they all pretty much have the same likelihood of being true. Schrödinger's speculation, if you will...
Old 2014-06-21, 03:22   Link #5777
The Small One

BTW: What exactly is Ichigo's motivation right now?
So far he always wanted to protect his friends and was more or less forced to fight, to achieve this. But then he has no reason to go after Bach, since Soul King isn't his friend and he could really care less. All his friends are currently in SS (or Hueco Mundo), so he has no reason to chase Bach.
Or is he now out for revenge, because Bach was responsible for his mother's death?
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-21, 11:01   Link #5778
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Or is he now out for revenge, because Bach was responsible for his mother's death?
I think you answered you're own question. also, most of the SS captains and lieutenants are now his friends as well. ichigo's circle of nakama grows like luffy's and naruto's.

as a reader, i know we are supposed to root against the quincy, but i don't see why just yet (aside from most of them being terrible characters)
Old 2014-06-21, 14:10   Link #5779
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
I think you answered you're own question. also, most of the SS captains and lieutenants are now his friends as well. ichigo's circle of nakama grows like luffy's and naruto's.
That and it seems pretty apparent that "attack Soul King"="really bad thing for the universe". After all, that's what Aizen wanted to do, and he was a bad guy.

Quote:
as a reader, i know we are supposed to root against the quincy, but i don't see why just yet (aside from most of them being terrible characters)
I think maybe I just answered your question. Yhwach appears to be recycling Aizen's goal, and Aizen was bad, so he's bad, too (and by extension all of his underlings, as most of whom are more than happy to demonstrate).

Of course, whether either of those is a true assumption remains to be seen.
Old 2014-06-22, 06:28   Link #5780
Altes
Banned

I hope someone kills Candice, her attitude is unbecoming of a woman.
Altes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter