AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-02-06, 09:37   Link #4261
Fwarlord
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvo269 View Post
Actually that ain't gonna do jack shit for him.
1. He will still have Amon.
2. He already beat a fucking gorilla-beast(equivalent of bear) and used a anything for the win tactic like Hajime without Amon.

He needs to get rid of his wishy-washy ideals(though way better than whatever Kouen/Hakuryuu) planned out. though as he gets rid of them, he'll probably fall or half-fall(like sinbad)
In other words, he needs to be betrayed, abandoned and half killed. But seriously, I doubt Alibaba can change like Hajime even if all those things happen because he was built up as both a good naive hero and a butt monkey. If anything, he will probably end up blaming himself and become a shut-in.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic218451_1.gif Lovers for Eternity
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 10:33   Link #4262
Corvo269
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
In other words, he needs to be betrayed, abandoned and half killed. But seriously, I doubt Alibaba can change like Hajime even if all those things happen because he was built up as both a good naive hero and a butt monkey. If anything, he will probably end up blaming himself and become a shut-in.
well, I don't know about betrayal but his half-brothers and his best friend Kaseem seriously fucked his life up and his life itself was guy in a slum, elevated to royalty, back to homeless/penniless butt-monkey with dreams to meeting Aladdin and now his current situation. Also, he been half-killed a couple of times already
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 12:30   Link #4263
Redhazard
Desert Man
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Honestly, the main problem with Alibaba (and the manga really) is his refusal to accept the loss of lives as something inevitable.

Aladdin is the same, but the difference is Aladdin just powers through his problems (like the war in the Magic City).

Meanwhile, Alibaba is stuck in a powerless position which makes him a subordinate to others but keeps his hands clean.
Redhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-28, 15:18   Link #4264
shalala
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Under the 7 seas
Soooooooo that new Djinn Equip that Hakuryuu is rocking. Looks cool. Plus he is still about to use Zagan. Although something has been bugging me about Belial which would be why wouldn't s/he be fighting back as s/he was pretty much forced captured.

I don't think Alibaba's leg has been cut off. Probably it's his magoi for the leg or senses.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-28, 15:31   Link #4265
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Soooooooo that new Djinn Equip that Hakuryuu is rocking. Looks cool. Plus he is still about to use Zagan. Although something has been bugging me about Belial which would be why wouldn't s/he be fighting back as s/he was pretty much forced captured.

I don't think Alibaba's leg has been cut off. Probably it's his magoi for the leg or senses.
i'm thinking Haku just got epic level illussion and/or hypnotic powers. Haku isn't still using Zagan, and he didn't just cut off Alibaba's leg, but he's managed to make Alibaba think that's what just happened. Haku's got Aizen powers. (hey guess what happened over in bleach this week)
__________________
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-28, 18:24   Link #4266
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
i'm thinking Haku just got epic level illussion and/or hypnotic powers. Haku isn't still using Zagan, and he didn't just cut off Alibaba's leg, but he's managed to make Alibaba think that's what just happened. Haku's got Aizen powers. (hey guess what happened over in bleach this week)
I think Zagans's ability is real he's able to use Zagan together with Belial, it was mentioned earlier when he started experimenting/brainwashing Kou soldiers.
__________________
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-02, 11:06   Link #4267
ReinZwei
南宮 那月
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: こころ
Age: 27
Ch. 257 is out, the fight between Naruto and Sasuke, oops I mean Alibaba and Hakuryuu is now full blown since this time Alibaba is now serious.
__________________
Vocaloid Thread
______________________
Signature: 僕は友達が少ない
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
______________________
Manga/LN Sites:
Baka-Tsuki
Mangaupdates
______________________
ReinZwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-02, 12:31   Link #4268
Sixth
True Momo v2.0
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
So Alibaba going to cripple forever? Or Solomon BS magic will overcome Belial's influence later?

It was amazing that Alibaba can defend himself just with one vessel.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-02, 13:16   Link #4269
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
So Alibaba going to cripple forever? Or Solomon BS magic will overcome Belial's influence later?

It was amazing that Alibaba can defend himself just with one vessel.
They'll totally BS recovery sooner or later. No way they'd actually have Alibaba unable to use a leg for the rest of the series.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-02, 20:53   Link #4270
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Pond
Dang, Belial is really broken. Maybe Solomon's Wisdom might let Aladdin go retrieve Alibaba's nerves from another dimension or something.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 01:05   Link #4271
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Plain of Doleful Melody - ANI
Age: 30
New chap is cool with Alibaba finally get serious about "bringing back Hakusuke" -.- ( Should have done that before he got you one arm and one leg, dude ). At least we readers still got it right that Zagan is no match for Amon ( Fire beat grass forever ), Haku actually has to go Psychic against Alibaba is what make me giggle the most while reading this chapter

Anyway, what I like most is the diversity of Djinn abilities. In main series, we have Belial with power to manipulate senses and feeling - I guess mental health is also considered part of life force ^^.
And in the Sinbad spin-off, we have Cerberus with it's multiple elements ability: Ice, Fire and Lightning at the same time - That's the standard videogame elemental power trio, you know!. I think she got one of the sweetest Djinn there .

I wonder how Solomon decided the ability and magic formulas for each Divine Staff/Djinn. Did he do it based on the owner's race/landscape/living environment or he just randomly roll with a dice ( "Ok, 1 points, you got fire type magic! Next one, please ) ?
__________________
hawkeyesvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 01:35   Link #4272
Corvo269
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
New chap is cool with Alibaba finally get serious about "bringing back Hakusuke" -.- ( Should have done that before he got you one arm and one leg, dude ). At least we readers still got it right that Zagan is no match for Amon ( Fire beat grass forever ), Haku actually has to go Psychic against Alibaba is what make me giggle the most while reading this chapter

Anyway, what I like most is the diversity of Djinn abilities. In main series, we have Belial with power to manipulate senses and feeling - I guess mental health is also considered part of life force ^^.
And in the Sinbad spin-off, we have Cerberus with it's multiple elements ability: Ice, Fire and Lightning at the same time - That's the standard videogame elemental power trio, you know!. I think she got one of the sweetest Djinn there .

I wonder how Solomon decided the ability and magic formulas for each Divine Staff/Djinn. Did he do it based on the owner's race/landscape/living environment or he just randomly roll with a dice ( "Ok, 1 points, you got fire type magic! Next one, please ) ?
Actually the Djinn's are Solomon's best magicians so each metal vessel has that magician's specialty. Only exception was Aladdin's Djinn Ugo since he could never be properly summoned. Also Belial's power probably lasts as long as the djinn equip is active or Alibaba needs to meditate and use his magoi manipulation until he gets his sensory/motor functions back
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 01:55   Link #4273
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvo269 View Post
Actually the Djinn's are Solomon's best magicians so each metal vessel has that magician's specialty.
They weren't magicians at all. They were the non-human chiefs.

Quote:
Only exception was Aladdin's Djinn Ugo since he could never be properly summoned.
Ugo was summoned more thoroughly than a Djinn Equip, and had his heat magic. The difference is that Aladdin isn't a Dungeon Conqueror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
Dang, Belial is really broken. Maybe Solomon's Wisdom might let Aladdin go retrieve Alibaba's nerves from another dimension or something.
I don't think Belial is that impressive. Think about it: usually, when you cut off limbs, they're gone. Here, it's just "the nerves" "sent to another world". The only difference is that, in fact, the author is preparing the terrain for the nerves to come back. (maybe if Belial's vessel is destroyed?)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 01:59   Link #4274
Corvo269
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
[QUOTE=Anh_Minh;5456192]They weren't magicians at all. They were the non-human chiefs.
Wait, weren't Amon, Ugo and the others human sorcerors that became Djinns when the power of the legendary staffs and their knowledge were stored into a metal vessel
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 02:05   Link #4275
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Ugo was the only magician. The others were non-humans (thus non-magicians, because that was how it worked at the time) given Divine Staves (which made them one-trick ponys).
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 02:24   Link #4276
Corvo269
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Ugo was the only magician. The others were non-humans (thus non-magicians, because that was how it worked at the time) given Divine Staves (which made them one-trick ponys).
Oh, I thought that magicians fused with one of the staves to become a Djinn, that's why almost all the Djinn's looked human
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 03:47   Link #4277
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Plain of Doleful Melody - ANI
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvo269 View Post
Oh, I thought that magicians fused with one of the staves to become a Djinn, that's why almost all the Djinn's looked human
No, except Ugo, all Djinn used to be other species Chiefs/Tribe leaders, they can't use magic but Solomon designed those Divine staffs for them to defend themselves ( also extra manforce on the battlefield ). The Divine staff have a set of magic formulas stored in them that allow the owner to use magic. In order to defeat Ill-Illah, 72 chiefs fuse themselves with their divine staffs and become Djinn to attain greater power.

Most Djinn can only use one type of magic with the exception of Cerberus - a 3 head Djinn with each head has a different type of magic ( recently revealed in Sinbad new chapter ) so I'm wondering what kind of method Solomon used to decide which type of magic for each staff.
__________________
hawkeyesvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 12:17   Link #4278
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 31
Valefor's djinn equip debuted in Adventure of Sinbad. It looks super fluffy.

Meanwhile, chapter 258 came out in chinese.

Spoiler for 258:
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 13:56   Link #4279
shalala
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Under the 7 seas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Valefor's djinn equip debuted in Adventure of Sinbad. It looks super fluffy.

Meanwhile, chapter 258 came out in chinese.

Spoiler for 258:
Spoiler for Spoiler 258:
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 14:41   Link #4280
ChuckE
Provoker
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dreamland
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler 258:
Spoiler:
__________________
Dominus factotum
ChuckE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.