AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2016-10-28, 07:35   Link #321
Corvo269
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
around 300- 310 if i remember correctly
Spoiler for spoil:
So basically

Spoiler:
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-28, 08:38   Link #322
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by obnuchious View Post
thanks for the details .. so majority of them are from the wild . . . am guessing that MC had yet to visit the Wild personally? or some sort of elder/leader paid him a visit (besides the one mentioned in the spoiler about a witch killing of a bunch of Church goons)

still no Earth witch ... Earth + Echo [sonar, maybe?] (+ Mystry + Lucia) = better mining~~~

Lucia's ability could be used like in FMA ...in so far, just like Scar's early ability

Soluya, walking 3D printer then?
Soluya is more than that. She can give various coatings to items so her power has one of highest utilities.

In my opinion most useful witches are Nightingale (invisability plus ability to tell when a person is lying is very strong), Leaf (tinker with plants seeds and you can have crops growing twice as fast if not faster), Nanawa (all injuries can be healed), Soluya (coating without any need of materials is very OP), and Lily (at first its just food preservation but it evolves to micro-bacterial power which means she can cure any kind of epidemic or cause any kind of epidemics). Moon can be very powerful but not in current advancement of technology.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-28, 09:40   Link #323
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Soluya is more than that. She can give various coatings to items so her power has one of highest utilities.

In my opinion most useful witches are Nightingale (invisability plus ability to tell when a person is lying is very strong), Leaf (tinker with plants seeds and you can have crops growing twice as fast if not faster), Nanawa (all injuries can be healed), Soluya (coating without any need of materials is very OP), and Lily (at first its just food preservation but it evolves to micro-bacterial power which means she can cure any kind of epidemic or cause any kind of epidemics). Moon can be very powerful but not in current advancement of technology.

Spoiler for spoiler:
The most used ability and most useful witch is Anna.. her seat of honor is uncontested. Most of modern marvel that Roland created was possible by Anna power. Second Useful is Nightingale followed by Nana in third. With those triumphvirat power Roland basically achieve most of technoogical marvel. Fourth seat suprisingly belong to Scroll, with her ability to copy book. That makes knowlegde dissemination possible to Roland people. Five position undoubtly is belong to Leaf.. because her power makes Roland have ability to host most of refugee. Number six is Agatha I think if not Soraya.
__________________
I am Immortal I Have the Sacred Blood of Youma
I was No Rival, No Claymore can be my Equal
Prongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-28, 09:49   Link #324
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I dont think Anna's power is all that useful. MC could have achieved similar results albeit slower.

Lily is much more powerful than Nana. If MC decided to destroy whole population he could just send Lily and do her stuff. Lily is a essentially a bio-chemical weapon. Here people talk of a nuclear bomb failing to notice that Roland already has a weapon of mass destruction in Lily.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-28, 10:26   Link #325
cabman11
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
She can control it repeat and change fire to physical matter now...so? How is that not useful?
__________________
"The goal of all life is death" - ainz ooal gown
cabman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-28, 10:41   Link #326
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
She can control it repeat and change fire to physical matter now...so? How is that not useful?
Its useful but I would say other powers when evolved seem to have higher usage. Anna didnt make the industrial revolution happen. She just sped up the process but dont write it like her power was essential to it.

All and all having bio-chemical weapon is more powerful than the rest of the powers really. If Roland were a psycho, one could wipe the whole humanity in the continent thanks to Lily power.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-28, 13:28   Link #327
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Its useful but I would say other powers when evolved seem to have higher usage. Anna didnt make the industrial revolution happen. She just sped up the process but dont write it like her power was essential to it.

All and all having bio-chemical weapon is more powerful than the rest of the powers really. If Roland were a psycho, one could wipe the whole humanity in the continent thanks to Lily power.
You seem underestimate the power of controling fire. While even on real life our modern advanchement never achieved before we learn to control the power of fire. Steel that used to create industrial tools and machine. Was possible by power of fire.

Without her the concrete wall and flintlock couldn't exist to resist month of demon beast.

And without that there will be no witches as useful as Nightingale, Leaf, Lily, Wendy, Hummingbird, Echo, Scroll.

At that time Roland takes refuge in longsong stronghold. And by that time those girl will perished in the hand of devil. Even when they're survive. Roland counldn't save them.

Without Anna power that created microscope. Lily power would never evolve.

The majority of BT Industrial Revolution was happen around Anna... Remember steam engine?

Roland itself has said to Anna that current Border Town was exist because Anna power.

Without Anna Roland knowlegde is pretty Useless.. Later Anna gained new ability that rivaled Laser cutter, thus advancing Industrial revolution to next stage.

That how Important Anna is to Roland and his entire plan..

ROLAND WILL NEVER ACHIEVE SAME RESULT WITHOUT ANNA...

now tell me wich achievement that Roland possibly achieve without Anna.
__________________
I am Immortal I Have the Sacred Blood of Youma
I was No Rival, No Claymore can be my Equal

Last edited by Prongs; 2016-10-28 at 13:43.
Prongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-28, 14:37   Link #328
cabman11
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
http://wapbaike.baidu.com/item/放开那个女巫?adapt=1

I found the wiki. It has a large amount of information on the witches and everything else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Its useful but I would say other powers when evolved seem to have higher usage. Anna didnt make the industrial revolution happen. She just sped up the process but dont write it like her power was essential to it.

All and all having bio-chemical weapon is more powerful than the rest of the powers really. If Roland were a psycho, one could wipe the whole humanity in the continent thanks to Lily power.

You greatly greatly greatly underestimate the importance of Fire.
All humanity is nothing without fire
__________________
"The goal of all life is death" - ainz ooal gown
cabman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-28, 18:56   Link #329
travelingbum
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
so what is it gears of war now? (most recent thing to think of)
__________________
depending on who is translating.......
this kind of quality is what you may be getting....

so when reading/watching.... you risk taking it with a MASSIVE AMOUNT OF SALT.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-29, 02:53   Link #330
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongs View Post
You seem underestimate the power of controling fire. While even on real life our modern advanchement never achieved before we learn to control the power of fire. Steel that used to create industrial tools and machine. Was possible by power of fire.

Without her the concrete wall and flintlock couldn't exist to resist month of demon beast.

And without that there will be no witches as useful as Nightingale, Leaf, Lily, Wendy, Hummingbird, Echo, Scroll.

At that time Roland takes refuge in longsong stronghold. And by that time those girl will perished in the hand of devil. Even when they're survive. Roland counldn't save them.

Without Anna power that created microscope. Lily power would never evolve.

The majority of BT Industrial Revolution was happen around Anna... Remember steam engine?

Roland itself has said to Anna that current Border Town was exist because Anna power.

Without Anna Roland knowlegde is pretty Useless.. Later Anna gained new ability that rivaled Laser cutter, thus advancing Industrial revolution to next stage.

That how Important Anna is to Roland and his entire plan..

ROLAND WILL NEVER ACHIEVE SAME RESULT WITHOUT ANNA...

now tell me wich achievement that Roland possibly achieve without Anna.
He would have achieved most of those things - it would have taken much more time though and by then most of those witches would have died.

Still Anna's power is not essential to the industrialization. Her power is essential to speeding up the industrialization, which in the story is the main thing because with that speed boost Roland probably would be dead by now. But say 5 year limit is still on and no civil war is provoked, Roland could have achieved a lot of things you listed by himself given time.

And I dont underestimate the fire. Human civilization is based on fire. But Anna didnt bring fire to stone age. Fire already existed before her meaning with time Roland could have constructed most of things - steam engine, flintlocks etc, they however would have taken longer time to construct.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-29, 03:19   Link #331
obnuchious
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
^Darknemo2000 ... am thinking you're just looking at Anna's fire as something warm . . . she's basically a walking welding torch .. without her power, not even the steam engine would work .. Roland basically started the quasi-industrialization because of Anna's power .. without her, I think he'll only be focused on food crops or whatnot
__________________
Something I did to pass the time: https://www.fictionpress.com/u/997198/
========
Oxygen was first discovered in 1783. How could people breathe back then?
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-29, 04:38   Link #332
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Steam engine can perfectly work without her. Heron described the steam engine principle and thats way before the middle ages in our world. Heat is essential for steam engine, but just plain fire and not Anna's fire could have worked just as fine its just the making of the actual steam engine would have taken a while.

What I see Anna's power is something that sped up the Roland's industrialization but wasn't essential to it.

Yes, thanks to the story, plot timing is everything thats why Anna's power seems like super uber important (and timing wise - it is) but in reality Roland could have achieved most of those things himself just at a very slower pace. He would have lost pretty much all of the witches though without her.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2016-10-29 at 05:00.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-29, 06:03   Link #333
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
No not really, as far as industrial progress goes, Anna is the most Uber OP, take the Steam engine for example, once in the alternate history forum that i frequent lately, one poses the question that if someone moved to the mediaval time, is it realistically possible to bring in fuure technology if one were to knew the blueprints and principle.

The result of the debate is that's it very hard or take a long time not because of the technology or material involved, but the sheer degree of precision involved in the process, any of the later steam engine part are next to impossible to copy with the precision of Human hand. In our specific case, the cylinder required precision that is too much to most master craftsmen. Anna power effectively make a very high precision welding, cutting machine that's correct to milimetters, effectively removed the weakness the the progress.

If we were to removed Anna from our equation, we are looking at a 15-20 years scenario for a working steam engine
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-29, 07:04   Link #334
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Under The Hell and Above The Heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
No not really, as far as industrial progress goes, Anna is the most Uber OP, take the Steam engine for example, once in the alternate history forum that i frequent lately, one poses the question that if someone moved to the mediaval time, is it realistically possible to bring in fuure technology if one were to knew the blueprints and principle.

The result of the debate is that's it very hard or take a long time not because of the technology or material involved, but the sheer degree of precision involved in the process, any of the later steam engine part are next to impossible to copy with the precision of Human hand. In our specific case, the cylinder required precision that is too much to most master craftsmen. Anna power effectively make a very high precision welding, cutting machine that's correct to milimetters, effectively removed the weakness the the progress.

If we were to removed Anna from our equation, we are looking at a 15-20 years scenario for a working steam engine
in other word, w/o Anna Roland will need so many handmade Screw & Bolt in order to made a machine that able to made Screw & Bolt automaticly so precition and accurate ...
__________________

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.


[Sauce]
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-29, 07:27   Link #335
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
No not really, as far as industrial progress goes, Anna is the most Uber OP, take the Steam engine for example, once in the alternate history forum that i frequent lately, one poses the question that if someone moved to the mediaval time, is it realistically possible to bring in fuure technology if one were to knew the blueprints and principle.

The result of the debate is that's it very hard or take a long time not because of the technology or material involved, but the sheer degree of precision involved in the process, any of the later steam engine part are next to impossible to copy with the precision of Human hand. In our specific case, the cylinder required precision that is too much to most master craftsmen. Anna power effectively make a very high precision welding, cutting machine that's correct to milimetters, effectively removed the weakness the the progress.

If we were to removed Anna from our equation, we are looking at a 15-20 years scenario for a working steam engine
It would be hard but not impossible. Also you have to take into consideration what steam engine you are aiming at. If Watts - sure it could take 15-20 if Newcomens then I think 5-10 years might have been enough. If Heron's then a year would be enough. All of them are different in their efficiency and power though.

Without Anna Rolands steam engine would have been much less efficient energy/production wise, but at the same time even with the materials at his hand he could have made an engine in the end though less good and slower than the engine with Anna.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-29, 07:33   Link #336
madmanthan21
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Well steam engine has to be useful, Heron's steam engine is easy, but it isn't exactly useful.

To get a useful steam engine, you need precision, which without an industrial base, would take quite a long time.
madmanthan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-29, 09:51   Link #337
Sizaki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Sweden, Gotland, Visby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
It would be hard but not impossible. Also you have to take into consideration what steam engine you are aiming at. If Watts - sure it could take 15-20 if Newcomens then I think 5-10 years might have been enough. If Heron's then a year would be enough. All of them are different in their efficiency and power though.

Without Anna Rolands steam engine would have been much less efficient energy/production wise, but at the same time even with the materials at his hand he could have made an engine in the end though less good and slower than the engine with Anna.
You know that without Anna's help with the gun and cannon making, Roland would pretty much been killed by his opponents by now. So to say that Anna's power is unecessary is just stupid.

And making his stuff that would have taken like at least 20 years in 1 year instead is unquestionably very advantageous to him. To dispute that is just wrong and dumb.
Sizaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-29, 23:46   Link #338
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
It would be hard but not impossible. Also you have to take into consideration what steam engine you are aiming at. If Watts - sure it could take 15-20 if Newcomens then I think 5-10 years might have been enough. If Heron's then a year would be enough. All of them are different in their efficiency and power though.

Without Anna Rolands steam engine would have been much less efficient energy/production wise, but at the same time even with the materials at his hand he could have made an engine in the end though less good and slower than the engine with Anna.
See last chap. And see yourself how important Anna is to roland.. Yes her power might be not essential in Industrial revolution. But without her power there will be no Industrial Revolution. Because by that time Roland will be dead. You know how OP the devil is. And would you think Roland has 10 or 20 years time to start Industrial Revolution. That just dumb
__________________
I am Immortal I Have the Sacred Blood of Youma
I was No Rival, No Claymore can be my Equal
Prongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-30, 00:29   Link #339
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
It would be hard but not impossible. Also you have to take into consideration what steam engine you are aiming at. If Watts - sure it could take 15-20 if Newcomens then I think 5-10 years might have been enough. If Heron's then a year would be enough. All of them are different in their efficiency and power though.

Without Anna Rolands steam engine would have been much less efficient energy/production wise, but at the same time even with the materials at his hand he could have made an engine in the end though less good and slower than the engine with Anna.
Then what will you do with Heron's steam engine. Everyone seem to knew this already but Not all steam engine are equal and capable of industrial revolution, For the level of Roland steam engine which is capable of powering a minecart metal out of the mine, Heron version is clearly useless. Only middle-late steam engine have that kind of horsepower.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-30, 09:20   Link #340
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Then what will you do with Heron's steam engine. Everyone seem to knew this already but Not all steam engine are equal and capable of industrial revolution, For the level of Roland steam engine which is capable of powering a minecart metal out of the mine, Heron version is clearly useless. Only middle-late steam engine have that kind of horsepower.
Herons steam engine was in my opinion constructed for educational purposes. But in our time it could have been a big breakthrough if it werent not for Christianity and the church who always looked at pagan science with a lot of disgust. If it wasn't for Church industrial revolution could have been started much earlier.

I mean ancient Greece even had the ideas of atom. And a lot of that knowledge was forgotten or erased thanks to Church and only introduced much later thanks to islam or lucky circumstances.

I guess thats one thing that this story gets right - Church is the source of evil and is anti-progressive. I have seen people complaining how come that organized religion is almost always the bad guy in all the plots but thats something you learn by looking at our history. Organized religions always gave us more wars than peace, more dead than lives saved.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, fantasy, romance, slice of life, supernatural

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.