AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2009-03-25, 15:30   Link #441
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Yes, I could tell the music was similar though it was hard to hear in the trailer. That's a huge plus.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 13:56   Link #442
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Just got through chapter 12 in the game, I must say: If this anime is done well, it could be an all time great for me.

EDIT: By do it right I dont mean the character models, i can easily get used to it, im not big on keeping with the original works on that front..

What I mean is animation quality and story. With the way each character has his or her own background, there are many ways to expand on the story in new ways, but I hope it contains the atmosphere of the original plot. As far as animation quality, the show better be animated well, because I would be mad if the game was many times better in artwork and animation.

When they move the main plot, I hope they stick with the game story. I dont mind little irrelevant additions, i mean like i dont want to see an anime only character that all of a sudden plays some major plot role.

Oh and music.

This anime can be great, all the foundations have been established for it, it just needs to follow.

Last edited by alu546; 2009-03-26 at 14:53.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 15:57   Link #443
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

New Trailer

Not much different, though Edy and Marina are easily visible (along with some others, such as Susie and Marina's holding Hans) at 2:02, and it's not a video of a video. So exciting though!

On the music, (in this video, anyway) other than the sung song at the end, all of it was from the game.
Old 2009-03-26, 17:40   Link #444
JagdPanther

It's really driving me nuts that I can't think of the name of the brunette girl with the twin-tails.

Old 2009-03-26, 17:56   Link #445
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
It's really driving me nuts that I can't think of the name of the brunette girl with the twin-tails.
eh do you mean in VC or another anime, cause if your thinking "who does Alicia remind me of?!"

I can only think of one person, Kana Minami, hell its like twins separated from brith
Old 2009-03-26, 18:29   Link #446
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Aisha Neumann? Nancy Dufour? Aika Thompson? You're going to have to be a bit more specific then 'the brunette girl with the twin tails'
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 20:05   Link #447
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

To me it looked like Aika Thompson.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 20:57   Link #448
Solecs

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
New Trailer

Not much different, though Edy and Marina are easily visible (along with some others, such as Susie and Marina's holding Hans) at 2:02, and it's not a video of a video. So exciting though!

On the music, (in this video, anyway) other than the sung song at the end, all of it was from the game.
MARINA! Yes, the anime has now become awesome. Don't know if she'd been confirmed in the anime before, but that's my first time seeing her. Though holding Hans of all things .
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 06:14   Link #449
Chrono Helix

I'm hoping Marina Inoue will appear in tomorrow's event in Alicia cosplay.
Chrono Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 07:22   Link #450
Statonxyb
hrm

Radi Jaeger is such a great villian. :>
Statonxyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 07:51   Link #451
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
At 2:02? Other than Edy? I forget her name too... will check when I get home tonight, I guess Someone not at work wanna check?

I just noticed this: at 1:55, Welkin's obviously bound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statonxyb View Post
Radi Jaeger is such a great villian. :>
A great looking villian... uh... Did I say that aloud? ...

I had so much to say, and then I remembered that all of it was game spoilers
Old 2009-03-27, 08:13   Link #452
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The short one with the mini-tails, right? That would be Aisha Neumann. 12 year old Curious and energetic child.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 08:19   Link #453
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The short one with the mini-tails, right? That would be Aisha Neumann. 12 year old Curious and energetic child.
Would be indeed. Since she's the only one I can think of in the trailer that JagdPanther could be referring to... though we'll have to wait for him to poke his nose in to be sure.
Old 2009-03-27, 15:23   Link #454
JagdPanther

Yeah, that's to whom I was referring. I figured posting right after the post about the trailer would've given it away, but I guess not.

The game is at home and I'm at college so it's hard to just check the roster.

Old 2009-03-29, 12:37   Link #455
trakker
Comical Scamp

I wonder if Dallas will make an appearance >w> should be most humourus, especially if they do Squad 7's R&R lol

I hope we get abit of banter between Marina and Ted also X3
trakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 05:28   Link #456
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I sorta lol'd at the 10 TV stations that will be showing this anime. Now the fansubbers have no excuse not to be able to find at least one good feed on it unlike something like Regios. And man, I don't remember so many stations showing one anime on TV at the same time. Cable Television. heh
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 06:09   Link #457
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I sorta lol'd at the 10 TV stations that will be showing this anime. Now the fansubbers have no excuse not to be able to find at least one good feed on it unlike something like Regios. And man, I don't remember so many stations showing one anime on TV at the same time. Cable Television. heh
It's not really a big sea change in terms of anime broadcast, though, and it suggests that the show doesn't have the financial clout or audience interest to get on a major station. A1's last major project was Kuroshitsuji which had a prime spot on MBS/TBS and affiliates; Valkyria's airing on all the UHF stations, although I suppose this does mean that with an MBS and CBC broadcast there might be some decent raws floating around.

It's far from an isolated case, either; if you look at Moonphase there's plenty of shows airing all over the place at different times. 07-GHOST, for instance, is airing on thirteen different regional TV stations this season.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 08:25   Link #458
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

VC may be a blockbuster game, but they aren't taking any chances with the anime.

And I must confess something: having only read about the game, it took me a while before I realised that the lady at the background of the US cover art is Selvaria.
Old 2009-03-30, 18:32   Link #459
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I'm intending to play the game at some point in time, do you think it would be a good idea to check this out? I don't think I'd like to go through the game, knowing generally what's going to happen.
frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 19:48   Link #460
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I don't think I'd like to go through the game, knowing generally what's going to happen.
If you feel that way, and you believe you can't get over that feeling then i say play the game first.

Tags
sega