AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-11, 14:57   Link #181
ookamigirl

Fc vs SC!
That was one interesting, intense & fun game.
Araki will probably save the day.
Can't wait for next episode!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 20:55   Link #182
Byakou

Lol guy magically loses 100+ lbs of fat? Talk about unrealistic.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 21:53   Link #183
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakou View Post
Lol guy magically loses 100+ lbs of fat? Talk about unrealistic.
It was supposed to be a comedy moment. It fits in the manga because the manga has a bit more comedy than the anime. The anime is trying to be more dramatic and serious (which doesn't quite work), removing a lot of the comedy moments from the original. One fo the downsides is that the comedy moments they can't remove (like Araki slimming down in just two weeks) don't fits with the overall mood of the series.

It all comes down to the fact the writer and director suck.
Old 2012-02-12, 17:37   Link #184
kitten320

Huh? Araki got all thin again? 0_o
How did this happen?! I want to know his diet plan!
Old 2012-02-12, 20:59   Link #185
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
Actually I won't recommend it, no matter how effective. You do that in real life in that short amount of time, and you can get sick rather badly. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 21:41   Link #186
Byakou

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Huh? Araki got all thin again? 0_o
How did this happen?! I want to know his diet plan!
I'd say he was about 100 lbs overweight, each pound is 3500 calories so 350 000 calories. Assuming his BMR was 2000ish calories a day, his body naturally burnt 28 000 calories during the 2 weeks. Add to that exercise part of his normal routine and you get about 30 800. That leaves 319 200 calories. A site says that soccer burns an average of 500 calories an hour. That means he would have needed to play 638 hours of soccer in order to burn the remaining calories, an average of 45 hours a day for 2 weeks.

So in order to accomplish this you would need:
- To not eat anything
- To play soccer 45 hours a day
- Consequently you would need a time machine, or some sort of hyperbolic time chamber like in DBZ
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 22:12   Link #187
kitten320

^That's why scenes like that tick me off

If his weight was supposed to be symbolic to represent his inner state, they did it totally wrong especially since weight was actually mentioned in series.

The only anime I remember doing something like that was Samurai Champloo where it was 100% used for lols.
Old 2012-02-12, 22:47   Link #188
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
The only anime I remember doing something like that was Samurai Champloo where it was 100% used for lols.
It's the same in this series. It just seems out of place due to sloppy writing/directing.
Old 2012-02-17, 19:29   Link #189
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Spoiler for Episode 7-The Return of the King:

Looks like this game ends in the next episode. I enjoyed this episode somewhat more than last week. I can't really complain about the soccer scenes, I just hope they don't blunder things off-the-field. And I really hope for some more Seven development. Episode gets a 7.5 out of 10.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 19:56   Link #190
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
And I really hope for some more Seven development.
I haven't watched the episode yet, but going by your summary it seems they indeed removed Seven's off-side trick all together. That's a pity, not only because Araki scoring his first goal using Seven's trick makes him less superhuman than if he did it all on his own, but also because it helps to integrates Seven a bit more into the overall story.

I really don't know anymore. For starter my main interest in watching this anime was Seven, but she's basically a side character in the series. Besides, I don't want to keep bothering everyone here with my constant complaining so I think I'll just drop it.

To anyone who is still watching this, I have to recommend the manga. It's so much better it's not even funny. Going at rapid-fire pace of almost one volume per episode, the anime is merely the backbone of the story. A lot of character development and interaction was skipped, along with some awesome football moments. So go read the manga, you won't regret it.
Old 2012-02-17, 20:13   Link #191
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
I don't know much about soccer but isn't the last 2 goals by the FC both offside?
Old 2012-02-17, 22:15   Link #192
soka

In Araki's goal he goes all by himself so no offside there.
In Kakeru's goal when Araki gives the pass there are 2 SC players behind Kakeru (a defender and the goalkeeper) so no offside there either.
soka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 22:26   Link #193
Setsuryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I haven't watched the episode yet, but going by your summary it seems they indeed removed Seven's off-side trick all together. That's a pity, not only because Araki scoring his first goal using Seven's trick makes him less superhuman than if he did it all on his own, but also because it helps to integrates Seven a bit more into the overall story.

I really don't know anymore. For starter my main interest in watching this anime was Seven, but she's basically a side character in the series. Besides, I don't want to keep bothering everyone here with my constant complaining so I think I'll just drop it.

To anyone who is still watching this, I have to recommend the manga. It's so much better it's not even funny. Going at rapid-fire pace of almost one volume per episode, the anime is merely the backbone of the story. A lot of character development and interaction was skipped, along with some awesome football moments. So go read the manga, you won't regret it.
Yeah I was really enjoying until epi 4 but now that the actual soccer began things got so rushy. Even during the match. Like Araki got in and he already scores his goal, his dribbles wasn't even that well made as the Grey's ones.

But I don't know, the fact they got in a down low in the last epis doesn't mean it can't be better later and we finally get that Seven development we all want. XD

So do you remember in exactly what chapter of the manga does the legendary offside trick happens? xP
Setsuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 22:43   Link #194
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow it hasn't ended yet. Araki sure flipped the switch for the team.
Old 2012-02-17, 23:05   Link #195
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuryuu View Post
it can't be better later and we finally get that Seven development we all want. XD
But I don't have the stomach to keep watching a mediocre series in the hope it gets better at some point. If they adapt the Nadeshiko Japan bit I will probably come back to watch that episode, but that's all. They're probably going to screw that too, but I really want to watch that part.

Anyway, I'm through with this series.

Quote:
So do you remember in exactly what chapter of the manga does the legendary offside trick happens? xP
It's not legendary at all lol. It's actually pretty simple, and a little naive too. But it's because it's not some super move or anything that it's cool.

Anyway, it's chapter 32, The King of Magic.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-02-17 at 23:17.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 15:10   Link #196
ookamigirl

I was kinda shocked to see Araki so not fat.
Guess it was time he chipped in and saved the game.
Awesome playing on his end!!
Kakeru woke up too and started playing with all he's got.
Great episode!!!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 19:57   Link #197
Setsuryuu

Quote:
It's not legendary at all lol. It's actually pretty simple, and a little naive too. But it's because it's not some super move or anything that it's cool.

Anyway, it's chapter 32, The King of Magic.
I just read that now and I think the trick in the manga is illegal. XD Yeah, he didn't touched the ball, but as far as I heard around just the act of running towards it to trick and distract the keeper can be considered as "participating of the play" which would render it as an offside anyway...

Apart from that I thought the manga was pretty close to the anime. Apart the trick there were some copy paste lines ("Don't your team must pass after 5 secs with the ball?" "Well I can't with you marking me this tight" "Oh no, he guessed where the ball is going" and there's even Nana saying later "This man is a genius").

SPECIALLY the weight loss. The explanation to it, as far as this chapter 32 showed me, was the same "he just trained for 2 weeks" as the anime. Well, they did add he skipped school for that. lol

At least that's what I think. I'm not enjoying it now because it seems rushy to me anyway, but I'll keep hoping it will find it's pace soon, maybe right after they win that match and can officially play for the school.
Old 2012-02-19, 20:39   Link #198
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I just read that now and I think the trick in the manga is illegal.
It's not that it would be illegal, but the play would be stoped as soon as Araki kicked the ball anyway.

But that doesn't matter, this is anime/manga so some degree of fantasy isn't a problem. For instance, It's far more unrealistic to have Araki slim down the way he does, and you'll see even more crazy things later on.
Old 2012-02-24, 19:39   Link #199
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Spoiler for Episode 8-Conclusion:

Looks like the Kakeru X Seven relationship is starting to show some more development. I wonder how the decision she makes at the end of the episode will effect it too. I always welcome more Seven development too as she is one of the best characters in this series. I'll give this episode an 8.5 out of 10. It is one of the best episodes of this series to date and I have some hope for the next episode too as it shows some Nadeshiko Japan action.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 20:28   Link #200
Setsuryuu

Quote:
It's not that it would be illegal, but the play would be stoped as soon as Araki kicked the ball anyway.

But that doesn't matter, this is anime/manga so some degree of fantasy isn't a problem. For instance, It's far more unrealistic to have Araki slim down the way he does, and you'll see even more crazy things later on.
Yeah, that's what I meant by "illegal". Maybe I went a bit overboard with that term. It is not that I found that bad, it's normal that degree of fantasy, it's just that since it's "illegal" anyway "I forgive them" for changing it in the anime, y'know? Specially because they made a crazy and fun rabona goal instead. xP

By the way, have you actually dropped this anime? Because ironically the Nadeshiko Japan plotline just came into play in this episode and Mishima already got a bigger spotlight (she even gets unnerved at a point! I didn't know she could, she always looks so calm. xD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
Spoiler for Episode 8-Conclusion:

Looks like the Kakeru X Seven relationship is starting to show some more development. I wonder how the decision she makes at the end of the episode will effect it too. I always welcome more Seven development too as she is one of the best characters in this series. I'll give this episode an 8.5 out of 10. It is one of the best episodes of this series to date and I have some hope for the next episode too as it shows some Nadeshiko Japan action.
It was so cute Seven bumping up on Kakeru in the end! xP

I still think all is a bit rushy (specially compared to how well paced the drama was at the beginning) but yeah, an episode with so much of Seven could not be anything lower than good! XD The comedy was also nice, and I liked how the so called "conclusion" ended up happening.

Will we get finally other female characters in the next episode? I mean, that aren't just secondary, something like a rival to Seven or things on that level of importance to the story... That would be cool.

Spoiler for Episode 9-Preview:

Tags
shounen, sports