Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-05-01, 07:18   Link #12361
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desu View Post
I really hope the SEA server gets the same 2 times XP event as NA and EU for the 1 million facebook milestone. The extra xp would really help get me past the T21 which I enjoy but god it is killing my stats.
Actually I did took part of x2 event in SEA server. Very much annoying if it turned out to be weekends. Literally, more baddies will come out of it and that`s why I dont want to join x2 event for some reason. But, I have my own time table :P

I`ll be keeping a Tiger tanks in my alt soon. The computer in my house is still broken, which is why I cant play in US server -.-"
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 13:17   Link #12362
Gravitas Free Zone

Death by frying pan.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 13:55   Link #12363
GirlsScareMeOK
不死川 心 <3

I expected bad today but...not sit in base and and don't even move bad. They're there, shooting and pivoting, but not moving.

Anyone else grinding for the x2 today? Platoon and help me pls ;-; ??
Old 2014-05-01, 20:50   Link #12364
Gravitas Free Zone

Wow, I saw one of these in a game today.
Old 2014-05-01, 23:34   Link #12365
nosaer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Wow, I saw one of these in a game today.
How was it? From what I've seen premium tanks tend to have good armor, but crap guns...atleast most of the premium tanks released on the 360 so far.
nosaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 23:59   Link #12366
Gravitas Free Zone

I didn't have much of a chance to get into a direct confrontation with it, it was hanging back from the immediate frontline and my team swept the other flank before I could get a look at it.

Meanwhile... I had a guy who was running with a platoonmate run my tank over while they were driving to wherever they were going. Actually, given about a 30-ton weight difference, this resulted in my vehicle being pushed sideways in front of them (and blocking a shot) before I hit terrain and got free (and got blown up by enemy fire in the process).

Too bad I only have a limited number of complaints to give. Sending in a customer service ticket would be too much bother, so I just did the other practical thing and dumped them into my blocked chat list so I'll recognize them if I see them again as having done something stupid.
Old 2014-05-02, 01:51   Link #12367
LeoXiao
思想工作

The Russian server is hugely populated at all times of day. At night there are "only" 60-90K people online, and it went up to 270K by about noonish.

Historical battles seem to have been designed solely with RU in mind, because contrary to my experiences on NA, it seems to be the Soviets who tend to get mauled by Tigers quite easily on Kursk (haven't gotten a high enough tank to try the others yet), despite having a bunch of SU152s. I'm not sure what that says about the ability of the average RU player but at least they still have enough people to participate in the game mode, unlike here.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 03:40   Link #12368
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I don't know what it is about my SU-100M1 but apparently the stars aligned once again

Spoiler:
Old 2014-05-02, 08:51   Link #12369
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I'm not sure what that says about the ability of the average RU player but at least they still have enough people to participate in the game mode, unlike here.
They're doing their best to live up/down to their historical reputation?
Old 2014-05-02, 10:46   Link #12370
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
I don't know what it is about my SU-100M1 but apparently the stars aligned once again
The SU100M1 is a good tank. I hated it for the first 100mm gun, but the last one made a world of difference despite not increasing the damage or penetration.

Quote:
They're doing their best to live up/down to their historical reputation?
My guess is that there are less idiot wehraboos on RU, and more RUSSIA STRONK people. So the guys in German tanks actually know how to play them.
Old 2014-05-02, 11:24   Link #12371
Gravitas Free Zone

The monthly event for May to June gets you a free T34.

https://imgur.com/a/9NT9G
Old 2014-05-02, 12:10   Link #12372
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
The monthly event for May to June gets you a free T34.

https://imgur.com/a/9NT9G
Sweet one, now... How much exp one has to get in total? And is in all the vehicles or limmited to a single vehicle class/tier/nation?
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 13:31   Link #12373
Gravitas Free Zone

Edited with obvious speculation:

The suggestion is that it would be like the IS-6 event; 100K XP across every nation. Which makes my keeping at least one or two Tier 5s and 6s for each nation somewhat practical.
Old 2014-05-02, 22:31   Link #12374
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

^^ I`m not gonna buy an IS-6 yet.
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 00:37   Link #12375
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

There is a similar event going on for SEA at the moment for the T26E4 SuperPershing which requires 75,000 XP for each nation. I'll see how my progress goes on it while playing normally for a few weeks before deciding if I'll grind it out or not.
Old 2014-05-03, 07:45   Link #12376
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

premium tanks are good but lack in some areas where normal tanks don't lack..... at least it can be used as a farmer if you know what i mean (XP [crew and free xp] and Creds wise)
Old 2014-05-03, 21:03   Link #12377
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Does anyone know if the patch is working fine by now? I'm starting to feel the itch again.

Quote:
There is a similar event going on for SEA at the moment for the T26E4 SuperPershing which requires 75,000 XP for each nation. I'll see how my progress goes on it while playing normally for a few weeks before deciding if I'll grind it out or not.
Unless they plan to rebuff it soon, not worth it. Its front armor -- once a very useful tool -- is obsolete, and you *must* fire gold, so not a particularly good credit maker compared to other premiums.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 21:34   Link #12378
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I think it depends on the player using the tank, even if it got nerfed, I think a capable player could probably still make it work out.

But your right about having to load prem rounds on the 90mm gun for tier 8/9 games.

They need to buff the engine power, its too slow, it feels like the T95 with a turret and spaced armor and make the premium rounds more cheaper.
Old 2014-05-03, 22:47   Link #12379
LeoXiao
思想工作

For me, the patch has removed random crashes but caused significant FPS drops and increased CPU heat.
Old 2014-05-04, 05:01   Link #12380
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
I think it depends on the player using the tank, even if it got nerfed, I think a capable player could probably still make it work out.
A capable player can make anything work, though, so I don't think it counts. They would also not play the Super Pershing, because it lacks speed and capable players like speed (to influence games you're losing, you tend to need to move a lot).

That said they really did nerf its front armor hard. That was the only thing it had going for it, and even then it was full of holes, so this was really a "fuck you Americans" kind of nerf (of ALL the tanks that needed to be nerfed, they killed an already mediocre tank's only strength). The historic example of the Super Pershing had a gun that can blast holes in big, nasty fascist machines, so they weren't even doing it justice in the first place.

Now it's just crippled, period. No speed, useless armor, bad gun. Mediocre soft stats (the normal Pershing is better). What is it good for? Absolutely nothing.

Yes I'm still bitter. And after they killed the Super Pershing they introduced the obscene Rhoomba-WTF line. Balance my ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao
For me, the patch has removed random crashes but caused significant FPS drops and increased CPU heat.
Sounds like a wait til 9.1 then.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks