AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-09-12, 16:02   Link #621
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Setsuna is a Youkai not a demon, Youkai in Eastern mytholoy are similar to Trolls, Faries, elves, goblins of western mythologies.

Non-human, Long live but not immortal.

A Crow-Demon or Youkai is a Tengu.
Some Youkais are immortal on the sense that they don't die of old age, but that depend on the story.

Also while there is some similarities, Setsuna was a half-Uzoku, and not Tengu.

Here some info from the volumes and Negima bible as translated by Vetus on this matter:
Spoiler for big:

While I'm not much on the theory of they being Uzoku, revisiting volume 6 and the uzoku design on the end, the mask do look like their beaks.

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2013-09-12 at 16:31.
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 16:53   Link #622
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Whew! That fight scared me to death. Good thing they were immortals but you don't usually see a fight where you got your head sever in an instant then pop it back in an instant!

It usually flies off or the other way around.

Although, if Koroumaru really is a guy, you don't normally think that Touta demands perverted things; It is more plausible if he is a "woman".

Over all, it was a good fight! Two-thumbs up with a bell.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 16:58   Link #623
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Two things that I have to say after reading this chapter:

1. Is that a Pactio card I see in the bottom-leftmost panel of page 12? If so, looks like that other sword (i.e. the one that Kuroumaru allowed Touta to use for the fight, but he refused) could have some sort of power to it.

2. So, how long until we get some UQ Holder/Skullgirls crossover fanart (as the first thing that came to mind when it came to Touta's trick is Miss Fortune)?
Old 2013-09-12, 17:04   Link #624
Sakuratsuki

Kuroumaru a boy or a girl? mmmmm ...............

Ken Akamtsu please don't tease us.
Old 2013-09-12, 17:18   Link #625
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
1. Is that a Pactio card I see in the bottom-leftmost panel of page 12? If so, looks like that other sword (i.e. the one that Kuroumaru allowed Touta to use for the fight, but he refused) could have some sort of power to it.
Do you mean bottom rightmost panel? In that panel it seems to me it's just part of thw sword as it's starting to come through some portal.
Old 2013-09-12, 17:24   Link #626
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargor View Post
Her demeanor. She probably doesn't have the drive to be a over the top mistress of evil anymore, and most people would probably take that as a sign of weakness. I'd be surprised if she actually lost any of her powers. That, most if not all of 3-A passing away affected her more then what she lets on...well, for a time at least.
Spot on! Eva hasn't lost a step at all as best as I can tell.

Spoiler for CH 4:

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 18:38   Link #627
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

after reading chapter 4...
now i`m pretty sure that Kuroumaru was a girl
her reaction and her attidute made me realize!
Old 2013-09-12, 18:58   Link #628
ReddyRedWolf

Now that Kuromaru is established as an immortal this certainly increase the possibility those four unnamed male characters are Touta's friends all grown up.

The bob head Mahora school girl could be Shinobu as few years later. As Shinobu looks like a elementary school kid with those kids.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 19:05   Link #629
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Spot on! Eva hasn't lost a step at all as best as I can tell.

Spoiler for CH 4:
I had an impression that Kuroumaru is the clan's next successor and the typical scenario:

1. Kill Eva, gain the respect and authority of the clan or other clans, eliminating any gender issues.

2. Clan leader can't be female so if "she" dies, then it's still a win for the clan.

If Kuroumaru is really a girl, this may be a reason why she dress like a boy.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 21:01   Link #630
Team Rocket Elite

At the start of the chapter some of the clan members refer to Kuroumaru as "he". Was it like that in Japanese? I've heard people say that in the previous chapters the translators sometimes used gender specific pronouns when they weren't supposed to.
Old 2013-09-12, 21:39   Link #631
Tranhieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
At the start of the chapter some of the clan members refer to Kuroumaru as "he". Was it like that in Japanese? I've heard people say that in the previous chapters the translators sometimes used gender specific pronouns when they weren't supposed to.
I have yet seen the raw but in most cases they use gender neutral pronouns.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 21:51   Link #632
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I had an impression that Kuroumaru is the clan's next successor and the typical scenario:

1. Kill Eva, gain the respect and authority of the clan or other clans, eliminating any gender issues.

2. Clan leader can't be female so if "she" dies, then it's still a win for the clan.

If Kuroumaru is really a girl, this may be a reason why she dress like a boy.
No, it was pretty clear that Kuromaru was a disposable pawn. Whether (s)he kills Eva or not, the clan's intentions were clear that they would never respect an immortal monster.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 22:16   Link #633
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

I sincerely hope Kuro is a male who just happen to have a really feminime manner
Old 2013-09-12, 23:19   Link #634
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Not quite, Motoko was using Ni no Tachi as well in Love Hina and that was hardly superpowered, compared to Negima at least. I'm sure Setsuna could have done Ni no Tachi from the get go, if not for her issues. We're still a far way from the sort of swordsmanship we saw in Setsuna vs Tsukiyomi, for example.
Ni no Tachi wasn't about raw power though. It's simply such a pure technique that it's absolute against demonic entities to the point where it can damage even RT2 Negi. Swordsmanship is something else of course, but in terms of powerful techniques, Zanmaken Ninotachi is one of the most effective techniques (when it hits).

I particularly like that you can't even use a hostage to hide against it =)
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 01:36   Link #635
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

I prefer adult Evangeline so much more than the illegal one I hope she'd stay that way, it would be a nice way for this series to distinguish itself from Negima.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 02:00   Link #636
mechdra

I do hope we get a teenage Eva to match up with Touta. That is the gap that needs to be filled.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 02:48   Link #637
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
I do hope we get a teenage Eva to match up with Touta. That is the gap that needs to be filled.
Touta isn't even a teen he is 12.

I have a feeling that Kuromaru is girl as the last two girls are tomboys that went dere for the protagonist as time goes on.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 03:20   Link #638
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

I prefer adult Evangeline so much more than the illegal one I hope she'd stay that way, it would be a nice way for this series to distinguish itself from Negima.
Great minds think alike.
Old 2013-09-13, 03:36   Link #639
mechdra

I do hope Kurou is like Subaru from Mayoi Chiki. He might need to kill off Touta once he finds out the truth.

Yukihime stepping on Touta look interesting. I guess Touta is a M for some reason.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-13, 03:39   Link #640
Tenzen12

More chapters I read, I getting more conviced Kuromaru is girly guy.

In other hands I don't think Eva would be binded by that anti-magic from chapter one if she was in full power. So I do belive she is weaker.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love