AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-06-14, 13:46   Link #261
IceHism

Hey at least they have a guy who is aware of what he is doing this episode. Standard episode for me. The mushi wasn't very interesting. Though bleeding breast milk gave me a good laugh
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 04:51   Link #262
Dop
Mmmm....

ANN:The official website for the Mushishi: The Next Chapter television anime confirmed that episode 10 will air as the last broadcasted episode of the anime's "first half" next week. The website already lists episodes 11 and 12 as Part I and Part II of "Odoro no Michi" (Path of Thorns), and these two episodes will be included on the anime's third Blu-ray Disc/DVD volume.

Well so long as we get them eventually, I guess. Would be nice if the episodes turned up on Crunchyroll eventually, but I suppose that's unlikely at least until after the Japanese blurays are out.

Hopefully the second cour won't have the same issues, or they'll have got a few episodes 'in hand' over the summer.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 13:05   Link #263
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Shucks, I was looking forward to seeing that story animated, as I'm sure every Mushishi fan did for a very obvious reason.
Old 2014-06-15, 20:24   Link #264
Hazou
Immortal Flames

I am honestly left with a WTF factor about this episode

Burn strongly and freely, my immortal flames.
Hazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 17:50   Link #265
MCAL

8-9:
These episode definitely had the Mushi in more antagonistic roles (Though in the end, they are just doing what they need to do to survive). I definitely preferred the 9th episode over the 8th. In fact it was one of the better Mushi-shi episodes so far.

10:
Now this was interesting. The entire episode focused entirely on Ginko, which I don't think has happened before. It was definitely different. I admit I smirked when it was revealed it was all the Mountain Lord's plan to get Ginko's Kouki. You just can't escape from them.

It is a shame we'll have to wait until November to get those last two episode (And a 2-Parter as well. Peeks my curiosity immensely), but at least we'll have more episodes in the Fall. The first part of this season was great as it is naturally should have been, though while I love this show a lot, I just don't know why I don't love it enough to give it a 10/10. Maybe I'm not always in the right mood while watching it. I suppose it does say a lot about the series that I almost don't care. Anime desperately needs shows like Mushi-shi now then they did ever. 9/10. AOTY without a doubt though. I just don't see anything beating it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velleitie View Post
Anybody know when the Blu-ray/DVD will be out?
November according to the release schedule of the blu-rays.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-21, 08:55   Link #266
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 10 - last ep of the season

Another beautiful ep.... I love the etheral blend Mushishi is able to present so consistently in terms of visuals, audio and the strong yet subdued chsracters of both Ginko and the mushi themselves. Just plain lovely....

After thinking back over the season (please, please let the next cour of Mushishi in the Fall air with no troubles!) I think the ep that made the biggest impact on me was the one with the snowflake mushi in the perpetually snowed in mountain village. Even with that, though, there were many excelkent and moving eps.

Definitely best series for me this season...
Old 2014-06-21, 09:11   Link #267
Dop
Mmmm....

The sun is beating in through my window, but as I watched episode 10 a chill spread over me. Mushishi draws you into its world so well.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-21, 11:49   Link #268
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

well, damn. This ending at ten episodes was a surprise.

Good episode as always.
Old 2014-06-21, 12:18   Link #269
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'd heard that this episode was one of the weakest prior to watching it, but to me, it was one of the strongest of this season. I thought it was very refreshing that there was no "case to solve" for Ginko this week. He was actually a part of an on-going case he never managed to have any control over. He was played like a damn fiddle by the Mountain Lord. Not very often you see Ginko so helpless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
It is a shame we'll have to wait until November to get those last two episode (And a 2-Parter as well. Peeks my curiosity immensely), but at least we'll have more episodes in the Fall. The first part of this season was great as it is naturally should have been, though while I love this show a lot, I just don't know why I don't love it enough to give it a 10/10. Maybe I'm not always in the right mood while watching it. I suppose it does say a lot about the series that I almost don't care. Anime desperately needs shows like Mushi-shi now then they did ever. 9/10. AOTY without a doubt though. I just don't see anything beating it.
I haven't seen you post in the Ping Pong thread. You should watch it if you haven't. Strong contender for AOTY. In fact, quite a few of us liked it better than this season of Mushishi.
Old 2014-06-21, 18:59   Link #270
Hazou
Immortal Flames

I feel deeply unsatisified right now. It just didn't feel like an actual ending. Probably because it wasn't actually meant to be the ending. So grrrr.

The weakest episodes to me were the Wind Raiser Episode, Girl with Water Shadow, and Bleeding Breastmilk

Strongest episodes that resented with me were the Sakura Episode, the Guy who thought he was the god of the mountains, and the boy who lost his sister in the lake.

Burn strongly and freely, my immortal flames.
Hazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 04:24   Link #271
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
I admit I smirked when it was revealed it was all the Mountain Lord's plan to get Ginko's Kouki. You just can't escape from them.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 10:40   Link #272
Solafighter
Hige

This was simply amazing. Can't wait till Fall to see more.
Old 2014-06-22, 14:54   Link #273
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Whilst it was amusing to see Ginko get mugged by a magical turtle, it's still a pain that this series has ended so soon. Every episode has just been absolutely fantastic for me so I'm just left wanting more.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 21:05   Link #274
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Yeah, only ten episodes is a little painful.

Turtle lord definitely seemed like the wise sage he turned out to be from the moment he appeared.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-24, 17:13   Link #275
IceHism

Hmmm, haven't written what i thought about this.

Disliked character art(mostly because they were fat and miyazaki-esque) but background art is beautiful.

All Stories were really simple. Simple bores me. I like some stories like Snowflakes, Sakura Tree, Turtle, and rain. Some are really terrible like water shadow. simple stories are okay but not what i think a good anime should have. average.

The only quality that most of the characters (excluding ginko who is awesome) have is stupidity so i found most of the characters terribly boring. so bad characters.

Soundtrack is great.

Ending is severely hampered because they are missing two episodes.

7/10, i did not feel the gushing i was expecting i would feel but the author's intent is pretty clear so that's a plus.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 05:38   Link #276
RoboMambo

I really like the firt season, but this one left me cold. I think it's the extra focus on the human element of the stories. In most episodes the muchis weren't central nor too interesting, but the people despite getting more focus than in the first season never worked for, neither as characters nor their stories. It wasn't bad, not close, but it just couldn't ever make me care. 6/10

The first and last episodes, the hunter and the snow ones were the ones I liked. The sakura episode was so bad it drained my goodwill towards the show and made me realise how most episodes bored me.

I realise now that slow calm and ambiental anime bore me.
RoboMambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-25, 09:34   Link #277
cyth
Banned

Well, ambiental anime is like you have to watch them when you're in the right state of mind.

Other than that, I think you're doing a show disservice by diving into it, knowing it's low-tempo, expecting it to be something else.

I enjoyed nearly all episodes this season, except the sakura one, also I don't think the quality of episodes or their stature was that different from the first season. The special and the snowflake episode don't have many challengers from the first season, I think these two are in a different league than the rest.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-28, 04:18   Link #278
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Good news, everyone! Episode 11 and 12 will air on August 20th.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-august/.76060

Glad we won't have to wait until November.
Old 2014-08-22, 07:04   Link #279
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I knew "Road of Thorns" was going to pack an emotional punch, but the adaptation didn't disappoint. Maybe the most chilling Mushishi to date, and that's saying something.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-22, 09:32   Link #280
MCAL

Perhaps the best episode so far. More disturbing than any of the Mushi-shi stories so far. And considering this show has brought us Mushi who make draem come alive and kills everybody and one that possesses another and lets them kill animals, that's saying something. Liked the rare nod to continuity here with the "Sea of Writings" story too.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote