Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-03, 07:52   Link #5861
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
the first 2 was easy win, the 3rd one the enemy team went full suicide, XVM must have told them they had no chance
Actually your team had only a 48% chance of winning in the Erlenberg match. Problem is, the enemy teamkilled THEN one of their team (an 1S at that) suicided. So the match was yours.

And hey, premium-round weekend yet again. Derp squads are once more in evidence! Oi.
Old 2013-05-03, 08:02   Link #5862
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

I have feeling I dont want to play this game anymore. not because I keep losing but because it feel like I dont improve at all

We need team training

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 08:22   Link #5863
Blaat

EU weekend bonuses are out, again no garage slot discount. Anyway I'm planning to buy the T-34-1 and the T-34-85.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I'm really starting to gel with the Black Prince now that my crew is 100% again and I surprise myself at some of the other heavies I've managed to take out in a brawl.

Though the IS-3 and 8 are a massive pain for it as they're just bouncy all over and have no noticeable weak point head on =/

Any tips on dealing with them ?
If you're in a face hugging with an IS-3 you can try and aim for the two small hatches on turret although I'm not sure if you're able to aim at it with the low height Black Prince.

BTW do you still have your Cromwell? If so 80% credit bonus should help your lack of credits situation.
Old 2013-05-03, 09:04   Link #5864
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ As someone that has really fallen in love with his Black Prince .. there are things you can do and things you cannot do. One of things you cannot do is fight Tier 8/9 brawler tanks head on..

Remember that the Black Prince has troll armor and ROF but an IS-3 out DPMs you and has no problem penetrating your armor in most places.. in particular up close. You're of more use to your team elsewhere..

(So I double-checked, I have a 56% win rate over ~180 games playing the tank with a mostly 75% crew and no equipment. It's still a beautiful beautiful tank.)
Old 2013-05-03, 09:32   Link #5865
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
When in doubt, I always follow this:

rear hull < rear turret < side hull < side turret < frontal lower plate < frontal upper plate < frontal turret face

Of course exceptions exist but that's a good general plan to use, I think.

IS-8 is actually really squishy, other than the turret and upper plates it's actually really squishy. I think it's lower frontal plate is somewhere around 140mm effective armor. It creates the odd situation where the tier 9 medium of the same nation (T-54) has better frontal protection than the tier 9 heavy tank (IS-8).
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 09:35   Link #5866
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

And I have officially killed everything there is to kill in the American tech tree.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 09:38   Link #5867
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Not because I keep losing but because it feel like I dont improve at all.
Actually looking by your records, you're still a cut above most of the guys getting invited to MUP. Plus again, it's not like we're in a hurry anyway -- remember, a good lot of us are casual players, which means improvement is incremental rather than leaps and bounds.

Heck, look at me. I'm happy to be even one or two wins up over my losses. It's why when I get a phenomenal run -- see the platoon I had with Kimi and Irenicus -- I have to sit back for a while to take it in. It's very rare.
Old 2013-05-03, 09:52   Link #5868
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I try not to brawl at allin the BP if I can help it especially when I'm in a game with T8/9's but theres times when they come to you and not being a very quick tank theres little you can do aside from trying to track them and either to escape or alternatively get around to their side/rear to bury a few rounds in them if they are on lowish HP.

Blaat sadly I don't, I had to sell it to afford the black prince =[ but I did keep its crew and modules with the intension of buying it back later and luckily thanks to the 40% cred boost last weekend on the AT8 I was able to claw back some credits.

In fact enough to buy a Jumbo Sherman with a couple of hundred left to spare, that said I still need to grind for the last upgrade modules which will take a bit of effort.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 10:09   Link #5869
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

After two wins tonight, I figured that I need to bail, as I quickly noticed how people were, once again, taking advantage of the Premium Round sale to throw around as much APCR and HEAT as possible. Will likely play only when platooned, and even then I don't expect it to be enough to mitigate the "FFFSSSSSSSK" factor of getting penetrated when you normally shouldn't be.
Old 2013-05-03, 10:22   Link #5870
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Hmm, looking over the clan war details, it would appear to me the new changes is Wargaming's way of making a terrible effort at balancing. Or maybe they are just trolling.

Sure, the T-62A is OP, so lets balance it by making players unable to use it more than 30 hours!!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 10:31   Link #5871
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Had some seriously frustrating matches at the end of the day yesterday. 2 right in a row in which my 4 kills equaled the rest of my team's total combined. When you are essentially holding an entire flank yourself because the couple people that went with you died instantly, and you notice the flank the majority of your team went to is being wiped out to the man without a single enemy casualty despite vastly outnumbering them, is there anything to do besides just write it off as a loss? (I am not good enough to kill the entire rest of the enemy team myself like some people here seem to be).
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 10:51   Link #5872
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
*snips*
Some days you just have to roll with the punches, and make up for th difference in the following matches. And depending on your tank at the time, there's very little you CAN do.

Had a match like that earlier, where I thought I was a goner in Middlefield, as I went over the rail early and pretty much got stuck between a building and 4 other tanks -- a non-derp Sherman, a Hetzer, a M3 Lee, and an M7. An allied M7 followed me, but just got in the way of my maneuvering. In the end, we were pretty much the only part of the team left on the left side of the map... which was when I suppose the enemy team got cocky.

In short order, I took out the Lee, then the M7, then a T25 that came back to get me. And in the confusion, the Hetzer forgot I was there, so when I turned the corner, it still had its side to me, so I blasted it to kingdom come. Finally the M4 went down, so what was left of us, including one of our arty, came and rushed their base. We destroyed their arty, then the 3 of us capped, while what was left of THEIR team chased our remaining arty at our flag.

End result. We won, they didn't. Sometimes not panicking plays a part too.
Old 2013-05-03, 10:53   Link #5873
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

WoT is becoming Pay-to-Win when on weekend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Actually looking by your records, you're still a cut above most of the guys getting invited to MUP. Plus again, it's not like we're in a hurry anyway -- remember, a good lot of us are casual players, which means improvement is incremental rather than leaps and bounds.

Heck, look at me. I'm happy to be even one or two wins up over my losses. It's why when I get a phenomenal run -- see the platoon I had with Kimi and Irenicus -- I have to sit back for a while to take it in. It's very rare.
I dunno it just...*sigh* mostly RL issue really. I kinda depressed this day. I thought playing WoT make me less depressed. turn out it's complete opposite

Old 2013-05-03, 10:54   Link #5874
willx
Nyaaan~~

Just saw this on the WoT forums .. do I hope to dream!?

Quote:
From Storm:

- in 8.6, heavily armored tanks in general will be changed (SS: as in buffed)
- in 8.6, "there will be changes in armor mechanics"

Do I dare dream?
Old 2013-05-03, 10:55   Link #5875
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

well consider there will be more arty. of course they need to buff heavy

Old 2013-05-03, 11:10   Link #5876
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
*snips*
When I feel depressed, I don't go for a videogame like this; instead I break out a random episode of either ARIA, Sketchbook, or Tamayura, and sit back and relax. Or of you're the action-loving sort, a Super Robot anime.

Playing in pubs in WoT isn't what I'd advise to relax when you're already feeling like BS.

As for heavies, about time. The German end-game heavies in particular need all the help they can get, as they're really as useful as paperweights at this point.
Old 2013-05-03, 11:12   Link #5877
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
When I feel depressed, I don't go for a videogame like this; instead I break out a random episode of either ARIA, Sketchbook, or Tamayura, and sit back and relax. Or of you're the action-loving sort, a Super Robot anime.

Playing in pubs in WoT isn't what I'd advise to relax when you're already feeling like BS.

As for heavies, about time. The German end-game heavies in particular need all the help they can get, as they're really as useful as paperweights at this point.
E-100 has the boomstick of doom! Nothing like 900 damage hits to make people shiver. Then again, running up to a JpzE100 in one is still a painful experience.
Old 2013-05-03, 12:37   Link #5878
Gravitas Free Zone

This screenshot has not been validated for replicability.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 13:10   Link #5879
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

@wil, meh you still have to wait... wat 16 secs per shot if you have the 130mm or something... the last gun. The Maus is overrated, it needs a pen buff or rotation traverse spd buff, rather the former cuz if its suppose to be slow at turning then it should receive a pen buff to its gun, so it can play on par with the Jgpz E100 and E100..... it doesn't need a HP buff, i would rather see most heavies get debuffed hp to the lvl of the E5.

@UTE, i don't believe. how did that happen?

@RWBlade, you know there is a thing called platooning, and they let normal account have up to 2 other players, I think its about time you use that resource of wingmans, maybe your games would increase drastically, depending that your platoon wingmans aren't crap players, also we don't have that many MUPers that actually play low nub tiers anymore, which makes me wonder why ES still has his tier IIs... although i think i need a Tier II to kill the russian T60, but i think i'll just get the T18 and kill one then sell it again, XD... then all i need is to kill the I.panzer, the tier 9 leo wanna be, and the Obj. 263 Tier 10 TD.
Old 2013-05-03, 13:11   Link #5880
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

That map still feels slightly buggy to me in general. One time after ramming someone on a hill I got stuck in the ground and could not move at all for the rest of the match.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks