AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > News & Politics

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-05-17, 03:28   Link #321
Ithekro
The Comet has Come
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 39
Not pardon the turkey come Thanksgiving?
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 03:38   Link #322
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I was going to say «nuke California», but the republicans would love for the democrats to lose those electoral votes.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 03:43   Link #323
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Iwakawa base and Chaldea
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
This is just getting weird. At this point Trump is just taunting everyone to do something about him. Handing over classified information to Russia and put spies and international relationships at risk? Sure why not. Fire an FBI director after trying to make him pledge loyalty to him, telling him to drop an investigation, and then firing him when he doesn't? Sounds like fun. Rushing a Health Care Bill that basically no one read? Bring it on.

What does this guy have to do for these people to take action? Throw a puppy out a window on video?
It would also require a good bunch of people who voted him to fucking stop worshipping him like the Messiah or the God Emperor of Mankind.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 04:11   Link #324
ganbaru
books-eater youkai
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Betweem wisdom and insanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
This is just getting weird. At this point Trump is just taunting everyone to do something about him. Handing over classified information to Russia and put spies and international relationships at risk? Sure why not. Fire an FBI director after trying to make him pledge loyalty to him, telling him to drop an investigation, and then firing him when he doesn't? Sounds like fun. Rushing a Health Care Bill that basically no one read? Bring it on.

What does this guy have to do for these people to take action? Throw a puppy out a window on video?
Even if Trump would be impeached, the GOP would still have both chambers and the White House and it isn't like Pence as next POTUS is a reassuring though.
Instead of a fall to disaster it will be a slow descent to it.
__________________
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 05:29   Link #325
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
This is just getting weird. At this point Trump is just taunting everyone to do something about him. Handing over classified information to Russia and put spies and international relationships at risk? Sure why not. Fire an FBI director after trying to make him pledge loyalty to him, telling him to drop an investigation, and then firing him when he doesn't? Sounds like fun. Rushing a Health Care Bill that basically no one read? Bring it on.

What does this guy have to do for these people to take action? Throw a puppy out a window on video?
The large majority of republicans does not care. Their voters love him for messing up the establishment (despite the fact that he is only pretending to do so) and their politicians love him for rolling back anything coming from the democrats (despite the fact that he achieved nothing in his presidency so far). They live in a dream and nothing else matters to them. The past? Long forgotten. The future? Who cares.
Eisdrache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 17:34   Link #326
James Rye
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germany
Just read that Robert Mueller became special investigator in the case of Trump and his Russia ties. Looks serious if the reps let that happen before Trump could get the Trumpcare, tax cuts and other economic reforms through.
__________________
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 17:49   Link #327
MCAL
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
https://mobile.twitter.com/washingto...63759735013376

Also this too.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 18:12   Link #328
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Just read that Robert Mueller became special investigator in the case of Trump and his Russia ties. Looks serious if the reps let that happen before Trump could get the Trumpcare, tax cuts and other economic reforms through.
I don't think that the Republicans in congress could have stopped this. It was all up to DAG Rosenstein if he wanted to appoint one or not.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Ryan has to be one Trump lackey that's happy about the special council being appointed since that will bury this story.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 19:38   Link #329
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I don't think that the Republicans in congress could have stopped this. It was all up to DAG Rosenstein if he wanted to appoint one or not.
and Rosentein is probably piss that Trump hung him out to dry for the Comey firing. And the worst trump can do to Rosenstein is fire him and tto Rosenstein that is the equivalent of a get out of jail card.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 22:49   Link #330
Applehell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Just read that Robert Mueller became special investigator in the case of Trump and his Russia ties. Looks serious if the reps let that happen before Trump could get the Trumpcare, tax cuts and other economic reforms through.
Just saw the new too and it's about time. The best part is that DOH did without giving WH with barely time react, somebody is pissed.

Actually in this current poltitcal environment the Rebups aren't going to get much done now that has come to this stage.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
As we needed any more proof that the GOP would sell US down a river if they could. Absolute swine.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-18, 12:23   Link #331
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Iwakawa base and Chaldea
Age: 37
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...73176854204416

Said the guy who smeared Obama for years, and got his cult to chant "Lock her up" at Hillary
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-18, 18:36   Link #332
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
This might come as a surprise to Donald Trump but action provokes reaction, especially if you're a person highly exposed to the public who can influence the life of millions of others. Maybe he should have thought about that before running for president.
Eisdrache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 14:36   Link #333
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
This might come as a surprise to Donald Trump but action provokes reaction, especially if you're a person highly exposed to the public who can influence the life of millions of others. Maybe he should have thought about that before running for president.
the fact that trump is president is the fault is on the voters.
The voters who didn't vote,
The voters who fell for his lines about bring back blue collar jobs that would pay $30 a hour
The voters who wanted to be pure
The voters who wants a tax cut
The voters who wanted to make a statement
The Voters who didn't do their due diligence.

The voters decided who is president, this completely the voters responsibility.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 15:16   Link #334
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
That's a completely different matter. Trump's motivation for running and his actions during his presidency are his very own doing and not that of the voters.
Eisdrache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 15:59   Link #335
Valky
Radioactive
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Big Durian
Comey basically screwing with both of Trump and Hillary huh.

With the addition of new special counsel, it's interesting to see what will they find out after they dig Trump's financials. I know the investigation were mainly focused on the russian interference and collusion part, but will it also includes things like corruption?

Then again, even if he somehow got impeached and successfully dragged down, with Pence as president, the republicans still holding the house, senate .. and paul ryan probably as VP .. yeah .. probably still not so good of a news for people that are concerned about health care and environment.
__________________
Dreaming Alone.
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 18:19   Link #336
Toukairin
Mountain Rescuer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: A city with a small mountain in the middle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Comey basically screwing with both of Trump and Hillary huh.

With the addition of new special counsel, it's interesting to see what will they find out after they dig Trump's financials. I know the investigation were mainly focused on the russian interference and collusion part, but will it also includes things like corruption?

Then again, even if he somehow got impeached and successfully dragged down, with Pence as president, the republicans still holding the house, senate .. and paul ryan probably as VP .. yeah .. probably still not so good of a news for people that are concerned about health care and environment.
The right thing for Comey to do back then was to say that there were separate investigations on both candidates. After the nature of the investigations is revealed, then people would be the judge.

Collusion and corruption rarely go without each other. So I guess Mueller will probably have people looking at the finances, probably friends from the IRS.

I think people somewhat wrongly believe that Pence is made of Teflon when he certainly is not. If Trump goes down, then Pence would go under the microscope. I don't think he would cope too well, especially when he embodies what goes wrong in Washington in the eyes of millions of people. From the moment Pence became the running mate, it was clear that Trump had no clear plan B. Pence is just a bobblehead guy waiting to get whacked like Gerald Ford got nailed from the second he served as acting President.

Last edited by Toukairin; 2017-05-19 at 23:08.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 22:32   Link #337
MCAL
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...complete-moron

You know, I'm getting the sense that Trump's team doesn't really like him.....

Or maybe that's just me.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 22:41   Link #338
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I don't think they ever liked him. He's an outsider and a former democrat after all. (for whatever that label is worth)

it's about whether they can use him or not
__________________
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-22, 04:14   Link #339
James Rye
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germany
Looks like tomorrow the Trump government will show their new health care saving plans by cutting 800 billions in the next ten years from it. That is quite a lot of money, but man so much money taken from such an, for poor people at least, important facility is pretty cruel to those people. Especially given that a lot of them voted for Trump too.
__________________
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-22, 04:49   Link #340
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Iwakawa base and Chaldea
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Looks like tomorrow the Trump government will show their new health care saving plans by cutting 800 billions in the next ten years from it. That is quite a lot of money, but man so much money taken from such an, for poor people at least, important facility is pretty cruel to those people. Especially given that a lot of them voted for Trump too.
I remember how some people compared the coming of Trump to Presidency to a Faustian pact. I'd argue that the Devil have more integrity than that.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.