AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-05-16, 12:33   Link #2501
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Xfire: Donakero is right. It was said that he still hasn't gotten Ser-Versta to fully acccept him, which is part of the reason why can't control its size and shape on his own. See-Versta's true master would be able to able to control its size and shape on his/her own at will. Ayato can't do that. I don't remember what match it was, but Julis had to help make it more manageable during one of their matches since she's better at controlling her Prana than he is.

Edit: One post late.
Ayato has more raw power, but his control of it sucks.

[My Signature size should be completely fine; I even checked it. So what's the problem?]
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-16, 14:45   Link #2502
Roberto1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Remind me why he can't just vaporize her with his sword?
well until now they only "fought" once, and in that fight ayato like any good harem MC was Prioritizing julis safety, i think that he can beat her now.
Roberto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 04:43   Link #2503
Dorakero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto1 View Post
with stronger i mean he has more physical power, am i sure he can lift far more weight, so his physical attacks are far more powerful, and with skilled i mean he knows martial arts and he is a swordsman while the girl is neither martial artist nor swordsman.
When say about physical power Ophelia still stronger than him because she have more prana than ayato
And we are saying about fighting skill (it mean every skill)
It just compare single skill I can say saya have more skill about gun than ayato and it seem unfair
And until now we don't have any detail say orphelia is bad about close combat

Now about the ln, I really want to know the villain plan
Because until know what i see is they just sitting in there and do nothing
No, I don't count when they kidnap flora because it not include in their plan or have any Impact to it

Last edited by LKK; 2017-05-17 at 08:05. Reason: posts merged. don't post multiple times in a row. edit instead.
Dorakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 20:52   Link #2504
PusheenTheCat

Question on spoiler

Hello! Late to the party but blitzed thru the anime (3x) and setsuna translations ... Glad I found you guys! I'm obsessed!

Thanks so much for the summary! Can I ask about the bolded in chapter 1? What was hilarious about it? Can you give more details or snippets of dialogue? I'm all about the character interactions so would like to know more. Also, what was Julis' reaction??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezel View Post
I'm not native eng so here might and will be typo, strange wording, time warps and other things that you can expect from nonnative english speaker.

Spoiler for Summary for v10ch1-6:
PusheenTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 21:11   Link #2505
Roberto1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PusheenTheCat View Post
Hello! Late to the party but blitzed thru the anime (3x) and setsuna translations ... Glad I found you guys! I'm obsessed!

Thanks so much for the summary! Can I ask about the bolded in chapter 1? What was hilarious about it? Can you give more details or snippets of dialogue? I'm all about the character interactions so would like to know more. Also, what was Julis' reaction??

"I'm obsessed!"

i was too, sadly we are not going to read vol 10 and 11 in years, yen press translation is in vol 3, i have vol 10 and 11 right here, but i can´t read japanese
I bought them thinking i could learn japanese and then proceed to read them, but just after 4 sessions, i realize that it was impossible, jananese is just too dificult.

[QUOTE=Dorakero;6085326]When say about physical power Ophelia still stronger than him because she have more prana than ayato
And we are saying about fighting skill (it mean every skill)
It just compare single skill I can say saya have more skill about gun than ayato and it seem unfair
And until now we don't have any detail say orphelia is bad about close combat

having more prana does not give you more physical power, remember the old man who wanted to kill claudia??

he managed to dry ayato's prana, then ayato unleashed his true power but he did not recover his prana, but his speed and strength were upgraded so he raped that old man even without prana just with superior speed and strength.

PD: ayato should have cut the legs of the old man, he almost kill beautifull claudia.

Last edited by Roberto1; 2017-05-17 at 21:47.
Old 2017-05-18, 20:51   Link #2506
PusheenTheCat

Yeah we'll be old and gray by the time the english translations caught up with the Japanese!

However! It appears that setsuna lives! Just saw his latest post on his blog! Really hope he picks up Gakusen again ... Would it be bad if we inundate him with encouragement over there?
Old 2017-05-18, 23:10   Link #2507
Roberto1

Quote:
Yeah we'll be old and gray by the time the english translations caught up with the Japanese!

However! It appears that setsuna lives! Just saw his latest post on his blog! Really hope he picks up Gakusen again ... Would it be bad if we inundate him with encouragement over there?
I already leave a coment there, (He will not accept anyway), Remember that setsuna abandoned the translation, not for pleasure but because the novel was licensed.

The sad truth is that we will have to wait 3 more years, until then i will be reading goblin slayer it's pretty good, good fights, a nice MC, pretty girls harem you should check it out.
Old 2017-05-18, 23:14   Link #2508
PusheenTheCat

Oh yeah? OK i'll check it out, thanks!
Old 2017-05-18, 23:32   Link #2509
DragonOsman
Dragon King

He said before that he might take it back up again if nobody else does. It's possible that he's already changed his mind and won't do it now, but still. I tried to ask on his blog, but let's see what he says.

[My Signature size should be completely fine; I even checked it. So what's the problem?]
Old 2017-05-19, 03:07   Link #2510
Rezel
Evil catgirl translator

Quote:

Spoiler for Dialogue:

*mod snip*

Last edited by Rezel; 2017-05-20 at 04:37. Reason: Mod: series is licensed. don't discuss fan translations.
Rezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 07:02   Link #2511
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So Claudia took her confession back? I know she wants to redo it later, but still. It does make me mad since it can be seen to be allowing Ayato to be a chicken (if he wants to be one). Hopefully he at least realizes that she really does love him. I'd really hate it otherwise.

Old 2017-05-19, 21:03   Link #2512
PusheenTheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezel View Post
Spoiler for Dialogue:

Hehe That is pretty funny! Everyone's line is true to character. (Although I don't get Claudia saying Saya's amazing, too, and not mean it is a compliment.) And I look forward to Julis' enraged disgust for every confession she gets wind of. (Gurlll, hurry up already and get your sh*t together! Lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
So Claudia took her confession back? I know she wants to redo it later, but still. It does make me mad since it can be seen to be allowing Ayato to be a chicken (if he wants to be one). Hopefully he at least realizes that she really does love him. I'd really hate it otherwise.
I didn't really take it as her retracting her confession. More like wanting to improve on It? But regardless, it's already out there. Can't put toothpaste back in the tube, know I mean? Personally, I think after the Gryps Ayato should be upfront with each girl he has no romantic feelings for. Don't give hope if there isn't any.
Old 2017-05-19, 22:48   Link #2513
Dorakero

You are right
Remember when saya confess to him
He blushed
But when he know Claudia love him he even don't care about it
Don't know what reaction he will have when Kirin confess in vol 11?

Last edited by Dorakero; 2017-05-20 at 10:06.
Dorakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-20, 05:26   Link #2514
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Um, he reacted to some extent when it was brought up in that scene that Rezel quoted. I think Ayato just needed more time to take the confession in when Claudia first did it. The very reason she wants a redo is because she knows she should do it in a way that Ayato knows what's going on so he can give her an answer he can be happy with. I don't think his reaction meant he didn't care about her confession. For Saya's one, though, he actually seems to see her more like a sister. Saya herself also said it. So her confession just came as a surprise to Ayato more than anything.

And yeah, like Pusheen said, Julis needs to get her act up. She isn't fooling anyone (accept maybe Ayato) by acting like she doesn't love him. And the only reason she doesn't like the others confessing, according to her, seems to be that it could get in the way of their performance in the Gryps - but I don't think that that's all there is to it. I think she's also jealous but is trying to hide it.

Old 2017-05-20, 14:09   Link #2515
Roberto1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorakero View Post
You are right
Remember when saya confess to him
He blushed
But when he know Claudia love him he even don't care about it
Don't know what reaction he will have when Kirin confess in vol 11?
wut??

he does care, what claudia needs to do is be herself, she just have to stop pretending and show her trueself, the one who made ayato's heart s skip,

-"At such a figure of Claudia that he has never seen so far, Ayato’s heart skipped heavily."-

vol 9 pag:201

Obviously Claudia will have to share, so let's hope that Julis wants to share,
If Julis's brother (a loser) can have many wives, why could not Ayato?
Old 2017-05-20, 19:35   Link #2516
PusheenTheCat

But I don't think it's completely up to Ayato ultimately. Don't the girls have a say on the matter? Heh

Look, regardless of who our choice is as best girl, I think we can all agree that they're all great and we don't want them to get hurt. I don't think that having to share Ayato in a harem is not getting hurt. To me, if they can't have Ayato, what I would want for them is to find another Mr. Right. I get Ayato is the MC, so he's painted as the strongest, swooniest, most virile, manliest man who ever manned (lol) but eh, there are other fish in the sea.

I was actually thinking about this .. who I would want for each girl if they don't win in the Ayato sweepstakes.

Kirin - she can get together with that other talented swordsman kid (Elliott?).

Saya - dunno yet .. Yabuki? Haha

Claudia -- This is hard .. Julis is my best girl, but Claudia is the best character for me. Frankly, I don't think Ayato deserves her. She's too ... woman for him to handle. I first thought of Ernest for her cuz they're both pretty, but they look like siblings .. Actually, you know who I think can handle her - Irene! Hehe Hey if we're going that route, throw in Camilla for Saya! They have chemistry!
Old 2017-05-21, 03:11   Link #2517
DragonOsman
Dragon King

No Yuri, please. Especially when we don't even know if they swing that way.

And I don't think the point is that Ayato is being painted as the manliest man that ever lived. I don't even think it's the case. If it were, the author would've made him manlier. But he seems like a chicken sometimes when it comes to girls.

To me, if the girls who love are happy and can be with him, that's best. If they can't be with him, or if he doesn't want a certain girl, she/they have every right to go with someone else and Ayato had better be man enough to tell them so.

As for the girls having a say in the matter: Kirin, Julis (even if she keeps denying it), Claudia, Saya and Syliva are all in love with him already anyway, so of course they want to be with him. That's their choice. The question now is what Ayato himself wants, and that's where his say in this comes in. Get it?

Old 2017-05-21, 03:54   Link #2518
PusheenTheCat

Oh I get it, no explanation necessary. I simply disagree that loving Ayato equates to being content with sharing or with having a piece of him even if small. That wouldnt and shouldnt be enough to a girl with self-worth. And consolation prize (harem ending) doesnt necessarily mean not getting hurt.

Re yuri - nah just having fun. Just highlighting there aren't really many strong male characters to choose from in this.

I do agree with you though that it's high time we get Ayato's POV already. So he blushes/gets flustered/his heart skips a beat to various degrees with the girls but, need to know now what he's thinking/feeling in the grand scheme of things. Oh! From Revel's summary (I think), Julis
Spoiler:
. To whoever read the chapter, what was Ayato's reaction?? Would really love to know this! There hasn't been any progress on the Ayato x Julis front IN AGESSS!

Last edited by PusheenTheCat; 2017-05-21 at 05:12. Reason: Add spoiler tags
Old 2017-05-21, 04:31   Link #2519
Rezel
Evil catgirl translator

Until the end of v11 Ayato had aim - to find and awake his sister. He acomplished it and now it's the time for love matters. And honestly I don't know how he's going to decide after all that was happened.
Spoiler for Love matters:
Old 2017-05-21, 04:36   Link #2520
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, if all of them are okay with a harem scenario, then a True Harem ending would be best. Otherwise it's OTP. The one thing I'd hate would be an open ending. It has to be either a True Harem or an OTP ending, IMO. And in the case of an OTP ending, IMO it should be Julis, Sylvia or Claudia. The first girl is Julis, though, so she's probably the one who'll win.

But yeah, you're right, we need to know what Ayato thinks already. If Julis was asked out by someone other than Ayato, then knowing what he thinks about that would be a good start. His reaction and what he thinks of it. If he denies liking her romantically, but still shows jealousy, that'd be enough because it'd just mean he's in denial for some reason. Though I'd prefer it if he weren't in denial, either.

Aside from that, I agree with what Roberto said.

Tags
alternate history, fantasy, harem, school life