AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2017-05-16, 16:00   Link #241
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Excuse me... Ithea?
The cat girl. http://i.imgur.com/JTp3Jo4.jpg
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-16, 19:16   Link #242
xrick

LOL, only now did I understand what you were talking about
Old 2017-05-16, 22:24   Link #243
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, forgetting who she is and losing herself was going to be bad enough, but now it'll be worse

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-16, 22:38   Link #244
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So Willem isnt the only 500 year old in that world

Chtholly
Old 2017-05-17, 04:25   Link #245
AC-Phoenix
Detective

That red haired girl there... Is she perhaps a younger version of Ctholly's Weapon's original user?

It would totally fit.
Not even every human can wield dug-weapons and the weaponized fairies are made up of wandering spirits. So... Yeah logic demands that those spirits would have to be able to wield dug-weapons if they were alive... Thus spirits of former human heroes.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Twitch
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 04:51   Link #246
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Not even every human can wield dug-weapons and the weaponized fairies are made up of wandering spirits. So... Yeah logic demands that those spirits would have to be able to wield dug-weapons if they were alive... Thus spirits of former human heroes.
mmm, are you suggesting some convergence between Willem past and present perhaps? Well, at least I don't think her previous orphanage friend (I don't know her name) would fit ... she won't, right?

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 08:25   Link #247
DracoS

Calling it now, Ctholly going to turn out to be that girl he knew 500 years ago. Lovers reunited a age old trope and good for the feels.
DracoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 11:55   Link #248
Cosmic Eagle
西の魔女

All the doom and feels over Kutori and co aside....Anyone else find it oddly hilarious that the literal head of a Beast who gets around on a trolley is aiding the fight against Beasts with a 500+ year old former ally who still retains his childish streak?

す べ て の 想 い に  巡 り 来 る 祝 福 を
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 12:42   Link #249
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
mmm, are you suggesting some convergence between Willem past and present perhaps? Well, at least I don't think her previous orphanage friend (I don't know her name) would fit ... she won't, right?
Yeah I meant something similar to what Draco said. It would kinda fit the explaination that only chosen champions can wield the weapons to begin with.

And Ctholly's spirit looks like a chibi version of the girl we saw in the flashbacks.
To be precise its even the same hair and eye color - heck its even the same sword.

Was really obvious from the moment you know those Puzzle pieces:

Original Wielders looks + Sword + is built out of a 'wandering spirit' + weapon can only be wield be chosen heroes of humanity.

Especially the part about dug weapons only responding to humans was made pretty clear, and the 'imitates humans so can would dug weapons' explaination sounded fishy to begin with.
This episode has basically proven that its fishy by saying they are being produced with necromancy. - If I have to guess the sole reason for the MC asking was to divert people attention away from how fishy this actually is.
Even 'well the weapons decided to respond to others too' would have been less suspicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
All the doom and feels over Kutori and co aside....Anyone else find it oddly hilarious that the literal head of a Beast who gets around on a trolley is aiding the fight against Beasts with a 500+ year old former ally who still retains his childish streak?

Pretty sure there is a backstory behing that, that probably reads into the true reason the beasts came to be.
If I had to guess from the Wizards words he resurrected the fallen humans as beasts or something. Because that would actually make the MC hate him more - plus he mentioned necromancy.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Twitch
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 18:26   Link #250
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
But the timeline does not make sense for him to be a beast.

From what is said to this point humanity supposedly went to war with other species and created the beasts who in turn wiped them out, yet all of that was after Willem was petrified. Yet this thing not only seemingly predates that event, but is also helping against beasts now(which literally would make no sense if it was a beast).

Him being a beast would literally make no sense and since so far nobody really refered to him as one of beasts, there's no way to know what exactly this being is so far.
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-18, 00:18   Link #251
Cosmic Eagle
西の魔女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Dresden View Post
But the timeline does not make sense for him to be a beast.

From what is said to this point humanity supposedly went to war with other species and created the beasts who in turn wiped them out, yet all of that was after Willem was petrified. Yet this thing not only seemingly predates that event, but is also helping against beasts now(which literally would make no sense if it was a beast).

Him being a beast would literally make no sense and since so far nobody really refered to him as one of beasts, there's no way to know what exactly this being is so far.
Isn't Willem the last human to fall in the final battle of humanity? And that was against the Beasts no?

す べ て の 想 い に  巡 り 来 る 祝 福 を
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-18, 03:11   Link #252
Zefyris
図書館狼

No. If you take back the conversations they already had, this should be clear it's not :
Willem(to Eboncandle and Souwong) : What are the seventeen beasts, anyway? what the hell happened to cause their appearance? And where?
Eboncandle : They are humanity's karma.

Willem doesn't say "what are you", but "what are they". IE, he doesn't include Eboncandle in the seventeen beasts.
Eboncandle doesn't say "we", he says "they".
Furthermore, Eboncandle is saving the remaining races from those beasts, so he isn't allied either.

Another interesting part of the quote above is Willem asking "And where". Meaning, he doesn't know where they appeared despite being a soldier 526 years ago.
If you correlate that with the fact that the last enemy Willem fought was Eboncandle, and that in the first episode's after ending scene, we know that he was calling that fight "the last battle", and that humanity was wiped out one year after that night.

Willem wouldn't call that battle against Eboncandle, where manifestly lots of braves and some of Willem's friends died, the "last battle" if the threat of the beasts was already there. He wouldn't ask "where did they appear" if they were already known to be around, too. Furthermore, he's apologizing for not being able to come back, too, meaning the peoples he's apologizing to are still alive: humanity at this point isn't wiped out at all.

So we can conclude the timeline is something like this

-526 : Last battle against the faction humanity is at war with. With eboncandle defeated, it is probably a win for humanity, although a costly one. Willem goes MIA, petrified.
-between -526 and -525 : the beasts appears publicly and start rampaging.
-525 humanity is wiped out , and surviving races are living in the sky

Meaning btw, when Willem died, he thought humanity was saved and won. Now you understand the face he was making when he learned after being salvaged from the surface and they managed to communicate with him, that humanity died one year after he was petrified, including all the peoples he cared for, and that it was more than 500 years earlier.

Of course I can be wrong, but that's what I get from the various conversations. And it makes far more sense with what Eboncandle is currently doing and saying.
Old 2017-05-18, 17:21   Link #253
Arya

Yeah, the talking skull is not a (rest of) a beast himself, I got that much at least from their conversation too. If the bits we got of the enemies are of some indication the physiognomies are also different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Yeah I meant something similar to what Draco said. It would kinda fit the explaination that only chosen champions can wield the weapons to begin with.
[...]
If I had to guess from the Wizards words he resurrected the fallen humans as beasts or something. Because that would actually make the MC hate him more - plus he mentioned necromancy.
That's what I was getting at too after reading your previous post. And given all the hints I also came to expect that beasts are the fallen humans, the common ones. Following this line, we could also expect a final fight between the hero girl/Chtolly vs willem friend beast A lose-lose kinda of epilogue.
If they are that would also explain why Eboncandle sided with Souwong, and they are still keeping the secret about the beasts from Willem. Secret that as Souwong said himself, would make Willem hates him more. But how much more?

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 22:53   Link #254
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I'm mostly just amused by the fact that the whole thing was wrapped up so quickly.

"You have someone you love back there? Okay, your mind doesn't have to melt like cheese on a panini grill just yet. Bye!"

Old 2017-05-20, 07:50   Link #255
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

English dub is pretty good. Only judging from the first episode, but Willem, Chtholly, and Nygglatho sound great.
Old 2017-05-20, 07:58   Link #256
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
English dub is pretty good. Only judging from the first episode, but Willem, Chtholly, and Nygglatho sound great.
Honestly? For me is eng dub in anime like for Gordon Ramsay pineapple on pizza
sparhawk1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-20, 09:29   Link #257
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I'm mostly just amused by the fact that the whole thing was wrapped up so quickly.

"You have someone you love back there? Okay, your mind doesn't have to melt like cheese on a panini grill just yet. Bye!"
Actually, it was at this exact equivalent point in the novel when I started to go "Meh" - because I can already see the author's not going to let her go, and so at least half the fun is gone.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-20, 10:14   Link #258
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk1610 View Post
Honestly? For me is eng dub in anime like for Gordon Ramsay pineapple on pizza
Oh yeah, I'm being honest. If it came out closer to the Japanese broadcast, I would watch the English dub instead.
Old 2017-05-23, 12:03   Link #259
AB079
本心を見せぬ者

Episode 7 is now right into volume 3, remember what Rhan said while reading the textbook because that's the truth behind the beasts. After all considering the info dump from previous episodes it makes sense.

Kutori is now starting to show signs of something that is changing her little by little, probably the price that Elq mentioned before. Nice introduction of Rhan and Nopht, I think their VA's suits their characters.

Is just me or they rearranged volume 3? Anyways, it was a good episode but not as great as the previous one I have to say.

Last edited by AB079; 2017-05-23 at 12:36.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-23, 13:02   Link #260
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

Goddamn, so these two girls have been gone for a whole month. That would explain why in episode 2 that there were 4 weapons taken from the wall.

Tags
fantasy, light novel adaptation, military, post apocalyptic, science fiction, tragedy