AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-08, 15:45   Link #41
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

They should have made the sniper scope part of the hud instead of the typical FPS way. Makes more sense when you look at how much detail they put in. Probably better gameplay wise too since you still got peripheral vision.
Old 2012-03-16, 12:31   Link #42
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 02:52   Link #43
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Get in closed beta!
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 11:05   Link #44
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Hawken, Mechwarrior tactics, Mechwarrior Online.... mech titles trying to make a comeback again? what i wouldnt give to play em with proper joystick control again.

I miss the day of sticking an Osiris full of SRM and go kamikaze on those silly Madcats in mechwarrior or doing guerilla tactic with a Puma sniping my opponents cockpit.

come on squeenix, give us a proper Front Mission sequel already!
Old 2012-06-21, 17:37   Link #45
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Paging all mech tuners...

A walkthrough of the current customization build can be found here.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 00:32   Link #46
CasualAnimeFan

So a closed beta of Hawken is going on this weekend. I'm quite impressed with it so far. I haven't figured out all of the controls yet. It looks sweet and plays smoothly. Has anybody else had a chance to play in the beta yet?
CasualAnimeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 13:13   Link #47
Deltaray

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasualAnimeFan View Post
So a closed beta of Hawken is going on this weekend. I'm quite impressed with it so far. I haven't figured out all of the controls yet. It looks sweet and plays smoothly. Has anybody else had a chance to play in the beta yet?
Played few games, too bad I dont have time to play more.
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 14:26   Link #48
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasualAnimeFan View Post
I have. I'm really impressed with it so far, but I'm hoping that any future maps look "nicer." The tattered world maps suite the game well, but it'd be nice to see some combat in open plains and what not. Lovin the Rocketeer mech the most so far.

I've been keeping up with MWO videos, and Hawken beats it by a longshot; however, MWO open beta starts Monday so we'll see. I'm still betting that I'll like Hawken more though

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 15:23   Link #49
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanner View Post
I have. I'm really impressed with it so far, but I'm hoping that any future maps look "nicer." The tattered world maps suite the game well, but it'd be nice to see some combat in open plains and what not. Lovin the Rocketeer mech the most so far.
Fun... for the first 5min. Then forever boring.

The other problem with maps like that is that it would be so easy people would just flock to the stupid game (like what happens to every FPS-ish game). I prefer every map be on a even skill level, no odd-ball maps (unless it's a specialized mode).
Old 2012-10-27, 20:39   Link #50
Tiberium Wolf

I was tricked in gamespot to watch video about this game. They wrong in the post topic mechwarrior online T_T
Old 2012-10-28, 03:08   Link #51
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
I was tricked by gamespot to watch videos about this game. They posted in the wrong topic; mechwarrior online T_T
And you regret it?
Old 2012-10-28, 19:20   Link #52
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
And you regret it?
Yes. I still prefer mechwarrior. Hawken copit is kinda meh. The boost move seems kinda ilogic but it would be ok it were gundam game or something else. The game it is too fast paced.
Old 2012-10-29, 07:53   Link #53
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/29/hawken/

Nice to know!
Old 2013-01-20, 06:41   Link #54
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Don't think it was mentioned yet but the Open Beta is live.

Site: https://www.playhawken.com/
Wiki: http://hawkenwiki.net/

A few impressions,
  • I don't like how the first mech you get is so ugly but customizing it seems to cost around 800, so for 720 credits (5$, 1400 is 10$) you can customize it to mostly what you want for little to nothing. Customs don't affect anything.

• I don't like the cost of paint jobs; seems the first one might be the hardest to see on most maps so to hell with em'.

• They seem to offer the ability to play mechs for a free for a while (in custom games). Wish there was an option to simply try all of them in training mode or something.

• The first mech you get is a model CR-T Recruit model; not sure if this implies any drawbacks with it; the game doesn't make it all that clear what the model means. There seems to be some lore text about how it's nicknamed the "Microwave" and the cheapest hunk of junk ever made. [edit] According to the wiki it's a medium mech with no drawbacks (ie. abilities have no negative effects) that's well rounded.

• The "Optimizations" are pretty meh. 3 levels in something (that's max) and you won't even get +1%. Cover the whole tree and you might get 3%. I don't really mind that much but I fee the system might as well not be there. The utility side seems decent; as in what I might expect so currently going for those.

• Like the combat! It's very meaty and you have plenty of time to make some decitions, evade, run away and so on, no "ohhi, I got the first (blind) bullet so you're dead"

• Works very well. Pretty sure you can run it on a low spec pc with no issues.

Overall, I'd say they seem to push you to buy stuff a little too much, but everything's relatively cheap (in total) so don't think it's that much of a problem after I inspected the prices. The game is definitely worth supporting too. Menu is good. It's not imbalanced or unfair, or ambiguous in it's balance (ie. like Age of Empires online is). Presentation (from the menu, to ingame) is nice, and I like the aesthetic. Can't have fun if everything doesn't look cool.

Initially I was concerned that the horde of newbies might all look the same, but it seems you start with 5000 hawken points, and can easily gain 200 - 250 in a simple free for all death match. All current mechs cost 6400 hawken points or 720 credits (note that all aesthetic customs are credits only). I have yet to get 6400 hawken points but seems variety shouldn't be a problem.

Also, if the wiki is any indication not all mechs are in at the moment.

[edit]

Last edited by felix; 2013-01-20 at 07:02.
felix is offline   Reply With Quote