AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-01, 10:23   Link #201
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

It's hard to think that Kouga would be Seiya's son, since the mother would be hard to write about.

It can't be Saori/Athena because it goes against mythology (Athena is a virgin goddess), and Shaina obviously not married to him or anything. This leaves Seiya's childhood friend who hardly anyone remembers her name now but if they write that in the story I don't think the fans could accept it. In fact I think the fans enjoy seeing the unresolved romantic tension between Seiya and all the females he is close to and setting it in stone would ruin this, so I doubt Kouga would turn out to be Seiya's son, possibility is too low.

As for why Kouga can use the meteor first - the show made it a point that he's seen Seiya perform it, plus Seiya was obviously talking to him when Kouga puts on the pegasus cloth, so it's not hard to imagine that's how it was passed on to him. Also when you have Shura passing the Excalibur to Shiryu in the original this is hardly surprising.... definitely a "it's just is" plot moment, especially since they are making a point that Kouga is Seiya's spiritual successor.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 10:39   Link #202
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Seeing Shaina still...

Spoiler for ep1:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 11:40   Link #203
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
The animation is good, but the problem is that it's a bit poor graphically.
I don't see how you could say that, it's expressive and stylish and probably as great as it is going to get on a show that airs at 6:30. Most past-midnight anime don't even come any close.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 12:27   Link #204
ShiroiRyu

Oh ...
Our hero is just a baby found. XD
Don't think he is the son of someone we know.
Old 2012-04-01, 12:48   Link #205
Albafica
Pisces no saint

DAT FAIL!

PS: Shiroiryu, DAT AVATAR!!

PS2: DAT SIGN!!!! FRANCE!!!
Old 2012-04-01, 13:00   Link #206
Key Board
Carbon

Well, I'm just wondering why Kouga gets special treatment from Athena. (Main character preference excluded.)

Doesn't her organization run a dozen of orphanages? why does he get to be raised by Athena?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 13:02   Link #207
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I hope He's not the son of Athena and Seiya, but i'm afraid it will be the case...

Koga must be a special guy. He has a hidden strengh. He must be a descendant from someone awesome or something like that.
Old 2012-04-01, 13:13   Link #208
Miraluka
Banned

Spoiler for Two pics.:

@Shiroiryu: Good avatar!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 16:13   Link #209
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

I liked every bit of it.
It's like I'm back into the 90's....
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 19:29   Link #210
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
It's hard to think that Kouga would be Seiya's son, since the mother would be hard to write about.

It can't be Saori/Athena because it goes against mythology (Athena is a virgin goddess), and Shaina obviously not married to him or anything. This leaves Seiya's childhood friend who hardly anyone remembers her name now but if they write that in the story I don't think the fans could accept it. In fact I think the fans enjoy seeing the unresolved romantic tension between Seiya and all the females he is close to and setting it in stone would ruin this, so I doubt Kouga would turn out to be Seiya's son, possibility is too low.

As for why Kouga can use the meteor first - the show made it a point that he's seen Seiya perform it, plus Seiya was obviously talking to him when Kouga puts on the pegasus cloth, so it's not hard to imagine that's how it was passed on to him. Also when you have Shura passing the Excalibur to Shiryu in the original this is hardly surprising.... definitely a "it's just is" plot moment, especially since they are making a point that Kouga is Seiya's spiritual successor.
Kouga's element is light as is Saori/Athena. In this case one plus one is indeed two.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 19:42   Link #211
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

This is Saint Seiya we're talking about though.

Chances of Kouga being some *insert awesome Saint* reincarnation or a God human host are the more plausible options than...

Kouga: Shut up! Stop acting like you're my father or something!!
Seiya: Kouga... I.am.your.father.
Saori: And I'm your mother.

Spoiler:

Though that would honestly explain why Seiya's seemingly the only one of the originals to be promoted to Gold...

Sleeping with your boss does have its benefits.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2012-04-01, 20:34   Link #212
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

It's been way too long since I watched the originals, but Saori also was also walking around with that Pegasus cane, did she ever had anything like that before? Not sure if I want to jump on the SeiyaxSaori ship though, haha.

Either way, I'm not going to put it past them for now, at the very least.
Old 2012-04-01, 20:38   Link #213
cyoti

She got COSMO-AIDS from Mars.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 21:12   Link #214
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
Kouga's element is light as is Saori/Athena. In this case one plus one is indeed two.
This means absolutely nothing in anime.....

Again you are going for the non-consequential "clues" while ignoring the fact that Athena is a *virgin* goddess in the mythologies (one of the only 2 or 3 in greek mythology too) - she's supposed to also be the guardian of purity and sexual modesty (greek gods usually have multiple roles), it kind of goes against her whole virgin goddess status if she bears a child with a person.

EDIT: I'm suspecting that Saori/Athena raising Kouga is probably a take from the myth of Erichthonius

Last edited by houkoholic; 2012-04-01 at 21:49.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 21:32   Link #215
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

It's going to take me a while to get used to the designs, but it was good.
Old 2012-04-01, 23:33   Link #216
dark-kyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
This is Saint Seiya we're talking about though.

Chances of Kouga being some *insert awesome Saint* reincarnation or a God human host are the more plausible options than...

Kouga: Shut up! Stop acting like you're my father or something!!
Seiya: Kouga... I.am.your.father.
Saori: And I'm your mother.

Spoiler:

Though that would honestly explain why Seiya's seemingly the only one of the originals to be promoted to Gold...

Sleeping with your boss does have its benefits.
what are you saying what athena is second hand,blasphemia i demand what this thing is proven false.
dark-kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 00:31   Link #217
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
It's been way too long since I watched the originals, but Saori also was also walking around with that Pegasus cane, did she ever had anything like that before? Not sure if I want to jump on the SeiyaxSaori ship though, haha.
For all my jokes, I'm with houkoholic on the whole Athena mythology thing, personally.

Besides, imo the Seiya/Saori ship had always existed... it's just that for Seiya and Saori, it's always duty and loyalty before everything else.

Personal opinion, mind you. Given that it's always easy to blur the context for S/S... As well as the fact that I ship Shaina/Seiya personally.

Shun and Shiryu have it easy with their designated girlfriends.

Old 2012-04-02, 04:01   Link #218
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
This means absolutely nothing in anime.....

Again you are going for the non-consequential "clues" while ignoring the fact that Athena is a *virgin* goddess in the mythologies (one of the only 2 or 3 in greek mythology too) - she's supposed to also be the guardian of purity and sexual modesty (greek gods usually have multiple roles), it kind of goes against her whole virgin goddess status if she bears a child with a person.

EDIT: I'm suspecting that Saori/Athena raising Kouga is probably a take from the myth of Erichthonius
Read Percy Jackson, maybe he was born same way as Annabeth (and Athena)?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 04:17   Link #219
ShiroiRyu

They are from Pixiv for the avatar & signature.
The full avatar : http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/8...4046701400.jpg (beautiful for sure !)

About Kouga, i don't think he is the child of Athena & Seiya.
I think he is just a orphan, like our previous team of guys.
Or Mars is the father ... O_O

For the two comics, i did have the same reaction when i knew for Shiryu : What ? He have a son ? Finally one who is not "gay" after Seiya !
Now, we hope for some confirmation for the others.
Old 2012-04-02, 05:32   Link #220
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
About Kouga, i don't think he is the child of Athena & Seiya.
I think he is just a orphan, like our previous team of guys.
Or Mars is the father ... O_O
I can see Kouga having some sort of "evil" origins. Food for thought: they were raising and training Kouga in an deserted island...protecting him from the world, or protecting the world from him in the case something went wrong? It's weird if the goal was just hiding, it's not like enemies couldn't easily find them like Mars did, after all. And they didn't even tell him anything about Athena, Seiya, Saints. Why?

Another interesting bit: the eyecatch shows white and black stones side-to-side, but the black one disappears. What could it mean?

Anyway, as shonen tropes demand, he's obviously not an average orphan.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen