4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.23%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-11-10, 19:39   Link #41
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I had to quit watching for a while there. The cat chase seemed a fairly stupid idea to me when it started, but when the various groups of students started joining in, it reminded me of the worst (for me) aspects of Shuffle and I stopped watching in disgust. Doesn't give me much faith in the seriousness of the plot. Then I read Omni's summary and realized that the anomalous idiocy only lasted a couple of minutes, and I could go back and watch the rest of the episode. But if they keep on with these cheap plot tricks, it will not be pretty. Your mileage may vary.

The voices in this show are good. Yukana as CC, especially. What a purr.

Somehow the product placement doesn't bother me. It weirded me out at first, but I got used to it. It's better than the normal technique of having Somy TVs and Camon cameras.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 19:57   Link #42
JediNight
キズランダム

Eh, I dunno Chujo ... yeah the Somy and Camon stuff is cheesy, but at least they mimic a variety of products so it still feels rather natural. Here though you are just dealing with ONE product being advertised and seemingly no other companies in existence use advertising? ;p
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 23:56   Link #43
kazekiri

Some delayed thoughts on the next ep teaser.
Spoiler:
kazekiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 00:58   Link #44
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

This episode may have been filler, but it was a lot of fun:

+25 points for Norio Wakamoto
+50 points for awkward Shirley-Karen-Lulu love triangle
+100 points for the "coming out" lesbian remark about Millay
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 07:22   Link #45
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Even after everything they've gone through and the time they spent separately, Lelouch and Suzaku still treat each other as very close friends. Perhaps to the point that you could treat them as siblings. Maybe it's due to their childhood, and that they're pretty much the same in many ways (Lelouch, a former Brittanian prince who's now a normal Eleven in hiding, and Suzaku, a former Eleven who has been drafted into the Brittanian army).

And I'm getting wierd vibes from imouto Nanaly. Her demeanor for some reason really makes her look cute to me. I do hope that she'd survive to the end of the series... but a LOT of blind, quiet handicapped girls often die more often than not. *coughYuzuhacough*
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 08:31   Link #46
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Now that I've got my Clovis-fanboyism out of my biased system...

Spoiler for Episode 6 thoughts...and Clovis fanboyism:

Judging from the titles and the next episode previews, next week and the week after seems to be a return to the whole drama~ of Geass. I'm more interested in the week after though...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 09:20   Link #47
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazekiri View Post
Some delayed thoughts on the next ep teaser.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 11:13   Link #48
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
this episode was so excellent i even think that lelouch will act like that (chasing the cat)
i'm very happy to see lelouch tell anyone that suzaku is his friend
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 13:18   Link #49
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Even after everything they've gone through and the time they spent separately, Lelouch and Suzaku still treat each other as very close friends. Perhaps to the point that you could treat them as siblings. Maybe it's due to their childhood, and that they're pretty much the same in many ways (Lelouch, a former Brittanian prince who's now a normal Eleven in hiding, and Suzaku, a former Eleven who has been drafted into the Brittanian army).

And I'm getting wierd vibes from imouto Nanaly. Her demeanor for some reason really makes her look cute to me. I do hope that she'd survive to the end of the series... but a LOT of blind, quiet handicapped girls often die more often than not. *coughYuzuhacough*
No Lelouch is hiding as a Britannian citizen/student, not an eleven. He wouldn't even be at that school if he was hiding as an eleven.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 13:28   Link #50
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
No Lelouch is hiding as a Britannian citizen/student, not an eleven. He wouldn't even be at that school if he was hiding as an eleven.
As a matter of fact,
Spoiler for mangas:
I know one can raise objections at a comparison between the anime and manga series due to the blatant digressions and huge differences between each other (and even between manga series) but one never knows whether Taniguchi has a hand or not in the Geass universe and if the mangakas are following rules and guidelines written by the said universe's creators.

Let's not also forget that in this case, Suzaku is shunned firstly because he was (injustly, but that doesn't matter...social stigmata dwell forever) implicated in Clovis' murder and that compromises his social status a lot, despite the fact that he's acquainted with a Britannian princess...a detail I'm sure he'd be loath to divulge that openly even if it means making his life a trifle easier.
Old 2006-11-11, 14:36   Link #51
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
As a matter of fact,
Spoiler for mangas:
I know one can raise objections at a comparison between the anime and manga series due to the blatant digressions and huge differences between each other (and even between manga series) but one never knows whether Taniguchi has a hand or not in the Geass universe and if the mangakas are following rules and guidelines written by the said universe's creators.

Let's not also forget that in this case, Suzaku is shunned firstly because he was (injustly, but that doesn't matter...social stigmata dwell forever) implicated in Clovis' murder and that compromises his social status a lot, despite the fact that he's acquainted with a Britannian princess...a detail I'm sure he'd be loath to divulge that openly even if it means making his life a trifle easier.

Well first off I've never read the manga.

Second there hasn't been anything to describe about if the situation is the same in the school, in fact if there willing to go that far with a pure faction in the school then shouldn't lelouch have mentioned it when talking with Shirely?

Third Suzuka is an honored britannian so I guess those people count as elevens but suzuka's media coverage makes him a bigger target...
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 09:33   Link #52
Forever
Revealing the truth

Something about the starting I cant figure. The emperor talking to clovis?!
Old 2006-11-19, 10:58   Link #53
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Most likely the emperor has some kind of magic like CC...
When CC makes contract with Lulouche, she shows him the emperror talking about Ragnarok..

This stuffs is getting hot!!
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 11:16   Link #54
EragonJeriel
heh

I thought the cat chase would be fun but kallen (karen) failed to catch it! Now i cant see her and lelouch kiss
EragonJeriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 11:31   Link #55
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Something about the starting I cant figure. The emperor talking to clovis?!
The Emperor says something like 'I have just been talking with Clovis this moment' in response to the Guard's comment that Clovis's body has arrived. It's a bit confusing. It might suggest he was communicating with him...

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-11-19 at 12:33.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 13:12   Link #56
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
The Emperor says something like 'I have just been talking with Clovis this moment' in response to the Guard's comment that Clovis's body has arrived. It's a bit confusing. It might suggest he was communicating with him...
Communicating with spirits? Hmmm...seeing the presence of supernatural things in this universe and C.C.'s return to the world of the living, it wouldn't be surprising, although it's a bit early to exactly confirm that it's the case.
Anyway, if that assumption were to be confirmed, it'd also imply that the Emperor has already been made aware of Lelouch's survival and his having murdered Clovis (as I guess Clovis wouldn't let that detail pass by in his hypothetical telepathic communication with his father) - although, having heard what he was proclaiming back in ep6, I doubt he'd lift a finger to go forth, tip in Cornelia and have her send Lelouch to the gallows.

Rather, having Lelouch continue his erm...apparent...killing spree...would actually fall in line with his own plans to create perfect rulers for Britannia's throne. I'd rather see him keep silent and just watch as his descendents fight each other to succeed to the throne - the last one possibly being the 'Ultimate Poison*'.

*: an old Asian legend/concept: drop a hundred cockroaches in a jar, seal the top and let the critters starve until they start eating each other and till only one individual is left - one carrying a legacy of hatred, cruelty and power, gained from the death of his contemporaries...the perfect predator (aka ultimate poison for some).
Old 2006-11-19, 13:54   Link #57
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Communicating with spirits? Hmmm...seeing the presence of supernatural things in this universe and C.C.'s return to the world of the living, it wouldn't be surprising, although it's a bit early to exactly confirm that it's the case.
It would be a rather fanciful development, so I'm keeping an open mind about that. But we've got some hints in ep 7 about C.C's possible telepathic skills and there's the whole Jupiter thing going on so anything can happen I guess.

Quote:
Rather, having Lelouch continue his erm...apparent...killing spree...would actually fall in line with his own plans to create perfect rulers for Britannia's throne. I'd rather see him keep silent and just watch as his descendents fight each other to succeed to the throne - the last one possibly being the 'Ultimate Poison*'...
Indeed, by the Emperor's own cruel logic Lelouch would make a perfect heir if he successfully rids Britannia of his own extended family in the pursuit of revenge. If the Emperor does know it was Lelouch who pulled the trigger on Clovis, he may consider him is the most suitable heir of all his offspring. I doubt Lelouch would appreciate the irony though...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 14:14   Link #58
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Interesting that Yuffie and Lelouch (or someone who really looked like Lulu) was in a painting that Clovis did.

I like this epi, it had a much lighter feel then the first few ones. The cat with the mask on just looked funny to me.

The emperor's speech at the end....dang, what a jerk XD When he starts with "Human's arent equal" I was like o_O Interesting how he feels that since humans arent equal that Britannia needs to be the race that evolves (obv by conquering everything) I cant wait for Lulu to take him down!!!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 14:21   Link #59
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Seeing Suzaku and Lelouch together is nice. They really are good friends even after all the time they spent apart. It was a nice save on the roof since the main character falling to his death probably wouldn't be good.

Originally I just thought that the Emperor was crazy and was talking to himself. But it would make things more interesting if he knew and was just going to let his family fight amongst themselves.

Preview looks interesting. Seems like Suzaku is busy working on his harem, getting pretty close to Shirley. This was a nice episode to break up all the seriousness a bit. But I'm sure they're getting back to the serious stuff next time and we'll see what Lelouch plans on doing next.

The Emperor is pretty good at making himself a hatable guy. Putting out that inequality is absolutely right and equality is an evil thing. Thankfully the show is making it an easy task to want this empire taken down. For Suzaku I don't think it'll be easy to convince that guy to change things. Really the best shot he has at getting into the system and changing it is if Lelouch starts taking out the higher ups in the Empire. Then Suzaku gets together with Euphemia and gets a really good position to make changes from.

While I can see how some people might relate this to Death Note the main characters are different I think. Lelouch is willing to use his power and fight to take down the empire. But he's not willing to hurt his friends like Suzaku (which is a difference because he actually has friends). Light would've just killed Suzaku the moment he didn't agree to help him in his aims. But anyway just thinking about the two.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 20:15   Link #60
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

From the looks of this episode, it seems like Suzaku and Lelouch will end up fighting together in the end against the emperor.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote