Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-03, 07:44   Link #2541
Kreceir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Are you using smartcasting?

Cheers.
I'm still kinda new to this game, so i have no clue what smart casting is.
what does it do?
Old 2012-08-03, 08:04   Link #2542
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
I'm still kinda new to this game, so i have no clue what smart casting is.
what does it do?
By default, when you attempt to cast a "skillshot" spell, you need to press two buttons to execute the spell. The first being the keyboard button( Q,W,E,R) to display the targeting path-line, then a left mouse-click to actually cast it.

The delay between the two buttons is what causes a lot of players to fudge up their skillshots.

Smartcasting eliminates this delay, but does so on the basis that you are confident in your aim. It does this by immediately firing off the spell at wherever your mouse cursor happens to be. So by simply hovering the cursor over your target and thus highlighting it in red, smartcasting immediately fires off the spell at (or towards) that target.

To change to smartcasting, you will need to go to your keybindings set-up and assign the smartcasting functions to your Q,W,E and R keys.

Note that smartcasting is not the end-all, be-all cure for spellcasting. Smartcasting Viktor's E is hilarity( for your opponents).

Cheers.
Old 2012-08-03, 08:06   Link #2543
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
So I tried Ezreal since his skin changed and I had the amazing luck of being targeted by a jungling Xin. Arcane shift is such a hard counter to audacious charge and essence flux impairs 3-talon strike, so I pretty much won almost all of our duels (3/4 - overextended once w/o sight). This got me thinking though, if I was Xin, is there any way I could gank Ez without help?
Change in towards a minion behind him and use your ult to knock him back away from his escape route, maybe?
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 08:09   Link #2544
Kreceir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
By default, when you attempt to cast a "skillshot" spell, you need to press two buttons to execute the spell. The first being the keyboard button( Q,W,E,R) to display the targeting path-line, then a left mouse-click to actually cast it.

The delay between the two buttons is what causes a lot of players to fudge up their skillshots.

Smartcasting eliminates this delay, but does so on the basis that you are confident in your aim. It does this by immediately firing off the spell at wherever your mouse cursor happens to be. So by simply hovering the cursor over your target and thus highlighting it in red, smartcasting immediately fires off the spell at (or towards) that target.

To change to smartcasting, you will need to go to your keybindings set-up and assign the smartcasting functions to your Q,W,E and R keys.

Note that smartcasting is not the end-all, be-all cure for spellcasting. Smartcasting Viktor's E is hilarity( for your opponents).

Cheers.
Ooooh That sounds really helpful for me!

So all skill shots and ability that requires mouse clicking kinda turns ability's into Cassio's and Karthus Q ability?

And a other question, where can i get this smartcasting
Old 2012-08-03, 08:16   Link #2545
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
Ooooh That sounds really helpful for me!

So all skill shots and ability that requires mouse clicking kinda turns ability's into Cassio's and Karthus Q ability?

And a other question, where can i get this smartcasting
Start a tutorial game, hit Esc to access your options menu, select Keybindings. Scroll down till you see options for Smartcast + Self Cast Spell 1/2/3/4

Where 1 = Q, till 4 = R.

Cheers.
Old 2012-08-03, 08:26   Link #2546
Kreceir

Does Smartcast works on every champion? even if they dont have skillshots abilty's?
Old 2012-08-03, 08:59   Link #2547
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

smartcast basically just saves you a click, so yes it does work on everything that's not already 'auto smartcast' (ie. Cass twin fang and Karthus lay waste).

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 09:12   Link #2548
Kafriel
Senior Guest

You mean noxious blast, right? There's also Urgot's acid hunter, Zyra's rampant growth and a few more.

Anyway, smart casting! When to use: with all burst mages, it's a must-use if you want to shut down your enemies before they can retaliate. If you're using DFG (Deathfire Grasp), you can switch shift+1 for item smartcasting.

When not to use: on heals, mainly. Most heals affect minions too, so it's better to use the character icons if you're accustomed to it. Can also cause some confusion on ZIlean because you'll be very used to alt+E, so when the time comes to smartcast R, you may accidentally do it on yourself.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 09:22   Link #2549
Kreceir

ooh, so smartcasting is good on Burst champs, like mages.
But its better not to use smartcast when you're on a support, say lulu for example.

I just used smartcasting on Cassio, And landing her W+Q+E(don't really know her combo yet) Is really easy now.
Though i had some problems with her ult cause i'm used seeing that range cone.

Thank you for the tips guys.
A newbie like me really appreciate all the help.

Last edited by Kreceir; 2012-08-03 at 09:33.
Kreceir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 14:32   Link #2550
Kafriel
Senior Guest

If you're new to the game, you might want to watch Zekent, he's streaming at the moment. Insane cs, 100 at 10', 170 at 15' and 200 at 20'...with Janna, too! The gold difference really shows after 15 minutes. Couldn't get that in my best game =/
Old 2012-08-03, 16:33   Link #2551
Kreceir

Sadly don't really have the time too watch his stream since its my birthday
But i won my first match with Cho'gath with his new Battlecast skin!
using /D while my team is pushing the towers and the nexus.
It looked i supported them with some music while they were winning our match haha.
Old 2012-08-04, 06:38   Link #2552
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Zyra is really strong. Insanely strong laning potential (I've been doing well on both 3 lanes, although she's kinda squishy so her top isn't as strong as some other top tier champs), great team combat presence (think of her as a ranged Amumu). Her skills have low dmg alone, but when combine with a plant, its damage sky rocketed, and her ulti has huge AoE which hardly can be missed when team fight occurs.

I think she may receive a nerf in the future patches.
Old 2012-08-04, 07:46   Link #2553
Kafriel
Senior Guest

She definitely will, her base plant dmg at LV18 is too much if they land...what, 3 hits? That, plus the actual skills plus the 50% AS bonus from her ultimate make her plenty strong. Not to mention 20% passive CDR and 3s CD on Q, all you have to build is grail/rylai and you got yourself a winner.

Hadn't played Gragas all week long, love his ultimate for pushing people away from drake/nashor and stealing buffs
Old 2012-08-04, 08:36   Link #2554
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

The real problem with Zyra is her ability to completely destroy an entire team with her ultimate, it's damage is really high, it's utility is really high, and it can span across an entire lane.
If they hit her anywhere, it's gunna be her ultimate.
Old 2012-08-04, 08:47   Link #2555
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoshuriken View Post
The real problem with Zyra is her ability to completely destroy an entire team with her ultimate, it's damage is really high, it's utility is really high, and it can span across an entire lane.
If they hit her anywhere, it's gunna be her ultimate.
The ulti's dmg is low if you ask me. It's only at 400 dmg (+0.7) at lv 3, compare to, say, Annie. The problem is the knock up. Most of her skills have really low base dmg and low AP ratio, unless there are plants involved.
Old 2012-08-04, 09:11   Link #2556
Kreceir

Had a match today with a very good and nice people on my team.
Can't tell how many times our ulti's Turned around Team fights because of the amount of cc we had.
I was a support Lulu with Zyra,Malphite,Vayne,Jungle Amumu.
(normal match)

Maplhite Engaged with his ulti after that Zyra used her plants + ulti to knock them up and Amumu flashed in using his ulti, while he flashed in i used my Ulti on Amumu to make sure they didn't escape. And Vayne used her ulti and melted there hp and getting the official pentakill

They went down so fast, it was unbelievable.
Old 2012-08-04, 12:23   Link #2557
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
When not to use: on heals, mainly. Most heals affect minions too, so it's better to use the character icons if you're accustomed to it. Can also cause some confusion on ZIlean because you'll be very used to alt+E, so when the time comes to smartcast R, you may accidentally do it on yourself.
I disable smart cast on almost all single target spells like Janna W/E, Alistar W, Taric stun, Morgana black shield and so on. Can't count the times I had to shield someone with low HP but ended up using the spell on myself because they were just a bit out of range.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 12:53   Link #2558
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

How come? I believe smartcast doesn't work like that. I've been using smartcasting for almost all champions (aside from TF's R since I need to know the range), and it doesn't self-cast if the target is out of range. Your character will move until it's in range.

The shortcut for casting spell on yourself is Alt + hotkey, isn't it?

Anyway, I'm just glad that I have never placed any misplaced heal while using Soraka on creep.
Old 2012-08-04, 12:57   Link #2559
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
It is.
Quote:
Anyway, I'm just glad that I have never placed any misplaced heal while using Soraka on creep.
Siege minion+armor buff= Soraka pusher! Promote would make it even better
Old 2012-08-04, 21:01   Link #2560
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
How come? I believe smartcast doesn't work like that. I've been using smartcasting for almost all champions (aside from TF's R since I need to know the range), and it doesn't self-cast if the target is out of range. Your character will move until it's in range.

Because it's a lot easier to click on something rather than to have the mouse exactly over the target's frame.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol