Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-05-17, 09:44   Link #61
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Is it a new game mechanic?

Like, a monster that grows more powerful when you place cards in assigned slots?

But how would you place a monster in "Bottom Left"? That's the spell card zone.
Think Union Monsters but far better

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 09:52   Link #62
Marina2

Quote:
Is it a new game mechanic?

Like, a monster that grows more powerful when you place cards in assigned slots?

But how would you place a monster in "Bottom Left"? That's the spell card zone.
New mechanic comes with new type of card: Link Monster

This video is quick guild to understand it (choose sub eng)

EDIT: I put up the wrong clip, I just changed it to the new one.
Old 2017-05-17, 10:21   Link #63
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

I begin to grasping the concept of Link summon but the part with link monsters you able to summon xyz, synchro, pendulum, fusion monsters are still incomprehensible for me
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 10:43   Link #64
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
I begin to grasping the concept of Link summon but the part with link monsters you able to summon xyz, synchro, pendulum, fusion monsters are still incomprehensible for me
Under new rules, you can only summon xyz, synchro, pendulum, and fusion monsters to [Extra Monster Zone] so basically without any link monster the field, each player can only have one xyz or synchro or pendulum or fusion monsters on the field.

If you have link monster, its arrows will point to slot(s) on [Main monster zone]. You can summon extra deck monster (xyz or synchro or pendulum or fusion monsters) into those slots normally. Link monster can also summon to those slots to open up more field for your extra deck monster

In short, summon link monster if you want to have more than one extra deck monster on your field.
Old 2017-05-17, 11:06   Link #65
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Yeah, that is only if you are summoning from the extra deck so pendulum summoning from your hand or reviving extra deck monsters from the graveyard go to the main monster zone.
Old 2017-05-17, 11:11   Link #66
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I read up on some of this stuff, and there are some loopholes. You can Pendulum Summon any number of monsters from your hand to the Main Monster Zones still. Only Pendulum Monsters in your Extra Deck need an empty Extra or Link zone to be summoned.

This also means you can Special Summon any of these monsters, including Link monsters, from the Graveyard (or from being Banished) to the Main Monster Zones.

Incidentally, you can use Link Monsters to hijack the other Extra Monster Zone. You can also use a monster in the EMZ as a Material to summon a different monster to the same EMZ.

Also, the video doesn't seem to mention this, but the Pendulum Zones have been changed in that they now share a space with regular Spell/Trap Zones. They only count as Pendulum Zone when you Activate a Pendulum Card, or when an effect places a card there (into a Pendulum Zone, specifically). Otherwise, they are just regular Spell/Trap Zones.

All in all, Extra Deck summoning seems to have been hit with a huge nerf bat, especially Pendulum. And Link might become the OP new thing, although it also might not be because while nifty, they require some hoop jumping (unlike Pendulum, which required very little hoop jumping).
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 11:27   Link #67
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Quote:
Incidentally, you can use Link Monsters to hijack the other Extra Monster Zone. You can also use a monster in the EMZ as a Material to summon a different monster to the same EMZ.
This doesn't sound right to me could you explain what you mean in a little more detail please?
Old 2017-05-17, 11:53   Link #68
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You can summon an extra deck monster to any zone that links to a Link Monster. If one of them links to the other Extra Monster Zone (for example, if one is in a Main Monster Zone, with an arrow pointing up, or diagonally up), you can use that one too.
Old 2017-05-17, 12:00   Link #69
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Right you do realise that as soon as you summon an extra deck monster into one of the extra monster zones the other one automatically goes to the opponent.
Old 2017-05-17, 12:08   Link #70
Marina2

You can take other extra monster zone from your opponent if you create the bridge of mutual link from your extra monster zones to other extra monster zones.

Old 2017-05-17, 12:16   Link #71
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Okay I didn't know that about Link summoning thanks for telling me.
Old 2017-05-17, 13:58   Link #72
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That... Was exactly the thing I said. "If one of them links to the other Extra Monster Zone (for example, if one is in a Main Monster Zone, with an arrow pointing up, or diagonally up), you can use that one too."
Old 2017-05-17, 14:08   Link #73
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Sorry I didn't believe you about that it just seemed to me that taking away the opponents extra monster zone was unfair.
Old 2017-05-17, 14:48   Link #74
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It's not if you have to jump through a bunch of hoops to do it. And making it possible to block your opponent's ability to summon from the Extra Deck might encourage people to use decks that use more traditional summoning.
Old 2017-05-17, 15:02   Link #75
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

True I am fond of the Lightsworns and with them getting new cards for the archetype maybe someone in the anime will use them.
Old 2017-05-17, 18:24   Link #76
Stro

Quote:
You can summon an extra deck monster to any zone that links to a Link Monster. If one of them links to the other Extra Monster Zone (for example, if one is in a Main Monster Zone, with an arrow pointing up, or diagonally up), you can use that one too.
What happen if a arrow of a Link Monster that is in a Extra Monster Zone is point up and point an oponent Main Monster Zone? Anyway hijack the other Extra Monster Zone seems very broken since it could be possible that you can have 7 monsters in the field and your oponent can't summon monsters that are in the extra deck.
Stro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 22:13   Link #77
bakato

Batman, megaman, and now pokemon? This just keeps getting better and better.
Old 2017-05-17, 22:14   Link #78
InfinityDragonGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stro View Post
What happen if a arrow of a Link Monster that is in a Extra Monster Zone is point up and point an oponent Main Monster Zone? Anyway hijack the other Extra Monster Zone seems very broken since it could be possible that you can have 7 monsters in the field and your oponent can't summon monsters that are in the extra deck.
If the arrow points to your opponent's field, the zone becomes a link zone. Depending on the link monster, you or your opponent will have the advantage.
For example with Decode Talker, while the opponent can get an extra monster zone, not only decode talker will get extra attack points but it can also tribute the opponent's monster to negate an effect.
It shows how important and how careful both players need to position their monsters on the field.

The extra link is broken because of how rewarding it is to mutual link your monsters. And it's not impossible to break an extra link.
InfinityDragonGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-18, 01:15   Link #79
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So... You can't summon to your opponent's Main Monster Zone, but if they have a monster in the Linked Zone they count toward your monster's Link Effect?

Interesting.

Which makes me wonder, in videogames, new cards automatically go to the center-most available zone. For some reason, today's opponent summoned Crack Dragon to one of the zones on the side. Not a very smart move in this case.

And Storm Access can only be used when LP is less than 1000. So... It's the hero's plot armor given form. XD

As for this "Speed Duel", it seems Pendulum is not allowed.

I wonder if this series will exclusively use Link Summon.

As usual for a summon debut, a Link Monster's special features (lack of a Level or a Defense Position) are demonstrated neatly at the same time.
Old 2017-05-18, 04:09   Link #80
Fairy Water

So Speed Duel is basically... It's just Duel Link but in VR space with surfboard? Feel like this anime is what Konami aims to turn Duel Link into in the future lol

The Link Effect with bridge links is quite interesting and so does Link Summon. I don't get why in the anime and the video said minimum of 2 effect monster to summon Decode Talker if they r gonna tribute 3???
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
card game, yu-gi-oh! series