AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-01-27, 10:31   Link #1
Vizard.King
Fear the Vizard

Gaara - Character discussion thread

his power is crazy strong, then they go and take it all away, WTF?!
*he has unbeatable power-naruto beats him up
*he should've killed kimimaro-kimimaro comes withi inches of killing him
*(fillers)gaara fights the dude in episode 216-18-the guy takes away the chakra in his sand
wat happened to the sands ultimate weapon?

Last edited by Vizard.King; 2007-03-17 at 07:24.
Vizard.King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 10:35   Link #2
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Against a healthy Kimimaro 1on1, Gaara wouldnt have had a chance.
He's not uber crazy strong, he's just strong for a genin.. I mean, compared to even the sound 5 he's not really that amazing.

Well the fillers should always be disregarded in these cases, just wait for the anime to get back on its real track and maybe you'll see more of what Gaara *really* can do.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 10:58   Link #3
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamme View Post
Against a healthy Kimimaro 1on1, Gaara wouldnt have had a chance.
He's not uber crazy strong, he's just strong for a genin.. I mean, compared to even the sound 5 he's not really that amazing.

Well the fillers should always be disregarded in these cases, just wait for the anime to get back on its real track and maybe you'll see more of what Gaara *really* can do.
I would say that at the end of part 1, Gaara was third only to Naruto and Sasuke among all genins in the series (might even have been on the same level). Kimimaro was strong, and on a completely other level than the genins, but Gaara was easily levels above the rest of the sound 5.

Remember that the Naruto vs Gaara fight basically ended in a stalemate, with none of the combatants physically able to continue the fight, meaning that Naruto hasn't got him beat by much if at all.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 12:42   Link #4
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Levels above the sound 4? .. No.
He was at best equal to their CS2 forms. The sound 4 are majorly underestimated.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 12:49   Link #5
Rahan

It's a Shounen.
Every time he survives a fight, he'll get stronger for the next one.
So no, until he dies, I won't think he has shown everything he was capable of.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 12:51   Link #6
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2007-01-27, 15:36   Link #7
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
It's a Shounen.
Every time he survives a fight, he'll get stronger for the next one.
So no, until he dies, I won't think he has shown everything he was capable of.
That's only absolutely true for the main character. It really depends on how much Kishi wants to keep Gaara in the story.

Spoiler:
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 15:50   Link #8
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2007-01-27, 15:56   Link #9
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
That's only absolutely true for the main character. It really depends on how much Kishi wants to keep Gaara in the story.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 16:07   Link #10
IVIavrick

Quote:

Spoiler:
I'm not so certain it would be at all difficult. Gaara was taught everything his father, former Kazekage, knew. (which im sure has to be much more than the sand manipulation Gaara has) Also note that Gaara was fighting upon YEARS of prolonged sleep deprivation. Considering that Kankarou is always quick to remind us of how much chakra Gaara's sand armor uses, its safe to say that Shukaku doesn't provide the immense chakra buffer that Kyubi does. Really it seems that te best Shukaku provides is the automative sand shied (which is not proven to be the demon's doing anyway) and the ability to transform into the one-tail.

Apart from those two things, it appears that Gaara's power was truly, all Gaara.

Spoiler:
IVIavrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 16:28   Link #11
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVIavrick View Post
I'm not so certain it would be at all difficult. Gaara was taught everything his father, former Kazekage, knew. (which im sure has to be much more than the sand manipulation Gaara has) Also note that Gaara was fighting upon YEARS of prolonged sleep deprivation. Considering that Kankarou is always quick to remind us of how much chakra Gaara's sand armor uses, its safe to say that Shukaku doesn't provide the immense chakra buffer that Kyubi does. Really it seems that te best Shukaku provides is the automative sand shied (which is not proven to be the demon's doing anyway) and the ability to transform into the one-tail.

Apart from those two things, it appears that Gaara's power was truly, all Gaara.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 17:19   Link #12
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Spoiler:
Gaara stated that his father taught him everything about Ninja arts before the last part of the Chuunin exam when he went to the hospital to kill Lee.
Don't forget that before Gaara was deemed a faillure because he couldn't control Shukaku's power he was a spoiled child.
Spoiler:
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 17:38   Link #13
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2007-01-27, 18:48   Link #14
Cha0s

If you guys count the Biju's or forbidden techniques the genin's strength order goes like this:
Naruto
Gaara
Lee
Sasuke
Neji

Something like that.

WITHOUT biju or forbidden it goes like this:
Sasuke or gaara
Sasuke or gaara
Neji
Lee
Naruto (at best)

I mean don't get me wrong, naruto's good but so far a good part of his strength is from his determination and from the kyuubi.
And please, don't try to argue "but naruto beat neji in the chuunin exam!E!Eon1EO!N"
Without the kyuubi chakra he wouldn't be able to do jack.

Oh and i forgot. Gaara's sand shield is from shukaku, but his control over the sand is not. His offense is completely himself, while his defense is shukaku based from the automatic sand.
He's gonna have to practice his speed and defense without shukaku but he'll still be good. Or they'll just make it so he blocks it himself with his sand.

Last edited by Cha0s; 2007-01-27 at 18:50. Reason: add something
Cha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 18:55   Link #15
fullmetalMonkey
fma obessed monkey

i am confused is gaara's sand contoled by the shukaku or does the shukaku just give him the power to control sand and can he control sand based objects like a rock or something
fullmetalMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 22:11   Link #16
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2007-01-28, 14:36   Link #17
favojavo
Do The Shika Shake

Send a message via AIM to favojavo
In my opinion Gaar is nothing without his sand so if some one can deplete his sand then he's basicly skrewed
favojavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 15:31   Link #18
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

If i remember correctly it was said serveral times that the sand which was guarding Gaara was the soul of his own mother (in the sand)...and the Shukaku was the soul inside Gaara.

I doubt the Shukaku was gonna tell Gaara....child...love only yourself (his scar on his head)....that seems like a message from his mother.

I think the Shukaku gives Gaara with new other...perhaps stronger attacks but that's it.
Old 2007-01-28, 19:48   Link #19
inferno_grl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
If i remember correctly it was said serveral times that the sand which was guarding Gaara was the soul of his own mother (in the sand)...and the Shukaku was the soul inside Gaara.

I doubt the Shukaku was gonna tell Gaara....child...love only yourself (his scar on his head)....that seems like a message from his mother.

I think the Shukaku gives Gaara with new other...perhaps stronger attacks but that's it.
unless shukaku, might say that to make sure he loves no one else. if he loves anyone else then he might might actually discover mercy. and that's no fun for a death loving demon is it? just saying. it is a huge possibility.
inferno_grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 00:57   Link #20
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Good point I had mentioned that earlier regarding Gaara's mental stability . Insomania leads to hightened emotions and rage

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-01-31 at 18:27. Reason: Don't quote spoilers
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote