AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-19, 18:46   Link #61
Fai

Does anyone know the SONGS of the LIVE ACTION Touch movie?>
There's 3 songs, i know the song "touch" by younha is in it, and it plays when she's on her way to the stadium, and the ending song. i need to know that starts playing at the baseball field in their school.
Fai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 13:07   Link #62
aslientkiller
????

Send a message via AIM to aslientkiller Send a message via MSN to aslientkiller
where do i download those.
please, i need that.
i couldnt find any in china, they are in chinese vocals, and my gf couldnt find any in japan too, cuz it an early series, since 1985 i believe. so somebody tell where can i watch or download.
Currently my ipod stores till ep63, but now youtube shuts down that. omfg, guys, please, my gf and i will be glad if you guys find it. We both big baseball fans. LOL
aslientkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 14:00   Link #63
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslientkiller View Post
where do i download those.
please, i need that.
i couldnt find any in china, they are in chinese vocals, and my gf couldnt find any in japan too, cuz it an early series, since 1985 i believe. so somebody tell where can i watch or download.
Torrents for the series are available here (scroll down a bit and you'll see the torrents).
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 06:52   Link #64
aslientkiller
????

Send a message via AIM to aslientkiller Send a message via MSN to aslientkiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
Torrents for the series are available here (scroll down a bit and you'll see the torrents).
Thank you.
Arigadou!!!
aslientkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 02:20   Link #65
Levon
Unregistered User

Does anyone know where I can get the first 3 movies?
Levon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 08:03   Link #66
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levon View Post
Does anyone know where I can get the first 3 movies?
Same place as posted above. One of the torrents is a combination of the end of the series and the movies. Launch the torrent and deselect the TV series episodes and you'll download only the movies.
Old 2007-12-23, 19:12   Link #67
Levon
Unregistered User

I believe thats what I got, those are two specials. I'm looking for the 3 movies that summarizes the TV series.
Old 2007-12-23, 19:58   Link #68
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
I believe thats what I got, those are two specials. I'm looking for the 3 movies that summarizes the TV series.
There are fansubs of the first 2 movies (and can be found in this link - need to scroll down close to the bottom of the page). The torrent is old enough and may be dead but worth a try. I have not come across any English fansub of the 3rd movie.
Old 2007-12-24, 00:04   Link #69
Levon
Unregistered User

Yeah they are dead
Old 2007-12-27, 23:05   Link #70
Levon
Unregistered User

Someone started to seed them! Stuck at 98% right now though. Get it while its alive!

Would be nice if a group fansubbed movie 3. Wonder if those movies were released on DVD.
Old 2007-12-27, 23:56   Link #71
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Would be nice if a group fansubbed movie 3. Wonder if those movies were released on DVD.
Yes, they have been released on R2J DVDs and I have all 3 of them.
Old 2008-06-18, 09:55   Link #72
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

It's a shame no one seems to care that a DVD version of Touch has been released by the same group that provided us with a top notch translation some years ago.

Well, it did. Thanks to Central Anime, we now have a true DVD-rip worthy of its name (no warp-sharp, as popular it seems to be nowadays...).

The only downside it that they still insist in leaving the video at 29,97fps...
Old 2008-06-18, 11:36   Link #73
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugatosmk View Post
It's a shame no one seems to care that a DVD version of Touch has been released by the same group that provided us with a top notch translation some years ago.

Well, it did. Thanks to Central Anime, we now have a true DVD-rip worthy of its name (no warp-sharp, as popular it seems to be nowadays...).

The only downside it that they still insist in leaving the video at 29,97fps...
If I knew how to change it I would. Especially if the quality increases.
Old 2008-06-18, 17:00   Link #74
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heibi View Post
If I knew how to change it I would. Especially if the quality increases.
I think it has something to do with decimation - processing every other frame (decimation by 2), processing every other third frame (decimation by 3) or any other decimation value, depending on the animation at cause.

It's funny because I've been trying for a long time to test on my own to learn it. But I'm sure there are users here with a LOT more knowledge on video conversion than me.

There can be some gain it quality, as there are less frames to process.

(The mp3 audio also didn't see as good as it should be for 192kbps. I'm saying this because I performed a spectral analysis and there isn't much data above 16 kHz. But this is just me going too technical... and looking for perfection. )

By the way, what was the exact source you used? Did you buy the originals R2 DVD? The japanese did a tremendous remastering work; you can actually see some old painting texture that the TV release wasn't able to show!

But it sure made my day to rewatch "in high-definition" Tatsuya in his early mishaps.

Last edited by tugatosmk; 2008-06-18 at 17:10.
tugatosmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-18, 20:15   Link #75
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugatosmk View Post
I think it has something to do with decimation - processing every other frame (decimation by 2), processing every other third frame (decimation by 3) or any other decimation value, depending on the animation at cause.

It's funny because I've been trying for a long time to test on my own to learn it. But I'm sure there are users here with a LOT more knowledge on video conversion than me.

There can be some gain it quality, as there are less frames to process.

(The mp3 audio also didn't see as good as it should be for 192kbps. I'm saying this because I performed a spectral analysis and there isn't much data above 16 kHz. But this is just me going too technical... and looking for perfection. )

By the way, what was the exact source you used? Did you buy the originals R2 DVD? The japanese did a tremendous remastering work; you can actually see some old painting texture that the TV release wasn't able to show!

But it sure made my day to rewatch "in high-definition" Tatsuya in his early mishaps.
Yep, I bought the R2 DVD box set on my last trip to Tokyo. I still have no idea how to increase the frame rate. Would be nice if the knowledge came in a less technical term. I know computers but not enough to increase the quality. Need a "pilot's" checklist on how to do it. i.e. Written for dummies. I'm a pilot and navigator(USAF) so no insult meant towards pilots.
Old 2008-06-19, 08:33   Link #76
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
I don't quite follow this technical conversation, but either way, it was cool to rewatch Touch in DVD rip, I think that the other files, were ok, but a bit dated for the demand of todays new fans always searching for higher quality in order to watch the files in their High quality DVD system.

Either way, thanks again Texas Central-Anime!
Old 2008-06-19, 08:37   Link #77
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarokr View Post
I don't quite follow this technical conversation, but either way, it was cool to rewatch Touch in DVD rip, I think that the other files, were ok, but a bit dated for the demand of todays new fans always searching for higher quality in order to watch the files in their High quality DVD system.

Either way, thanks again Texas Central-Anime!
We're in Kansas, BTW. Always have been.
Old 2008-06-19, 23:42   Link #78
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
Wow! Sorry about that! Where the hell did I get the texas... *thinks* hmm... probably because i've been listening to a texan band lately, that must be it.
Old 2008-06-20, 17:26   Link #79
Area88

Great job guys, although I swore you guys used to have a strict policy of laserdisc sources only.

I personally prefered it that way because it gave fans a reason to upgrade and purchase the series on dvd if licensed.

This is one of the reasons why I stuck to LD's for Spt Layzner, don't want to compete against the remastered dvd sales in Japan but then I have more of a traditional mentality.
Area88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 08:00   Link #80
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Problem these days is there are no new LDs coming out. Our policy was actually no video tape usage(i.e. using a video tape to actually time and sub the show). Also, the process of capturing an LD takes up time and space on my PC. I also wanted to correct the picture quality problem we had with the Touch LDs. We had to constantly monitor the differences in each Touch LD. Brightness and colors varied from LD to LD.