AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-10-01, 23:36   Link #301
mg1942

hmmm I watched initial d once and it left a bad taste in my mouth. I watched the English DVD version...
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 23:45   Link #302
mg1942

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
dont forget crappy m in hte fit/jazz

real ballers get a SR20, or 2jz XD. honda just has no torque.

INITIAL D TOMORROW!

I read somewhere that a Japanese 240sx drifter swapped his modded SR20 with modded Honda F engine because the SR becomes weak at high rpms. Can this be another proof that Honda (F-20) can stand such abuse?

Now I wonder if LS1 was ever installed in S2000...
Old 2008-10-02, 02:48   Link #303
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Quote:
dont forget crappy m in hte fit/jazz

the s2k would crush just on the merit of its FR layout, which is imho far superior to FF. at least for track/drag. it handles amazingly. real ballers get a SR20, or 2jz XD. honda just has no torque.
M? And I thought they were using lawnmower engines... Like in go-carts...

Nuh uh uh, dude. Remember now that my Civic's special. I did spend nearly $25k to change it from an FF to something else. So, visually to others, it's just your typical civic that amazingly local people here don't seem to be fond of generation-wise. It's handling and specs are much different than expected, even if people know I had a K under the hood.

And I am ballin' with the amount I spent on my car. I just don't want to make it obvious. Having a Civic that people expect to be FF and not that spectacular in terms of specs is quite a good cover. Even it's color (silver) just gave the impression that it was a typical low-spec'ed daily driver. When I first rolled out with it, no one expected much out of it because they didn't know what had been done to it. Now-a-days, the ones who have been around long enough know to think twice before looking down on my Civic...or any of the cars in my team.

It was my plan in the first place to make our vehicles appear "not that great" in the eyes of both the cops and the other racers. It gave us the edge in the races because the other racers end up with a preconceived impression of what our cars can and can't do. "Sleepers" per say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
hmmm I watched initial d once and it left a bad taste in my mouth. I watched the English DVD version...
That's why... The english version was horrid. Their name pronunciations were all wrong and the change of opening song gave the impression that they were trying really hard to sell the series to car enthusiasts...and failed miserably. Come on now. Why does rap music have to be playing when street racing is involved? I race to all-out rock or anything that invokes the feeling of speed.

Quote:
I read somewhere that a Japanese 240sx drifter swapped his modded SR20 with modded Honda F engine because the SR becomes weak at high rpms. Can this be another proof that Honda (F-20) can stand such abuse?

Now I wonder if LS1 was ever installed in S2000...
The better question would be; Would it fit?
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 04:06   Link #304
mg1942

With some room to spare
Old 2008-10-02, 04:43   Link #305
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Quote:
Amazing. I see it's not complete yet but it looks like it'll work. It'll definitely be one scary sleeper car, though its exhaust definitely won't sound anything close to what people would expect of an S2000.
Old 2008-10-02, 12:31   Link #306
AMDX1325
AdvancedMicroDevices1325

thought high reving V-tecs are great....

S2000 is great indeed. But may not appeal to techno dudes that wants the electronic gizmos xD Also it is still a ROADSTER...if you want to carry your crew while going fast, 4Door fast car like EVO and STi are cool choices. Want luxury still? go for european fast four doors then...like the M bimmers, AMG mercs and RS Audis

My little crappy insight:
Buying a GT-R is a sensible choice (the DEALER rips u off tho), ur getting a good if not better engineered car than expensive european counterparts.
However if you want to look bling like you rolling with the top guys and want pick up lots of chicks, go euro!
AMDX1325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 14:11   Link #307
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
I dont mean to bash but why would you drop that much in a civic, its an economy car. i wouldve at least started with a more competitive chassis like a Evo or STi or a myriad of RWD cars.

V8s fit in miatas, ive seen a 1ufejz s2k.
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 14:18   Link #308
mg1942

Insurance costs?
Old 2008-10-02, 15:01   Link #309
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

and supposed you pay cheap insurance for a civic, that car is totallyed....your screwed
Old 2008-10-02, 15:35   Link #310
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Quote:
I dont mean to bash but why would you drop that much in a civic, its an economy car. i wouldve at least started with a more competitive chassis like a Evo or STi or a myriad of RWD cars.
I'm not really offended, so no worries. Your response is actually very similar to most responses I get...which is and . Heh. Like I said, there's a few reasons why I made this decision. One choice was to throw off other people, including the police. Like you said, to you, the Civic is an economy car, so it's not expected to be that great in terms of beating...say... an Evo. But, I made it happen. Granted, it took quite a bit of money, but nothing compared to what I would have paid for...a GT-R(?) just to have close to the same specs. But, it wasn't really because it was cheaper to do, but because a lot of people either thought it was impossible or ridiculously insane. Indeed it was (and still is) insane, but I proved them wrong that it wasn't impossible. Plus, it was fun. It gave me something to do instead of simply, "throw headers here... throw an exhaust system there..." I wanted to make something that made my car stand out from its kind. On top of that, since I switched back to NA, it's pretty much back to being an "economy car" with quite a big and powerful bite. Granted, it's not back to being 34mpg (city) but it's mileage is still quite economic in comparison to most cars... if I was only to feed it premium gas instead of gas from the airport... I'm just odd like that.

Now, in regards to a WRX and an Evo, their bodies are much too large and heavier in my opinion. I would prefer my Civic or a smaller car over them for that reason. There are some advantages to having a larger car, such as being able to block your opponent easier, but I would rather have a lighter and smaller car that doesn't require that much room to maneuver.

Quote:
Insurance costs?
Quote:
and supposed you pay cheap insurance for a civic, that car is totallyed....your screwed
I did mention several posts back that my car's gone through quite an expensive damage...twice. In fact, my insurance suggested I total the car the first time and highly recommended (to the point that they were sounding like they were saying, "total it or else") the second time. I said no to both. No matter how badly beaten my car gets, I intend to continue to repair it and keep going. In fact, 8 years ago, my first car, which had blown a head gasket and water pump, had a resale value of $1,000. It was 10 years old. I was angry at my parents for getting rid of it since I firmly believed (and still do) that I would be able to repair it and get it running again. Quite stubborn of me, yes, but that's how I take pride of my vehicles.
Old 2008-10-02, 15:50   Link #311
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

um light????????/heavy? a gc8 impreza weights less than your 7th/8th gen civic by about 100-300 lbs and has AWD, i beg to differ. Granted new STIs and WRX are a bit heavier but i proved my point XD

FD RX7s are only 2700, miatas are nonexistent and heck 240sxs are way lighter than 3k lbs.
Old 2008-10-02, 15:55   Link #312
AMDX1325
AdvancedMicroDevices1325

civic is way too ricey imo, granted theres lots of parts for them and cheap too, a nicely tune civic can come cheaper than others, but isn't classy enough imo.

RWD sport racing all the way, AWD/4WD for rallies. FWD???????? hmmmm just meant to go from A to B.
Old 2008-10-02, 15:56   Link #313
mg1942

meh just tell us how rear drive civic drives! Evaluation!

anyway...

Old 2008-10-02, 16:48   Link #314
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

haha. Awesome avatars. Didn't even know those were choices.

Here's one rare picture of my car. My teammate courteously censored the license plate when he gave it to me:

Spoiler for size:

Now that I look at it, this was taken years ago before I changed out the seats, got a tachometer that went all the way up to 12,000 RPM, hood pins and a few other things... Wow. This is an old picture.

In terms of weight, I'm more than sure that I've reduced more than merely just 300lbs, but yes, I was referring to the newer WRXs that seems to have plagued my city. (It was an Evos vs WRXs-fest last year.)

Again... For the third or fourth time (I lost count)... My car is no longer FWD.
Old 2008-10-02, 16:56   Link #315
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Well, I don't know why you would drop so much money into a Civic, but at least it's no longer WWD (Wrong wheel drive )...I'm assuming RWD then?

And how the hell'd you get the funds do to that anyway?
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 17:41   Link #316
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

I did explain it and I do love my vehicles.

As for its drivetrain, I'll let everyone take a guess. I will give a hint though; I took framing and parts from a CR-V and S2000 to make the drivetrain change possible.

As for funds... I kill people. Just kidding. I've had two jobs for a whole year that allowed me to make $36,000~ in a year after taxes...and made me feel like an old man. The next two years, I held a job that allowed me to make $25,000/yr plus bonuses. Then the next year I held a job that was pretty...stupid because of the general manager, but I also made just as much as my job before, then moved on to repairing printers for a year and a half making $30,000+ after taxes and bonuses. And now, I own my business. I was pretty cheap with what I bought, so I only typically spent $1,000 at most per month, including bills. Then there was that $10,000 loan I was approved for. So, yeah, I saved up quite a bit overtime to manage an engine swap, mods (including the supercharger and turbo), then drivetrain and all-wheel brakes conversion, and having to downgrade to an NA and replacing everything I fried.
Old 2008-10-02, 17:44   Link #317
AMDX1325
AdvancedMicroDevices1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
I did explain it and I do love my vehicles.

As for its drivetrain, I'll let everyone take a guess. I will give a hint though; I took framing and parts from a CR-V and S2000 to make the drivetrain change possible.

As for funds... I kill people. Just kidding. I've had two jobs for a whole year that allowed me to make $36,000~ in a year after taxes...and made me feel like an old man. The next two years, I held a job that allowed me to make $25,000/yr plus bonuses. Then the next year I held a job that was pretty...stupid because of the general manager, but I also made just as much as my job before, then moved on to repairing printers for a year and a half making $30,000+ after taxes and bonuses. And now, I own my business. I was pretty cheap with what I bought, so I only typically spent $1,000 at most per month, including bills. Then there was that $10,000 loan I was approved for. So, yeah, I saved up quite a bit overtime to manage an engine swap, mods (including the supercharger and turbo), then drivetrain and all-wheel brakes conversion, and having to downgrade to an NA and replacing everything I fried.

Interesting, how is the car now as far as reliability?
Old 2008-10-02, 17:45   Link #318
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDX1325 View Post
Interesting, how is the car now as far as reliability?
Reliability as in performance/handling or mileage or what?
Old 2008-10-02, 17:48   Link #319
AMDX1325
AdvancedMicroDevices1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
Reliability as in performance/handling or mileage or what?
Like endurance of engine parts after turbocharging, transmission and clutches, etc
I am asking reliability as how often does car breaks down...

Cuz I know a guy who put a gigantic turbo in his "350GT", he blew his tranny later cuz apparently the modded engine was too strong for the stock box....he had to get a custom built box
Old 2008-10-02, 18:09   Link #320
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDX1325 View Post
Like endurance of engine parts after turbocharging, transmission and clutches, etc
I am asking reliability as how often does car breaks down...

Cuz I know a guy who put a gigantic turbo in his "350GT", he blew his tranny later cuz apparently the modded engine was too strong for the stock box....he had to get a custom built box
Ohh. Yes, I blew my tranny as well, but it wasn't stock. I had a stage 6 clutch and everything. It just comes to show that too much power to the engine coupled with frequent cornering does not bode well on the transmission.

Other than that, it lasted quite a long time before I started getting interested with drifting. With the turbos and supercharger working together, there wasn't much of an obvious boost lag since both covered both sides of the spectrum.

With the car's current setup, I haven't had any real problems, especially with the turbos and supercharger now gone. I also retuned the suspensions and transmission just to be sure. With the new billet pistons (with rings), sleeving, camshafts and rods in the new port and polished engine, I'm sure it'll last even longer than the last K.