AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-26, 08:31   Link #3221
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I really don't like Elise...she's making me rage in the same way Syndra players made me rage...
Old 2012-10-26, 09:23   Link #3222
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Haven't tried her out or seen any Elise players yet, I'll buy her soon enough and let you know what she's really like.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 09:29   Link #3223
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

There's just one major issue I have with her...and it's the same one that drove me nuts about seeing Syndra in action.

Team fights.

I also have a fair suspicion she's easy tank food from the matches I've seen or been in.

Pity because the lore surrounding her is actually appealing.
Old 2012-10-26, 09:59   Link #3224
Kafriel
Senior Guest

New TT FOTM: UUUURGOOOOOOT! Builds kage's lucky pick, HoG, avarice blade. Picks up merc treads, makes brutalizer->youmuu's, brutalizer->Van damme AND a spare brutalizer just for the evulz. Blackfire torch out of kage's lucky pick and you got a 40% CDR, 75 ArPen, 10% spellvamp beast that burns 5% HP dot on every rocket. Sixth slot is for whatever you may feel is needed against a certain opponent, but this worked out perfectly for me (Urgot/Mundo/Panth vs Riven/Wukong/Elise).

Speaking of Elise, pretty lacking indeed. Way too easy to pick up with any bruiser, she just really needs something like DFG to burst them down...and DFG is only worth it if you're stacking tons of AP now.

P.S: TT soundtrack fits really well with the stage.
Old 2012-10-26, 10:14   Link #3225
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

You clearly haven't been one shotted by a Twisted Fate or Evelynn wielding DFG lately...have you...
Old 2012-10-26, 10:54   Link #3226
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Lately as in today, no. IMO the base damage reduction was terrible, 19% versus the previous 28.2%, other items could take priority over this until later in the game, but by that point you will probably also be needing Mpen...Taking off the CDR just stepped it down a few places too.

EDIT: Elise feedback from my side, amazing scouting potential with her volatile spiderling; long range and a 3s autonomous mode before exploding for...quite a bit of damage, actually. Great AP ratio on it too. Neurotoxin is okay, nowhere near infected cleaver's level but combos well with venomous bite. Cocoon: long range stun, 1.5s is okay, but high cooldown and no damage. Rappel is the ultimate trolling move, especially for dodging ultimate skillshots

Gank potential: high. She's got slows, hastes, a stun and a weird-ass blink, can get the job done with ease.
TF contribution: unfortunately, limited to poking with spiders or landing a stun, her spider damage scales slowly and I doubt anyone would build AS on her, although the bonus damage in spider form is worth noting. Might try a hybrid build with a hextech revolver and maybe a rageblade to see just how far her spiderlings go...

Last edited by Kafriel; 2012-10-26 at 11:57.
Old 2012-10-26, 13:26   Link #3227
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

My AP Poppy gets hit hard with the nerf of DFG. Usually end game I have only around 120 ~ 150 AP so I will have to find a new build for her.
Old 2012-11-01, 13:28   Link #3228
willx
Nyaaan~~

So lately I've been thinking about Khazix .. and then I was thinking about other situational heroes. I wonder if we'll start seeing more specialized characters emerge more in professional play, with teams "designed" a certain way..

For example I've started thinking about queuing with a Xin Zhao + Khazix or Galio + Brand ..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 20:31   Link #3229
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Darius lover here.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 22:10   Link #3230
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
So lately I've been thinking about Khazix .. and then I was thinking about other situational heroes. I wonder if we'll start seeing more specialized characters emerge more in professional play, with teams "designed" a certain way..

For example I've started thinking about queuing with a Xin Zhao + Khazix or Galio + Brand ..
you should look at some of M5 or Azuba Frost's games, especially Azubu vs IG, where Azuba ran Leona/Jarvan/Noct designed run as a dive team or M5 vs IG Xin/Lee and Shen/Alistar for it.

Or quite a number of the teams running poke/siege comps.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 22:19   Link #3231
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
you should look at some of M5 or Azuba Frost's games, especially Azubu vs IG, where Azuba ran Leona/Jarvan/Noct designed run as a dive team or M5 vs IG Xin/Lee and Shen/Alistar for it.

Or quite a number of the teams running poke/siege comps.
Yeah, I saw a lot of those.. They seemed like they were doing really well. Then TPA came and just demolished them with a balanced comp.. which I was shocked about.
Old 2012-11-02, 02:15   Link #3232
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

TPA were daring to pick a range of AD carries. Instead of the spam of Ezreal, Graves, Corki and Kog'maw, Bebe went 'hey, Vayne and Caitlyn are still pretty good too in the right team makeup.' Yorick spam got countered by Stanley's Nidalee. Lilballz tended to go for beefier junglers. However, there wasn't much variance in mid with Toyz. But why would he bother when people allow him Orianna?

I only care about bot lane, anyway.
Old 2012-11-02, 04:13   Link #3233
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Caitlyn is a good backup ADC to know, Vayne's a pretty high-risk pick though. As for team comps, it's really up to the team: TSM and CLG usually stick to a very limited choice of champions and develop all sorts of tactics with them (whether they fail or not is another matter). SK and Dignitas may get out of their known picks to counter others...while M5 is just plain unpredictable :P
Old 2012-11-02, 09:17   Link #3234
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Caitlyn is a good backup ADC to know, Vayne's a pretty high-risk pick though. As for team comps, it's really up to the team: TSM and CLG usually stick to a very limited choice of champions and develop all sorts of tactics with them (whether they fail or not is another matter). SK and Dignitas may get out of their known picks to counter others...while M5 is just plain unpredictable :P

That's the beauty of M5, I like innovative team comps and strategies. Considering how many characters are in the game and the different kinds of combinations, I don't believe we've come up with the "optimal" set being:

Bruiser Top / Ganky Jungle / Ap Mid / Support + ADC

I believe there's a number of optimal choices with the above being the "standard" fall back. If you have a killer bot lane that can deny farm and enough "dive" initiate .. I'm bold enough to think a team could get by without an ADC :P
Old 2012-11-02, 12:36   Link #3235
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Is anyone watching MLG Dallas tonight? When exactly does it start by the way, four and half hours from now?
Old 2012-11-02, 13:03   Link #3236
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ That would fall right at midnight in my zone, Today's schedule, off the MLG site:
Quote:
Friday

10:30 AM - 4:00 PM Problem Check-In

10:30 AM - 5:00 PM Check-In

1:30 PM - 5:00 PM Warm-Up

5:00 PM - 5:30 PM Welcome

5:30 PM - 11:30 PM Winners Round 1
Quote:
Considering how many characters are in the game and the different kinds of combinations, I don't believe we've come up with the "optimal" set being:

Bruiser Top / Ganky Jungle / Ap Mid / Support + ADC
I know, I've had the luck of participating in some dual mid lanes at times, dual jungling, or even 3 solo lanes, a jungler and a counter-jungler. Can't say I played enough games to get enough feedback for them, but playing something out of the ordinary makes the game...iunno, more fun, I guess?
Old 2012-11-02, 19:23   Link #3237
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Is anyone watching MLG Dallas tonight? When exactly does it start by the way, four and half hours from now?
Yes, I am. Just watched the first game of najin.sword totally crushing clg.na. I don't think anyone should be surprised, though. I'll hope for a more exciting second game but I wouldn't count on it.

edit: As for times and seeing how you're from germany I'd recommend readmore - google it. It's not just lol there but they track almost every "important" lol match in the ticker to the right on a daily basis converted to Central eu standard time as well as providing stream links.

Last edited by Waven; 2012-11-02 at 20:26.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 20:56   Link #3238
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Nice dragon steal into a double kill by TSM. They were getting bruted hard early but that has definitely got them back in Game 1 vs Curse.

Edit: Wow, 5 min turret kill in game 2 for TSM but Curse get 3 kills out of it. And the lane re-swap utterly benefitted Cop and allowed Westrice to catch up hard. TSM dropped the ball and never got a decent teamfight, which is weird since Cop and Jacky were in bad positions for a lot of the early ones.

Final Edit: Very well measured game by TSM in game 3. Reginald was beastly in the one, Dyrus shut down Westrice hard in the longrun. Curse seemed to lack someone to get in everyone's face and demand a focus switch. Reginald and Chaox getting near free reign in team fights - you won't live through that.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-11-02 at 23:14.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 03:36   Link #3239
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Thanks Kafriel and Waven. Unfortunately I fell asleep last night, waiting for the delayed event to finally start. I'm currently watching the rebroadcast though and have just witnessed the total anihilation of CLG. I suppose this was the first match of the event? Luckily the tournament will pick up today at an earlier time. I really want to see Dignitas. They were having a very rough time lately.

/EDIT:

Oh my god! This match between Dignitas and Azubu Blaze has got to be the most intense series I have ever seen. Blaze came out 2-0 after all, but seriously, both games were so unbelievably close. It was a constant back and forth, especially duting the second game. I was literally off my seat every time crumbz burstet that Lulu in the middle lane. But in the end it was just not quite enough for Dignitas. Still an amazing match, though. That one will be remembered for a long time to come, I can tell you that much.

Last edited by ZGoten; 2012-11-03 at 12:27.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 21:08   Link #3240
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Just tuned in just before the the third game of clg.eu vs clg.na. Looking forward to this one.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol