AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-03-06, 13:02   Link #41
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Based on Kabuto's words, Oro is most likely gone (he is not in the scene), so most probably he tried to enter Sasuke's body.

So, the question is, based on Oro's memory recalls, whether Sasuke had the eye to dispel Oro's technique just like Itachi. We assume that he doesn't. If he really does not, then the person walking away right now should be Oro. If Sasuke had MS, then it should be Sasuke.

But, interesting, if Oro obtains Sasuke's body, and can easily leave the body, maybe he can also leave Sasuke's body, without giving any damage to Sasuke and leave the body to its original owner.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 13:09   Link #42
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay View Post
What is he saying in Japanese?
He's wondering which one Sasuke is.

Sazelyt you are only assuming Itachi used the MS to negate the effect of Oro's jutsu, for all we know at this point it could be the regular Sharingan.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 13:11   Link #43
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Quote:
What is he saying in Japanese?
今の君は・・・一体どっちなんです?
No idea...
一体 can mean "one body" or "what on earh" or "generally"
どっち means "which one"
Could mean something like "Which one on earth are you now?" referring to Kabuto not knowing if he's talking to Orochimaru or Sasuke. He's possibly possessed by now.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 13:25   Link #44
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran View Post
今の君は・・・一体どっちなんです?
No idea...
一体 can mean "one body" or "what on earh" or "generally"
どっち means "which one"
Could mean something like "Which one on earth are you now?" referring to Kabuto not knowing if he's talking to Orochimaru or Sasuke. He's possibly possessed by now.
BTW am I the only one reading the text as question marks?

I have firefox and have tried to add Japanese characters to it but have been unsuccessful.
Old 2007-03-06, 13:27   Link #45
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Hmmm, what would make for a way to prolong the two characters without us getting sick and tired of them? I'd say, Oro has inhabited Sasuke's body, but it didn't work the way Oro suspected. Sasuke has complete control of his mind, body, and Oro's power. Why do I say this?

Who in the heck has the balls to stand up to Oro without some kind of definitive plan on winning?
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 13:28   Link #46
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
BTW am I the only one reading the text as question marks?

I have firefox and have tried to add Japanese characters to it but have been unsuccessful.
It's not a browser issue . Not sure about other operating systems but if you have Windows, you need to have MS Office installed along with their language package for Japanese text to show.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 13:30   Link #47
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
It's not a browser issue. Not sure about other operating systems but if you have Windows, you need to have MS Office installed along with their language translation package.
Dammit. I hate my computer.

I don't have office on this PC. Not even word.
Old 2007-03-06, 13:30   Link #48
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Sazelyt you are only assuming Itachi used the MS to negate the effect of Oro's jutsu, for all we know at this point it could be the regular Sharingan.
Based on what we are given, MS currently seems the only way to stop Oro. In reality, it may not be, but, it is most likely. A new translation points out to the least likely scenario, by saying that, Sasuke uses similar techniques to stop Oro. We'll see how, when we see the eye.

Another observation from the spoiler picture. Sasuke's eyes are not snake eyes, although it is possible that the eyes were drawn in a dark way to prevent us seeing the real eye. Or, maybe Oro would just prefer the original sharingan instead of using his own eye, if Oro is in that body and in control.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 13:43   Link #49
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Quote:
It's not a browser issue . Not sure about other operating systems but if you have Windows, you need to have MS Office installed along with their language package for Japanese text to show.
Do you realise what you're saying? ^^'
If you've a 350$ Windows you need to buy a 500$ Office just to enjoy Japanese characters O.o
No no... it's way easier.

Go to control panel, Regional and Languages Options.
Click on the Languages tab and check the "Install files for East Asian languages" checkbox. Of course you'll need the Windows CD.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 13:43   Link #50
shaselai

I bet its going to be underwhelming like we see Oro coming out of the room panting saying "damn.. Sasuke has gotten too strong. I almost overtook his body" and we go back to Naruto and friends....
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 13:51   Link #51
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
I bet its going to be underwhelming like we see Oro coming out of the room panting saying "damn.. Sasuke has gotten too strong. I almost overtook his body" and we go back to Naruto and friends....
Hah! I can agree to that happening.
Old 2007-03-06, 13:52   Link #52
threepac3
Life is Relative

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
Killing off Orochimaru now is just sad storytellng. He deserves a worthier climax than this nonsense, which leads me to believe that he more than likely isn't dead. If anything, he's in some Voldemort state where he'll eventually come back if he in fact was "killed" at this point in the story. But plain and simple, off-ing him like this is just lame to the story. Now i'm not saying Sasuke CAN'T kill Orochimaru so all you fanboys keep on your belts, but the assumption most of you have that Sasuke just killed Orochimaru makes them both look bad as characters. There's more meaning behind the events between these two, MUCH more and it deserves to progress slower for us viewers.
You mean more in line with how Oro killed the 3rd Hokage?
Old 2007-03-06, 14:04   Link #53
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Based on what we are given, MS currently seems the only way to stop Oro. In reality, it may not be, but, it is most likely. A new translation points out to the least likely scenario, by saying that, Sasuke uses similar techniques to stop Oro. We'll see how, when we see the eye.
Based on the fact that Sasuke could enter Naruto's imental world with a regular Sharingan I can't agree with you.
I think it's probably the same kind of power that allowed Itachi to overpower Orochimaru's jutsu.

Quote:
Another observation from the spoiler picture. Sasuke's eyes are not snake eyes, although it is possible that the eyes were drawn in a dark way to prevent us seeing the real eye. Or, maybe Oro would just prefer the original sharingan instead of using his own eye, if Oro is in that body and in control.
Or just for no reason except it would be obvious if Sasuke had snake eyes
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 14:05   Link #54
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
But, interesting, if Oro obtains Sasuke's body, and can easily leave the body, maybe he can also leave Sasuke's body, without giving any damage to Sasuke and leave the body to its original owner.
I think, if the pic is legit, that this is the most probable scenario. Killing off Orochimaru would be poor, poor writing and killing off Sasuke, despite making me smile, wouldn´t add much to the story really. BUT, Orochimaru claiming Sasuke´s body would be something worth reading.

That would make the elonged rescue-Sasuke arc interesting once again, in my personal opinion.

Note* Extremely boring if Sasuke walks out from that fight without even a small wound. Of course it could just be more because of Orochimaru´s poor state rather than Sasuke being so overpowered it´s stupid. But still boring either way.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 14:25   Link #55
xPresagio

The first pic of Kabuto's closeup looks awfully a lot like the face he made back in the Chunnin exam, when Oro tantalize him about a possible betrayal.

The exact same position, but with some differences (particularly the mouth and the lack of hair). A quick retouch should solve that. And I'm probably missing other similar pictures of him.

But what strikes me as really odd, is how in the second frame, both Sasuke and Kabuto profiles/delimiters have a white space or halo separating them from the background.

I don't recall seeing that in the previous 2 chapters, so it might be FAKE.
But I wouldn't mind if it turns out to be true. Actually, that's one of the scenarios I expect: that Oro takes the body, even if later Sasuke shake him later after hearing some encouraging words from Naruto -Sakura's style.

Last edited by xPresagio; 2007-03-06 at 15:00. Reason: because there are others..
xPresagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 15:24   Link #56
Kage_Spyke
burakkukoohii jouyousha

I hope to god that oro fucking dies, hes had his stay, just go off to the other world and die with style. dont die and whine like a little bitch "all i wanted was his body. *emotears*"
Kage_Spyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 15:34   Link #57
Syndicate
Banned

Quote:
I don't recall Sasuke's father saying things like "the Uchiha clan makes all other geniuses look average by comparison".
thats called bragging and not arrogant which is something people seem to easy forget or not understand when talking about sasuke. why its bragging is cause he is telling it to a psycho patic killer who uses peopl elike shiht so its psychological warfare to mess with your opponents mind. its just great

and im talking about the pictures which we all are basically. and in the 2nd picture i dont see arrogance. I see coolness, swiftness badassness. i geuss its a nightmare for some.

we shoudl just go to the happy happyness konoha where everything is allright

Last edited by Syndicate; 2007-03-06 at 15:45.
Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 15:53   Link #58
Ero-Senn1n

So which spoiler could be true? Or could all these be fakes, including some fake manga pages?

When Oro speaks about 5 ninja stronger than any Uchiha which were those 5 ?
He says he killed one, it's most likely the 3rd hokage. Of course the 3rd hokage was much stronger in his prime, he was already quite old and weakend then Oro attakced. The other living person is most probably the akatsuki leader, so there are 3 more. My tip is on the 4th hokage, and maybe the 1st hokage (however it's probable that the 1st hokage was defeated by his Uchiha friend at the valley of the end, possibly Uchiha Madara).

In the previous chapter Oro has abandoned his host body, so i expect that for him it is a must to find a new host body in very limited time. However if Oro was defeated by Itachi that would mean he had to return to his original host to survive. But it's very unlikely that Oro could return to his former host after Itachi defeats him (either the former host or his true form being serously wounded/destroyed). Could it be that Kabuto had helped Orochimaru survive after Itachi left him to die? Kabuto had already saved Oro's life when Tsunade was about to kill him. Which means he is very loyal to Oro, for an unknown reason. Also why would Itachi spare Oro's life? It's a strange thing, also would mean that Itachi maybe is not such a killer as we think.

As for Kabuto, it seems that he is studying the secret of eternal life but he chose to be on the safe side, which means he had probably helped Sasori to make what Sasori made of his own body, and is now helping Orochimaru. But i guess he has no answers yet, because both methods of Sasori and Oro are clearly not perfect.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 16:00   Link #59
_Riku_

I'm thinking of the possibility that Orochimaru will co-exist in Sasuke's mind for a while. Like the (blech spoiler)
Spoiler:
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 16:02   Link #60
ILikeSquiReLz
<ˆ>(`;´)<ˆ>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicate View Post
thats called bragging and not arrogant which is something people seem to easy forget or not understand when talking about sasuke. why its bragging is cause he is telling it to a psycho patic killer who uses peopl elike shiht so its psychological warfare to mess with your opponents mind. its just great

and im talking about the pictures which we all are basically. and in the 2nd picture i dont see arrogance. I see coolness, swiftness badassness. i geuss its a nightmare for some.

we shoudl just go to the happy happyness konoha where everything is allright
To me this sound solely base on personal opinion. Arrogance and bragging parallel a fine line may it be or not that he is talking to a sadistic individual such as Orochimaru. He is proud and bragging about his name as if there is no equal, that is arrogance. Although for the most part what he is saying is true, it’s still arrogant.

That’s not saying much though, since almost every character so far in Naruto speak with an overconfident tone.

Please don’t be a bad commentator just because you favor a character. =)

Last edited by ILikeSquiReLz; 2007-03-06 at 16:34.
ILikeSquiReLz is offline   Reply With Quote