Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-03-23, 03:16   Link #381
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolido17 View Post
Here is another title for you classied it's called toki wo kakeru shoujo.I know you mentioned you didn't want a girl as a protagonist but since you seem to be really into the Idea of time traveling i thought maybe you would like it.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/2236/Toki_wo_Kakeru_Shoujo
A Girl Who Leaps Through Time is the first romance anime Classified Info watched when he was in high school. He thought it was an anime that has male protagonist, which is wrong.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 06:04   Link #382
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I'm just putting whatever is left out there since there is not very much.if classified wants something more ecchi he should try Koharu Biyori though its only 3 episodes.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/3085/Koharu_Biyori
Cold~as~Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 06:47   Link #383
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

A new anime that you could watch, it's called Happiness! : the 2006 12-episode supernatural romantic comedy TV anime is focused on Yuma, a schoolboy who enters magic academy. One day, Haruhi, Yuma's childhood friend, is giving chocolates to him, but she founds the guy who she has been searching for a long time. However, Anri, Haruhi's best friend, challenges her to a magic battle for the purpose to win Yuma's heart while giving chocolates to him. After Anri loses, Haruhi aims her and Yuma to go back to magic school in order to train as powerful mages. The story is similar to Demon King Daimao, this time with more action and less ecchi, although the romance is still present in this anime. There's even a spin-off OVA who happens to be a swimsuit episode.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-03-23, 09:13   Link #384
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
A new anime that you could watch, it's called Happiness! : the 2006 12-episode supernatural romantic comedy TV anime is focused on Yuma, a schoolboy who enters magic academy. One day, Haruhi, Yuma's childhood friend, is giving chocolates to him, but she founds the guy who she has been searching for a long time. However, Anri, Haruhi's best friend, challenges her to a magic battle for the purpose to win Yuma's heart while giving chocolates to him. After Anri loses, Haruhi aims her and Yuma to go back to magic school in order to train as powerful mages. The story is similar to Demon King Daimao, this time with more action and less ecchi, although the romance is still present in this anime. There's even a spin-off OVA who happens to be a swimsuit episode.
Ahhh... Jun Watarase sama
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 09:22   Link #385
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Just got back from university, and now heading towards the long journey of Death Note.

toki wo kakeru shoujo was indeed the first anime i happened to watch one day, which started my interest in animes. I always forget to edit the main post adding this. Will do it right now.

Thank you for updating me on the situation of Highschool DxD and Ano natsu, i'll make sure to get them for the next week. If you can, keep me up to date whether Zero no Tsukaima f finishes airing, since that has the 1st priority.

Anyways, i'll check out Happiness, even tho i feel like i've already heard this name.

As far as Koharu Biyori goes, i'm already getting it; even tho it's only 3 episodes, it looks relaxing, so it will do the job ;D

EDIT
Finished watching the 6th episode of Death Note, and indeed it's a kickass of anime. There was no romance (so far), but the mindgames and the fact that the protagonist is very smart and logical does it. He's the protagonist i've been seeking for so long: logical, rational, smart, and he's diabolic (i always tend to root for the "dark side" ;D). Also, that kind of animation is my favorite: serious and real-like. I'm enjoying it very much.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-03-23 at 11:56.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 16:14   Link #386
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I knew you would like death note that's why I mentioned it because both the protagonist and antagonist are bad ass.I also found out that the mastermind behind Deathnote also created
Bakuman so you might want to check that one out.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/7674/Bakuman/

final episode for zero no tsukaima is march 24 so it might show up on streaming sites with english subtitles a day after I'm not sure.
Old 2012-03-23, 20:47   Link #387
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished watching episode 25 of Death Note
Spoiler for huge spoiler:
Old 2012-03-23, 22:24   Link #388
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Don't you hate it when people put spoilers in the title of their threads or forget to put spoiler tags?It's so fucking annoying.sorry you couldn't fully enjoy Death note.
Old 2012-03-23, 22:33   Link #389
SynLogiK
Illogical

Has anyone seen The World God Only Knows?
I say it's an excellent anime in my opinion.
SynLogiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 02:32   Link #390
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynLogiK View Post
Has anyone seen The World God Only Knows?
I say it's an excellent anime in my opinion.
Check out the manga. It's even more awesome!
Old 2012-03-24, 02:55   Link #391
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

After you finish watching Death Note and Happiness!, I just want you to seriously go back to Seikon no Qwaser (I heard you have dropped it after episode 1), the plot is here :
Quote:
The story begins when Alexander "Sasha" Nikolaevich Hel, a Qwaser (a being who possess supernatural powers affording with a single chemical element) born in Siberia, gets mysteriously sent to Japan, at St. Mikhailov Academy (a orthodox school). One day, he is find by two schoolgirls, Mafuyu Oribe and Tomo Yamanobe. Almost immediately, Sasha begins to repay Mafuyu and Tomo's humanitarianism as he repels their tormentors; unfortunately, this does not change Sasha's prologue as a throw-away Qwaser from the Adepts and that the Adepts have no qualms about making an absolute war zone of the Academy in order to acquire the Theotokos of Tsarytsin from Athos who wishes to keep the icon's existence a secret from the world.
You know, this one has lot of action and huge loads of ecchiness, but since you love tits, you need to watch this one but bear the incosistencies (like breast feeding used during fight scenes) of the show. Sasha is a smart and rational protagonist with a "cool side". This anime is consisted of two seasons : the first one is consisted of 24 episodes, the second is 12 episodes.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-03-24, 05:29   Link #392
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Sorry, but the idea of breast feeding really bothers me. I just cannot consider this anime's action serious with a feature like that. If i really forced myself to consider it serious, then the ecchiness factor would just disappear.

Anyways, going to finish Death Note: finished episode 27
Spoiler for opinions:
Old 2012-03-24, 10:52   Link #393
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished watching Death Note
Spoiler for ending:

I'll probably start Hatsukoi Limited, and see if i can get over the "girl as protag" issue.
Old 2012-03-24, 11:04   Link #394
Undertaker

If you like this type of setting and feel, I'll also recommend Durarara!

There are some supernatural element but it on the level of Death Note.

While not the central plot, there are some romances spread around the series as well. Give it a shot and see how you feel.
Old 2012-03-24, 11:11   Link #395
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I already mentioned durarara.anyways you can watch highschool dxd since it's already finished.I also found another anime that will come out soon it's called zetman and it's tagged with romance.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/11837/Zetman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTqww3yzPTU
Old 2012-03-24, 11:22   Link #396
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

You need to pick OreTsuba, the story is similar to Kimikiss Pure Rouge and ef -a fairy tale of the two-, with four guys falling in love with four girls. Although the anime looks decent, the visual novel (where the anime is adapted from) looks better (but both formats looks good), but I don't know if there's a translated version of the game.

Meanwhile, Zero no Tsukaima F is now finished, but you could watch it once you have time, together with High School DxD and Waiting in the Summer (Ano Natsu de Matteru) (the final episode will be released next week).
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-03-24, 11:25   Link #397
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished watching the first episode of Hatsukoi Limited, but the issue now seems another: the guy. I like the artwork, and Ayumi is good, but there are two issues: since Ayumi is the protagonist, all her friends are girls, and i just can't sub in anyone of them. That guy... is horrible. Did he come out of a Zoo or smth? He's just too ugly. If he was just scary but cool, i wouldn't have had any issue, but he's some gorilla.

I'll now watch Shattered Angels and get Durarara.
Old 2012-03-24, 11:39   Link #398
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

That gorilla you are talking about is only a supporting character he is not one of the main dudes.
Old 2012-03-24, 11:58   Link #399
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Ok, i just came to the conclusion that i really can't get over the "girl as protagonist" issue. It just bothers me not to be able to sub in the protagonist. Moreover, when the girl is all "ooo, he looks like a prince, i want him", i just can't stand it: sorry for not sharing the same interests of a girl.

So, out of these titles, which ones have a girl as protagonist?
Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora
DN Angel
Kenkou Zenrakei Suieibu Umisho
Footprits on the sand
Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo
Old 2012-03-24, 12:02   Link #400
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
Ok, i just came to the conclusion that i really can't get over the "girl as protagonist" issue. It just bothers me not to be able to sub in the protagonist. Moreover, when the girl is all "ooo, he looks like a prince, i want him", i just can't stand it: sorry for not sharing the same interests of a girl.

So, out of these titles, which ones have a girl as protagonist?
Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora
DN Angel
Kenkou Zenrakei Suieibu Umisho
Footprits on the sand
Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo
The only anime you mentionned that have girl as the protagonist is Kyoshiro no Towa no Sora. The rest of the titles you mentionned have boy as the protagonist (even though D.N Angel is based on a shoujo manga, it does not have sparkly romance in it, but has lot of serious action and some romance). Kyoshiro no Towa no Sora is based on a shounen manga by Kaishaku, so it has some fanservice in it, but the action package is very serious. Looks very similar to Asura Cryin' because there's a little amount of mecha, but they do not look like Power Rangers nor it have important part to the story. You can even sub the crimson-haired male protagonist next to the main heroine, but I'm sure that he gets as much screentime as the heroine. His role didn't play importantly until somewhere like episode 3-4 or so (since I haven't watched this anime yet), but the anime has 13 episodes.
MyAnimeList