AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-26, 10:06   Link #1241
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

i mean who'd take a year to reach his hometown? i don't think it's possible if u ask me. maybe raki took his time, visiting other towns on his way; ridding youmas along the way and spent day after day waitin' for clare thinking she would somehow show up.

idk it's just strange to me taking a year to get to his hometown.
Old 2008-06-26, 10:20   Link #1242
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
i mean who'd take a year to reach his hometown? i don't think it's possible if u ask me. maybe raki took his time, visiting other towns on his way; ridding youmas along the way and spent day after day waitin' for clare thinking she would somehow show up.

idk it's just strange to me taking a year to get to his hometown.
I think that this is possible, I mean Raki (probably) doesn't know that Clare has gone renegade after being sent to her death in Pieta. So, as you said, goes around from village to village, if there are yoma there he finds and slays them and then waits to see if Clare comes.

I don't know for sure though, because if he did this, woudn't the org be very supicious that towns they get pleas to kill yoma from end up with a claymore finding the corpse of the yoma, and would then send their people to investigate?

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Old 2008-06-26, 11:12   Link #1243
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

As I said, he might have taken a year to backtrack their route from Rabona to his hometown. But it's just as possible, that he took some detours and didn't go directly. Still, he visited at least every place where they were together on their trips.

When push comes to shove, that's when friction produces heat.

Sry for me bad English, ain't be me main tongue^^
Old 2008-06-26, 11:20   Link #1244
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
Raki is Hu-man
nothing suggests anything differently.
Raki is human but he is somehow stronger than Clare in chapter #1, who said they took monster blood to wield the big sword, to match yoma speed and strength.

Raki is human but he somehow moves so fast that villagers can't catch with their eyes.

Raki is human but people say no human could defeat yoma before and I'm sure Raki isn't the one who invented hard training to be able to kill yoma.

We have every reason to believe that he is not human.
Old 2008-06-26, 11:27   Link #1245
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureYoki View Post
Raki is human but people say no human could defeat yoma before and I'm sure Raki isn't the one who invented hard training to be able to kill yoma.
You're right. But I'm also sure that Raki is the first one who has been trained 7 years by the former #1 Claymore. Cid or Galk have never been taught about fighting yoma by an expert on killing yoma, their plan to take Agatha down relied only on their own experience at what happened long time ago in the Cathedral.

Obviously, super-human speed is another thing.
Old 2008-06-26, 11:35   Link #1246
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

I really wonder how long Raki did train. He has been searching for Clare for at least a year and he was in a dungeon at one point. Did Isley train him or did he train himself? And was Isley the most skilled swordsman in his era? He might be #1 just because he had much more yoki than his peers.
Old 2008-06-26, 11:53   Link #1247
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

ZOMG The manga bishounen-fied Raki to a 20 out of 10 in the hotdamn-take-me-now meter.

HAHAHHAHAHA @ Raki-haters. You've now got legions of fangirls to answer to now.

But damn, the brat grew up, and nicely too. Think this paves way for some proper Raki x Clare?
Old 2008-06-26, 11:59   Link #1248
xXVirgilXx
Dont give me that look!!

The fact that Raki dont have the ability to sense Yoma's is proof that he is still human. This is a manga afterall and Raki is protected by the "god of plot" so i wouldnt be suprise if Raki did train enough to be as powerful as a normal Claymore not to mention that he is the 1st human to be trained by former #1, Isley. I have no proof of that statement but i think its safe to assume.
Old 2008-06-26, 12:16   Link #1249
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXVirgilXx View Post
The fact that Raki dont have the ability to sense Yoma's is proof that he is still human.
You are right but he may be taking pills or something else to that effect.

And as other members said, his scar is irrelevant. For example Galatea can't heal her eyes because a long time has passed.

I don't believe Raki is human until Yagi explicitly shows us that he is.
Old 2008-06-26, 12:23   Link #1250
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
Raki is human but he is somehow stronger than Clare in chapter #1, who said they took monster blood to wield the big sword, to match yoma speed and strength.
Clare killed a yoma instantly in ch. 1 without a surprise attack. (and killed another with a surprise attack included) yet again we are talking about a rank 47 warrior, which isn't much of a compliment to a human.
Quote:
Raki is human but he somehow moves so fast that villagers can't catch with their eyes.
those villagers are tradesmen and woman that didn't receive a single day of combat training. just walk into any martial arts training facility and you are sure to find a person that can kick or punch faster than your eye can keep track of. and this is a fantasy world, so I doubt we'll be able to find a human that can run faster than we can follow with our eyes.
Quote:

We have every reason to believe that he is not human.
The only reason humans "can't" kill Yoma is because they can't detect them. That problem is solved.
Old 2008-06-26, 13:01   Link #1251
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

Quote:
Clare killed a yoma instantly in ch. 1 without a surprise attack. (and killed another with a surprise attack included) yet again we are talking about a rank 47 warrior, which isn't much of a compliment to a human.
Well, I wouldn't call it "instantly", Raki was much quicker in finishing the job. IMO every claymore (who is not a failure ) should be able to overpower any human, but it may not be the case.

Quote:
those villagers are tradesmen and woman that didn't receive a single day of combat training. just walk into any martial arts training facility and you are sure to find a person that can kick or punch faster than your eye can keep track of. and this is a fantasy world, so I doubt we'll be able to find a human that can run faster than we can follow with our eyes.
Yes, nobody, who stands 30-40 feet in front of you, can run by you while you're still looking forward. (Not to mention the heavy sword and armor) I'm sure even Usain Bolt can't do that; and if the only rational explanation is that this is a fantasy world, why does only Raki have these skills?

Quote:
The only reason humans "can't" kill Yuoma is because they can't detect them. That problem is solved.
But in chapter 1, the yoma and Clare talked as if humans are far inferior to yoma. Yoki reading is one issue but there's also a big strength and speed difference like between humans and turtles.

Last edited by PureYoki; 2008-06-26 at 13:12.
Old 2008-06-26, 13:22   Link #1252
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Something's been rolling around in my head for awhile now. What if Raki's an awakened being. I know it's been mentioned before and I said that I did not want him to be. But what if, as an awakened being, he managed to to completely keep his human heart and mind? Meaning he is able to keep his urge to kill and eat guts at bay, at least for long periods of time. With the compassion he's shown to claymores in the manga, I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled it off. Consequently, this would make him a prime target for the Org, as they would want to get him under their control.

Of course this is all just speculation and is probably wrong, just throwing this out there. I hope he's still human though.

As a side note, if he is an awakened being, what do you think his awakened form would be? I think it be something akin to a dog, because of how loyal he seems to be to the people he cares about.

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Old 2008-06-26, 13:44   Link #1253
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyMan View Post
if he is an awakened being, what do you think his awakened form would be?
He would be a werewolf.

Actually if Raki is a claymore or an AB (with unusual nutrition habits), it would be cool for his future with Clare. Otherwise Clare may dump him for a young handsome guy 20-30 years later.
Old 2008-06-26, 14:56   Link #1254
Ryuken
Claymore #01

About Cid, I think he did get quite close to Agatha and was also about to take her head off. Even Agatha applauded him for getting so close to her, but not close enough I guess.
But just think, it was not bad for a human who had experience fighting yoma.
Old 2008-06-26, 17:06   Link #1255
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
Well, I wouldn't call it "instantly", Raki was much quicker in finishing the job. IMO every claymore (who is not a failure ) should be able to overpower any human, but it may not be the case.
chapter 1 page 1(or 2)
and you might want to reread chapter 5
Quote:
Yes, nobody, who stands 30-40 feet in front of you, can run by you while you're still looking forward. (Not to mention the heavy sword and armor) I'm sure even Usain Bolt can't do that; and if the only rational explanation is that this is a fantasy world, why does only Raki have these skills?
the Only trained human we see charging after someone is Raki
but again, how did Galk cut in front of Clare to block her path on the roof? How did Cid and Galk get on the roof to begin with? I'd think a ladder would be too slow if you are trying to catch a claymore.

Quote:
But in chapter 1, the yoma and Clare talked as if humans are far inferior to yoma. Yoki reading is one issue but there's also a big strength and speed difference like between humans and turtles.
humans have numerical advantages.
"Everything in the human culture takes place below the waist!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
About Cid, I think he did get quite close to Agatha and was also about to take her head off. Even Agatha applauded him for getting so close to her, but not close enough I guess.
But just think, it was not bad for a human who had experience fighting yoma.
Cid actually did cut off her head but it wasn't the real one.
Old 2008-06-26, 17:35   Link #1256
Lich_king
Frostmourne hungers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
I'm guessing he left after 5 years considering it took a year to go from Rabona to Raki's home town, then it makes sense it took a year to leave the south and head to Rabona too
Well it took them a year from Raki's hometown to Rabona cause Clare had some jobs to do for organization, probably had to deviate on that path, and she wasn't probably going from Raki's hometown to Rabona, order was issued to her by Rubel later. And she had to find her friend at the beggining of manga with black card to kill her, right?
Old 2008-06-26, 17:38   Link #1257
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

LOL
You guys are starting another "Raki is human!/ NO HE CAN'T BE HUMAN" war. Never having nuff of that?
Well in the end, most hope that he is human, but wouldn't have much problem if he weren't as long as he is neither Yoma, nor Claymore. Some hope that he is either, tho those that do are a rather minuscule bunch.
A lot of fans believe that he isn't human anymore, and around 1/4 to 1/3 do believe so. And 1, maybe two persons believe that he's the new batman.
Nearly everyone says that the scar is proven to be irrelevant in the choice between him being human or not. A few think it's prove that he IS human.
All say that he MIGHT have been trained by Isley, but no one believes that he trained himself.
No one thinks that little girl is human, most people think she's Priscilla, 4 to 5 believe her to be a Claymore.
So far 3 wish him to use some kind of gadget to gain his strength, and at least 4 people compare him to Guts from the anime Berserk openly, while at least 3 others are annoyed by it or don't agree with that.
Some say that Raki might be a special form of Claymore, a few say that he might be affected by some aura (from the little girl, or living with 2 AOs for a while) and 2 say that it might be some kind of spiritual power that enhances his strength and speed.
Most people wonder how come that it took him a year to reach his hometown from Rabona, and no one really believes that he simply followed their route back. A lot believe that he took some detour to kill Yomas or doing something else.

So, now it's getting too much and boring as well. Someone else continue.
We still need to sum up the Raki harem discussen, but I wasn't here back then. Someone else continue.
Also how much hate and how much love Raki needs to be determined. No idea. Someone else continue.
I'm getting tired. Someone else continue.

EDIT: Ah yes, I forgot something very important.
hell88(the writer of the "Great Harem Theorie") wants to put Raki into a bed full of girls, whereas hell88(the one who wants to hack off his head) hates him more than anything else, in fact so much that he wouln't mind to start a world war with hell88.

When push comes to shove, that's when friction produces heat.

Sry for me bad English, ain't be me main tongue^^

Last edited by Savannah; 2008-06-26 at 18:11. Reason: hell88
Old 2008-06-26, 18:03   Link #1258
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Nice rundown you got there, Savannah, I don't think I could continue it though.

I'm one of the people who hopes he's still human, but doesn't mind if he's not. Heck, I'm probably a bunch of the things you mentioned.

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Old 2008-06-26, 18:21   Link #1259
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Savannah, if this repetition bothers you then you are in for a world of hurt and frustration with the forum . I know from experience that summarizing what others say is never the end of any discussion. Not only that people will often begin the nitpick attack on it. For instance "most think it is Priscilla" should probably be "Chibamonster thinks it is Priscilla and people think he is so wrong that they want an avatar wager so when it is not Priscilla chiba will have to carry his shame by having a ridiculous avatar." . I do not mind being wrong though on this. I just think Priscilla is a possibility so while everyone else sticks to different theories, I am going to stick with this one for a bit.

The most popular theory that seems to stick out to me is that the girl is Priscilla's kid. For me the thing about the forum that is most interesting is seeing how others view the exact same thing differently, and then trying to unravel the author/artists mind and reason for doing what they are doing. It also keeps me involved in a story world that I want to visit more than just once a month. And then I get to share that experience with others who are interested in the same thing. By going over the story it becomes more real to me, I become even more involved with the characters than I would just casually going over it myself, and I even learn a lot about story telling which is a topic that deeply interests me.
Old 2008-06-26, 18:35   Link #1260
Reppa

Send a message via MSN to Reppa
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
ZOMG The manga bishounen-fied Raki to a 20 out of 10 in the hotdamn-take-me-now meter.

HAHAHHAHAHA @ Raki-haters. You've now got legions of fangirls to answer to now.

But damn, the brat grew up, and nicely too. Think this paves way for some proper Raki x Clare?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXVirgilXx View Post
The fact that Raki dont have the ability to sense Yoma's is proof that he is still human. This is a manga afterall and Raki is protected by the "god of plot" so i wouldnt be suprise if Raki did train enough to be as powerful as a normal Claymore not to mention that he is the 1st human to be trained by former #1, Isley. I have no proof of that statement but i think its safe to assume.
Quote:

Quote:
humans have numerical advantages.
"Everything in the human culture takes place below the waist!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
LOL
And 1, maybe two persons believe that he's the new batman.

All say that he MIGHT have been trained by the super sexy boy Isley, but no one believes that he trained himself.

No one thinks that little girl is human, most people think she's Priscilla, 4 to 5 believe her to be a Claymore.

Some say that Raki might be a special form of Claymore, a few say that he might be affected by some aura (from the little girl, or living with 2 AOs for a while) and 2 say that it might be some kind of spiritual power that enhances his strength and speed.

So, now it's getting too much and boring as well. Someone else continue.
We still need to sum up the Raki harem discussen, but I wasn't here back then. Someone else continue.

After reading all this and adding them together. Weather Raki is human or is unknown. Looking at his speed, power and new found pretty boy looks to obtain a leagion of fangirls. One thing that is known, beyond a show of a doubt, Raki has been transformed into a love machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaD2yI5Lul0

And when he gets his hands on Clare. She's not going to abe able to walk for at least a week.
Closed Thread