AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-18, 03:41   Link #301
Argent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Is that so? Dang, i am feeling left out ... mind lending me that time machine so i can warp 2 days in to future and watch the raw as well, please ?
Ok, I laugh at myself for being gullible and/or misreading posts.

Either way, I laugh and you probably don't.

But then again, I've given up on this show being Awesome and will see if it falls into the realm of Good or even Tolerable by the time it finishes.
Argent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 06:33   Link #302
Gin456

I was a little bit disappointed when i found it was very different from manga.Production is good but not great.However,this show s concept seems familiar to Final Fantasy.
Gin456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 06:53   Link #303
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Episode three will be key to figuring out if this is a true manga prequel or not. So far it's hard to tell either way. The events aren't quite the same, but close enough that it all depends on if Kagura lives or not.

In a way, I kind of hope it's not a prequel. Knowing what already happened kind of kills the suspense.
Old 2008-10-18, 07:49   Link #304
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

As a first time viewer of the series and having never read the manga, my interest is peaked. Having seemingly main characters bite it in a realistic fashion to an unforgiving enemy only makes me appreciate the enemy more and the quality of the story. I'm very much looking forward to where this is going and who the Ministry has left to take this "enemy" out not to mention the other Category A types running around. Will be adding this to my watch list this season.

I was amused BTW that there was a censored and uncensored version of Episode 1. The only changes were just a little more detail to the gore. Maybe more will be shown of Ep 2 as well.
kilroy0097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 08:27   Link #305
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
I was amused BTW that there was a censored and uncensored version of Episode 1. The only changes were just a little more detail to the gore. Maybe more will be shown of Ep 2 as well.
MOE was bashing heads, removing limbs and doing all sorts of wonderful things with katanas and submachine guns. It's prob in the uncensored version in its full glory.
Old 2008-10-18, 09:10   Link #306
Westlo
Lets be reality

Check out the website, I gotta give them props for the bait and switch.

http://www.ga-rei.jp/top.html
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 09:15   Link #307
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

That's funny. I guess we now have confirmation of Kagura and Nori being among the living and this being a prologue to the manga as the true main cast is now on the website possibly. (I couldn't resist adding that.)

We gotta give them props for keeping this tightly under the hood.
Old 2008-10-18, 09:39   Link #308
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:

Aah~, that. Saw that a few hours ago, but my computer froze when I tried to look at Kagura's profile... So I gave up looking at the site...

Now it would be funny if Kagura and co. are dead, and the site updates again with new characters afterwards... Giving people false hope...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 10:51   Link #309
Mappy
Eat This!

Quote:

I am feeling the first twinges of amusement starting to set in.
Old 2008-10-18, 10:59   Link #310
kanon78
Confederate

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
As a manga reader I must say you're not meant to like her

pity, maybe

scratch your head in amusement, definitely
Well at least Yomi looks (a lot) better in the anime compared to her character design in the manga
kanon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 11:27   Link #311
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Aah~, that. Saw that a few hours ago, but my computer froze when I tried to look at Kagura's profile... So I gave up looking at the site...

Now it would be funny if Kagura and co. are dead, and the site updates again with new characters afterwards... Giving people false hope...
That would be too much work for their IT. At some point, these type of updates will stop. I'm betting that this is the real deal.
Old 2008-10-18, 15:37   Link #312
Reppa

Send a message via MSN to Reppa
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post

Spoiler:
Reppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 15:59   Link #313
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppa View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I still think both Kagura and Nori are alive. Only 1 day to go to see if they survived.
Old 2008-10-18, 17:11   Link #314
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Ah they should have kept the old site. Now new comers won't get to enjoy the WTF as much as we did. But I suppose a few months from now it will cause people to think they are watching the wrong show so it had to be done.

Any way, where's me yuri doujins?
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 18:17   Link #315
nubby

Well, unlike you guys, I'm pretty sure Nori is dead.

Yomi had blood on her face when she shows herself to Kagura.

Kagura kept calling for Nori but Yomi said he's not coming, because he's weak and licks the blood on her cheek.

After hearing what Yomi said, Kagura gets angry and asks why? Probably Why did you kill Nori?
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 18:30   Link #316
orion

You can get blood on your face from a nonlethal katana wound splatter or from coughing up blood. (One Piece fans can attest to Zoro's bloodletting.) Plus, it wasn't enough to write home about. She prob nicked the guy before he escaped. She's trying to make Kagura suffer before she kills her so telling her that Nori is dead would do it. Normally you wipe the blood off your face before engaging a second person which shows you that Yomi was either in a rush or being very careless or both. Prob in a rush as Nori was prob going to get reinforcements.

Licking blood off your face is purely for intimidation purposes.

Actually she had to locally kill Nori's ferret on Kagura's shoulder which also proves that Nori and the main ferret are still alive.
Old 2008-10-18, 18:41   Link #317
nubby

It's possible that he survives but she definitely went after Nori before Kagura. She didn't have blood on her face before she jumped down.
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 18:54   Link #318
orion

Yeah, she went after bf first because she knew that he prob wouldn't kill her. Also she could taunt Kagura about his death before killing her.

She was in a rush if she didn't have time to wipe the blood off her cheek. The MOE force was still alive on the surface and prob wiped out the zombies. They would have been going down the tunnel pretty soon. Also if Nori was still able to function, he would have found them in no time. Hence, possibly why the ferret was killed first. If Nori was dead, then the ferret wouldn't exist. If Nori can't function, then no need to knock off the ferret first.

Plus, she could have also taken Kagura's head from behind and be done with it. Now that was just plain stupid. She wasn't thinking clearly and wanted a duel to prove superiority. Kagura gave her a lesson and prob would have wiped the floor with her if she had a ga-rei of her own.
Old 2008-10-18, 19:12   Link #319
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Having seemingly main characters bite it in a realistic fashion to an unforgiving enemy only makes me appreciate the enemy more and the quality of the story.
So the quality of the story is relative only to the fact that supposedly main characters die?

Well, I, on the other hand, expect to see some sort of plot development. Anime in general is quite keen to letting main characters already. Having a series where the only thing you see is (supposedly) main characters dying does not sound like a good plot to me.

OTOH, I have a hunch about a way to make it like that and have a good story (a string of constant revengeful murders, slowly revealing the murderer's grudge along the way--I'm sure I've seen it done already), but the problem is that you can't keep it up for 12/24 episodes. At some point or the other the series will have to change, and the difficult thing will be to make that sudden chance have some sort of sense. And, of course, keeping everyone hooked up for it.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 19:20   Link #320
orion

Well Yomi is shown early in her killing spree apparently (4 direct kills so far if you assume Tooru is dead). We definitely need more of her back story and butterfly boy's back story.

Apparently the ones dying so far weren't the real main characters but supporting characters. The real main characters are Yomi, Kagura and Nori if this line of thought is supported by ep. 3. Butterfly boy (Kazuhiro) is a very important supporting character.

Either way, this is fun. The only other title I have to think this much about is Chaos;HEAd. This isn't that bad compared to that title.

Last edited by orion; 2008-10-18 at 19:31.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen