AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-26, 04:09   Link #1441
Sch@dows

Quote:
Originally Posted by martialangel View Post
this is a modified image from a previous episode, does anyone know which story/episode is this one from?
Like Miyuki-ism said, it's from episode 1, during the "flashback" opening.
To bad we probably won't see some of it in the first season ^_~ (the arararararararagi part).
Sch@dows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 09:02   Link #1442
martialangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
Basically from episode 1. But what's with that green stuff?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHVgj...eature=related

Humm... must be photoshoped out by someone! I didn't even notice that!

thank you!!
martialangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 10:31   Link #1443
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Yeah. The beginning are flashes from the prequel of the series about Araragi becoming a vampire and all of that. We can only hope it gets animated at a later time.
Old 2009-08-26, 13:16   Link #1444
velvet nightmare

though i wonder why they're putting the prequel at the very end of the series (though the novel is released in the middle)

i guess it kind of works both ways? or are the 3 web episodes koyomi vampire for those interested in the background of the character kind of thing?
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 13:53   Link #1445
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

They aren't doing Koyomi Vampire in this series. http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...00&postcount=7
Old 2009-08-26, 18:58   Link #1446
velvet nightmare

oops my bad

any clues what the 3 webisodes going to be?

looks like they can finish all those arcs within the 12
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 20:27   Link #1447
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
oops my bad

Actually Tsubasa Arc will take more than 2 episodes to do so those 3 online eps will probably be a continuation of the arc.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 21:22   Link #1448
Dextro
He Without a Title

I just started watching this and I'm completely hooked, Senjougahara-sama is my new top lady of all animes.

And so many references... Don't you think it would be kind of fun to make a bingo card with a lot of names of other animes that might be referenced just to see who fills it up first (by spotting them of course)? :P
Old 2009-08-27, 02:34   Link #1449
Sch@dows

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
oops my bad

Each arc with their nimber of episodes ...
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...3&postcount=17
Sch@dows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 18:02   Link #1450
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I just started watching this and I'm completely hooked, Senjougahara-sama is my new top lady of all animes.

And so many references... Don't you think it would be kind of fun to make a bingo card with a lot of names of other animes that might be referenced just to see who fills it up first (by spotting them of course)? :P

Maybe, but I like how this show doesn't pile on the references (I have Gintama and Sensei for that) after a while that gets played out.

I do agree that Senjougahara is now favorite personal anime heroine (for a long time it was Dorothy from Big O);

Spoiler for Current Top 5:
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 09:50   Link #1451
tsunade666

only 2 episode for nadeko snake? isn't that a little rushed? I think 2 episode wouldn't be enough for it. Well just got to see and wait but if the last 2 to be aired is the cat arc and the last 3 episode will be distributed. That part I can't understand can someone clear it up? please and if they plan on to distributing it why just aired it? so everyone can watch it? I mean where can we get the last 3 even if its for free?
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 10:00   Link #1452
asrielchase

I remember reading that they will broadcast the last 3 episodes on the official site.
Old 2009-08-30, 08:59   Link #1453
Qilin
Romanticist

For some reason, I'm still holding on to this anime title... though it's probably only a matter of time 'til I drop it.

I'm guess I'm just having a hard time liking the avant-garde style of presentation. Since the show is so dialogue heavy, I find it hard to focus on anything else. The whole thing just feels so empty to me. The characters are actually pretty interesting, but it's hard for me to get excited about them since their environment is so lifeless and still.

Or maybe this was intentional, as there might be people who prefer this style.
Qilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 10:16   Link #1454
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
only 2 episode for nadeko snake? isn't that a little rushed? I think 2 episode wouldn't be enough for it. Well just got to see and wait but if the last 2 to be aired is the cat arc and the last 3 episode will be distributed. That part I can't understand can someone clear it up? please and if they plan on to distributing it why just aired it? so everyone can watch it? I mean where can we get the last 3 even if its for free?
From what I read on this form, it seem like Shaft only bought airtime for 12 episodes. But afterwards they saw that it would do the source material more justice if the used more episodes to tell the story so they expended on the original number of episodes. that's why the last three will now be distributed online.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 10:27   Link #1455
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Not finding much on number of episodes online.... sooooooo, we're confirmed for at least 12 and probably 3 OVAs or DDLs after that?

Sad though..... I could watch quite a lot of this I think.
Old 2009-08-30, 10:55   Link #1456
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Or maybe this was intentional, as there might be people who prefer this style.
Indeed, there are some of us for whom:

Avant-garde cinematography + deep characterization + occasional hyper action = PURE WIN
Old 2009-08-30, 10:58   Link #1457
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket View Post
Indeed, there are many of us for whom:

Avant-garde cinematography + deep characterization + occasional hyper action = PURE WIN
Fixed!
Old 2009-08-30, 11:01   Link #1458
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket View Post
Indeed, there are some of us for whom:

My nickname is Dextro and I support this message *thumbs up*
Old 2009-08-30, 11:11   Link #1459
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

I love the animation style and I think some of it works very well with the material (the text flashes annoy me though — they're unnecessarily pretentious). I think either sirn or ickem had also linked an interview that explained why the artists decided to incorporate pictures of real people with the animation: They wanted to heighten the surreality of the scenes.

And since I'm a fan of Dave McKean's covers for the seminal graphic-novel series The Sandman, it's easy to understand why I like the style.

That said, I'm not really sure I'd call it "avant garde". That's what I initially thought, too, since this is actually the first time I've watched a Shinbo production. Having now watched a few episodes of Zetsubo Sensei, I can't say his style is exactly "original", or well-liked even.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 11:15   Link #1460
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Not finding much on number of episodes online.... sooooooo, we're confirmed for at least 12 and probably 3 OVAs or DDLs after that?
15 is the confirmed ep.count. 12 episodes will have tv broadcasting, the remaining 3 episodes will be webcasted and made available online for free (through official site). The 3 episodes won't be OVAs or anything of that sort, but a direct continuation of where the anime will leave at episode 12. In facts, if episodes 9-10 are for the "Nadeko Snake" arc, episodes from 11 to 15 form one unique arc, "Tsubasa Cat".

As for the future, seeing Shinbo's latest trend of making several different seasons with his anime (SZS, Natsume, Hidamari Sketch, Natsu no Arashi, probably Maria Holic), I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a "Zoku Bakemonogatari" or whatever anytime soon.

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, romance, shaft, supernatural