AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-05-11, 21:22   Link #201
Elestia

First chapter got translated.

Surprised how much of a evil corporate CEO the MC looked back when he was still in Japan. They had to dumb a lot of things down and strip away at a lot of the opening introductions in order to make thing manageable.

Tanya is more openly crazy compared to her more taciturn nature in the light novel.
Old 2016-05-12, 01:17   Link #202
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
I think the split happened a bit sooner, since one of the bigger players that I am missing is the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Even if there was no WW1, Austria and Hungary created their dual-monarchy ~50 years before the 1st world war started. However, there isn't anything remotely similar on the map.
My guess would be that Austria allied/joined with this world's germany or something...
Probably something happened in the past to make https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dacia exist till the story timeline?
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-12, 07:31   Link #203
Namorax

I think that's rather unlikely... for one, the "country" Dacia never existed that far to the west. IIRC, it is covering what should be part of hungary (need to look at map again).
Some of the Dacians apparently lived there ~2000 years ago after being resettled there, but if they were strong enough to hold on to that territory for so long, they would've been strong enough to make their own empire (and humans always start wanting to do that).
IMO it is more likely that the region fell apart or something, and that the greatest common denominator was that their ancenstors were Dacians or something.
I do not believe that this Dacia is the same Dacia that was around when the romans were ruling the world... The historic Dacia should've turned into romania after the huns went away.
There isn't a country that survived unchanged for 2000 years anywhere on this world. Especially one situated in a region where borders and countries were more or less temporary.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-13, 09:29   Link #204
bakato

I read the first chapter. Does God bitch about the sorry state of humanity to everyone that dies or did our salaryman just draw the short straw?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-13, 10:28   Link #205
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I read the first chapter. Does God bitch about the sorry state of humanity to everyone that dies or did our salaryman just draw the short straw?
I dunno if there's ever an answer to this.

I get the feeling it's a combination of factors - God was getting particularly annoyed about various things and decided to take action... and the MC was the first to match the selection criteria or something.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-13, 10:38   Link #206
Namorax

It's just a vocal minority: The god(s) who think everything is okay just let the MC's soul pass on. And that's the end of the story.
Also, it helps underlining what a special snowflake the MC is, because out of all the billion people on earth (or earths), he/she is the one god decides to talk to.
Old 2016-05-17, 14:26   Link #207
c933103
FTNR

Taiwan Kadokawa released the Chinese Translation of Vol.3 and now I am reading it...

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2016-05-20, 13:55   Link #208
DSLow

Hi there,
Can anybody help me with: How to correctly translate "Youjo Senki" from JP?

Thanks.
DSLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 14:37   Link #209
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLow View Post
Hi there,
Can anybody help me with: How to correctly translate "Youjo Senki" from JP?

Thanks.
"little girl war chronicles" would be the simple translation.

I don't know if you're familiar with the terms "shoujo" (girl) and "josei" (young woman) but "youjo" would be younger than "shoujo" - "little girl". I don't know if there's any other meaning to "youjo". I don't remember seeing the word used too often so I think the author was going for a serious vibe ("shoujo senki" would have sounded cuter and less serious).
Old 2016-05-20, 16:05   Link #210
DSLow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
"little girl war chronicles" would be the simple translation.

I don't know if you're familiar with the terms "shoujo" (girl) and "josei" (young woman) but "youjo" would be younger than "shoujo" - "little girl". I don't know if there's any other meaning to "youjo". I don't remember seeing the word used too often so I think the author was going for a serious vibe ("shoujo senki" would have sounded cuter and less serious).
Thank you for reply.

I think (just my opinion) that "Little girl" sounds a bit clumsily or rude mb? I don't know how to more accurately explain my attitude. But nvm.
DSLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-20, 16:29   Link #211
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLow View Post
Thank you for reply.

I think (just my opinion) that "Little girl" sounds a bit clumsily or rude mb? I don't know how to more accurately explain my attitude. But nvm.
I think it sounds cooler in Japanese

One of those occasions where a direct translation doesn't really work. I'm pretty sure there's no negative connotations in the Japanese.
Old 2016-05-20, 18:50   Link #212
SifaV6

There just isn't any English equivalent word for it. The "you" part means really young, usually describing the period right after infant-hood to early childhood (roughly between 3 to 8 I think). From 9 to 12 there's another word for it (童女doujo). The male equivalent is (童子douji). After that comes shoujo 少女 and shounen 少年. However, doujo and douji is rarely used nowadays and the age period for each of the words are getting more and more fuzzy.

Technically speaking, Tanya should no longer be considered as a youjo after she becomes older than 10.
SifaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-21, 11:16   Link #213
c933103
FTNR

In otaku world, youjo are girls younger than loli
Old 2016-05-27, 17:58   Link #214
kari-no-sugata II

Manga chapter 2 is out, covering chapter 2 of the novel.

Some of that artwork, those expressions, lol...

Mad doc looks like "kind uncle", somewhat surprisingly...
Old 2016-05-28, 15:05   Link #215
kari-no-sugata II

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Welcome to heaven! Or is it hell?

I wonder if the anime will got for a similar style to the manga, or closer to the original. It's rather amusing to Tanya's cute side but it does also have a sense of breaking the immersion when you're used to the original Tanya.
Old 2016-05-28, 19:04   Link #216
Namorax

Everytime I see some illustrations for this, I wonder why they packge such a bloodthirsty/ruthless person... like this.

Normally you would sue them for deceptive packaging... "Death by Truck!"
Old 2016-05-29, 07:02   Link #217
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
Everytime I see some illustrations for this, I wonder why they packge such a bloodthirsty/ruthless person... like this.

Normally you would sue them for deceptive packaging... "Death by Truck!"
Heh...

In the novels, the contrast between Tanya's looks (cute little girl) and actions (war maniac) seems to be setup to cause a sense of unease/disbelief in other characters. That's still there in the manga but her cute side seems to be played up for laughs, and if anything gives a odd feeling to the readers. I guess it's somewhat inevitable when switching from first person perspective in the novels to third person perspective.

Incidentally, I was curious about the young woman who appears at the end of the chapter, since she hasn't yet appeared in the translations so I decided to do some digging.

Spoiler for minor Visha spoilers:
Old 2016-05-29, 22:29   Link #218
bakato

Quote:
Heh...

In the novels, the contrast between Tanya's looks (cute little girl) and actions (war maniac) seems to be setup to cause a sense of unease/disbelief in other characters. That's still there in the manga but her cute side seems to be played up for laughs, and if anything gives a odd feeling to the readers. I guess it's somewhat inevitable when switching from first person perspective in the novels to third person perspective.

Incidentally, I was curious about the young woman who appears at the end of the chapter, since she hasn't yet appeared in the translations so I decided to do some digging.

Spoiler for minor Visha spoilers:
A russian? Is she hot? So we got a hot, normal Russian woman subordinate to a maniacal, rational man in a loli body. This should make for some interesting dynamics.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-30, 06:06   Link #219
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
A russian? Is she hot? So we got a hot, normal Russian woman subordinate to a maniacal, rational man in a loli body. This should make for some interesting dynamics.
This is what she looks like in the manga:
Images

I suspect this is her in the novels:
Images

From what I read, she starts out relatively normal but slowly gets warped by Tanya and her war-mongers...
Old 2016-05-30, 11:38   Link #220
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
I suspect this is her in the novels:
Images
Correct, this is her indeed.

Tags
genocide, loli, reincarnated mc, salaryman