AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-03, 17:20   Link #21
twh
Something or other...

My needs are rather simple in this regard:

1. A plot. A REAL plot. Something that will grip me and not let me go. And a consistent one too.

2. No loli in anyway, shape, or form.

3. No Shizuru. She was an unfinished afterthought in HiME and a hood ornament in Otome. No more, I say!

4. More Mai. We want characters to grow, change, and learn. We DON'T want Mary Sues with an antsy haircut.

5. More Tate. It's one thing to have a shounen retard. It's another to have a shounen retard that actually gets it for once.

6. No Miyu. Overpowered, butt-ugly 'driods always toss out the excitement of a fight. Time to Recycle.

7. More Tomoe and her many painful facial contortions.

8. More Midori and Aswald. Chipper or dead serious, it's all good.

9. Character development. Watching a character grow is a must with writing a good series. It's a must. HiME had a good porition of it, and Otome had none. Get your head in the game, Sunrise!

10. Less fanservice; more blood, anger, hate, violence, and destruction.

There. Now that can't be too hard to do, can it?

Edit:
11. More Haruka. Not just any Haruka. A Haruka that's both funny and competent.
Old 2006-04-03, 17:26   Link #22
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
More Irina
MORE MORE MORE MAI
More Natsuki(young Natsuki not adult)
More of Haruka's sidekicks(dunno their names, the two chicks sitting next to her in the mothership)
Less Nina
Bring back the original Midori personality!!!
More Akane
Less Akira/Takumi
More of the new Mashiro
More MiyuxAlyssa
Old 2006-04-03, 17:29   Link #23
Shadowlord
~DESU

It would be difficult for them to make a new show set far back in the past because of technology limitations. How could people from ancient times create gems?

What I would like to see in the next show is more character development of the current Otome characters. I am not a big fan of a whole new cast of characters for each installment for the simple reason you forget about all the great characters from previous series. I am sure it wouldn't be that hard to think of a new story arc for the current series so I guess that is what I would hope for in the next installment.
Old 2006-04-03, 17:29   Link #24
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Hmm, for something truly out there, the third series could very well be set in a Pseudo-Ancient China setting, much like Fushigi Yugi and Twelve Kingdoms.

This time we get the best of both worlds of Child/Robe: Glowing Auras of the Child in question surrounding the Hime/Otome/Warrior when she summons her full powers, hence not obscuring the beautiful flowing Chinese costumes. AND the Aura gets to fight as well.

Stylistically it would be closer to Grand Wuxia movies like Hero and Swordsman II with the over-the-top epic powers of Final Fantasy. Heck, even the names could have Chinese pronounciations too!! (EG. Mai=Wuyi. Mikoto=Ming. Natsuki=Shayue. Haruka=Yao. Midori=Lyu. ETC)

And of course:

1) Turn up the action quota. Make it 45% action and 55% Drama, not 20% action 80% fillers. And actually LET us see some battles last more than 90 seconds this time.

2) Kajiura Yuki returning to do the music, that is a must.

3) More Haruka-Chan and Yukino-Chan!!

and of course....

4) MORE MAI AND MIKOTO!!
Old 2006-04-03, 17:30   Link #25
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord
It would be difficult for them to make a new show set far back in the past because of technology limitations. How could people from ancient times create gems?
if you are talking about HIME, they didn't have gems

if you are talking about Otome, the three hundred years before was more technological advance then Otome world today.
Old 2006-04-03, 17:52   Link #26
Shadowlord
~DESU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
if you are talking about HIME, they didn't have gems

if you are talking about Otome, the three hundred years before was more technological advance then Otome world today.

I realize that, but I was commenting on Otome and applying it to some of the people who said "why not make an series set in medieval times, etc"
Old 2006-04-03, 18:29   Link #27
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I was talking about making an entire NEW series when I made the 'medival' reference...

And make Mai/Mikoto/Natsuki as the baddies this time. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila
Hmm, for something truly out there, the third series could very well be set in a Pseudo-Ancient China setting, much like Fushigi Yugi and Twelve Kingdoms.

This time we get the best of both worlds of Child/Robe: Glowing Auras of the Child in question surrounding the Hime/Otome/Warrior when she summons her full powers, hence not obscuring the beautiful flowing Chinese costumes. AND the Aura gets to fight as well.

Stylistically it would be closer to Grand Wuxia movies like Hero and Swordsman II with the over-the-top epic powers of Final Fantasy. Heck, even the names could have Chinese pronounciations too!! (EG. Mai=Wuyi. Mikoto=Ming. Natsuki=Shayue. Haruka=Yao. Midori=Lyu. ETC)
Yes YES~!! That's what I was thinking about too. Medival Euro was kinda done/ hinted at already in Otome...Seeing Mai in those sexy Chinese dresses...
Legendary weapons of the Gods (Elementals)
The spirits of the weapons being the CHILDS themselves
The more powerful the Spirit God, the more weapons there are to collect in order for the Spirit God's power to be fully manifested. XD Kagu's Sword and Mai's Fire Bracelets can be two individual sets of weapons set to Kagutsuchi.
Old 2006-04-03, 19:12   Link #28
monster

More action from Akira, there's just not enough in the last two series combined.
Old 2006-04-03, 19:26   Link #29
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35
Legendary weapons of the Gods (Elementals)
Ah, you are a fellow reader of Hong Kong Manhua as well, right?

Actually, I was more thinking in terms of style, the battles in this MH season would be closer to that of the Mythical and Epic Heroism in the original A Man Called Hero Manhua with more Auras than the (admittedly still awesome) over-the-top Ultra-Heroics of The Storm Riders.
Old 2006-04-03, 19:42   Link #30
Solitaire

I want a series that would have the same ideas as hime, but proceed with Sunrise's dramatic story-telling,plot twists and a sad series from the very beginning...or atleast very early on. I'd like to see comedy here and there, while managing to be very serious and dramatic sort of like fullmetal alchemist. I'd want a new cast of characters, definately no reset and make the main characters from the first series evil. The series should be 52 episodes long, yet with no pointless fillers...yes basically impossible with a series that length, but I'd want to see proper character development and back-story for every single character, so that I could actually feel bad for them when something happens (what Erstin should of got). I'd want the animation to be consistant and not only provide in a few action scenes...the action scenes itself should be more plentiful than Mai Otome and again have interesting designs for the childs. And one of the most key elements to success is Yuki Kajiura again...and not just providing a few good tracks here and there. I thought the Mai Otome music was good, but the action scenes lacked something as it only had Materialize, while Mai HiME had Mezame,Dhuran's theme and overall the music just fit everywhere perfectly.

Well that's my dream series....> >

And I would love prequels as with Rena or Mashiro and Kasugutchi...my only concern is how often can they re-use the Mai pun in the series name >_<.
Old 2006-04-03, 19:42   Link #31
BigPrime

I'd like to say that (and just venturing my opinion), to all who want more Mai, if there had been more Mai in Otome, you'd all be complaining that she took over the series a la Kira Yamato in GSD. Bringing back a former main character is a very fine line. One step too far and you've overshadowed your new lead forever. Likewise, under using one makes you wonder why they brought him/her back. However, I feel that Mai was used well here as a mentor to both Arika and Mashiro. Had they brought her back in the mid-teens, I think she'd have been around for too long by the end, and there already were many, many characters to handle by that point.

Otome's director erred on the side of caution, using Mai as sparingly as he did. It'd be nice to see more of her, yes, but this wasn't her series (the last one was) and there were a lot of other Otome to show off as well (like the long-suffering Natsuki and the other three Columns. With only 24 minutes per episode at best, one can only do so much. Introducing her earlier wouldn't have worked because, as has been said, there were already too many characters earlier on as well.

I do agree that there were too many characters for 26 episodes here. Handling the entire HiME cast (minus Fumi as such) and all the new characters was an ambitious experiment that did not entirely fail, but was not entirely successful either. Still, it resulted in a lot of interesting side-characters, which means good fanfic potential (in that respect, sometime's it's good to leave characters a bit open). HiME, too, had a lot of underused side-characters, though (Yayoi and Lilie, for example - I'd forgotten how large their roles actually were until I was rewatching it a while ago, they're only slightly less important as Mai's friends than Chie & Aoi), so it's not entirely endmic to Otome. Ultimately, should there be more Mai series, I hope they pick and choose a little more carefully to make the storytelling easier.

Ultimately, all I want to see in another Mai series is a continuation of the good animation and good music and storytelling (be it as fast paced as HiME's or as slow at the start as Otome's). It'd be great to see the previous HiME Carnival, even if it would be a total downer. Still, Mashiro with Kagutsuchi...or the War of Twelve Kings, that would be another interesting bit of Mai-series lore to see animated. Heck, so would the War of the Dragon Lord (meaning more young Miss Maria). Another good series would be Rena Sayer's time at Garderobe, though considering that was a time of relative peace, it would be like the first 16 episodes of Otome for the whole series).
Old 2006-04-03, 19:53   Link #32
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

^Actually, the fear that Otome was going to be like GSD was the main concern why Mai has been used Sparringly. And this suggests that these same people who whine on Kira Stealing the show and Mai having less screentime AT THE SAME TIME are HYPOCRITES
Old 2006-04-03, 19:57   Link #33
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters
^Actually, the fear that Otome was going to be like GSD was the main concern why Mai has been used Sparringly. And this suggests that these same people who whine on Kira Stealing the show and Mai having less screentime AT THE SAME TIME are HYPOCRITES
Welcome to the internet.
Old 2006-04-03, 19:58   Link #34
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPrime
I'd like to say that (and just venturing my opinion), to all who want more Mai, if there had been more Mai in Otome, you'd all be complaining that she took over the series a la Kira Yamato in GSD. Bringing back a former main character is a very fine line. One step too far and you've overshadowed your new lead forever. Likewise, under using one makes you wonder why they brought him/her back. However, I feel that Mai was used well here as a mentor to both Arika and Mashiro. Had they brought her back in the mid-teens, I think she'd have been around for too long by the end, and there already were many, many characters to handle by that point.

Otome's director erred on the side of caution, using Mai as sparingly as he did. It'd be nice to see more of her, yes, but this wasn't her series (the last one was) and there were a lot of other Otome to show off as well (like the long-suffering Natsuki and the other three Columns. With only 24 minutes per episode at best, one can only do so much. Introducing her earlier wouldn't have worked because, as has been said, there were already too many characters earlier on as well.
I think Kira had a lot of potential as a character but the problem was they made him far too powerful and seemingly The One to rule them all sort of idea. So it was big loss.

Mai was powerful, true, but so was Natsuki, Mikoto, Shizuru if they had worked it properly. @_@ I still can't get into terms with what they did to the ending, no matter how appropriate it could get, reset endings is just so damn cheap.

I like the idea of a medieval theme, not a continuation of the original and sequel but a prequel of what sets off Mai-HiME or Mai-OTOME, so in this case, Mai and the rest have to start all over again. Which is fine.

Definitely agree on less fillers, less fanservice and more drama/action and god-forbid a good solid plot that's gripping and strangling you every episode. Character development is a must too along with the good solid plot. Kajiura Yuki MUST return too. And more male characters than just Tate please.
Old 2006-04-03, 20:03   Link #35
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

^medieval....Ummm... Here's a start...
Spoiler:

I would like that twist... Especially if there's more of her^
Old 2006-04-03, 20:34   Link #36
poseur

anything is welcome except

NO MORE tate/sirgay/anyone that looks like him

his character design/development/role sucks too bad

can we have some other shounen retards other than this ONE...
Old 2006-04-03, 20:41   Link #37
CaiSter21

the only two things needed to have a decent mai series....

MAI AND NATSUKI!!!
Old 2006-04-03, 20:43   Link #38
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters
^medieval....Ummm... Here's a start...
Spoiler:

I would like that twist... Especially if there's more of her^
That's okay. Tomoe's counterattack? (still wondering how she survived that fall)
Old 2006-04-03, 21:16   Link #39
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
That's okay. Tomoe's counterattack? (still wondering how she survived that fall)
You mean falls

And the second fall sounded like an explosion/meteorite impact. How does one survive a crash landing while in normal human mode?
Old 2006-04-03, 21:27   Link #40
Qbi Sannin

I want an all Yuri comprised Mai Otome/Hime. I want a pairing of Shizuru/Natsuki and Chie/Aoi. MAYBE make it like Suzuka..a drama. Mai has crush on Natsuki... Sergei has a crush on Shizuru. And these 2 will get in the WAY. And then Chie is um...Haruka's student! And forbids her to be with Aoi because she is a student of...a rival YOUNG teacher named Miss Maria! Yes Yes that's it. Let's see what else...
Closed Thread