AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-06-09, 17:19   Link #3601
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
What I mean is that both sides VIRM and the Klaxo sapiens, whoever wins means that what remains of humanity is done for, unless the impending planetary apocalypse forces the remains of APE (humans) and the remains of the klaxos to form an unlikely alliance
What are you talking about. APE is VIRM. They were never humans. Wasn't that really clear this episode?

The only humans are the people working for APE without knowing what was going on. They were tools, and most of them are clones at this point.
Old 2018-06-09, 17:20   Link #3602
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That's not the point. We already know that there are IRL women out there who have experienced such a thing. My point is: wouldn't it be nice if an anime that promotes getting pregnant and giving birth to babies like Franxx actually commit to its cause by presenting us more about those things in the actual show? I mean, the generic way (if Kokoro survived) is to skip late-pregnancy and child-birth and then just show the baby already born in an epilogue or something like most anime out there that have pregnant protags. The unconventional way is to actually show Kokoro's late pregnancy and how she and her friends (given that they survived in the end) deal with the child-birth with their limited resources and whether or not Kokoro will survive the process, all with good execution. The former is what I guess the show will go with (or something similar) while the latter is something I don't expect a show like Franxx to have the balls to tackle it (but if it does, more props to it).
Best delivery scene in anime at the moment still belongs to Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, let's see if they can surpass that .

Or they could just go the really hard way and have Kokoro die in delivery, which may run a bit against their intended message but really, for a bunch of kids that didn't even know what sex was two weeks ago and without medical training or supplies, isn't that outlandish. In fact, I'd say that realistically, if anything went wrong, at this point, she should be toast. An haemorrhage, the baby being badly positioned in the womb, you name it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
What are you talking about. APE is VIRM. They were never humans. Wasn't that really clear this episode?

The only humans are the people working for APE without knowing what was going on. They were tools, and most of them are clones at this point.
Some of the members of APE are humans, only a couple are VIRM. So probably the human APE members were duped like the rest.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 17:35   Link #3603
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post

APE had seven council members, but with the twisted revelations in episode 17 and in this episode it was disclosed that three of their members were VIRM passing off as immortal humans.

One of the disguised VIRM got killed back in episode 17 when attempted to murder Klaxx-hime in her turf.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Guido; 2018-06-10 at 00:07. Reason: Rectified post for being condescending
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 17:45   Link #3604
Blueknight78

yeah, go back to the "professor flashback" episode and you see, APE was started by 3 VIRMs which infiltrate in the mankind to start they plans, then later some humans joined in APE ranks, making them a total of 7, e VIRMs and 5 humans.

Another notemay seem strange but I honestly did not understand the part in which they explain what magma energy was?? someone cal give me that explanation?
Old 2018-06-09, 17:49   Link #3605
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
Another notemay seem strange but I honestly did not understand the part in which they explain what magma energy was?? someone cal give me that explanation?
There are two types of Klaxosaurs, ones with bodies that the kids have been fighting and ones without. The ones without bodies live underground and they ARE the magma energy.

Basically, Humanity has been mining the life blood of a living creature as its energy source. The Klaxosaurs with bodies having being trying to stop this hence why they attack any site with Magma energy.

Also, the Klaxosaurs with bodies seemed to have merged their souls into their mechs. Hence the Mechs aren't so much piloted as the mechs are themselves the Klaxosaurs. Humanity has been gathering Klaxosaurs cores and using them to build the Franxx. Hence even Dr. Franxx wasn't sure how to get the Franxx to work, he was attempting to reverse engineer a biomachine he didn't understand.

The Klaxosaurs split into their two types in the aftermath of the first Virm invasion. I'll add here that the invasion fleet is called a Reconnaissance Fleet. I suspect that the Virm agents that started APE were sent to recon the state of the Klaxosaurs. They discovered race had evolved on Earth, humanity and decided to use them against the Klaxosaurs while they waited for their Recon Fleet to arrive.

Edit: thinking about it, the Klaxosaurs are Jian birds. Both the female and male have their souls fused with the mech so its not so much that the male pilots the female but rather that they are now made one. The Klaosaurs can't operate their bodies without that perfect fusion of the two genders.

Last edited by wissenschaft; 2018-06-10 at 00:46.
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 18:15   Link #3606
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
You can correct someone without being condescending, you know.

There are two types of Klaxosaurs, ones with bodies that the kids have been fighting and ones without. The ones without bodies live underground and they ARE the magma energy.

Basically, Humanity has been mining the life blood of a living creature as its energy source. The Klaxosaurs with bodies having being trying to stop this hence why they attack any site with Magma energy.

Also, the Klaxosaurs with bodies seemed to have merged their souls into their mechs. Hence the Mechs aren't so much piloted as the mechs are themselves the Klaxosaurs. Humanity has been gathering Klaxosaurs cores and using them to build the Franxx. Hence even Dr. Franxx wasn't sure how to get the Franxx to work, he was attempting to reverse engineer a biomachine he didn't understand.

The Klaxosaurs split into their two types in the aftermath of the first Virm invasion. I'll add here that the invasion fleet is called a Reconnaissance Fleet. I suspect that the Virm agents that started APE were sent to recon the state of the Klaxosaurs. They discovered race had evolved on Earth, humanity and decided to use them against the Klaxosaurs while they waited for their Recon Fleet to arrive.

Edit: thinking about it, the Klaxosaurs are Jian birds. Both the female and male have their souls fused with the mech so its not so much that the male pilots the female but rather that they are now made one. The Klaosaurs can't operate their bodies without that perfect fusion of the two genders.
hmmm looks like what i read not was wrong just confuse for me, but this still don't proper explain why klaxxus and humans where sor of "from the same original specie, like apes(monkeys) and humans

The part about "mergin in one body i understood this explained why the nines can pilot like that, because they basically are "hermaphrodites" each one have both gender then don't matter who is the piston and who is the other side.
Old 2018-06-09, 18:35   Link #3607
Kazu-kun

I guess 02 will have to save Hiro so they can't stop this world-destroying device. I wonder if the princess will join the MC team after this. Could be fun. Alternatively, she might just die while helping 02 and Hiro save the world.
Old 2018-06-09, 18:50   Link #3608
SeaDoor

Up until this point I thought this series had a enjoyably consistent narrative developed but pulling an unmentioned third party to be the ultimate bad guys is just a let down for me. It does make for an easier ending but at the cost of a huge disappointment. We really need that guy from the US cable network, The History Channel... *sigh*

OF COURSE, I could have missed clues along the way. Would anyone care to point out where the story suggested there were aliens involved?
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 18:50   Link #3609
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Killing off Klax Hime would be playing it safe, so I'd like her to survive instead. I hope she won't just go back to her cave either, and will realize her mistake and try to build a peaceful relationship with humans this time. What little humans will be left, anyway.

By the way, I just read about this: Virm + ape is an anagram for vampire. Fits their nature.
Old 2018-06-09, 19:11   Link #3610
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

"True enemy" Ehhh personally I still don't think the Klaxosaurs are very friendly. Just because they have bigger fish to fry than humans...

It's more a "humans-being-caught-in-the-crossfire" scenario to me. And the resolution of the plot would be the humans finding a way to live in peace again.

...I also don't think the Klaxo princess made any "mistake". From their perspective they are defending themselves against mankind as well as the aliens.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 19:42   Link #3611
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Killing off Klax Hime would be playing it safe, so I'd like her to survive instead. I hope she won't just go back to her cave either, and will realize her mistake and try to build a peaceful relationship with humans this time. What little humans will be left, anyway.
What mistake? Her race was peacefully living in the deepest parts of the Earth, not bothering anyone. Suddenly the humans, controlled by the Virms, started killing her kind. What was she supposed to do, ask them kindly to fuck off? Nah, she retaliated and it was the right thing to do.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2018-06-09 at 19:58.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 20:12   Link #3612
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post
OF COURSE, I could have missed clues along the way. Would anyone care to point out where the story suggested there were aliens involved?
Remember when the princess called APE "wannabe human", that was the clue about APE not being human, this means which they could be "anything else" even aliens and the fact which APE appear out of nowhere with a "top technology" even for mankind that hints showed which they where "special".

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-06-09 at 20:29.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 20:13   Link #3613
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I'm more curious how the Dino Queen is gonna be handled. will she have a happy ending once she realizes the humans have been used by the Aliens this whole time?
Old 2018-06-09, 20:33   Link #3614
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
By the way, I just read about this: Virm + ape is an anagram for vampire. Fits their nature.
Wow, I don't know if thats intentional but it really is fitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
Remember when the princess called APE "wannabe human", that was the clue about APE not being human, this means which they could be "anything else" even aliens and the fact which APE appear out of nowhere with a "top technology" even for mankind that hints showed which they where "special".
Theres also the little tid bit that the Plantation were actually built before the Klaxosaurs, as if APE anticipated their appearance. Also, theres the line from Papa: "we shall release you from your shells or as you call them, bodies." Its an odd line unless papa doesn't have a body, hinting some of APE members aren't humans. Klaxosaurs have bodies so in hindsight, it was a bit silly to think Papa was a former Klaxosaur. Now we know the truth. Papa is a Virm, who appear to be spirits. Virm don't have bodies so having one is probably an alien concept to them.
Old 2018-06-09, 20:35   Link #3615
firemagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligerleon89 View Post
Humanity basically just got played alongside the Klaxso on this one. And with humanity giving up their reproduction abilities I think, being a freaking fiddle to the VRIM who ingratiated themselves into humanity, gave them what they wanted so long it fitted with their plans for this moment. Dang. And all that foreshadowing with Kokoro was also leading up to the moment that humanity as a species has to continue their existence doing the old fashioned way, to which Kokoro and Mitsuru did start on that. So it would make sense for them to survive to the end...although childbirth is a complicated, and dangerous process that I don't think they checked out well enough, hope they got time after when this is through, assuming they survive.
Pretty much. No-one suspected or knew. We got serious hints that not all was well back in episode 1, and a few crucial episodes, notably episode 16 and 17, expanded upon that. We knew that APE wasn't right when we knew that at least one of their memebers weren't human, and that the three who were fully clothed had ulterior motives. What's clear now is that VIRM intended to harvest both humanity and the klaxosaurs as a food source, with the goal of manufacturing an environmental crisis and turning the two against one another to ease the goal of the physical and mental enslavement of both races.

What isn't clear about this is is humanity's role in this. 001 calls Humans "shinyuusha" (lit: invaders), and notes that at one point the klaxosaurs lived upon the surface. They were only forced to live underground by the first VIRM invasion. That being the case.....................why hasn't humanity come in contact with them before, and why is it the case that klaxosapiens as Dr. Franxx calls didn't leave behind any traces on the surface?

After all, it would seem that even a cursory check of mount Fuji would have revealed the klaxosaur base beneath it....

Did the VIRM create humans originally as clone soldiers to attack the Klaxosaurs? Or are humans merely an offshoot of those who managed to survive above-ground? Were the VIRM, then responsible for the Impact Event 65MYA that wiped out the "dinosaurs?"

Need more info here, and I suspect that we'll get it next episode now that Hiro is stuck with 001.

Also, names for 001:

Reii, Mahi, or Mai.
firemagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 20:42   Link #3616
Blueknight78

Quote:
Theres also the little tid bit that the Plantation were actually built before the Klaxosaurs, as if APE anticipated their appearance. Also, theres the line from Papa: "we shall release you from your shells or as you call them, bodies." Its an odd line unless papa doesn't have a body, hinting some of APE members aren't humans. Klaxosaurs have bodies so in hindsight, it was a bit silly to think Papa was a former Klaxosaur. Now we know the truth. Papa was a Virm, who appear to be spirits. Virm don't have bodies so having one is probably an alien concept to them.
yeah good point, we had some little hints but looks like we just "overlooked" or not take in account "alien" and tried to keep things at earth, like being machines or being also klaxxs or other type of life but still grounded to "earth".
Old 2018-06-09, 21:09   Link #3617
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemagnet View Post
What isn't clear about this is is humanity's role in this. 001 calls Humans "shinyuusha" (lit: invaders)
I thought she was referring to the Virms when she said that. Or maybe she isn't making any distinctions between Virms and humans since they're working together in the end.
Old 2018-06-09, 21:32   Link #3618
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

...Yeah, I can do NTR by mother. Come to think of it, I don't recall many doujins that cover that area.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 21:36   Link #3619
bakato

So 02 got ntr'ed by her mom.
Old 2018-06-09, 21:37   Link #3620
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Papa wasn't lying. They are going to release humanity from their shells and send them into a higher exestinace.........in the Virm's stomachs. The devil is always in the little details. :P
That reminds me of the twilight zone episode "To serve man".

Well, for me this went full Macross in an instant, if this is the first episode of the final arc then this is going to get crazier and crazier (at least animation wise).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote