Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-05, 11:44   Link #8901
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Remember that popular, but repeatedly debunked claim that a Super Pershing dueled a King Tiger and won?
http://www.3ad.com/history/news/super.pershing.1.htm

Hmm...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 12:13   Link #8902
GHOST EYE
Early Warning & Control

Too many 5 kill games where the 6th is denied by some scumbag. Tempted to start team killing everything I see from a certain point on. Might as well get negative six if I can't get top gun. Arty says I was greedy and wasn't appreciating his help? I FUCKING SPOTTED HIS TARGETS, HE WOULDN'T HAVE DONE SHIT IF I DIDN'T.

I fail to understand how everyone else seems to get top gun so easily and I have to deal with this shit.
GHOST EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 12:19   Link #8903
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Yeah i hate how that happens alot now... but i don't care anymore cause i got other tanks i can play.
Old 2013-08-05, 12:47   Link #8904
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOST EYE View Post
Too many 5 kill games where the 6th is denied by some scumbag. Tempted to start team killing everything I see from a certain point on. Might as well get negative six if I can't get top gun.
I disagree. What's most important in a match is to get your team a win as soon as possible, which means doing as much damage as possible and taking out weakened opponents as soon as you get the chance to. Everyone wants to get the most damage or kills, and if they are in the position to get a hit in before you, why shouldn't they? They might have done more damage than you anyway. Consider moments when someone actually holds back to let you get Top Gun to be a special gesture of kindness rather than what you deserve to get.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 12:52   Link #8905
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well take in account that the current mission this week rewards 30% more creds to those who do most damage (the top 3 damage in either team).
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 13:03   Link #8906
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I disagree. What's most important in a match is to get your team a win as soon as possible, which means doing as much damage as possible and taking out weakened opponents as soon as you get the chance to. Everyone wants to get the most damage or kills, and if they are in the position to get a hit in before you, why shouldn't they? They might have done more damage than you anyway. Consider moments when someone actually holds back to let you get Top Gun to be a special gesture of kindness rather than what you deserve to get.
This is my opinion as well. I have had 5 kill matches where teammates were yelling at each other to let me get the 6th kill and I told them to shut up and kill the guy so we could win. The win matters above all and if I didn't get that medal in the course of normal gameplay I didn't earn it. I will generally not shoot an enemy on low hp that someone with 5 kills is in a position to kill but if I think any enemy poses a threat to the team winning I will shoot them without hesitation regardless of what medal someone is in position to possibly get.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 13:21   Link #8907
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOST EYE View Post
Too many 5 kill games where the 6th is denied by some scumbag. Tempted to start team killing everything I see from a certain point on. Might as well get negative six if I can't get top gun. Arty says I was greedy and wasn't appreciating his help? I FUCKING SPOTTED HIS TARGETS, HE WOULDN'T HAVE DONE SHIT IF I DIDN'T.

I fail to understand how everyone else seems to get top gun so easily and I have to deal with this shit.
I don't see the point as long as people weren't actively shooting you up.

I had the case when a guy TKed me to prevent me from getting my 8th kill.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 13:25   Link #8908
Gravitas Free Zone

If it's the very last target and the outcome is certain, then I'll help a person with five get the sixth. Like there are five of us left at 50-100% and the sole enemy is at 10%.

If it's the very last target and the outcome is not certain, I won't hold back. This is just about any situation unlike the one I described above.

If it's just during the course of the game and there are still many active enemies out there... I won't hold back either.

And I will shoot weakened targets in situations where someone else might say "kill steal," because a tank out of play is a tank out of play; rather deal with one dead tank and one tank at 50% than have two tanks rolling around at 10%.

Rather have everyone's win rate go up for certain.

At least the current missions give bonuses for damage and not kills. The kill-based reward missions (like kill three per game) just led to angst.

...and also because I've seen several instances of "the last tank" blowing away half of an enemy team on their own.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-08-05 at 13:39.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 14:10   Link #8909
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Yeah i have done that one time in my sp.

But if i get ff i will not hold back and start shoot gold at them until their dead. i show no mercy... mercy is for the weak. well unless im too busy with the enemy.

I usually dont care about tup gun... If it happens it happens. if it doesnt tough luck bro. suck it up, its WoT, wat do u expect. its only a game.

Its not like u spent money like i do.
Old 2013-08-05, 14:43   Link #8910
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post

But if i get ff i will not hold back and start shoot gold at them until their dead. i show no mercy... mercy is for the weak. well unless im too busy with the enemy.
I think shooting gold at teammates is pretty close to crossing the line from lazy to outright nuts. If you want to get rid of your money that badly I can give it a good home.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 15:18   Link #8911
GHOST EYE
Early Warning & Control

Compared to the European server though, I don't see as many people on NA deliberately trying to do team damage... I also apologize for my outburst earlier in this thread.
GHOST EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 16:15   Link #8912
Blaat

Had a platoon session with Drake, which truth to be told didn't go terribly well lots of losses, plenty of +two tier MM etc.
After that, even though I warned him, Newhope joined us and it was mostly wins, and lots of funs.

I did get another Radley-Walter’s Medal on the T49 (replay)
Old 2013-08-05, 19:19   Link #8913
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
By the way, I heard that there's a mod out there that tracks tank angles. I think it's one of the reticle mods, but I can't remember the name. Thinking of trying it out after the reinstall this weekend.
Old 2013-08-05, 19:50   Link #8914
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

*shrugs* i only use jimbo's crosshair mod for me.
Old 2013-08-05, 19:51   Link #8915
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
Goose its firewall problem error then it is relevant to your issue that you have. See this is why IT ppl hate end users and think of employees as idiots and uneducated when it comes down to computers. No matter how it is explained or detailed the solution they don't a crap hey just want IT to fix their computer.
Touma, it couldn't have been a firewall issue because my firewall settings did not change at all. I had the same settings in 8.6 and it worked, but derped out in 8.7. In desperation, i had my firewall fucking turned off and I still got the error. Logically, my previous settings should have been fine.

Anyhow, decided to swap headsets for another USB headset that I have. Problem went away.

So, a measure of derp; the error message says it's a firewall issue, but running WoT with a USB headset instead of line in rig seems to solve the problem.

And Touma, I read the FAQs first. End users also hate IT when IT doesn't get it. I have repeatedly told you the issue was not present in 8.6; that should have ruled out firewalls for you. Some IT you are. You did no explaining or troubleshooting, just regurgitated the FAQ.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 19:59   Link #8916
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
By the way, I heard that there's a mod out there that tracks tank angles. I think it's one of the reticle mods, but I can't remember the name. Thinking of trying it out after the reinstall this weekend.
Like this?

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.p...ngleindicator/
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 20:01   Link #8917
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I posted the FAQ because it was relevant to the problem in general based on what you described the first time, obviously it wouldn't be what your looking for if you didn't give details on the history, any IT person would give the same answer until you give them the proper situation.

At least teru gave me some clues on what actually happen to her problem.

And if you think IT is so simple why don't you try learning it then, maybe you might be smarter than me and get a better GPA than what I got.
Old 2013-08-05, 21:10   Link #8918
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

A GPA means nothing in the real world. This has been my personal experience, where despite me being a college dropout (because I didn't have the money to continue), I run rings around degree holders with high GPAs, because they can't find their asses with their own hands, and don't know jach shit.

I may not have studied IT formally, but I have done troubleshooting, stress testing, user acceptance tests, and I wrote the primary evaluation of the Domino's Pulse software and whether or not it was relevant for Domino's Malaysia. When we moved call centers, not only did I have to move all our equipment, I also had to assist MIS with seting, installation and network configuration. I have had to configure in one night 71 softphones and 10 hardphones, and ensure that all extensions were working.

The difference between you and me, Touma, is that while you're always playing the know-it-all, the guy who has the answers for everything, I'm the guy who goes: "Right, this ain't working. How do we fix it?"

Frankly, Touma, I don't care if your GPA is 11.0*, because from what I can see of you, I highly doubt that you can actually take that book knowledge and actually apply it into real life, what with your foot in mouth and general foolishness. Who was it, I wonder, who was going around saying that spamming gold rounds were the only way to pen, when everyone else was saying aim for weakspots?

*I am well aware that an American GPA will hover between 2 to 4, but I'm turning it up to eleven for hyperbolic exaggeration.

-=-
On subjects that won't raise my blood pressure further (it took me almost 4 years to get my blood pressure down, what with stress at work, and now coming to Asuki and seeing Touma and Hagoshod brings it back up), I have the Crusader. I was a little derp - the crusader's best gun is the 6pdr Mark V, but I sold my spare, lol. So I bought it again. I'm now wondering whether that was the right choice, given that there are so many things that can kill my crusader pretty quick. I think putting my Valentine crew into it might have been a mistake...

On the bright side, I've got tracks and the 2nd turret. I'm now clear all the way to get the cromwell.

The nice thing, IMO, about the british tanks, is how the guns are all shared. Valentine is great for grinding the british guns.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 22:14   Link #8919
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

What does shooting gold rounds got to do with learning shit... its irrelevant to the issue you addressed the first time, and experience without proper knowledge goes no where, i don't boast about my schooling, but neither do i say that i'm unlearned, you need to learn something before you can apply shit in real life, besides we're talking about the game not real life practical shit.

I don't claim to be some Bill Gates or CEO of Apple, that's just going full retard. I only post to assist on the problem related issues towards IT and internet.

Also it doesn't matter if you dropped out and had no money, Bill Gates was a drop out as well.

That being aside, Anyone close to getting their T62A that wants to plat with Q and me sometime this weekend maybe.
Old 2013-08-05, 22:15   Link #8920
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Does it have to be T-54? I could bring my Centurion Mk 7 or Foch 50. Or heaven forbid my Conqueror.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks